SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   HOUSTON | Development Thread II (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114123)

Urbannizer Nov 4, 2014 3:48 PM

http://www.uptownparkhouston.com/sit...e/TST_6304.jpg


http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...r-uptown-park/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chron
AmREIT updates development plans for Uptown Projects

AmREIT, the Houston-based real estate firm that recently announced a deal to be acquired by Edens Investment Trust reported third-quarter financial results Thursday, along with updates on the company’s redevelopment initiatives planned for the Galleria area.

The redevelopment projects include:

The Palazzi at Uptown Park: A 16-story, 238-unit apartment building on 1.1 acres at the northwest portion of the Uptown Park property. The building would have 14,000 square feet of ground level-retail space. The total project cost, including land, is estimated at $134 million, and construction is expected to start in the second half of next year.

1670 Post Oak: An agreement with Lynd Development to build a 40-story, 350-unit high-rise multifamily building above ground-floor retail. AmREIT would retain ownership of the land, 1.58 acres at the northwest corner of San Felipe and Post Oak Boulevard now known as the Courtyard at Post Oak. It would lease the land to the Lynd venture and also own an interest in the retail, parking garage and multi-family portion. The project cost is estimated at $146 million, and construction could begin within the next year.

800 Post Oak: AmREIT owns a 20.3 percent interest in the Inverness Townhomes and has entered into an agreement with Trammell Crow Co. to develop 591,000 square feet of office space and 19,000 square feet of retail space with parking. The site is about 2.9 acres and is located at the northwest corner of Post Oak Boulevard and Uptown Park Boulevard. Trammell Crow’s longtime partner, Principal Financial Group, will be a key investor. The more than $280 million project could begin within the next 15 months.

The Tower at Uptown Park: AmREIT is in negotiations with a four-story hotel flag and development partner for a mixed-use project on the southeast corner of Uptown Park, located at the corner of Loop 610 and Post Oak Boulevard. The plan involves a 37-story building with 310 hotel rooms, 236 apartments and 18,000 square feet of retail space. Total project costs are estimated at $200 million. Construction could begin within the next 15 months.


toxteth o'grady Nov 4, 2014 3:50 PM

How does this compare with the development schedule prior to the acquisition?

Urbannizer Nov 5, 2014 3:57 AM

Crest at Fondren: New Renderings

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7532/...82d54b8b_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5597/...f67944c1_b.jpg

The Carter: Hi-res renderings

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3947/...bb26c63c_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8257/...1668a6ec_b.jpg

Gray + Houston: Hi-res renderings of this mystery project.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3947/...3ab1cd8d_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7536/...d5427355_b.jpg

Urbannizer Nov 5, 2014 4:56 AM

3003 Louisiana: New rendering of the office building that's replacing Van Loc in Midtown.

Website: http://www.3003louisiana.com/

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7547/...785a2696_b.jpg

TexasPlaya Nov 5, 2014 6:36 AM

Wow, nice renderings all around. Hopefully we see more apartments along Westheimer like the Crest of Fondren.

Clev Nov 5, 2014 7:42 AM

I love that midtown office tower.

toxteth o'grady Nov 5, 2014 7:10 PM

3003 Louisiana looks like it is 9 floors atop 7 levels of parking.

Who is the developer of the Gray and are there any hints as to when?

toxteth o'grady Nov 5, 2014 7:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasPlaya (Post 6795516)
Wow, nice renderings all around. Hopefully we see more apartments along Westheimer like the Crest of Fondren.

Needs more cowbell.

toxteth o'grady Nov 5, 2014 7:24 PM

Swamplot is reporting that the St. Honore development has changed from this:

http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploa...-rendering.jpg

To this:

http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploa...-rendering.jpg

Call it Cadogan Place; it looks like it's getting built Vienna, VA.

Fancy San Felipe Townhome Project Downsizes from French to English

AviationGuy Nov 5, 2014 8:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasPlaya (Post 6795516)
Wow, nice renderings all around. Hopefully we see more apartments along Westheimer like the Crest of Fondren.

