SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Downtown & City of Hamilton (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=283)
-   -   King & Bay Condos | ? | 2 x 12 fl | Proposed (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204151)

thomax Feb 20, 2013 6:02 AM

King & Bay Condos | ? | 2 x 12 fl | Proposed

- Located on the south-east corner of King Street West and Bay Street
- Two 12 storey residential towers (each w/12,000sf footprint)
- 1 storey 40,000sf retail podium
- This will be the second phase of the McMaster Health Campus development

http://i50.tinypic.com/126dx82.jpg
Source

This proposal was included in the McMaster Health Campus proposal from a while ago. I decided to make a thread for it so in the future when the site gets developed this thread can be updated.

the905sDW Feb 20, 2013 9:20 PM

Renderings?

Were there any renderings of this proposal? I completely missed reading about this second phase. I'm interested to know more! :)

thomax Feb 20, 2013 9:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the905sDW (Post 6022359)
Were there any renderings of this proposal? I completely missed reading about this second phase. I'm interested to know more! :)

All of the information that has been released on this project is on page 52 of this pdf.

No renderings have been released, just the site plan above.

lucasmascotto Feb 20, 2013 10:15 PM

Page 52, of the article states, the following:

Quote:

The second phase of the site's development will focus on the north portion of the property which is more suited to the residential, commercial, or future McMaster initiatives. The critical mass of talent and professionals at the Health Campus also creates opportunities to attract technology-based companies and others who see commercial opportunities within the health field.
It seems as if the idea is to possibly build commercial space which will be used to attract and accommodate companies for the health field once a demand is large enough. :koko: :shrug:

strackj Nov 11, 2014 12:04 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this so my apologies if this is not the correct thread.

I noticed on the weekend that the lot at King and Bay (next to the AGH and behind new McMaster building) had been dug up. Does anybody know what is going on? Is it related to this proposal, the McMaster building, or is it just a simple re-pave of the parking lot?

mattgrande Nov 11, 2014 12:18 AM

They're just repaving and adding better drainage.

palace1 Nov 12, 2014 5:55 AM

The McMaster Health Campus building has only 70 underground parking spaces reserved exclusively for patients.

If there is zero parking for staff of the centre, how realistic is it that the northern half of the lot will be severed with two twelve storey buildings being built instead of it remaining as surface parking?

The city parking lot across from the McMaster site on the west side of Bay St. S. is privately owned but leased by Hamilton Parking Authority in order to provide cheap parking. The cost of the lease is $235,000-$275,000 over the next five years plus the owners are exempt from property taxes and get free underground parking at the Convention Centre.
http://joeycoleman.ca/2014/07/07/cit...elopment-land/

Beedok Nov 12, 2014 1:30 PM

Maybe they'll toss in a few extra floors of podium parking or something with the towers?

lachlanholmes Jul 16, 2018 3:10 AM

what a shame this corner was not developed... maybe if the McMaster student residence plans go forward across the street they'll do something with this A+ real estate

timach Jul 16, 2018 8:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootaround (Post 8252115)
what a shame this corner was not developed... maybe if the McMaster student residence plans go forward across the street they'll do something with this A+ real estate

Hamilton should just include public parking in all downtown condos to please everyone's parking fetish. Just like 20-22 George st. That way we get towers, and the suburban people can still drive their cars downtown to work!

GeneralLeeTPHLS Jul 16, 2018 9:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timach (Post 8252807)
Hamilton should just include public parking in all downtown condos to please everyone's parking fetish. Just like 20-22 George st. That way we get towers, and the suburban people can still drive their cars downtown to work!

That would suck.....it would turn into Chicago. If they maintained a fairly urban downtown than I guess it could try and work, except that parking would be unneeded following a future LRT/ better transit and no new roads.

lachlanholmes Jul 16, 2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS (Post 8252810)
That would suck.....it would turn into Chicago. If they maintained a fairly urban downtown than I guess it could try and work, except that parking would be unneeded following a future LRT/ better transit and no new roads.

If it was built then unneeded in the future they could convert podium parking parkades into retail + office podiums fairly easily.

GeneralLeeTPHLS Jul 16, 2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootaround (Post 8252947)
If it was built then unneeded in the future they could convert podium parking parkades into retail + office podiums fairly easily.

I was thinking of that, with some used as bike parking.

timach Jul 17, 2018 6:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS (Post 8252810)

Hey if that's what it'd take for more towers, I'd be all for it!