SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

sandiego_urban Mar 22, 2007 5:50 PM

Hey Guys, I started a Hilton thread in the High Rise Construction section of the forum. I know alot of you hate that one, but it's big enough to deserve it's own thread, right?

bmfarley Mar 22, 2007 7:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eburress (Post 2709595)
Sorry - I didn't mean to be unfair or misrepresent what you said. In any case, I don't think that changes my point. Hours behind the wheel might be worth it for some people and choosing to do this isn't unwise. It's no big deal, but I did want to point it out because you are making some broad statements that might not be entirely fair.

Choosing to be behind the wheel for 1-hour in each direction to get to work involves some quality of life tradeoffs, certainly. It is certainly not physically healthy. I can't imagine a scenario whereas sacraficing health is beneficial or wise.

Well maybe? Perhaps a scenario where the home lifestyle is worse than being in a car. I did mention that it is some peoples only 'alone' time they have while commuting to work.

Derek Mar 22, 2007 9:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg92101 (Post 2708999)
Do you live in East Village?

no...i live inbetween Little Italy and Hillcrest on 5th..."Uptown" in one of those midrise condos...but im in downtown nearly everyday...

eburress Mar 22, 2007 9:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmfarley (Post 2710096)
Choosing to be behind the wheel for 1-hour in each direction to get to work involves some quality of life tradeoffs, certainly. It is certainly not physically healthy. I can't imagine a scenario whereas sacraficing health is beneficial or wise.

Well maybe? Perhaps a scenario where the home lifestyle is worse than being in a car. I did mention that it is some peoples only 'alone' time they have while commuting to work.

hahaha...I was actually thinking about the kinds of people who value land, horses, and "rural" things like that...stuff that generally can't be found in-town. I happen to know some of those people and while they dislike their commutes, it's worth it to them (and not because they're looking for reasons to not be home).

Derek Mar 22, 2007 9:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiego_urban (Post 2709808)
Hey Guys, I started a Hilton thread in the High Rise Construction section of the forum. I know alot of you hate that one, but it's big enough to deserve it's own thread, right?

yes, it is big :)

and i do like it...;)

Derek Mar 22, 2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg92101 (Post 2709064)
Anyone been down to Diamond View Tower lately? They have a killer photo built into their curtain wall. I won't say what it is, so check it out.. it's at the entrance!

will do ;)

Urban Sky Mar 23, 2007 7:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek loves SD (Post 2710530)
will do ;)

whats ur sig from D?

HurricaneHugo Mar 23, 2007 7:20 AM

does anybody have a good new pic of the ballpark with the projects around it?

Derek Mar 23, 2007 5:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Sky (Post 2711633)
whats ur sig from D?

a video on youtube:tup:

Derek Mar 23, 2007 6:11 PM

oh and the San Diegan is finally higher than its neighbor, the Lofts at Broadway :tup:

Urban Sky Mar 23, 2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo (Post 2711647)
does anybody have a good new pic of the ballpark with the projects around it?

no but ill probably be down there this weekend. hopefully. :yes:

Derek Mar 23, 2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Sky (Post 2713139)
no but ill probably be down there this weekend. hopefully. :yes:

ill definitly be down there...so ill see what i can do;)

Filambata Mar 24, 2007 12:38 AM

Lane Field Development

Here's a rendering of the proposed Lane Field development from another angle from the architect's website.

http://www.jwdainc.com/images/2007MarchNewsImage.jpg

Joseph Wong Design Associates

Derek Mar 24, 2007 12:47 AM

the front tower actually looks pretty good from this angle ;)

HurricaneHugo Mar 24, 2007 4:17 AM

looks better, but no twins!

Derek Mar 24, 2007 5:56 AM

whats up with First and J...its a big ugly parking lot...AGAIN!:(

spoonman Mar 24, 2007 7:08 AM

Kind of off topic...I don't know if any of you check out the other threads, but here's a link to the “What's the most shameful monstrosity ever built in your city?” thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=119127

This is my personal favorite, "Torre Velasca" in Milan. It makes babies cry...
http://www.todaviapordeterminar.com/...re_Velasca.jpg

eburress Mar 24, 2007 10:19 AM

^^ Buildings should never get wider as they get taller. Never. Always wider at the base than at the top.

Derek Mar 24, 2007 4:34 PM

aside from the roof, i kinda like it :shrug:

Derek Mar 24, 2007 4:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek loves SD (Post 2713902)
whats up with First and J...its a big ugly parking lot...AGAIN!:(

i guess its First and Island...not first and J...anyways i found this info from the CCDC website...i just dont understand why they bulldozed an old parking, paid for a new parking, and now they are gonna build on the new parking lot later this year (presumably...):shrug:

Located in downtown San Diego's Marina neighborhood.

Block bounded by First and Second avenues and Island and J streets

Bosa Development is proposing to construct a 38-story, mixed-use project consisting of 172 condominiums, 23,000 sf of retail space and 435 parking spaces on the block bounded by First and Second avenues and Island and J streets. The project would convert the existing J Street parking lot into a public plaza. Construction is anticipated to begin in late 2007 with completion targeted for spring 2010.