SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Southwest Coffee Talk (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173766)

HX_Guy Apr 30, 2011 10:15 AM

So I'm wanting to start a blog abou things happening in and around Phoenix since I'm always out and about trying out new places and taking pictures...I love getting the word out. :) I recently set one up for all the car crap I've done over the years at www.diyaudi.com and this would be similar.

Can't really nail down a web address though...I registered www.phoenixhappening.com and www.whatsgoodphoenix.com but I cant decide which is better and if maybe there is something even better that could be optimized on Google to be found easily. A search on Google for "Whats happening in Phoenix" brings up 5 Million results while "Whats good in Phoenix" brings up 10 Million results. The first brings up more results on sites about things to do while the second looks like all forum discussions.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions? This could be a fun project. :D

HX_Guy May 4, 2011 8:48 PM

Haha this is kind of funny...

I got an email from Stand Up Live that the first 50 people to call get 4 free tickets to see Theo Von this Friday night. I called up, got my tickets, then put it up on Facebook. Now I've got 4 friends who booked 4 tickets each going...all to the 9:45 show. We are all Romanian...If the comedian picks up on it, he is going to rip on us bad! :D

The number is 480-719-6100 if anyone wants to see if tickets are still available.

Vicelord John May 12, 2011 8:11 AM

So I ride wednesday nights on Squaw Peak with the shop team from Slippery Pig Bike Shop. There is an apartment complex we cut through on the way from the shop to the trails. Saw a license plate today "WARP 7" sound familiar anyone?

I'm jealous of this person's proximity to trail 1A, the best mtn bike trail in Phoenix.

Buckeye Native 001 May 12, 2011 4:27 PM

I'm half-tempted to come down off the Mountain before the All-Star Game in July to partake in festivities (life-long and long-suffering Reds fan), but does anyone know what they're planning and where besides the game? Will they have anything like the NFL Experience when Arizona hosted the Super Bowl a few years back?

Although, truth be told, I thought the NFL Experience was a bit of a letdown/ripoff.

westbev93 May 12, 2011 5:24 PM

MLB Fanfest. I think it will be at the Civic Center. I believe it starts on Friday and runs through the AS Game day.

westbev93 May 12, 2011 5:25 PM

They also have the typical attendant activities to the AS Game--Homerun Derby, Celebrities/Legends softball game, and the rookie or prospects game or whatever it is called.

pbenjamin May 12, 2011 6:30 PM

Sunday is the XM All-Star Futures Game and the Taco Bell All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game. Monday is the Gatorade All-Star Workout Day featuring the State FarmĀ® Home Run Derby. Tuesday is the All Star Game. These are sold as a package. I think it will easy to get tickets from scalpers for the Sunday and Monday stuff. FanFest tickets are sold separately for $25 although you may be able to get them for $20 via various promotions.

Single event tickets for Gatorade All-Star Workout Day featuring the State Farm Home Run Derby on Monday, July 11 and the 2011 MLB All-Star Game on Tuesday, July 12 will go on sale Monday, May 16 at 10 AM MST.

Buckeye Native 001 May 12, 2011 6:46 PM

Cool, thanks for the heads-up

PHX31 May 12, 2011 8:48 PM

Does anyone know of a nice day spa or nice place to get a massage in downtown or central phoenix? Something where you can do a half day, or even just an hour massage?

HooverDam May 12, 2011 8:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 5275672)
Does anyone know of a nice day spa or nice place to get a massage in downtown or central phoenix? Something where you can do a half day, or even just an hour massage?

I can't vouch for it personally as I'm not a massage guy, but I know there's a place Downtown called Just Breath, you can check out their website. Or one of the hotels maybe...

Vicelord John May 12, 2011 8:58 PM

Quote:

Come up here to Sanctuary. Only 20 mintues from downtown and you won't get a better treatment.

PHX31 May 12, 2011 9:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicelord John (Post 5275681)
Come up here to Sanctuary. Only 20 mintues from downtown and you won't get a better treatment.

Where is it located and what kind of services do you offer and what are the prices? I'm thinking about a gift of a morning at the spa with a massage included (or just a massage)... I've never done one, so I don't know what there is and what to expect.

bwonger06 May 12, 2011 9:42 PM

Quote:

Try Par Exsalonce at Cityscape. Haven't heard any reviews on it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicelord John (Post 5275681)

Although I have no personal experience with them, my aunt and mom go there all the time and I am guessing they're fairly pleased.

Vicelord John May 12, 2011 9:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 5275698)
Where is it located and what kind of services do you offer and what are the prices? I'm thinking about a gift of a morning at the spa with a massage included (or just a massage)... I've never done one, so I don't know what there is and what to expect.

http://www.sanctuaryoncamelback.com/spa/spa.php

Is this for you or for a gift?

PHX31 May 12, 2011 10:33 PM

Gift: my gf/fiance is graduating from nursing school.

Sancuary seems a bit pricey.

Vicelord John May 12, 2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 5275788)
Gift: my gf/fiance is graduating from nursing school.

Sancuary seems a bit pricey.

you get what you pay for :banana:

PHX31 May 13, 2011 12:10 AM

An hour for a Swedish massage at Sanctuary is $150? Basically walk in, get your massage, and leave an hour later right?

Vicelord John May 13, 2011 1:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 5275894)
An hour for a Swedish massage at Sanctuary is $150? Basically walk in, get your massage, and leave an hour later right?

no. You are a member for a day. You check in, hang out in the lounge and enjoy some tea while you read or sit in the hot tub or sauna. Then you get your massage, then you go back to the lounge and relax for a while. Maybe you go to the pool and take a swim or whatever else you feel like doing while you have run of the property.

PM me about the price.

Vicelord John May 13, 2011 5:57 PM

So I've been talking about bikes and looking at getting a new one for some time now. Finally pulled the trigger late wednesday afternoon and went for my first ride on Thursday night with it. Amazing what a difference a nice road cycle can make. Being a mountain biker first, and having never had a low end mtn bike, I can't relate the difference, but I can say this is amazing. I feel like I have to ride uphill for miles just to get a workout. Gonna try riding up South Mountain on Tuesday. Did it once, but it was hard as shit so hopefully this makes it drastically easier.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6.../DSC_45261.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6.../DSC_45271.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6.../DSC_45281.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6.../DSC_45291.jpg

Leo the Dog May 14, 2011 2:23 AM

^^^ Great looking bike! How much does it weigh?