SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

hollywoodcory Jun 3, 2020 6:28 PM

KLM has now loaded it's revised July schedule. As noted above in the press release only YVR and YYC will resume in addition to YYZ.

YYZ - Daily 78J
YVR - 3x weekly 78J replacing 77W
YYC - 2x weekly 772 replacing 333

Edelweiss also loaded a revised full summer schedule and both YVR & YYC survived with reduced frequencies (for now).

thenoflyzone Jun 3, 2020 7:31 PM

To tie in with the KL schedules, AF is slowly increasing service to YUL this month. Currently 4x weekly this week, going to 5x weekly next week, and to daily as of June 15.

They haven't finalized July yet, as most of the month is still showing 3 to 4 daily to YUL.

Edit: In other news, based on google flights, Royal Air Maroc is showing 2x daily to YUL as of June 16. Don't know if they simply haven't updated their schedules past that date, or if those flights are actually happening. it's only 2 weeks away, so we shall see. Also, TK is showing 2x weekly YUL service from June 14 and 3x weekly to YYZ from June 10. By the end of June, both routes are showing their normal frequencies, which are 3x weekly and 6x weekly, respectively. YVR launch, as mentioned on the YVR thread, is delayed to mid July.

casper Jun 3, 2020 8:51 PM

Some news reports that Trump is to ban all Chinese airlines from flying to the US. That should help increase transfer passengers in Vancouver and Toronto.

thenoflyzone Jun 3, 2020 9:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casper (Post 8941503)
Some news reports that Trump is to ban all Chinese airlines from flying to the US. That should help increase transfer passengers in Vancouver and Toronto.

Already posted this earlier, and no, it won’t do much for transfer traffic at YYZ or YVR. The Chinese government will most likely buckle and give in by the deadline anyways.

thenoflyzone Jun 4, 2020 4:53 AM

speaking of which....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN23B081?il=0

Quote:

China said it will ease coronavirus restrictions to allow more foreign carriers to fly to the mainland, shortly after Washington vowed to bar Chinese airlines from flying to the United States due to Beijing’s curbs on American airlines.

Still pretty stupid, if you ask me.

Quote:

The CAAC said all airlines will be allowed to increase the number of international flights involving China to a maximum of two per week if no passengers on their flights test positive for COVID-19 for three consecutive weeks.

If five passengers or more on one flight test positive for the coronavirus upon arrival, the CAAC would bar the airline from services for a week, it said. Airlines would be suspended for four weeks if 10 passengers or more test positive.

zahav Jun 4, 2020 4:28 PM

I didn't realize AC fully retired the 767 already from it's fleet already. I knew that was the plan but didn't know it just happened on June 2nd. See below. Also, good news for YYC, they are keeping the NRT flight!

Air Canada S21 Calgary – Tokyo aircraft changes as of 04JUN20
By Jim Liu
Posted4 June 2020 11:20

Air Canada in recent schedule update filed aircraft changes for Calgary – Tokyo Narita route, for summer 2021 season. Upon service resumption on 27MAR21, the Star Alliance carrier schedules Boeing 787-8 aircraft on this route, as the airline concluded Mainline Boeing 767 service on 02JUN20.

AC009 YYC1315 – 1435+1NRT 788 x1
AC010 NRT1625 – 1035YYC 788 x2

Service increases to 7 weekly from 03MAY21. The Star Alliance carrier on Tuesday (02JUN20) operated last Boeing 767-300ER scheduled service, as AC439 from Montreal to Toronto.


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-04jun20/

p_xavier Jun 4, 2020 4:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8942055)
speaking of which....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN23B081?il=0



Still pretty stupid, if you ask me.

There doesn't seem to be a plan for testing at airports in Canada yet. It's crazy how slow they officials are to act.

hollywoodcory Jun 4, 2020 5:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zahav (Post 8942450)
I didn't realize AC fully retired the 767 already from it's fleet already. I knew that was the plan but didn't know it just happened on June 2nd. See below. Also, good news for YYC, they are keeping the NRT flight!

Air Canada S21 Calgary – Tokyo aircraft changes as of 04JUN20
By Jim Liu
Posted4 June 2020 11:20

Air Canada in recent schedule update filed aircraft changes for Calgary – Tokyo Narita route, for summer 2021 season. Upon service resumption on 27MAR21, the Star Alliance carrier schedules Boeing 787-8 aircraft on this route, as the airline concluded Mainline Boeing 767 service on 02JUN20.