In looking at Streetview, I see that this stretch of Westheimer has many palm trees. I hope with all the new development that these trees are preserved.

toxteth o'grady Nov 6, 2014 1:48 AM

The University of St. Thomas is thinking creatively with its proposed Science and Health Professions Quadrangle:

http://6g9wqj9ggn3kt3ag31qk8fki.wpen...tablishing.jpg

Here’s the New Science Quad Building the University of St. Thomas Is Itching To Get Going On

toxteth o'grady Nov 6, 2014 9:43 PM

December 9 groundbreaking for the Sugar Land performing arts center (formal name awaited):

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...-to-break.html

toxteth o'grady Nov 6, 2014 9:49 PM

Continued signs of the boom. Condo demand Downtown is increasing. One place is renting for $2.80 a SF:

Downtown Houston sees demand for condos

And the energy sector continues to boost demand for office space:

Guess which industry is fueling Houston’s office demand?


http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...TS-600x276.jpg

Rents in energy cities soar

Clev Nov 7, 2014 3:25 AM

Good. Downtown definitely needs some condo towers.

toxteth o'grady Nov 7, 2014 4:46 PM

The HBJ print edition had a whole summary map of the projects downtown, although some of the dates and statuses were not entirely up-to-date.

Speaking of multifamily, this project, which may not have been mentioned previously, showed up as a building permit in the latest edition of HBJ:

Broadstone Energy Park:

http://www.ediarchitecture.com/defau...ergy-Park3.jpg

Houston1836 Nov 7, 2014 6:25 PM

Forward-thinking master planning takes the next step for The Energy Corridor District

http://www.energycorridor.org/sites/...concept-lg.jpg

http://www.energycorridor.org/newsle.../november-2014

Houston1836 Nov 7, 2014 6:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasPlaya (Post 6786991)
I use to live by this and this will be a huge boon for the area. Stafford is mostly industrial/logistics surrounded by mostly low income, working class neighborhoods near the Houston side. I wonder how expensive these units will be as this is in a decent location if you work in uptown or westchase area.

With zero property taxes for its residents and a 10-year tax exemption for opening a business in Stafford, seems to be a good move. I grew up in Stafford and this is sorely needed. Interesting to see how this affects The Fountains since they will be roughly across from each other on 59.

Houston1836 Nov 7, 2014 7:18 PM

The Houston Chronicle posted these nice renderings of the proposed Sugar Land performance venue.

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/33/07/40.../1000x1000.jpg

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/33/07/40.../1000x1000.jpg

Houston1836 Nov 7, 2014 7:20 PM

The west continues to grow...

The Young Ranch Planed Development District, a master-planned community approved by the Katy City Council in October, will cover 388 acres south of Interstate 10 between Anserra and Willow Creek Farms on Pederson Road.

http://impactnews.com/downloads/3285...4726fc7f23367b

http://impactnews.com/houston-metro/...nity-approved/

toxteth o'grady Nov 7, 2014 7:55 PM

That and the area around Conroe appear to be gearing up for some major homebuilding. The Metropolitan Houston limits are about to surpass Brookshire.

weatherguru18 Nov 7, 2014 8:15 PM

What will the SL performing arts center cater to? Will it be in direct competition with Cynthia Woods?

The Best Forumer Nov 7, 2014 8:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weatherguru18 (Post 6799396)
What will the SL performing arts center cater to? Will it be in direct competition with Cynthia Woods?



Doubt it. They're way too far from each other to make any real impact on the other's business. Who from sugarland is going to make the journey all the way to the woodlands just to see a concert and vice versa? Not many people I think.

toxteth o'grady Nov 7, 2014 8:25 PM

It's more an indoor venue, so while it may take some of the events that would normally go to the Mitchell, I think their focus will be different. It's probably more of a competitor to the Hobby Center.

The Best Forumer Nov 7, 2014 8:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady (Post 6799423)
It's more an indoor venue, so while it may take some of the events that would normally go to the Mitchell, I think their focus will be different. It's probably more of a competitor to the Hobby Center.

I thought they were both concert venues (sugarland and woodlands)? Are there types of concerts that should be enjoyed outdoors as opposed to indoors?

If it really is intended to give Hobby Center competition, I hope it's not too much. Nobody is going to want to drive all the way to sugarland to watch an opera.

Von Nov 7, 2014 8:48 PM

THE PLAZA GEORGE
Aaron Seward
The Architect's Newspaper
11-07-2014
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ps14ef7f78.jpg
Quote:

The George R. Brown Convention Center (GRB) in downtown Houston is set to receive a facelift in preparation for Super Bowl LI, which is coming to the Bayou City in 2017. Houston First Corporation, the quasi-governmental organization that operates the facility for the city, recently hired architecture firm WHR to bring the nearly 2 million-square-foot venue up to world class standards.
http://archpaper.com/news/articles.a...5#.VF0uIjTF9Zo

toxteth o'grady Nov 7, 2014 9:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Best Forumer (Post 6799469)
Nobody is going to want to drive all the way to sugarland to watch an opera.

