SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (Nordstrom)| 1,550 FT | 131 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191095)

Dale Jan 24, 2013 6:50 PM

I never got the impression that the Chicago Spire was a pipe dream. As I understand it, it was financed and well underway ... then Anglo-Irish Bank basically collapsed.

Crawford Jan 24, 2013 7:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 5986222)
I never got the impression that the Chicago Spire was a pipe dream. As I understand it, it was financed and well underway ... then Anglo-Irish Bank basically collapsed.

It was never financed. It was basically a pipe dream.

And the developer was a carpenter from Ireland, who had never developed anything substantial in his life.

NYguy Jan 24, 2013 9:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onn (Post 5986019)
how would I know its that from a google earth view?

Because I said it was, and more specifically, gave you a link to read.



Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCrules (Post 5986132)
could you assure me it won't halt its construction or even cancel like Chicago Spire did in Chicago that went by the by too far and suddenly silent.

I can't assure you anything other than the sun will rise in the east and set in the west, as we all will someday. But as mentioned, this is a different development from that proposal. Barnett has already proven that he can get these things built, the guy is not an inexperienced developer. He's already been liquidating some of his own properties in preparation for financing construction, he already has his commercial tenant in Nordstrom, which will be buying its space BTW (it really will be a Nordstrom tower in that sense). Is it a 100% certainty that this tower will be built? There's not even a 100% certainty that earth will exists beyond tomorrow. But lets just say that it is more likely than not. There is nothing for you to do but wait and see.

NYguy Jan 26, 2013 1:25 PM

An older view of the site...


http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/148482470/original.jpg

NYCrules Jan 26, 2013 3:06 PM

^It's a relief with that confidence then. I find your views noteworthy and i respect them. Keep your posts pouring adequately. :tup:

TechTalkGuy Jan 27, 2013 1:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYguy (Post 5988567)

Imagine waking up to that view every morning! :cool:

NYguy Jan 27, 2013 8:03 PM

That view can't lose either way for me, with or without the tower. But they will have some of the best views of New York.

NYCrules Jan 28, 2013 1:52 PM

I am not so sure but I think I heard we'll start seeing some renders by late February or early March. Hope it'll come true, indeed.
God! I am dying to see some renders and am intrigued to know how huge and how beautiful it'll be...

Onn Jan 28, 2013 3:22 PM

^
Any clue as to what the design will be like yet? Is all we have to go on a wide base and a narrow top?

NYCrules Jan 29, 2013 2:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onn (Post 5990577)
^
Any clue as to what the design will be like yet? Is all we have to go on a wide base and a narrow top?

Yeah! tapering top but to my guess, it should taper not like 'The Shard' or even 'Tower Verre' and i pray it won't taper like that.
Maybe as tapering as the top of One WTC.

Onn Jan 29, 2013 3:38 AM

Something like this then I assume. I know, I'm itching to see the design too! This is going to have the biggest impact on the New York skyline in quite some time!

sbarn

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8437/7...28d428e4_h.jpg

sbarn Jan 29, 2013 3:53 AM

^^ Blaaa. Thats my worst one... use this one instead! :D

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8185/8...9f0dfccd_b.jpg
Original Image Source

Onn Jan 29, 2013 4:14 AM

Whops sorry! (I think they're both great, you did a terrific job with them!) :P

TechTalkGuy Jan 29, 2013 8:22 AM

:previous: I love the future !! :tup:

NYCrules Jan 29, 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onn (Post 5991498)
Something like this then I assume. I know, I'm itching to see the design too! This is going to have the biggest impact on the New York skyline in quite some time!

sbarn

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8437/7...28d428e4_h.jpg

Wow, really!
The render in this picture really wouldn't hurt if it was the real one.
I like that bulky thing about this render.
And my knowledge of what i heard of about the yet-to-be-revealed render perhaps must be of this sort...
Great!!

UTEPman Jan 29, 2013 8:15 PM

It seems like most of these projects center around that one area of central park.

Is there zoning restrictions for building tall around the other areas of Central? Would be kind of cool if the skyline stretched out (with taller buildings) down the length of central park.

NYguy Jan 29, 2013 8:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTEPman (Post 5992337)
It seems like most of these projects center around that one area of central park.

Is there zoning restrictions for building tall around the other areas of Central? Would be kind of cool if the skyline stretched out (with taller buildings) down the length of central park.

The zoning restrictions are based on FAR. You will see some taller buildings sprout up around the upper east and west sides of Manhattan, as has been happening. But nothing as tall as a supertall. Those will be centered in Midtown and Downtown Manhattan.

nycaddict Jan 29, 2013 9:16 PM

are there many sites like this in midtown that would allow such a tall tower? or will it always stand out in the skyline? i wouldn't argue with a few more blended in to even out it out.

also what is the tower directly in front of this one

hunser Jan 29, 2013 9:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycaddict (Post 5992428)
also what is the tower directly in front of this one

220 Central Park South: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=184074

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycaddict (Post 5992426)
are there many sites like this in midtown that would allow such a tall tower? or will it always stand out in the skyline? i wouldn't argue with a few more blended in to even out it out.

Manhattan West and especially Hudson Yards can accomodate a 1600 footer easily.

scalziand Jan 29, 2013 9:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycaddict (Post 5992428)
also what is the tower directly in front of this one

That's 220 Central Park South. We know that what's going there will probably be moderately tall, but not a supertall. Probably 600-900'.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.