SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

LeftCoaster Dec 14, 2016 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 7649459)
...and what spreadsheet? Lol

I keep track of several airports peak intl schedules/capacity, Montreal happens to be one of them.

This is the montreal sheet:

http://i.imgur.com/OWHeIyI.png

LeftCoaster Dec 14, 2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 7650639)
WHeres yul ? Are those international numbers ??

YUL came in at #11 or 12 I believe, just off the top 10.

Denscity Dec 14, 2016 1:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 7650639)
WHeres yul ? Are those international numbers ??

Yes international only.

Alexcaban Dec 14, 2016 2:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster (Post 7650640)
I keep track of several airports peak intl schedules/capacity, Montreal happens to be one of them.

This is the montreal sheet:

http://i.imgur.com/OWHeIyI.png

Couple of things wrong here.

YUL-FRA is a 788
YUL-GVA is an A333 until September 21st, 2017
YUL-ATH on AC will move up to 6x weekly from 5
YUL-VCE on AC will remain 3x weekly not 4
and Lufthansa is adding an extra frequency to MUC making it daily.

G.S MTL Dec 14, 2016 3:59 AM

Actually royal Jordanian is 2 and Aeromexico is 11 weekly and WOW AIR is daily. Transat Nice is Now 5 weekly

G.S MTL Dec 14, 2016 4:05 AM

Anyway I'll update my list after the new year ;)

G.S MTL Dec 14, 2016 4:53 AM

According to Lufthansa FRA- YUL is 6 weekly and MUC is 7

thenoflyzone Dec 14, 2016 4:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster duck (Post 7650606)
If they had to expand further, what would they do next? Tack on a similar jetty to the Transborder area?

Short of building a brand new terminal somewhere else, that's about the only thing left they can do.

LeftCoaster Dec 14, 2016 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexcaban (Post 7650753)
Couple of things wrong here.

YUL-FRA is a 788
YUL-GVA is an A333 until September 21st, 2017
YUL-ATH on AC will move up to 6x weekly from 5
YUL-VCE on AC will remain 3x weekly not 4
and Lufthansa is adding an extra frequency to MUC making it daily.

Just made the Frankfurt and Geneva changes, but I can't seem to find anything online about any of the other changes you're noting.

Air Canada is pretty open about its Rouge changes and none of the above are listed. Are the confirmed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 7650830)
Actually royal Jordanian is 2 and Aeromexico is 11 weekly and WOW AIR is daily. Transat Nice is Now 5 weekly

Got it, couldn't find any back up for the Royal Jordanian though.

Alexcaban Dec 14, 2016 7:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster (Post 7651405)
Just made the Frankfurt and Geneva changes, but I can't seem to find anything online about any of the other changes you're noting.

Air Canada is pretty open about its Rouge changes and none of the above are listed. Are the confirmed?

Got it, couldn't find any back up for the Royal Jordanian though.

Yes a simple search on AC's site will show ATH operating everyday except Saturday. Venice is 3x weekly Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

chris Dec 14, 2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster duck (Post 7650606)
Nice pic! The YUL terminal looks a bit like YVR from above. If they had to expand further, what would they do next? Tack on a similar jetty to the Transborder area?

Yes, exactly. That's part of the master plan. there's also a very long term plan to tear down the remaining Aeroquay and main Domestic Concourse and replace them with two new domestic concourses directly linked to the main terminal. YUL will look much more "symmetrical" in 30 years from now.

jakethesnake Dec 15, 2016 10:50 PM

Quote:

Medical pot company building huge production plant at Edmonton International Airport

GORDON KENT

A medical marijuana company plans to lease 12 hectares at the Edmonton International Airport and build what it calls the world’s biggest legal pot production plant.

Aurora Cannabis Inc. is building the 75,000-square-metre Aurora Sky facility at the airport, a site it chose for low-cost power and other utilities, access to customs and opportunities for future exports of products and genetics, the company said Thursday in a news release.

The release says the land will be leased subject to conditions which it doesn’t specify,

Aurora, one of Canada’s 35 licensed pot sellers, currently runs Alberta’s only medical marijuana facility in a 5,000-square-metre building in Cremona north of Calgary.

“Aurora Sky will prepare the company to meet the rapidly growing medical demand, as well as position us for the soon to be legalized recreational market with the world’s largest and most sophisticated cannabis production facility,“ Neil Belot, Aurora’s chief brand officer, said in the release.

“Our new facility’s location at Edmonton International Airport brings clear competitive advantages, and, we believe, reaffirms the Aurora Standard as the industry benchmark for innovation, leadership, and strategic execution.”
http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...tional-airport

This is interesting. Wonder if it'll affect cargo at EIA.