I think they're going to go there to watch Reba McEntire

More development, hotel-wise; a new hotel is going into Tomball (well, it's only a Residence Inn, but still...)

New Tomball hotel slated to open in March 2016

weatherguru18 Nov 7, 2014 9:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Best Forumer (Post 6799419)
Doubt it. They're way too far from each other to make any real impact on the other's business. Who from sugarland is going to make the journey all the way to the woodlands just to see a concert and vice versa? Not many people I think.

People drive from all over Houston, including Sugar Land to Cythia Woods when big names come to town. I suspect Dave Matthews Band, ZZ Top, Cher or Garth Brooks would have a much more regional pull to TW than an Opera would to SL.

Trae Nov 8, 2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Best Forumer (Post 6799469)
I thought they were both concert venues (sugarland and woodlands)? Are there types of concerts that should be enjoyed outdoors as opposed to indoors?

If it really is intended to give Hobby Center competition, I hope it's not too much. Nobody is going to want to drive all the way to sugarland to watch an opera.

Mitchell Pavilion has a much higher capacity, so the larger concerts are going to still be going there.

photoLith Nov 8, 2014 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houston1836 (Post 6799317)
The west continues to grow...

The Young Ranch Planed Development District, a master-planned community approved by the Katy City Council in October, will cover 388 acres south of Interstate 10 between Anserra and Willow Creek Farms on Pederson Road.

http://impactnews.com/downloads/3285...4726fc7f23367b

http://impactnews.com/houston-metro/...nity-approved/

That's disgusting. The Katy Prairie has already been decimated. And now more will be destroyed for a terrifyingly boring planned suburban piece of crap "neighborhood". And I thought this was a forum for urban development, not crap open space destroying suburban development.

Urbannizer Nov 8, 2014 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photoLith (Post 6800217)
That's disgusting. The Katy Prairie has already been decimated. And now more will be destroyed for a terrifyingly boring planned suburban piece of crap "neighborhood". And I thought this was a forum for urban development, not crap open space destroying suburban development.

Yeah, some of the articles being posted here, should not be posted here..I think this thread is being overthrown with articles on small, suburban developments and things that don't really have to do with development. From now on anyone who wants to continue to post articles on suburban projects should created a thread in the Texas/Southcentral section.

Urbannizer Nov 8, 2014 6:35 PM

The Suzanne : 11/8 by HoustonMidtown

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3949/...7c01a399_b.jpg

Pearl at the Mix: 11/6 by Triton

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7530/...d5f4df4c_b.jpg

Mickey Leland Federal Building: 11/6 by Triton

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7512/...2d9ed5ae_o.png

Urbannizer Nov 8, 2014 6:45 PM

Post Office Redevelopment: This may be our first look at the plans. Midway is said to be the developer chosen to redevelop the site.

http://www.munozalbin.com/62-houston-post-office.html

Quote:

  • Six phase construction program with Low-rise Wrap building type
    Podium Mid-rise building type and High-Rise towers.
  • The plan proposes a restaurant destination plaza next to downtown with rental and for sale residential units.
  • 1,867 Residential Units

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5598/...ccd61192_b.jpg

Urbannizer Nov 8, 2014 7:02 PM

Convention Center Redevelopment: New Renderings

http://archpaper.com/uploads/Reduced_ADLA_Stage.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3943/...7b60370e_b.jpg

http://archpaper.com/uploads/image/R...The-Garden.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3948/...8a7424e0_b.jpg

http://archpaper.com/uploads/Reduced_ADLA_The-Cloud.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3944/...ac11f935_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7480/...a145c21c_b.jpg

Monarch Nov 8, 2014 7:32 PM

THE SUZANNE, is going to be gorgeous!

photoLith Nov 8, 2014 7:44 PM

That federal building recladding sure did take a long time, I remember when it first started and I could view it from my apartment at Houston House, that cladding sure looks a lot better than the original 70's or 80's brown turd facade. It's also really good to see Mid-town developing nicely. Does anyone have any info or photos on the new light rail lines opening up soon? And Im super glad to see the convention center getting a reclad, that thing is super hideous as it stands now. Is there going to be retail or places to eat at the bottom level opening up to the street?

