SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Photography (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Rural Alberta Advantage (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193339)

bulliver Aug 23, 2011 1:10 AM

Rural Alberta Advantage

Here's some shots from outside the city in the Canadian Province of Alberta over the last several years. Pics are from June 2008 to this month, August 2011. Shots are both digital and film.

Some mood music:
Video Link

And the pics...

Thanks for looking.

Pavlov Aug 23, 2011 1:24 AM

Simply beautiful. This thread stirred my Albertan soul. Some of the most beautiful landscapes in the entire world (in my experience and opinion).

sync Aug 23, 2011 1:28 AM

amazing.

great band too.

entheosfog Aug 23, 2011 1:46 AM

Really amazing work, I especially love the abandoned structures. And those cars are quite something, too.

Black Star Aug 23, 2011 2:11 AM

Really cool. Some of the shots really hit home. They look like our old homestead:cheers: Great touch with the music. Only thing missing was some horderves.:)

Jimby Aug 23, 2011 2:45 AM

Fantastic photos and I liked the soundtrack too. I am one of the many who are grateful to be welcomed to Alberta. It is a great place to call home.

photoLith Aug 23, 2011 3:41 AM

Awesome black and whites man and Id absolutely love to go out there and photograph some of those old abandoned farm houses. Ive been to Banff and seen and photographed that view of Peyto Lake, it was incredible but packed with buses of Japanese tourists lol.

flar Aug 23, 2011 3:58 AM

Stunning photos. I like this one best: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/...c4f7eb1f_b.jpg

Lipani Aug 23, 2011 4:19 AM

These photos are gorgeous, bulliver. Thanks for sharing!

Robert Pence Aug 23, 2011 11:30 AM

Gorgeous photos; they evoke memories of nearly two weeks spent in the vicinity of Irricana and drives to Drumheller and up the Ice Fields Parkway to the glaciers in late summer, 1995. Watching a summer storm move across the prairie was a memorable experience.

toyota74 Aug 23, 2011 5:51 PM

Nice collection...in my opinion you are at least one of the top five
photographers here.Probaly no. one at nightshots.

diskojoe Aug 25, 2011 1:20 PM

very nice set.

xzmattzx Aug 25, 2011 8:30 PM

Great pictures! The old grain elevators are interesting to look at. Where were the abandoned cars and houses pictures taken?

albertantraingeek Aug 26, 2011 5:31 AM

Goold ol' Big sky Country, that is, when it isn't hailing of course!:haha: Great pictures! If you are not proud to be an Albertan (I'm VERY proud!) after looking at these, then there is something not right with you! :koko::sly:

Praise Alberta! :worship:

Okayyou Aug 26, 2011 7:57 PM

Those field shots are gorgeous. Outstanding colors and light.

bulliver Aug 27, 2011 10:11 PM

Hey!

Thanks very much everyone...

@BLACK STAR: Just wait another 10 minutes, hors d'oeuvres are on the way, promise.

@Jimby: You may know that I am also a transplant, from BC, very happy to be here. Though at this point in my life I have split my time between BC and here almost evenly.

@photoLith: Ha ha, that how it was when I was there. That's how it always is...and the small viewing platform ensures everyone comes home with the same shot.

@Robert: The summer storms are one of my favorite parts of being out here...they are not nearly as common in mountainous BC.

@Patrick: Not sure I agree, as there is a lot of talent here, but your kind words mean a lot, especially from a photog of your caliber...

@xzmattzx: The cars are from a farm near Lamont, about an hour outside of Edmonton. This guy was quite a hoarder, he had all manner of cars, trucks, boats, planes, tractors, combines, and other assorted farm implements spread over his many acres. He was very kind to allow me and some friends access to his property.

As for the homesteads, they are spread over various parts of Alberta..if you click on the picture it will take you to the flickr page where I have all of them mapped.

Thanks again for the nice comments everyone!

giovanni sasso Aug 27, 2011 10:55 PM

wow, that was really great. thanks for sharing; what a place. good song, too.

one of these livelong days i'm gonna do a cross canadian road trip.

i_am_hydrogen Aug 28, 2011 1:34 AM

Geez, these are stunning. I love all the wide angles.

Thundertubs Aug 29, 2011 12:36 AM

Beautiful set. I look forward to visiting AB one day.

Centropolis Aug 29, 2011 3:32 AM

This is definitely the day for me to be really appreciating the Canadian representation on this board.