SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Google Sketchup (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Tres Islas Marias (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147443)

Aleks Mar 12, 2008 6:25 PM

Tres Islas Marias

Tres Islas Marias

Flag:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...MariasFlag.jpg

Geography:

The group of islands we're originally named Islas Magdanelas but years later they were each given a name. The largest island is called Isla Maria Madre (Island Mother Mary), it is 616 meters (2,020 feet) at it's highest point and in the second most Northernly island. The second largest is Isla Maria Magdalena (Island Mary Magdalena) and is 457 meters tall (1,500 ft.). The smallest of the main islands is the Isla Maria Cleofas (Island Mary Cleofas), it reaches up to 402 meters (1,318 ft.) above sea level. The islands are located about 60 miles off the Western coast of Mexico, nearest to the state of Nayarit.

History:

The Islands originally belonged to Spain but in 1821 Mexico got it's independence leaving the islands in the hands of the Mexican government. In 1840 the people of the Islas Marias decided to become independent so they went to war with Mexico and lost the first of two battles. In the second battle the people of Islas Marias used a method from the Spaniards where they filled some ships with explosives and sent them into the enemy's ship fleet.

Mexico lost 31 out of 35 ships in June 4th, 1843 and the Islands got their independence on that day. After the Mexican defeat, the U.S. was the only country trading with the Marian Islanders until 1865 when the Mexican and Marian Island Government signed a treaty.

Now there are a # of large cities which are important to both the island and Mexico. The largest city is Puerto Independencia in the Isla Maria Madre which is home to 5 million people and is the economic center of the country.Puerto Independencia is the capitol of the island-state, Isla Maria Madre. The second largest city is Pacifica with 3 million people in Isla Maria Magdalena and although more people live in this city than in Puerto del Pacifico, it is third in economic importance. Pacifica is the capitol of Cleofas-Magdalena, which is made up of both the smallest of the islands and the middle one. The third largest city is Puerto del Pacifico (Port of the Pacific or more commonly known as Port Pacific), it is home to 1.7 million people and is the second most important economic city in the country. Port Pacific is also the nation's capital, located in Isla Maria Cleofas, the smallest of the islands.

There are some small cities with large importances too like Puerto de Maria (Port of Mary or Mary's Port) which although is only home to 400,000 people, it is the largest port in the country and the largest in Latin America moving 163,500,000 million tons in cargo. The port is the third busiest in North America after the South Louisiana port and the Houston Port. Worldwide this is the 17th largest port behind Chiba, Japan as of 2006.

The national language became a hot topic during the 60's as most people spoke both Western English and Western Spanish. In 1965 the government made both English and Spanish the national language, added English and Spanish classes to all schools, and made it a requirement to speak both languages for people to pass highschool.

-------------------------------

Updates will soon follow.

treras93 Mar 12, 2008 11:03 PM

Sounds good. cant wait!:tup:

Aleks Mar 12, 2008 11:08 PM

Isla Maria Cleofas: Puerto del Pacifico

Port Pacific:

The city was established in 1857 and grew to be the second most important city economically-wise in the country with the third largest population. The city neighbors the largest port-city in the country called Puerto de Maria (Mary's Port) and is the most populated city in the island of Maria Cleofas.

The city quickly grew during the late 70's through the early 90's then had a slowdown in the late 90's when the Latin American/Asian Market slowed down.

Overview of the city (not finished):
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ifico/PdF1.png

The city has many well known hotel companies including the Royal Carlos which opened it's doors in Port Pacific on July 30, 2007. The hotel is 465 feet tall and has a 4 1/2 star rating:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ifico/PdF2.png

The building has the nickname "The CD Rack" because of it's huge spires at it's top.

The current tallest building in Port Pacific is the Pacific Trade Tower which opened up the doors to financial trade in the city when it first opened in 1983. The main tower is 914 feet tall with 67 floors in total, 63 floors are rentable office space while the first floor is a lobby and the 2 other are mechanical and trading floors. The last floor is an observation deck with a small restaurant:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ifico/PdF3.png

The shorter tower is the PTT number 2. It's 495 feet tall, has 37 floors, 34 of which are office floors, 2 are mechanical, and the first floor is the lobby.

treras93 Mar 12, 2008 11:36 PM

Looks awesome! great layout, nice buildings, and i like the shape of the island

cant wait for more!:cool: :tup:

Aleks Mar 12, 2008 11:48 PM

lol. That's actually the shape of the city. I took the other parts of the island to make it smaller. But these are real islands, look em' up. I'll post a picture of the whole island later on. Actually, on the flag, the island farthest to the South is where Port Pacific is. I only added the moon but the islands look like that.

