SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Proposals (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   CHICAGO | LSE - Site I | 950 FT | 85 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229046)

BVictor1 Feb 6, 2019 5:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 8463217)
Awesome,

So I guess I should have asked could financing/construction happen this year?

They'll probably start work on Site O first.

BonoboZill4 Feb 7, 2019 1:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 8463219)
They'll probably start work on Site O first.

Yes, this is the last of the four towers to be built. It's possible they start construction on the first three within a tight window, but I wouldn't bank on anything before 2022 for Site I

Zapatan Feb 7, 2019 4:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8463999)
Yes, this is the last of the four towers to be built. It's possible they start construction on the first three within a tight window, but I wouldn't bank on anything before 2022 for Site I

Oh okay, save the best for last I guess. I take it you mean a 2022 start date? That's way away.

I hope they don't alter the design too much because I love it as is. Wouldn't mind another height bump though...

Skyguy_7 Feb 7, 2019 1:44 PM

^"..Height bump." :uhh:

Good golly. You failed this week. Try again next week!

Zapatan Feb 7, 2019 7:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 (Post 8464385)

Failed what?

r18tdi Feb 7, 2019 9:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 (Post 8464385)

:haha:

Zapatan Feb 7, 2019 9:51 PM

OMG someone on a skyscraper forum wishes for a building with a cool design to be higher, how f*cking shocking is that :rolleyes:

Chisouthside Jul 12, 2019 7:31 PM

I know that it was reported that construction would begin this summer in parcels J & K/L but there's some activity going including an excavator from my vantage point and most of it seems to be concentrated on the site for parcel I, MMMMM I wonder,

Zapatan Jul 12, 2019 7:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chisouthside (Post 8630943)
I know that it was reported that construction would begin this summer in parcels J & K/L but there's some activity going including an excavator from my vantage point and most of it seems to be concentrated on the site for parcel I, MMMMM I wonder,

That would be incredibly exciting, this building is gorgeous :yes:

What's supposed to go on the other parcels?

The Lurker Jul 12, 2019 8:02 PM

I'll dance on site with an ass-less banana suit if Magellan begins construction on a 950 foot condo tower on spec when Vista is less than halfway sold. Probably remediation work.

Site J,K,L have been condensed to two rental towers, which are more likely to start in the near term. Even so we haven't heard any announcements in a while.

HomrQT Jul 12, 2019 8:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lurker (Post 8630981)
I'll dance on site with an ass-less banana suit if Magellan begins construction on a 950 foot condo tower on spec when Vista is less than halfway sold. Probably remediation work.

Just quoting for archival purposes... :D

The Lurker Jul 12, 2019 8:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomrQT (Post 8630984)
Just quoting for archival purposes... :D

Oh, I'm a man of my word.

:cough: erbin politishn :cough:

Chisouthside Jul 12, 2019 8:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lurker (Post 8630981)

Site J,K,L have been condensed to two rental towers, which are more likely to start in the near term. Even so we haven't heard any announcements in a while.

This was from april which announced they would start on the two towers in J/K/L/ this summer hence my confusion on the work for Site I where as the ground for the other three parcels seems undisturbed from my vantage point.
https://chicago.curbed.com/2019/4/16...nt-development

Skyguy_7 Aug 16, 2019 8:50 PM

bKL just posted a photo on the ‘Gram of Case on site, with the caption “Site preparation begins at parcels IJKL at Lakeshore East!”

I think it might be too early to tell if it’s banana time for Site I, but nevertheless, WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE! :cheers:

Steely Dan Aug 16, 2019 8:52 PM

^ the site prep currently taking place is for Cirrus and Cascade (sites J,K,L) not Site I, which is still some time off.

Cirrus and Cascade have their own separate thread: CHICAGO | Cirrus & Cascade (LSE) | 559' & 452' FT | 47 & 37 FLOORS

The Lurker Aug 16, 2019 9:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8660865)
^ the site prep currently taking place is for Cirrus and Cascade (sites J,K,L) not Site I, which is still some time off.

Cirrus and Cascade have their own separate thread: CHICAGO | Cirrus & Cascade (LSE) | 559' & 452' FT | 47 & 37 FLOORS

Right, but look at the first massing model Harry posted. What is that jagged lowrise podium-like feature to the left of the two towers? It lines up with what would appear to be the footprint of the Chandler. Could Magellan be laying the foundation for site I as well? If deep foudation equipment starts showing up I may be in trouble.

MorganChi Sep 18, 2019 7:31 PM

Any word on site I ?

harryc Sep 18, 2019 7:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorganChi (Post 8691088)
Any word on site I ?

It is in full swing - as a staging area for the other sites.

Zapatan Sep 18, 2019 7:52 PM

Edited

Zapatan Sep 18, 2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorganChi (Post 8691088)
Any word on site I ?

I think that starts after these are finished, so another year or two maybe. Wish it could be sooner, although if that site is being used as a staging area then I guess not.