SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

SDfan Sep 19, 2017 6:23 PM

Renders of 800 Broadway, 41-stories, 385' tall. Max FAR on site is 12.0, they are proposing 16.94 with bonuses.

http://civicsd.com/wp-content/upload...y-Drawings.pdf

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...13.13%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...15.50%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...13.57%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...14.14%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...16.28%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...16.40%20AM.png

SDfan Sep 19, 2017 6:32 PM

Renders of Columbia & Hawthorn, 9 stories, 160' tall. Max FAR is 6.0, developer proposing 5.91. This appears to be a connected to an earlier project already in development next door (State & Grape).

http://civicsd.com/wp-content/upload...e-Drawings.pdf

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...25.52%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...28.40%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...28.52%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...28.19%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...27.53%20AM.png

SDfan Sep 19, 2017 6:39 PM

Renders of 14th & Commercial, 16 stories, 185'. Max FAR is 7.5, developer proposing 6.5.

http://civicsd.com/wp-content/upload...l-Drawings.pdf

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...33.56%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...36.25%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...36.34%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...35.51%20AM.png

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...36.41%20AM.png

mello Sep 19, 2017 7:54 PM

So many excellent updates thanks SDfan. The 400 Footer up the hill from Symphony towers wow!! That will be huge for the skyline. Ok soooo many cool renderings and projects have come out the last year and a half but no action! What are the chances that CA Theatre, 1st and Cedar, Streetlights, and now all these others you just showed right now get shovels in the ground soon?

If all of these were built we are looking at a stumpy Miami here!! Lol. No kidding our skyline will be very nicely transformed I would just love to know when they will actually be underway. We all know a recession is looming sometime in the next 2 years so lets get going.

Little Italy WOW!! That place is becoming very dense and I'm surprised 9 story projects are getting greenlit on the North end of LI (Closer to Flight path). That is excellent news :cheers:

SDfan Sep 19, 2017 9:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mello (Post 7927226)
So many excellent updates thanks SDfan. The 400 Footer up the hill from Symphony towers wow!! That will be huge for the skyline. Ok soooo many cool renderings and projects have come out the last year and a half but no action! What are the chances that CA Theatre, 1st and Cedar, Streetlights, and now all these others you just showed right now get shovels in the ground soon?

If all of these were built we are looking at a stumpy Miami here!! Lol. No kidding our skyline will be very nicely transformed I would just love to know when they will actually be underway. We all know a recession is looming sometime in the next 2 years so lets get going.

Little Italy WOW!! That place is becoming very dense and I'm surprised 9 story projects are getting greenlit on the North end of LI (Closer to Flight path). That is excellent news :cheers:

Thank you, my pleasure.

At this point, if it's a major high-rise, I think Bosa and Pinnacle are the players to watch.

Pinnacle is very incremental, working on one tower at a time it seems. Now that they're about 10 floors up on the red menace, I'm crossing my fingers they'll start work on the twins on Broadway.

Bosa has its hands full, obviously. Pacific Gate is nearly done, and Savina is rising quickly on Kettner. They're either going to pursue PG's twin or the Block in EV. My bet is on PG's twin, given their preference for the Embarcadero.

As for everyone else, who knows? Some of these proposals are simply done to fetch a pretty penny from bigger developers who want to limit the supply on the market, like when Bosa bought the Block from Zephyr in 2015 or when Pinnacle bought Pacific Heights last year.

Other times, these developers are small fry and won't procure the capital necessary to actually get their projects out of the ground. Lenders have been extremely cautious since the recession, and have even been especially less willing to invest in multi-family this past year.

But, regardless, we have a lot of great options on the table.

mello Sep 19, 2017 10:43 PM

Hmm, so in a way it's pointless checking out all these renderings and getting excited about them. Why aren't major Chinese developers with Capital or whoever is building all the towers in SF, Chicago, Miami, etc looking at SD as an option? It seems like there is so much potential here and silly to just let BOSA and Pinnacle corner the market.

On another note what is that huge empty parcel of dirt in your last pic? (Father Joes Project). Due South of MTS Headquarters that is a HUGE piece of land I've always wondered about.

HurricaneHugo Sep 20, 2017 8:31 AM

Can somebody explain what FAR is again?

I'm guessing it's the ratio of how wide the block is to how tall the building is

or Floor Area Ratio? I dunno

SDfan Sep 20, 2017 4:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo (Post 7927759)
Can somebody explain what FAR is again?

I'm guessing it's the ratio of how wide the block is to how tall the building is

or Floor Area Ratio? I dunno

From Google: FAR is the relationship between the total amount of usable floor area that a building has, or has been permitted for the building, and the total area of the lot on which the building stands. A higher ratio is more likely to indicate a dense or urban construction.

