SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Metro Phoenix Project Rundown Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231495)

biggus diggus Apr 3, 2018 9:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8141003)
You should update the palm court tower with the new design

I "should" huh?

Please don't give me commands, son. I'm trying to do this for everyone's benefit and a little attempt at geniality would be appreciated.

:cheers:

combusean Apr 4, 2018 1:47 AM

Geniality? How about you find your place and follow orders when they're given to you?

*readies the banhammer*

j/k, this thread is awesome. Thanks bd.

I'm watching you tho. ;)

biggus diggus Apr 23, 2018 8:36 PM

Updated with Central and Columbus site.

biggus diggus Jun 20, 2018 6:00 PM

Updated a couple of renderings, anything missing?

CrestedSaguaro Jun 20, 2018 6:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 8227418)
Updated a couple of renderings, anything missing?

Probably should add Kenect Phoenix on there. It is due to break ground any time. Problem is, I am not sure if the Kenect project is considered Central Park East any longer. Maybe someone can clarify?

biggus diggus Jun 20, 2018 6:03 PM

PM me a rendering if you have one and I'll change it.

Obadno Jun 20, 2018 6:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8227424)
Probably should add Kenect Phoenix on there. It is due to break ground any time. Problem is, I am not sure if the Kenect project is considered Central Park East any longer. Maybe someone can clarify?

It looks to me that the name is Kennect. OCPE was the original name form years ago I don't think this new high-rise ever had an official name.

biggus diggus Jun 20, 2018 6:38 PM

The permit that was posted in the thread about that lot reads "Kenect Phoenix"

CrestedSaguaro Jun 20, 2018 7:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8227493)
It looks to me that the name is Kennect. OCPE was the original name form years ago I don't think this new high-rise ever had an official name.

It is named Kenect Phoenix. That is what it is listed as in the Phoenix permits and also the dozen or so articles in the last couple of weeks. The developer has several other Kenect developments going including Kenect Chicago, Kenect Denver and Kenect Nashville.

Classical in Phoenix Jun 20, 2018 7:53 PM

I don't know if we have renderings on it, but the project at Central south of Bosa donuts, and there is also 3rd St and Earl.

NoPhoResident Jul 5, 2018 8:35 PM

USAA "Union Park at Norterra" Project

Hello everyone, This is my first post. I thought that the USAA "Union Park at Norterra" project should be at least mentioned in this thread. It's a million miles from downtown but is still in the City of Phoenix. I live right down the street from this area and see the progress every day. If there is enough interest, I can take some photos from a great distance and post them. If this project is already being discussed in a different thread let me know! :)

I am not affiliated with this project in any way nor am I affiliated with the following article:
http://nophonews.com/union-park-nort...pment-details/

Union Park at Norterra: New Details on Upscale Master-Planned Community
June 15,2018 Robert Roy Britt
"North Phoenix News"

biggus diggus Jul 5, 2018 8:43 PM

Not much interest on this forum for suburban office buildings.

dtnphx Jul 5, 2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPhoResident (Post 8242479)
Hello everyone, This is my first post. I thought that the USAA "Union Park at Norterra" project should be at least mentioned in this thread. It's a million miles from downtown but is still in the City of Phoenix. I live right down the street from this area and see the progress every day. If there is enough interest, I can take some photos from a great distance and post them. If this project is already being discussed in a different thread let me know! :)

I am not affiliated with this project in any way nor am I affiliated with the following article:
http://nophonews.com/union-park-nort...pment-details/

Union Park at Norterra: New Details on Upscale Master-Planned Community
June 15,2018 Robert Roy Britt
"North Phoenix News"

Actually, there is an interest and thank you for posting that. Welcome to the board. Biggus, go stand in the corner.

biggus diggus Jul 5, 2018 11:52 PM

I've read so much on this forum bemoaning suburban development...

gymratmanaz Jul 6, 2018 4:07 PM

Nobody puts Biggus in the corner!........ (Somebody had to say it. You all were thinking it!)

NoPhoResident Jul 8, 2018 5:31 PM

Thank you DtnPhx, :)

Yes, I was worried that perhaps the development that I posted is not suitable for this thread because it isn't a highrise. Living in North Phoenix, I am starved for exciting building projects. I am pretty excited to be living near the USAA complex since I get to finally watch something pretty complicated get built.