AC009 YYC1315 – 1435+1NRT 788 x1
AC010 NRT1625 – 1035YYC 788 x2

Service increases to 7 weekly from 03MAY21. The Star Alliance carrier on Tuesday (02JUN20) operated last Boeing 767-300ER scheduled service, as AC439 from Montreal to Toronto.


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-04jun20/

AC already made this change back in April, and doesn’t necessarily mean it will actually operate. We still don’t even know when LHR will resume. But the fact that they scheduled a 787 rather than just cancelling the route is at least a positive sign.

thenoflyzone Jun 4, 2020 5:37 PM

^
It is encouraging, that's for sure.

Still plenty of Rouge routes are still showing B763 next summer though. So plenty of shuffling will happen, fleet wise.

In other news, BA will resume passenger flights to YYZ and YVR next month.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-03jun20/

Quote:

London Heathrow – Toronto 1 daily 787-9
London Heathrow – Vancouver 1 daily 777-200ER
Quote:

Originally Posted by p_xavier (Post 8942473)
There doesn't seem to be a plan for testing at airports in Canada yet. It's crazy how slow they officials are to act.

What kind of testing are you talking about? A temperature test is pointless, as you can be asymptomatic and still have COVID. You would need a swab test, or something else, that will tell you right away if you have the virus or not. That kind of screening costs more money, and getting the results right away probably costs even more money. Hence why officials aren't quick to act.

casper Jun 4, 2020 6:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8942552)
^
It is encouraging, that's for sure.

Still plenty of Rouge routes are still showing B763 next summer though. So plenty of shuffling will happen, fleet wise.

In other news, BA will resume passenger flights to YYZ and YVR next month.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-03jun20/





What kind of testing are you talking about? A temperature test is pointless, as you can be asymptomatic and still have COVID. You would need a swab test, or something else, that will tell you right away if you have the virus or not. That kind of screening costs more money, and getting the results right away probably costs even more money. Hence why officials aren't quick to act.

All the temperature test is tell you who has a high temperature and for some silly reason chose not to take some medication.

p_xavier Jun 4, 2020 6:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8942552)
^
It is encouraging, that's for sure.

Still plenty of Rouge routes are still showing B763 next summer though. So plenty of shuffling will happen, fleet wise.

In other news, BA will resume passenger flights to YYZ and YVR next month.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-03jun20/





What kind of testing are you talking about? A temperature test is pointless, as you can be asymptomatic and still have COVID. You would need a swab test, or something else, that will tell you right away if you have the virus or not. That kind of screening costs more money, and getting the results right away probably costs even more money. Hence why officials aren't quick to act.

COVID, like they are doing in China, and will be doing in Iceland­ for all visitors.

lubicon Jun 4, 2020 8:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_xavier (Post 8942473)
There doesn't seem to be a plan for testing at airports in Canada yet. It's crazy how slow they officials are to act.

Ummm...

Not direct testing for Covid (a rapid test does not exist yet to my knowledge) but certainly elevated screening at Alberta's two main airports.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6963462/a...avel-covid-19/

hollywoodcory Jun 4, 2020 8:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubicon (Post 8942796)
Ummm...

Not direct testing for Covid (a rapid test does not exist yet to my knowledge) but certainly elevated screening at Alberta's two main airports.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6963462/a...avel-covid-19/

I still don't get why they even bothered when neither of Alberta's airports have had an international flight in months. YYC has 2 daily flights from the US / and YEG has 1 from the US that isn't even daily.

craneSpotter Jun 4, 2020 9:30 PM

Korean updated its July/August schedule (eff Jun 2)

Seoul Incheon – Toronto 3 weekly
Seoul Incheon – Vancouver 4 weekly (5 weekly from 01AUG20)

Things --- slowly ----- picking ---------up.

lubicon Jun 4, 2020 9:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 8942810)
I still don't get why they even bothered when neither of Alberta's airports have had an international flight in months. YYC has 2 daily flights from the US / and YEG has 1 from the US that isn't even daily.

Those are still international (I know we refer to them as transborder) in origin and those travelers cold be arriving from many different places.

It also serves a good proving/training concept for staff when flights do begin to pick up.

hollywoodcory Jun 4, 2020 10:26 PM

AC made some changes in August for YYC.

YYC-LHR was re-increased to daily on a 789, replacing 77W 5x weekly.
YYC-LAS was moved to mainline from rouge on a 320. Flight numbers 930/931.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubicon (Post 8942881)
Those are still international (I know we refer to them as transborder) in origin and those travelers cold be arriving from many different places.

