SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | 1000M (1000 S Michigan) | 832 FT | 76 FLOORS | ON HOLD (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=218947)

The Pimp Oct 22, 2020 12:09 PM

Is this property quietly up for sale?

Kumdogmillionaire Oct 22, 2020 3:48 PM

For the best, Jahn towers don't age well anyway

BVictor1 Oct 22, 2020 5:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire (Post 9081857)

600 N. Fairbanks is holding its own.

Zapatan Oct 22, 2020 6:51 PM

Quote:

The Liberty Place Towers in Philly still look great, as well as the Messeturm in Frankfurt and 50 West in NY. Just to name a few.

Aside from that this was not my favorite. Not really a huge loss, hopefully something nice rises here though.

gebs Oct 22, 2020 6:52 PM

Gives us all a lot more time to (a) hope for a better design and (b) save up for the 20-25% down banks will probably ask for in the future.

ardecila Oct 22, 2020 9:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toasty Joe (Post 9082471)
Something like Rose Hill in NYC would look nice here

Careful what you wish for, the Chicago equivalent is a Lucien Lagrange shitstack... (sigh)

VKChaz Oct 25, 2020 4:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardecila (Post 9082482)
Careful what you wish for, the Chicago equivalent is a Lucien Lagrange shitstack... (sigh)

Is there a reason Lagrange is the go-to? There is evident demand for the style. Others should be able to command that work

HomrQT Oct 25, 2020 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 9082123)
600 N. Fairbanks is holding its own.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that... :haha::haha::haha:

HomrQT Oct 25, 2020 5:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 9082224)
The Liberty Place Towers in Philly still look great, as well as the Messeturm in Frankfurt and 50 West in NY. Just to name a few.

Aside from that this was not my favorite. Not really a huge loss, hopefully something nice rises here though.

Liberty Place Towers are borderline iconic they are so good. These other two you mentioned are VERY "meh". Despite him being here in Chicago for a long time, I just don't like most of his work, especially the stuff that has been put up in Chicago. I'm still hoping for the Thomspon Center to be completely rehabbed or torn down.

HomrQT Oct 25, 2020 5:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VKChaz (Post 9084706)
Is there a reason Lagrange is the go-to? There is evident demand for the style. Others should be able to command that work

Do his products flop? If not, then offering a successful product at reasonable costs will ensure he gets to continue producing less than stellar visuals. And he's been doing it for so long here I'm sure he has very wide reaching connections.

VKChaz Oct 25, 2020 5:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomrQT (Post 9084783)
Do his products flop? If not, then offering a successful product at reasonable costs will ensure he gets to continue producing less than stellar visuals. And he's been doing it for so long here I'm sure he has very wide reaching connections.

Sure, if buyers are not discerning then that is what they will get. But then there should be room for more alternatives that would provide a contrast. There are a few

PersonOfInterest Nov 10, 2020 7:06 PM

Minor activity on site. Truck brought some new rebar cages for piles on monday. Seem to be a small diameter compared to the current ones.

Steely Dan Nov 11, 2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest (Post 9102571)
Minor activity on site. Truck brought some new rebar cages for piles on monday. Seem to be a small diameter compared to the current ones.

well that's certainly curious.

you didn't happen to snap a pic, did you?

anyone have a clue what these could be for?

PersonOfInterest Nov 12, 2020 2:41 AM

Ill take one tomorrow.

PersonOfInterest Nov 16, 2020 5:49 PM

The rebar to the bottom right side on the rack is new.

https://i.imgur.com/YgCWRGs.jpg

Zapatan Nov 16, 2020 5:52 PM

Is there a chance this isn't totally dead?

If not, why on earth would they bring those to the site?

Fvn Nov 16, 2020 6:56 PM

I wonder if its rebar that was purchased before it got shut down and where ever it was being stored needed to be freed up so they just put it brought it there?

Zapatan Nov 16, 2020 7:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fvn (Post 9107828)
I wonder if its rebar that was purchased before it got shut down and where ever it was being stored needed to be freed up so they just put it brought it there?

Yea I thought this too, going to assume that's the case and not get my hopes up. Would love to be wrong...

Kumdogmillionaire Nov 17, 2020 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fvn (Post 9107828)

Most likely answer