SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   St. John's (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=700)
-   -   [St. John's] Retail Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198935)

Tommyswally Mar 9, 2021 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tocchet22 (Post 9211918)
Question. Where would you like to see a Giant Tiger locate in metro?

Saw Giant Tiger transport truck at Costco last week...have seen a few of them around in the past year.

Plaza Retail website shows lease pending for large space to be built next to Dollarama in Galway. Thinking that would be a good location.[/QUOTE]

Probably doesn't mean anything that its a Giant Tiger truck as it may be operated by an independent trucking company, i know that Mcdonalds trucks pick up Snow crab from the processing plants here to go to mainland. I as well as yourself have seen Giant Tiger trucks on the TCH heading east in the last year.

I would like to see some restaurants of some type out in Galway, like to see a local brand, eg. Mary Browns, Jungle Jims etc

Marty_Mcfly Mar 15, 2021 6:01 PM

Wal Mart Topsail Road is closing. Not really surprised, that was such an odd store.

Arrakis Mar 15, 2021 6:16 PM

Not surprised either. Is,ways considered that location to be a temporary thing as Walmart is only leasing that property from Crombie REIT.

Would probably make an ideal location for a Giant Tiger since they are in expansion mode and keen to open here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly (Post 9218470)
Wal Mart Topsail Road is closing. Not really surprised, that was such an odd store.


wmemeadusjr Mar 15, 2021 7:12 PM

Walmart Topsail Road
 
When I heard Walmart was renovating a ton of stores this year, I had assumed this would be one of them, as it was just Zellers/Kmart with a Walmart sign and a coat of blue paint.

rthomasd Mar 16, 2021 3:47 PM

Just discovered that Costco has closed it's in-store Photo Centre in ALL locations. While it's easy
to get Passport photos locally, I often used their framing service - i know that they jobbed out
all their framing to a local vendor, never knew who it was, anyone know who did their framing, plaque mounting?

PoscStudent Mar 19, 2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rthomasd (Post 9219507)
Just discovered that Costco has closed it's in-store Photo Centre in ALL locations. While it's easy
to get Passport photos locally, I often used their framing service - i know that they jobbed out
all their framing to a local vendor, never knew who it was, anyone know who did their framing, plaque mounting?

Oh no! I have had pictures I’ve been putting off getting framed. I had a few done at Costco a couple years ago and had others I wanted done in the same frame.

Larla77 Mar 22, 2021 4:57 PM

Wondering if anyone has heard anything about a possible sale of the old RONA on Torbay Road. We noticed that the for sale signs are all gone not long ago. I just did a quick google search and the site I found indicated its "under offer".

https://www.commerciallistings.cbre....g9?view=isSale

Edited to add that the same website also shows the old Target as being "under offer" as well.

https://www.commerciallistings.cbre....e8?view=isSale

Any insights?

BruceChafe Mar 22, 2021 5:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larla77 (Post 9225242)
Wondering if anyone has heard anything about a possible sale of the old RONA on Torbay Road. We noticed that the for sale signs are all gone not long ago. I just did a quick google search and the site I found indicated its "under offer".

https://www.commerciallistings.cbre....g9?view=isSale

Edited to add that the same website also shows the old Target as being "under offer" as well.

https://www.commerciallistings.cbre....e8?view=isSale

Any insights?

I’ve heard that Princess Auto is under offer as well, same with Costco. Costco I can’t find online anymore.

Larla77 Mar 22, 2021 6:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceChafe (Post 9225294)
I’ve heard that Princess Auto is under offer as well, same with Costco. Costco I can’t find online anymore.

I think the signs were still up on Princess Auto but we have seen a few cars by the building recently. I'll have to take a drive up that way to see if the signs are still up.

Arrakis Mar 23, 2021 3:06 AM

The signs are off the building. I was down that way this past weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larla77 (Post 9225362)
I think the signs were still up on Princess Auto but we have seen a few cars by the building recently. I'll have to take a drive up that way to see if the signs are still up.


jjavman Mar 23, 2021 12:07 PM

Parklet Program Approved for Churchill Square and Downtown Businesses
 
https://vocm.com/2021/03/23/parklet-...re-businesses/

IronMan Mar 23, 2021 10:41 PM

Former Costco building is still for sale, but it looks lie they changed realtors. Can be found at

https://www.collierscanada.com/en-ca...ada/can2007279.

Also, no for sale sign on former Princess Auto building, but there is one on the front lawn.

goodgrowth Mar 23, 2021 11:11 PM

Some of those larger buildings like Costco and Target/Zellers are probably going to be hard to sell as they are...

wmemeadusjr Mar 24, 2021 10:47 AM

Pipers stavanger
 
Pipers is taking some of the Stavanger Drive strip that housed Pennington's and Addition Elle.

IronMan Mar 24, 2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr (Post 9227279)
Pipers is taking some of the Stavanger Drive strip that housed Pennington's and Addition Elle.

That's interesting. I assume they will be moving one of their stores from Torbay Road or Elizabeth Avenue. Three Pipers stores in the east end seems like a lot! Would be a great spot for them though!

It's good to hear something happening on Stavanger Drive.

techguy123 Mar 24, 2021 5:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMan (Post 9227304)
That's interesting. I assume they will be moving one of their stores from Torbay Road or Elizabeth Avenue. Three Pipers stores in the east end seems like a lot! Would be a great spot for them though!

It's good to hear something happening on Stavanger Drive.

Torbay Road is closing.

Sctttmmy Apr 14, 2021 3:01 PM

Framing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 9222581)
Oh no! I have had pictures I’ve been putting off getting framed. I had a few done at Costco a couple years ago and had others I wanted done in the same frame.


Go see Bev at Art Cansel next to Steele Mazda, they are excellent!

Arrakis Apr 26, 2021 4:10 PM

I know many people were hoping for a Disney store to open in the mall some day but unfortunately Disney has announced its closing all of its Canadian retail stores.

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...shift-sources/

Arrakis May 10, 2021 3:59 PM

Drove by the former RONA in Paradise today. Lots of activity happening there. Still can’t tell if they are renovating the old building or demolishing it. They have the exterior cladding removed down to the bare wood beneath.

wmemeadusjr May 12, 2021 2:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrakis (Post 9275100)
Drove by the former RONA in Paradise today. Lots of activity happening there. Still can’t tell if they are renovating the old building or demolishing it. They have the exterior cladding removed down to the bare wood beneath.

Home Hardware is taking over the old Rona/Chester Dawe site in Paradise.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.