We want as high an FAR as possible, especially downtown, since most of SD is in the low single digits.

tyleraf Sep 20, 2017 8:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mello (Post 7927445)
On another note what is that huge empty parcel of dirt in your last pic? (Father Joes Project). Due South of MTS Headquarters that is a HUGE piece of land I've always wondered about.

Mello, at one point the Metro Center project was planned for that site.I don't know if anything is planned for the site now.
http://www.10news.com/news/-stackabl...r-barrio-logan

sixonenine Sep 21, 2017 1:45 AM

I know it's a long shot but I think San Diego will appear to me more like Vancouver rather than Miami with all the new buildings going up. I mean these cities have some similarities, both have a Gastown or Gaslamp district, both are relatively close to the border, Vancouver has taller and lots more buildings but most are 500ft under (with only two being in the 600s), Bosa which has projects in Vancouver as well is def bringing Vancouver style buildings to SD. Anyways they are two totally diff cities but I can see some similarities going on as well.

ScottSD Sep 21, 2017 4:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyleraf (Post 7928353)
Mello, at one point the Metro Center project was planned for that site.I don't know if anything is planned for the site now.
http://www.10news.com/news/-stackabl...r-barrio-logan

SDG&E wants to use that that empty lot to build a new substation.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...story,amp.html

Derek Sep 21, 2017 4:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottSD (Post 7928707)
SDG&E wants to use that that empty lot to build a new substation.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...story,amp.html



That’s extremely unfortunate.

Boatguy619 Sep 21, 2017 5:15 AM

a crane went up this week at pacific hwy and grape, any renderings of whats going up there?

HurricaneHugo Sep 21, 2017 6:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixonenine (Post 7928626)
I know it's a long shot but I think San Diego will appear to me more like Vancouver rather than Miami with all the new buildings going up. I mean these cities have some similarities, both have a Gastown or Gaslamp district, both are relatively close to the border, Vancouver has taller and lots more buildings but most are 500ft under (with only two being in the 600s), Bosa which has projects in Vancouver as well is def bringing Vancouver style buildings to SD. Anyways they are two totally diff cities but I can see some similarities going on as well.

Coincidentally, it's the only Canadian city i'd move to. :D

spoonman Sep 21, 2017 2:16 PM

Hopefully that SDG&E substation can be located on a site less suited for redevelopment. The proposed site is right next to a major transit station (MTS Building) and is surrounded by construction.

Streamliner Sep 21, 2017 4:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boatguy619 (Post 7928731)
a crane went up this week at pacific hwy and grape, any renderings of whats going up there?

Could it be 1919 Pacific Highway? Not exactly at the corner, but near that intersection:

https://timesofsandiego.com/business...-little-italy/

https://timesofsandiego.com/wp-conte...ic-Highway.jpg

spoonman Sep 21, 2017 4:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7929082)
Could it be 1919 Pacific Highway? Not exactly at the corner, but near that intersection:

https://timesofsandiego.com/business...-little-italy/

https://timesofsandiego.com/wp-conte...ic-Highway.jpg

I believe there are 2 separate projects planned. One for the corner and one next door (the picture you posted).

mello Sep 21, 2017 9:09 PM

Hey guys if you read how SDfan responded to us getting false hopes up for all of those renderings and or approvals that never get off the ground I have a suggestion! Let's all start emailing the big developers doing highrises in Downtown LA.

Just pulled from LA Times article today about guy building some units that are only 400sq ft. in his new tower : Zhang is chief executive of SCG America, the U.S. subsidiary of Shanghai Construction Group.

There is also Ocean Wide, and Greenland! How come San Diego boosters aren't going a couple hours up the road to meet with those guys or wining and dining them getting them to come down here and check out DTSD.

Now that a mega project like Manchester Pacific Gateway is actually being built this should get their attention. That project is Waaaaaay bigger than the Metropolis project being constructed right now by Green Way in DTLA.

Let's try to reach out to these guys and not let BOSA and PINNACLE run the entire downtown market place there has to be other big boys willing to come down here.

ucsbgaucho Sep 22, 2017 5:14 PM

NFL reportedly considering moving Chargers back to San Diego

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...g1nwioug3s995z

Streamliner Sep 22, 2017 9:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 7929116)
I believe there are 2 separate projects planned. One for the corner and one next door (the picture you posted).

I happened to drive by that intersection last night. 1919 Pacific Coast Highway is the one with the crane. Not sure of the status of the other:

https://i.imgur.com/RVfdNkfh.jpg

Also, Rob Quigley's Bayside Fire Station across the street from the County Admin. building is coming along:

https://i.imgur.com/1uSk8VFh.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.