Biggus, I totally understand if you are not a fan of sprawl. I am not either! I have become completely obsessed with density and infill, studying traditional cities around the world. I lived in Berlin for a short while and really noticed what they had to do there, being surrounded by the Berlin Wall for so many years. The suburban sprawl in Phoenix makes me sick and worried for the future!

I saw that you created this thread and if you do not feel that the USAA project is appropriate, that is fine. I was just trying to elaborate on the Phoenix scene, since we don't have much going on compared to some cities.

azsunsurfer Jul 9, 2018 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPhoResident (Post 8244824)
Thank you DtnPhx, :)

Yes, I was worried that perhaps the development that I posted is not suitable for this thread because it isn't a highrise. Living in North Phoenix, I am starved for exciting building projects. I am pretty excited to be living near the USAA complex since I get to finally watch something pretty complicated get built.

Biggus, I totally understand if you are not a fan of sprawl. I am not either! I have become completely obsessed with density and infill, studying traditional cities around the world. I lived in Berlin for a short while and really noticed what they had to do there, being surrounded by the Berlin Wall for so many years. The suburban sprawl in Phoenix makes me sick and worried for the future!

I saw that you created this thread and if you do not feel that the USAA project is appropriate, that is fine. I was just trying to elaborate on the Phoenix scene, since we don't have much going on compared to some cities.

You're worried about sprawl...but you live in sprawl......

combusean Jul 9, 2018 2:31 AM

It's not that nobody's interested, it's just there's not much compared to other topics at hand here.

You're free to start a thread or whatever (maybe North Valley Projects?), those interested will enjoy the party.

combusean Jul 9, 2018 2:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azsunsurfer (Post 8245060)

Some people don't have an option. I lived downtown and interviewed at 3 different jobs all 20 miles away in 3 different directions before i left. Central city jobs can be kind of rare.

Classical in Phoenix Jul 9, 2018 2:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azsunsurfer (Post 8245060)

There could be many reasons NoPhoResident live in sprawl. Unfortunately, that is the way the valley has developed. I do believe it is slowly changing, but I don't think it will ever go away. Anyway, NPR, welcome to the board.

biggus diggus Sep 27, 2018 7:12 PM

Classical in Phoenix led me to know that people do use this thread - I had abandoned it because I thought I was the only one interested. Updated.

Please PM me any requests for updates if you wish.

muertecaza Sep 27, 2018 9:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 8328280)
Classical in Phoenix led me to know that people do use this thread - I had abandoned it because I thought I was the only one interested. Updated.

Please PM me any requests for updates if you wish.

Appreciate the update--I find the thread useful.

gymratmanaz Sep 27, 2018 9:14 PM

Love this thread. From it new threads come for each project!!!!!!!

fawd Sep 27, 2018 11:24 PM

Yes! I use this thread all the time too! Thanks Biggus!

biggus diggus Sep 28, 2018 12:05 AM

Thanks guys. I'm old and sad. Keep showering me with praise.

somethingfast Sep 28, 2018 12:26 AM

This is one of my fave threads ! If we didn't make you feel appreciated, shame on us! Yes, please keep this thread going and update when possible :-)

yeezy1234 Sep 28, 2018 12:42 AM

long time lurker checking in to support the thread

Phxguy Sep 28, 2018 2:05 AM

Thanks for the update Biggus, I refer back to this thread often! You the man :cheers:

nickw252 Sep 28, 2018 4:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fawd (Post 8328594)
Yes! I use this thread all the time too! Thanks Biggus!

I also refer to this thread. Thanks for the updates. :cheers:

soled Sep 28, 2018 11:29 AM

I use this thread, too. And I haven't understood why it's not pinned to the top.

Obadno Sep 28, 2018 3:04 PM

There are some addtional Midtown Projects, at 5th adn Osborn, its almsot done cant remeber the name, Central Park Mall, The Earll, a typically 4 story apartment block near Thomas and Central and Also Central and Columbus, The Sprouts+ Apartments, The Boutique Hotel at Camelback and 5th ave

biggus diggus Sep 28, 2018 3:08 PM

Can you send me the info on these and I'll add them

Obadno Sep 28, 2018 3:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 8329108)
Can you send me the info on these and I'll add them

Thats going to take a while, I dont even know wheat they are all called.

biggus diggus Sep 28, 2018 4:32 PM

That was sort of my point...

combusean Sep 28, 2018 6:55 PM

I use this thread for my own sheet which I hope to publish this month.

biggus diggus Sep 28, 2018 7:22 PM

You're going to make your own version of what I've already spent time to create?

combusean Sep 28, 2018 8:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 8329455)
You're going to make your own version of what I've already spent time to create?

It's a google sheet that is about a tenth done for my purposes and I don't have images or a way of getting data out of it. Haven't worked on it in a month either. :)

TJPHXskyscraperfan Sep 28, 2018 9:51 PM

What about Broadstone Central too,lol

biggus diggus Sep 28, 2018 11:03 PM

Is that different from alta central?

TJPHXskyscraperfan Sep 29, 2018 2:04 AM

Yeah, that's the one on like 3rd ave and Osborne, by The Whydum Hotel, the old Holiday Inn.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Sep 29, 2018 2:05 AM

That other apartment across the street from there is just about done too, idk what that one is though.

Classical in Phoenix Sep 29, 2018 2:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soled (Post 8328953)
I use this thread, too. And I haven't understood why it's not pinned to the top.

Agreed, should be pinned.

biggus diggus Sep 29, 2018 3:11 AM

I'd like to have everything on here but I need you to send me info to add.

combusean Oct 1, 2018 5:41 PM

I am reading that this thread ought be pinned but I think we have too many pinned already.

I'm considering delisting a couple (ABQ and LV) but that might alienate some folks. Might switch the lowrise thread with this one.

gymratmanaz Oct 1, 2018 8:05 PM

I agree about ABQ and Vegas. Thanks.

Obadno Oct 4, 2018 5:00 PM

Biggus, I have some more midtown projects:

Pure MIdtown 4 floors APartments, near completion. Not much detail though:

Osborn and 5th ave

http://puremidtown.com/

Sprouts and Apartments at Osborn and 7th Ave

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...has/418021002/

5 floors, near completion.

Stewar Title Apartments 3rd Ave and Osborn

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...tments-in.html

Better info: http://www.orionprop.com/topfive/all...ts-in-phoenix/

4 floors under construction.

The Earl Midtown: Pre-construction

https://azbigmedia.com/new-to-market...july-aug-2018/

These are all of the ones off the list so far. I jus moved to midtown and the amount of Apartments under construction within a mile of 7th and Osborn is pretty insane, and thats not including remodles, Park Central Mall, The new Med School etc.

biggus diggus Oct 4, 2018 5:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8335619)
the amount of Apartments under construction within a mile of 7th and Osborn is pretty insane, and thats not including remodles, Park Central Mall, The new Med School etc.

That's why I left most of them off, they're suburban style apartments away from Central and while they are notable in that they are developments they aren't "key" in my mind. I think the buildings on Central or in the core are what I really want included in this thread, otherwise where do you draw the line? You just end up including everything in the city.

:shrug:

combusean Oct 4, 2018 6:25 PM

The cutoff for my purposes is, generally speaking, everything built with the light rail in mind.

These projects have limited setbacks, attempt more than a token bit of street interaction and are typically much more dense than we have seen before.

Remodels are too much unless it brings back online space that hasn't been online in years, like the Madison Street Jail renovation.

biggus diggus Oct 4, 2018 6:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 8335753)
The cutoff for my purposes is, generally speaking, everything built with the light rail in mind.

Even with that, you'd then be including some apartments at 48th and Washington. :shrug:

Obadno Oct 4, 2018 6:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 8335702)
That's why I left most of them off, they're suburban style apartments away from Central and while they are notable in that they are developments they aren't "key" in my mind. I think the buildings on Central or in the core are what I really want included in this thread, otherwise where do you draw the line? You just end up including everything in the city.

:shrug:

Im only suggesting you put the ones I have posted links for, they are within the 7's which is concivabley within light rail distance.