Double L Nov 8, 2014 10:12 PM

A lot of good news coming in to Houston! The Post Office Building, the Mickey Leland Federal Building, the George R. Brown Convention Center, all redevelopments that we really needed!

toxteth o'grady Nov 8, 2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 6800398)
Yeah, some of the articles being posted here, should not be posted here..I think this thread is being overthrown with articles on small, suburban developments and things that don't really have to do with development. From now on anyone who wants to continue to post articles on suburban projects should created a thread in the Texas/Southcentral section.

I thought we had the General Development thread for this.:whistle:

Anyway, the subruban tract home development isn't going away, what with a 3600-acre development going in nearby west of the Grand Parkway.

Urbannizer Nov 8, 2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady (Post 6800668)
I thought we had the General Development thread for this.:whistle:

Anyway, the subruban tract home development isn't going away, what with a 3600-acre development going in nearby west of the Grand Parkway.

We do, but I don't think we need to post things like a new suburban master-planned community at all really. Things like that aren't even posted on HAIF, these threads are geared toward more major news/developments.

Urbannizer Nov 8, 2014 11:36 PM

River Oaks District: Update from the facebook page.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...ae&oe=54D58730

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...f829c96ad07087

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...ad6d3f7349147b

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...1b&oe=54E4E0D7

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...bf&oe=54EE9657

toxteth o'grady Nov 9, 2014 4:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 6777036)
Woodlands Gate: Mixed-use project proposed for the east side of I-45, near the ExxonMobil Campus.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/h...d-use-project/



https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5612/...83474d38_b.jpg

This project may have its first tenants, even if it doesn't have a site. In the meantime, it's being marketed as an EB-5 opportunity.

Greater Houston Investment Center (GHIC)

And what I found when I looked up Lukiven was an LLC in Spring that was doing about $500,000 in business a year. What relationship they have to the Venezuelan company Lukiven, SA, I don't know.

Lukiven, SA

Houston1836 Nov 10, 2014 6:07 AM

Hard to believe that it's been 9 years since they closed down AstroWorld. Anyone hear of any rumblings of what might be developed in its place? Or will HLS&R continue to use it for a parking lot?

Cory Nov 10, 2014 7:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 6800689)
We do, but I don't think we need to post things like a new suburban master-planned community at all really. Things like that aren't even posted on HAIF, these threads are geared toward more major news/developments.

This.

Houston1836 Nov 10, 2014 1:50 PM

The latest downtown project — called Catalyst — broke ground Nov. 5. The 28-story, 361-unit luxury apartment project is being constructed at Block 52, a 1.4-acre city block bound by Texas Avenue, Austin Street, Prairie Street and La Branch Street.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/p...sidential.html

Urbannizer Nov 10, 2014 4:53 PM

Market Square Tower: Mat pour occurred yesterday. By hindesky on HAIF.

*Edit* - More pics thanks to the Houston Chron: http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...er/#28300101=7

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7534/...c89c9e6c_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7489/...80fa8f8d_b.jpg

Urbannizer Nov 10, 2014 7:13 PM

New condo development being proposed for Houston by Surge Homes.

103 N. Jackson: Downtown

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3938/...e030fa85_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7516/...ab1ef41f_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5612/...9cba4566_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5607/...61610e09_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7560/...16a7a6b9_b.jpg

4001 Main St.: Midtown

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3945/...6d11f331_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7514/...9d540497_b.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3949/...b2aa742c_b.jpg

4819 Caroline St.: Museum District

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7564/...e1b30399_b.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3951/...b49e5e1f_b.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3954/...174b2cd5_b.jpg

HoustonHorns Nov 10, 2014 7:29 PM

All three of those condo buildings look really nice. I'm especially glad that downtown and midtown are getting condos because they're mostly rentals right now. The one in downtown should have fantastic views of the downtown skyline.

HoustonHorns Nov 10, 2014 7:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photoLith (Post 6800524)
That federal building recladding sure did take a long time, I remember when it first started and I could view it from my apartment at Houston House, that cladding sure looks a lot better than the original 70's or 80's brown turd facade. It's also really good to see Mid-town developing nicely. Does anyone have any info or photos on the new light rail lines opening up soon? And Im super glad to see the convention center getting a reclad, that thing is super hideous as it stands now. Is there going to be retail or places to eat at the bottom level opening up to the street?

Yup, the plan is to have retail and restaurants on the bottom of the convention center.

Cory Nov 10, 2014 7:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 6802342)

Such good use of this block.

Houston1836 Nov 10, 2014 8:04 PM

1430 Enclave Parkway (Energy Corridor)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-O...110_111118.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u...110_111337.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8...110_111552.jpg

Urbannizer Nov 11, 2014 1:32 AM

*bump*


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.