SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Arts, Culture & Entertainment (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Upcoming Concerts (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138089)

Nutterbug Sep 24, 2007 1:35 AM

Upcoming Concerts

What's there to look forward to?

SpongeG Sep 24, 2007 1:47 AM

perry farrel at the commodore ballroom

spice girls in december

David Sep 24, 2007 7:31 AM

i'm going to M.I.A. in November at The Commodore.
and going to the Spice Girls no matter what ;)

leftside Sep 24, 2007 8:57 PM

British/Irish electronic act VNV Nation this Wednesday 26th at the Plaza.

westcoast604 Sep 24, 2007 9:07 PM

October:

JUSTICE

TRENTEMOLLER

PATRICK WOLF

KLAXONS

DIGITALISM

SpongeG Sep 24, 2007 9:24 PM

the cure rescheduled to april or march of next year - was suppossed to be in october

entheosfog Sep 25, 2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpongeG (Post 3072267)
the cure rescheduled to april or march of next year - was suppossed to be in october

I was quite disappointed when I heard that :(

giallo Sep 25, 2007 2:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcoast604 (Post 3072237)
October:

JUSTICE

TRENTEMOLLER

PATRICK WOLF

KLAXONS

DIGITALISM

We share a similar taste in music. I was going to write these as well.

Trentemoller @ Plaza Club on Oct. 3

Justice @ Commodore Ballroom on Oct. 13

Digitalism @ Richards on Richards on Oct. 20

I wish I could be back in Vancouver for the month of October. What a line up! I hope Shanghai will start to get more acts out of France and Germany. Unfortunately, this style of electro music, while popular here, still hasn't transcended to the big clubs. Oh well, Talib Kweli is playing a few blocks away from my apartment on Oct. 5, so it's not all doom and gloom.

SpongeG Sep 25, 2007 2:49 AM

darn i would have gone to see trentmoller - but i work :( that day

westcoast604 Sep 27, 2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giallo (Post 3072879)
We share a similar taste in music. I was going to write these as well.

Trentemoller @ Plaza Club on Oct. 3

Justice @ Commodore Ballroom on Oct. 13

Digitalism @ Richards on Richards on Oct. 20

I wish I could be back in Vancouver for the month of October. What a line up! I hope Shanghai will start to get more acts out of France and Germany. Unfortunately, this style of electro music, while popular here, still hasn't transcended to the big clubs. Oh well, Talib Kweli is playing a few blocks away from my apartment on Oct. 5, so it's not all doom and gloom.

cool. yeah this fall is pretty jam packed with shows worth going to. especially loving music coming out of france and germany right now too. BOYS NOIZE played at the plaza last week and it was mental.

note that this is the second time Justice has been here in the past 6 months, same goes for The Klaxons. Nice to see that Vancouver is seeing bands and djs coming more frequently (such as in cities like london...where a band or dj is constantly playing shows), instead of just the typical 1 time, or once a year visit.

giallo Sep 28, 2007 3:58 AM

^ I'm surprised as well. Nothing quite like a healthy live scene.

Edit: Love Boys Noize! I'm coming back for two months next summer and I'm praying that Does it Offend you, Yeah? will be doing a North American summer tour.

staff Oct 2, 2007 6:19 PM

Hopefully I'll be able to join in on the Vancouver fun next summer. At least for a couple of weeks. :)

Robynobotica Oct 3, 2007 8:08 AM

Final Fantasy @ Richards on Richards, Oct 20

mr.x Nov 15, 2007 6:22 AM

Only a few more weeks.....
Video Link

Jarrod Nov 15, 2007 6:43 AM

I'm taking my sister to see Tori Amos on the third at the Orpheum...

I heard it's a nice theatre.

MistyMountainHop Nov 15, 2007 6:39 PM

From http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/32512:

Led Zeppelin reunion: Jimmy Page hints at more shows

Guitarist says there might be a full-blown tour

14.Nov.07 1:53pm
Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has hinted that there may be a full-scale reunion tour.

The band are set to play a one-off reunion show on December 10 at The O2 in London.

And the unprecedented demand has got Page thinking that more shows might be a good idea.

Page told Blabbermouth: "It's a bit silly not to because there is such massive demand...It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

The December 10 show is being held to raise money for the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which pays for university scholarships in the UK, US and Turkey.

Meanwhile the band made their back catalgue available digitally for the first time yesterday (November 12), and as a result their classic track 'Stairway To Heaven' is likely to enter the UK Top 40 for the first time ever next week (November 18).

excel Nov 24, 2007 12:09 AM

Good lord please come.

entheosfog Nov 24, 2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpongeG (Post 3072267)

The concert has been re-scheduled to May 26...yay!

MistyMountainHop Nov 25, 2007 5:38 AM

Astbury says Cult to open on Zep tour

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel (Post 3185580)
Good lord please come.

Astbury says Cult to open on Zep tour
By JOHN KRYK, SUN MEDIA

Is Led Zeppelin going to tour in 2008? Not only does Cult frontman Ian Astbury think so, he told a Cincinnati club crowd last Saturday that his band is the opening act.

According to several Internet music-news sites, including Rolling Stone magazine's website (rollingstone.com), at a small club gig in the Ohio city on the weekend, Astbury bragged that, "We'll be back next year. Because we're opening for a band you may have heard of ... the name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it."

When fans shouted out, "Led Zeppelin?" Astbury nodded in affirmation.

Subsequently, Zeppelin has neither confirmed nor denied a tour is in the works.

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham (son of the late Zep drummer John Bonham) are playing a one-off show as Led Zeppelin on Dec. 10 at the 02 Arena in London, England, as part of a tribute to the late Atlantic Records exec Ahmet Ertegun.

In interviews with Sun Media last month, both Jones and Page were coy about plans beyond the London show, but Page since has indicated he'd be all for a tour. "It's a bit silly not to because there is such massive demand," Page told Guitar World magazine. "It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

Plant, however, dismissed the idea in an interview with Uncut magazine: "There'll be one show and that'll be it. We need one last great show because we've done some (reunion) shows and they've been crap."

Rolling Stone speculates that The Cult were probably told by Zep reps that if there is a tour, they'd be offered an opening-act slot.

MistyMountainHop Nov 25, 2007 5:41 AM

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band are coming to GM Place March 31st. Tickets go on sale November 30th and should cost $67 to $115 (based on other Canadian shows): Ticketmaster