Is this the only fictional country that has a flag in here?

Dac150 Mar 13, 2008 12:20 AM

I like the layout, and the buildings look great as well. That hotel's crown reminds me of the IFC in Hong Kong.

Austin55 Mar 13, 2008 1:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 (Post 3412107)
Is this the only fictional country that has a flag in here?

Its the only fictional country here,Aleks...:P

But,what was wrongwith the other?

Tanster Mar 13, 2008 2:15 AM

I like the Royal Carlos Hotel.. Looks great

Peter Mar 13, 2008 5:30 AM

that was great history aleks. it was very interesting to read! :yes: the matching modern towers are nice :cool: to answer your question, i believe you are the first to come up with a flag for a fiction city/country! :)

Aleks Mar 13, 2008 3:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin55 (Post 3412373)
But,what was wrong with the other?

Wrong with what other?

Aleks Mar 14, 2008 1:05 AM

So I downloaded Kerk today and it runs really fast in this new computer so I think I'll be making renders of my city when I find a way of importing my SU models into Kerk again.

Aleks Mar 23, 2008 3:47 AM

Fucking Honors homework. We get a 3 day weekend and it goes from an hour 1/2 of homework to almost 3.

So, no update, just needed to share the above information. But, I will say that I haven't worked on the city much. It bores me working on one thing too long and I have 2 more SU projects I want to finish. Well, I'll finish one, the other I'll improve over time.

I made a building today which I like. Well, I like the shape but I don't like the way it's decorated so I'll have to start it over again. Maybe I'll update Tuesday night.

PS. I'm getting my eyebrow pierced tomorrow and my lip in Spring Break.:koko: :shrug:

Aleks Mar 23, 2008 8:11 AM

Nestin Hotel

The Nestin Hotel in Port Pacific is currently the tallest hotel at 696 ft. up to the roof. It features 48 floors of 4 star rooms, the top floor is the Sky Suites level. There are four Sky-Suites at the top with 120 degree views of Port Pacific, two separate rooms in each suite, a full kitchen, a living room, bar, and 2 1/2 bathrooms. The Nestin Hotels first started as small inns when Port Pacific was first founded, first there was the Nest Inn, after there were 20 inns the company opened it's first hotel and with it came a new image. The name was changed from Nest Inns to Nestin Hotels. Port Pacific Nestin was built in 1669 when many investors started traveling to Port Pacific to look for business opportunities and for American tourists looking for a nice place to spend the night at.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ifico/PdF4.png

There are a total of 54 floors in the building. Forty-Eight floors are hotel rooms, 3 maintenance floors (one of which is also a trading floor), and 3 guest service floors with pools, a spa, private theater, and many more things which will please almost any business man, tourist, and even the President.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ifico/PdF6.png

Your jaw will drop when you see the beautiful views of Port Pacific Bay, Downtown, North Beach (Playa del Norte), and even the neighboring city of Puerto de Maria (Mary's Port).

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ifico/PdF5.png

Patrick Mar 23, 2008 8:26 AM

Those be lights?

Austin55 Mar 23, 2008 5:21 PM

no, he's an environmentalist, those lights are yellow:P

Probably curtains.reminds me of marina city. Neat!

Aleks Mar 23, 2008 7:56 PM

Haha, those are lights. This tower was built before the whole "save the world" movement. But don't worry, soon enough you will hear the wrath of my environmental ways.

The tower's actually based of the Westin Towers here in Seattle (Nestin? Westin?)

Patrick Mar 23, 2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 (Post 3434208)
Haha, those are lights. This tower was built before the whole "save the world" movement. But don't worry, soon enough you will hear the wrath of my environmental ways.

The tower's actually based of the Westin Towers here in Seattle (Nestin? Westin?)

I'm a little confused now, those are some bright lights, especially in the day?

OH AND YESS the twin Westin Towers! Ohh I love Seattle's skyline.

haha Nestin = Westin
like Horton = Hilton
:haha:

Dac150 Mar 23, 2008 11:36 PM

Cool design, reminds me of Marina City.

Aleks Mar 24, 2008 12:28 AM

Yeah, those are bright lights but the building looked to dull without them. It was just best to add some flavor the the tower or else it would've ruined downtown.

Yeah, I thought of Marina Towers when I added the dark gray trading floor in the middle but oh well. Also, I finished another tower today but I won't update until later tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Aleks Mar 27, 2008 4:08 AM

So an update will be next. I just wanted to waste this page before I added an update.