It also serves a good proving/training concept for staff when flights do begin to pick up.

A fair point.

casper Jun 5, 2020 7:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 8942810)
I still don't get why they even bothered when neither of Alberta's airports have had an international flight in months. YYC has 2 daily flights from the US / and YEG has 1 from the US that isn't even daily.

The number of infected travelers arriving from the US into Canada is an order of magnitude higher than any other country. At a significantly lower level is the UK, Italy, Iran and then China.

nname Jun 5, 2020 9:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 8942923)
AC made some changes in August for YYC.

YYC-LHR was re-increased to daily on a 789, replacing 77W 5x weekly.
YYC-LAS was moved to mainline from rouge on a 320. Flight numbers 930/931.



A fair point.

The full de-rouge list:

Code:

AC 730        LAS - YYZ
AC 732        LAS - YYZ

AC 900      -
AC 902        YYZ - FLL*
AC 904        YUL - FLL
AC 906      -
AC 908      -
AC 910        YYZ - FLL
AC 912        YUL - FLL
AC 914        YYZ - MCO
AC 916        YYZ - MCO
AC 918        YYZ - FLL
AC 920        YUL - MCO
AC 922        YUL - MCO
AC 924        YYZ - MCO
AC 926        SAN - YYZ
AC 928        YYZ - MIA*
AC 930        YYC - LAS
AC 932        YVR - CUN*
AC 934        YVR - ZIH*
AC 936        YVR - LAS
AC 938        LAS - YUL
AC 940        YUL - NAS
AC 942        YYZ - BDA
AC 944        YUL - MCO
AC 946        LAS - YUL
AC 948        YUL - PTP
AC 950        YYZ - CUR
AC 952        YUL - CUR*
AC 954        YUL - FDF
AC 956        YYZ - SJU*
AC 958        YYZ - NAS
AC 960        YYZ - ANU
AC 962      -
AC 964        YYZ - GND
AC 966        YYZ - BGI
AC 968        YYZ - GGT*
AC 970        YVR - PVR*
AC 972        YYZ - GCM*
AC 974        YUL - PVR*
AC 976        YYC - SJD*
AC 978        YVR - SJD*
AC 980        YYZ - SVD
AC 982        YYZ - MBJ
AC 986        YYC - CUN*
AC 988        YYZ - HAV*
AC 990        YYZ - UVF
AC 992        MEX - YYZ
AC 994        MEX - YYZ
AC 996        YVR - MEX
AC 998      -

AC 1230        YYZ - CUN
AC 1240        YUL - CUN
AC 1250        YYZ - PLS
AC 1252        YUL - PLS
AC 1254        YYZ - KIN
AC 1290        YYZ - PUJ
AC 1294        YYZ - AUA
AC 1296        YUL - PUJ

AC 1420        YYZ - VRA
AC 1422        YUL - VRA
AC 1426        YYZ - CCC
AC 1428        YUL - CCC

I've include all flights for the 900s series (* denotes suspended or winter seasonal)

From their use of flight numbers... YYZ-ZIH and YWG-CUN might not be coming back?

thenoflyzone Jun 6, 2020 6:11 PM

Tunisair is resuming service to YUL today. Flight is currently on its way. Nice to see all these airlines (LH, BA, AF, KL, etc) slowly re-adding service to Canada.

Brussels Airlines wont be commencing YUL this year. They've removed it from their destination map for summer 2020 flights.

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-...s/Default.aspx

AC has also delayed the launch of YYZ-BRU to October, but i'd be surprised to see it operate this year as well.

Also, looks like the An-225, after doing a round trip from Asia to YYZ, made another appearance in YMX 2 days ago. Quite the busy bird it is.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ur-82060

Speaking of cargo, AC didn't waste any time after it got those approvals for cargo-only runs to South America and Europe from YUL. They have already operated several cargo only flights, particularly to LIM and BOG. TLV is also a regular cargo destination as well.

hollywoodcory Jun 6, 2020 6:19 PM

UA loaded it's July schedule last night and it appears they might be resuming flights to YYZ & YVR. Didn't look over the entire schedule yet, but that could be it. Biggest blow would be to YOW who would be left with no Transborder flights.

AA's July schedule should be loaded tonight, and hopefully so should WS's.

Edit: YUL as well. Following flights appear available from July 7:
YUL-ORD
YUL-EWR
YUL-IAD
YVR-SFO
YYZ-IAH
YYZ-EWR
YYZ-IAD


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.