SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

SDfan Aug 20, 2014 4:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 6698083)
Some news from February regarding the Hillcrest height limit proposal. Sounds like there was a weak compromise by various groups (50 ft without review, 65 ft with some buildr concessions, and 100 ft with major NIMBY scrutiny), but the city will ultimately decide the height limits. I hope the city decides on a limit of at least 120 ft. The residents are going to turn that neighborhood into 5 story stucco box-ville with a proposed 50-65 ft limit...short sighted.

http://sandiegonewsroom.com/communit...t-height-limit

Anyone know if Leo Wilson has been booted from the Uptown Planners position?

A second level of discretionary review? :koko:

Why not just have one level, and have at it? These people are insane, or genius.

spoonman Aug 20, 2014 4:47 AM

Also came across this recommendation from the city on the Hilocrest plan. Basically have low limits, as well as height rewards for building parks, parking, etc. It also mentions identifying areas for high rises over 100ft. (they may be thinking Park Blvd and Banker's Hill).

http://www.sandiego.gov/planning/com...htproposal.pdf

spoonman Aug 20, 2014 4:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDfan (Post 6698107)
A second level of discretionary review? :koko:

Why not just have one level, and have at it? These people are insane, or genius.

Yeah, as terrible as a 50 foot limit is, at least the NIMBY's couldn't say peep about it. That said, some of those areas are ripe for more high rises and I think it is short sighted to think that restricting tall buildings is going to make the area better. What lower limits really mean is almost the same density with waaaay worse architecture.

LosAngelesDreamin Aug 21, 2014 1:12 AM

i love that new tower being constructed at 15th and island, near the 5 freeway :) it extends the skyline... i can't wait to see more skyscrapers fill the gap in between :yes:

spoonman Aug 21, 2014 3:10 AM

Comm 22 in Logan Heights getting close to completion

http://www.examiner.com/article/work...-near-the-stop

SDfan Aug 21, 2014 4:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 6699591)
Comm 22 in Logan Heights getting close to completion

http://www.examiner.com/article/work...-near-the-stop

It's a nice development that I wish the people of Golden Hill would consider in their own hood.

PS, this guy writes really fu*king weird.

SDfan Aug 21, 2014 4:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosAngelesDreamin (Post 6699396)
i love that new tower being constructed at 15th and island, near the 5 freeway :) it extends the skyline... i can't wait to see more skyscrapers fill the gap in between :yes:

It's getting a fraternal twin in a couple years. :)

atlantaguy Aug 21, 2014 5:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDfan (Post 6699702)
It's a nice development that I wish the people of Golden Hill would consider in their own hood.

PS, this guy writes really fu*king weird.

LOL, you can say that again! That was just totally bizarre.

I need to check out Golden Hill, I've never been and know very little about it.

Leo the Dog Aug 21, 2014 5:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDfan (Post 6699702)
It's a nice development that I wish the people of Golden Hill would consider in their own hood.

PS, this guy writes really fu*king weird.

Haha, omg. I really hope English is a second language for this guy. Wow!

Bertrice Aug 21, 2014 6:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo the Dog (Post 6699751)
Haha, omg. I really hope English is a second language for this guy. Wow!

LOL! I've notice this before. sometimes I can't finish reading his reports because they melt my brain

bushman61988 Aug 21, 2014 7:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDfan (Post 6699702)
It's a nice development that I wish the people of Golden Hill would consider in their own hood.

PS, this guy writes really fu*king weird.


LMAO that was probably the most bizarre urban article I've ever read! Even the title "Work clock on Comm22 near the Stop" was awkward as hell. My favorite line was "Paint dries hard in the SUmmer sun."



You guys should check out the Citronica project in Lemon Grove. The event is 4pm on Thursday 9/11. It's Lemon Grove's first major Transit Oriented Development project and it's right on the Trolley Station. It's 5-6 stories but a beautiful project that you can see from the 94.
http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/si...nica%20One.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/742559102476182/

SDfan Aug 22, 2014 12:05 AM

Not to keep knocking on this guy, but here is his bio on examiner:

Quote:

San Diego Public Policy Examiner Adam Pollack
Adam Benjamin Pollack is a San Diego native dedicated to the great sentences on civil society. He authored the Subchapter S Report to tell legal news for the American Bankers Association. He holds a Juris Doctor from Indiana University and a Master of Public Policy from University of California, Berkeley.

spoonman Aug 22, 2014 12:11 AM

His writing is though to interpret, but he has done stories on a lot of projects that the UT and other publications never mention...always with lots of pictures.

SDfan Aug 22, 2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushman61988 (Post 6700474)
You guys should check out the Citronica project in Lemon Grove. The event is 4pm on Thursday 9/11. It's Lemon Grove's first major Transit Oriented Development project and it's right on the Trolley Station. It's 5-6 stories but a beautiful project that you can see from the 94.
http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/si...nica%20One.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/742559102476182/

Has this really not been open yet? I saw this project from the 94 over a year ago. San Diego sloooooow.

spoonman Aug 22, 2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushman61988 (Post 6700474)
LMAO that was probably the most bizarre urban article I've ever read! Even the title "Work clock on Comm22 near the Stop" was awkward as hell. My favorite line was "Paint dries hard in the SUmmer sun."



You guys should check out the Citronica project in Lemon Grove. The event is 4pm on Thursday 9/11. It's Lemon Grove's first major Transit Oriented Development project and it's right on the Trolley Station. It's 5-6 stories but a beautiful project that you can see from the 94.
http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/si...nica%20One.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/742559102476182/

Glad to see this project. Lots of projects like this are being constructed all over the city. While these are not high-rises, these projects help define and create urban nodes in our suburban areas, and for that I am thankful. Hopefully people (NIMBY's) will come to see the increased density as a good thing, or at least become less afraid of it destroying "community character". :tup:

atlantaguy Aug 22, 2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 6700899)
Glad to see this project. Lots of projects like this are being constructed all over the city. While these are not high-rises, these projects help define and create urban nodes in our suburban areas, and for that I am thankful. Hopefully people (NIMBY's) will come to see the increased density as a good thing, or at least become less afraid of it destroying "community character". :tup:

I can't even imagine how hard it must be to deal with the hardcore NIMBY's you guys have (and the CCC).

Of course we have them too, but it is just a tiny fraction of what you guys put up with. The commercial districts in our core areas have no height limits, so they are basically powerless when it comes to that thankfully.

It makes for unique and sometimes jarring contrasts, like historic mansion neighborhoods with 20 - 50+ story buildings a block away.

bushman61988 Aug 22, 2014 2:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDfan (Post 6700897)
Has this really not been open yet? I saw this project from the 94 over a year ago. San Diego sloooooow.

My bad, this photo is of Citronica I and was taken over a year ago. Here's a rendering and recent photo of the new building:

http://npaper-wehaa.com/pub-files/12...3de9d1306d.jpg

http://sdurban.com/wp-content/upload...lemonGrove.jpg

spoonman Aug 22, 2014 5:32 AM

New project in Hillcrest at 8th and Washington.

http://www.lajollalight.com/2014/08/...-of-san-diego/

http://www.lajollalight.com/wp-conte...pot.murfey.jpg

spoonman Aug 22, 2014 6:26 AM

Renderings of a new 14 flr. residential tower at the Chula Vista Bayfront. ETA 2019 :-(

http://www.10news.com/news/chula-vis...-signs-of-life

http://media.10news.com/photo/2014/0....0_900_675.jpg

HurricaneHugo Aug 22, 2014 6:46 AM

Tilt it up and it'll be perfect.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.