MalcolmTucker Dec 15, 2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakethesnake (Post 7652805)

Canada Post for sure!

casper Dec 15, 2016 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakethesnake (Post 7652805)

I have been told about two years ago when Tillray opened their manufacturing facility in Nanaimo it doubled the cargo on the Fedex flight. I believe that airport was served with an all cargo Cessna to Vancouver.

thenoflyzone Dec 16, 2016 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 7651574)
Yes, exactly. That's part of the master plan. there's also a very long term plan to tear down the remaining Aeroquay and main Domestic Concourse and replace them with two new domestic concourses directly linked to the main terminal. YUL will look much more "symmetrical" in 30 years from now.

Right now, the only other terminal expansion in the 2013-2033 master plan is the extension of the transborder jetty. All other work is either internal or not part of the terminal building, and no other expansion project is officially part of the master plan.

Page 50.

http://www.admtl.com/sites/default/f...al_12-2013.pdf

G.S MTL Dec 16, 2016 1:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 7652884)
Right now, the only other terminal expansion in the 2013-2033 master plan is the extension of the transborder jetty. All other work is either internal or not part of the terminal building, and no other expansion project is officially part of the master plan.

Page 50.

http://www.admtl.com/sites/default/f...al_12-2013.pdf

These plans will Most likely change ...I mean the NEW terminal if ever there is one...they also say by 2033 YUL should hit 22 million but we'll
Hit that way before 2033 the way things are going now ......can never really predict these things though ....but like I said...if yul keeps it up!!! And nearly half of that would be international!

ACT7 Dec 18, 2016 10:26 PM

I was doing a little bit of research and thought it might be interesting to compare the number of international (non-transborder) destinations out of some of Canada's and the U.S.'s major airports. I was actually pretty surprised with some of the results. This data is taken directly off each airport's website and I've included upcoming future routes that I know about, so in some cases the count may be off by a couple based on what's listed on the website.

YYZ - 105 direct international destinations
MIA - 104 direct international destinations (81 of which are to Central and South America)
JFK - 95 direct international destinations
YUL - 87 direct international destinations
ORD - 41 direct international destinations
YVR - 40 direct international destinations
LAX - 37 direct international destinations

Obviously what surprised me more than anything else is LAX being at the bottom of this list, given the volume of international passengers it handles. JFK not being number 1 surprised me a little but I figured YYZ, MIA, and JFK would hold the top 3 spots. YUL holds its own VERY nicely, which speaks to Montreal's diversity, I would say. And YVR pretty much holding its own VERY nicely as well against some behemoth airports in ORD and LAX.

I'll also note that Mexico is considered international for both Canada and U.S. purposes even though for the U.S. it would be 'transborder'. I was basing the transborder definition on how Canada classifies it vis-a-vis the U.S.

SaskOttaLoo Dec 20, 2016 1:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACT7 (Post 7655138)
I was doing a little bit of research and thought it might be interesting to compare the number of international (non-transborder) destinations out of some of Canada's and the U.S.'s major airports. I was actually pretty surprised with some of the results. This data is taken directly off each airport's website and I've included upcoming future routes that I know about, so in some cases the count may be off by a couple based on what's listed on the website.

YYZ - 105 direct international destinations
MIA - 104 direct international destinations (81 of which are to Central and South America)
JFK - 95 direct international destinations
YUL - 87 direct international destinations
ORD - 41 direct international destinations
YVR - 40 direct international destinations
LAX - 37 direct international destinations

Obviously what surprised me more than anything else is LAX being at the bottom of this list, given the volume of international passengers it handles. JFK not being number 1 surprised me a little but I figured YYZ, MIA, and JFK would hold the top 3 spots. YUL holds its own VERY nicely, which speaks to Montreal's diversity, I would say. And YVR pretty much holding its own VERY nicely as well against some behemoth airports in ORD and LAX.

I'll also note that Mexico is considered international for both Canada and U.S. purposes even though for the U.S. it would be 'transborder'. I was basing the transborder definition on how Canada classifies it vis-a-vis the U.S.

Very impressive. How much would it change if it did include transborder?

SaskOttaLoo Dec 20, 2016 1:47 AM

I just discovered that New Leaf has suspended its flights from Saskatoon, Regina and Victoria. Don't recall seeing that get posted on here. Annoying...can't believe how much a YXE-YWG flight is :(.

G.S MTL Dec 20, 2016 3:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaskOttaLoo (Post 7656374)
Very impressive. How much would it change if it did include transborder?

YUL 113 non stop destinations around the world except Canada.