SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   St. John's (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=700)
-   -   [St. John's] Retail Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198935)

Robg Mar 16, 2013 12:17 AM

To the point about Starbucks I heard the same about the stavanger locations as well they hope to have more than 10 locations in the cma in the next few years

Arrakis Mar 16, 2013 4:51 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...90311740_o.jpg

The old Zellers reno is moving along pretty quickly. The entire side is gone getting ready to build onto the west side of the building facing Kents. Looking forward to seeing the finished building. Apologies for the crappy photo. Weather wasn't too nice that day.

Townie709 Mar 16, 2013 1:57 PM

Wow! That's moving along quickly! :tup:

SignalHillHiker Mar 22, 2013 8:27 PM

At mall. Jump+ opens tomorrow.

statbass Mar 24, 2013 5:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker (Post 6063031)
At mall. Jump+ opens tomorrow.

I was at the mall today and popped into Jump+. It's a pretty decent store, it's pretty much a smaller scale Apple Store. There's nothing there that you wouldn't be able to get at, say, Futureshop or Best Buy, but it's nice to have another option for competition purposes (i.e. sales). One big plus is that Jump+ does in-store servicing on Apple products - the only location on the island as far as I know. No need to send your iPhone or iPad away anymore. :D

mrjanejacobs Mar 24, 2013 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by statbass (Post 6064893)
I was at the mall today and popped into Jump+. It's a pretty decent store, it's pretty much a smaller scale Apple Store. There's nothing there that you wouldn't be able to get at, say, Futureshop or Best Buy, but it's nice to have another option for competition purposes (i.e. sales). One big plus is that Jump+ does in-store servicing on Apple products - the only location on the island as far as I know. No need to send your iPhone or iPad away anymore. :D

Wow - that's awesome. That's going to draw a lot of business. Purchasing AppleCare in NL until now was almost a waste of money.

PoscStudent Mar 24, 2013 6:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by statbass (Post 6064893)

MUN has a service area for Apple now. I'm not sure if it is just for students and I don't know what they fix.

mrjanejacobs Mar 24, 2013 6:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 6064913)
MUN has a service area for Apple now. I'm not sure if it is just for students and I don't know what they fix.

I tried having my Macbook pro serviced while I was home once and they wouldn't help me because I wasn't a MUN student. Unfortunately.

PoscStudent Mar 24, 2013 6:22 PM

Odd, I wouldn't think they'd have enough business to turn away people like that.

statbass Mar 24, 2013 6:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 6064917)
Odd, I wouldn't think they'd have enough business to turn away people like that.

Hmm... maybe it's university policy?

Marty_Mcfly Mar 24, 2013 7:41 PM

Nice to hear about Starbucks expansion in St. John's. I remember back when there was only 1 store which no one ever went to, and now it seems like everyone loves it. It'd probably be nice to have a stand alone store downtown, as well as one in the west end of St. John's, and one in Mount Pearl to compliment the newer stores on the east end. Also, a location in the airport is a given, hopefully one will pop up once the terminal expansion is done.

Arrakis Mar 25, 2013 1:44 PM

As far as I know MUN computer services will only repair your mac if it's under warranty with Apple. They are not obligated to fix it if the warranty has expired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 6064913)

PoscStudent Apr 5, 2013 5:57 PM

The Apple service centre at Mun is no longer a registered service provider by Apple. Probably due to Jump Plus.

Arrakis Apr 6, 2013 3:31 PM

Good to know. Thanks for the update my friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 6080086)
The Apple service centre at Mun is no longer a registered service provider by Apple. Probably due to Jump Plus.

jeddy1989 Apr 10, 2013 1:05 AM

Golf Town is having a job fair this weekend at the Holiday Inn

Quote:

The new Golf Town store in St. John's, Newfoundland is hosting a job fair on Friday April 12 (3:00 pm - 7:00 pm) and Saturday April 13 (10:00 am - 2:00 pm) at the St. John's Holiday Inn (180 Portugal Cove Road, St. John's, Newfoundland)
http://stjohns.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-sale...AdIdZ472574491

The Source is opening a new store in CBS (I'm assuming it's CBS could be in bay roberts or something? but it's in the St. John's jobs section :S)

Quote:

NEW STORE OPENING IN:
Conception Bay

Now Hiring:
Sales Associates
Full Time & Part Time
http://stjohns.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-sale...AdIdZ472944262

also there's a lot of ads for an outdoor sporting store called Atmosphere .. it could already be there but it's not something I'd notice. Anyways it's in the Village mall

on another note did anyone notice the new bedroom store in the Avalon mall? it's called "Quilts etc." .. looks nice

PoscStudent Apr 10, 2013 1:16 AM

Atmosphere is part of Sport Chek.

There is a sign up in what was Athletes World in the mall saying they are closed for renovations and opening up under a different name that I can't remember. Our shopping experience is going to improve though, well according to the sign.

Trevor3 Apr 10, 2013 1:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 6084947)
Atmosphere is part of Sport Chek.

There is a sign up in what was Athletes World in the mall saying they are closed for renovations and opening up under a different name that I can't remember. Our shopping experience is going to improve though, well according to the sign.

Intersport I believe it's called, which sounds much less inspired than Athlete's World. Corner Brook is supposedly changing over as well, I really have to take a trip in there soon and see what's up with Target etc...

statbass Apr 10, 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor3 (Post 6084960)
Intersport I believe it's called, which sounds much less inspired than Athlete's World. Corner Brook is supposedly changing over as well, I really have to take a trip in there soon and see what's up with Target etc...

I just checked out their website, it looks as if they're aligned more towards sport apparel and equipment; very similar to SportChek and I would assume a competitor. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Here's the website: http://www.intersport.ca/en/

rwspencer38 Apr 10, 2013 5:19 PM

Intersport is part of the Sportchek family, as was Atheletes World. All of those companies fall under the FGL Ltd family (Forzani Group) with Sportchek and Atmosphere being their flagship stores. Kind of a Futureshop/Bestbuy sorta thing.

statbass Apr 10, 2013 5:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwspencer38 (Post 6085675)
Intersport is part of the Sportchek family, as was Atheletes World. All of those companies fall under the FGL Ltd family (Forzani Group) with Sportchek and Atmosphere being their flagship stores. Kind of a Futureshop/Bestbuy sorta thing.

Ah, right on. Making their own competition.. lol. :cheers: