SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | SoMi Tower | 488 FT | 47 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225446)

GeneralLeeTPHLS Aug 9, 2018 12:34 AM

The towers are looking pretty good, although I feel a tad underwhelmed by the design. I think it's mostly the podium....it's just a clunker. Great dense project nonetheless, :rolleyes:

PittsburghPA Aug 9, 2018 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS (Post 8275879)
The towers are looking pretty good, although I feel a tad underwhelmed by the design. I think it's mostly the podium....it's just a clunker. Great dense project nonetheless, :rolleyes:

To each their own. I respectfully disagree whole heartedly. I think it's a great design and is a gem in the South Loop but I would enjoy it anywhere in the city. Also even though there are some great pictures submitted on here, pictures cant do the glass justice, it is stunning in person.

One thing I wish they would have done is added a little more height to the taller of the two sections to add almost a "Vista" type affect. Either way though I think its very well done.

GeneralLeeTPHLS Aug 9, 2018 1:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittsburghPA (Post 8275884)
To each their own. I respectfully disagree whole heartedly. I think it's a great design and is a gem in the South Loop but I would enjoy it anywhere in the city. Also even though there are some great pictures submitted on here, pictures cant do the glass justice, it is stunning in person.

One thing I wish they would have done is added a little more height to the taller of the two sections to add almost a "Vista" type affect. Either way though I think its very well done.

The tower is a stunner, I just think the design's a bit too subtle....and the podium is a work-in progress.

SolarWind Aug 29, 2018 1:55 AM

August 22, 2018







August 27, 2018


Bombardier Aug 29, 2018 2:41 AM

I really like how this is turning out. The vaginas in the center are quite striking!

BonoboZill4 Aug 29, 2018 3:14 AM

I just snorted my drink out of my nose, bombadier hahah

SolarWind Aug 31, 2018 1:01 AM

August 30, 2018


Le Baron Sep 9, 2018 1:06 PM

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1842/4...cc1cc717_h.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1862/2...886be0a8_h.jpg

RedCorsair87 Sep 11, 2018 1:58 AM

Stunning! Wish this one filled in one of the vacant spaces on Michigan Ave on the park.

BonoboZill4 Sep 11, 2018 2:21 AM

That first picture really shows just how dense the South Loop is starting to get now. 20 years have led to such huge changes, and the next 20 will make it look like a fluid continuation of the Loop proper

harryc Sep 13, 2018 2:06 PM

Sept 10






Notyrview Sep 13, 2018 2:20 PM

This one keeps getting better

left of center Sep 13, 2018 3:52 PM

^ Agreed. Man does this look good. Between SoMi, Essex and OGP/NEMA, the South Loop is getting some fantastic new architecture.

alegalvvan94 Sep 13, 2018 6:16 PM

This one really sticks out from UIC. How many floors do we have left to go?

gebs Sep 13, 2018 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alegalvvan94 (Post 8313510)
This one really sticks out from UIC. How many floors do we have left to go?

If it sticks to the renderings, then we're very close to topping off:

http://images.skyscrapercenter.com/b...ext_(c)scb.jpg

That image shows four corner cuts in the glass, and then the equivalent of a fifth on its way to the top. The most recent photos on this site show four corner cuts and basically the equivalent of a fifth in construction materials.

BonoboZill4 Sep 14, 2018 3:31 AM

Such a sexy tower

Ned.B Sep 14, 2018 1:38 PM

I counted 43 floors above the podium in the rendering and maybe 40 or 41 floors built. The design clearly has changes some since the rendering though. The slices at the corners were all shifted down 5 floors with respect to the podium.

Flaccer05 Sep 17, 2018 1:01 AM

Sep 15

https://i.imgur.com/5YdAbQfh.jpg

J_M_Tungsten Sep 18, 2018 12:26 AM

Wow, what a nice cluster of buildings the South Loop has now.

left of center Sep 18, 2018 1:20 AM

Wow, yeah the South Loop is looking fierce. And to think how comparatively barren it was around the turn of the millennium. Amazing the changes we have seen since then.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.