SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Downtown & City of Portland (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Albina Vision / Rose Quarter Redevelopment (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152548)

maccoinnich Jan 28, 2022 6:14 AM

The Design Commission is getting a briefing on the Albina Vision next week. Here's a memo and the supporting documents.

CorbinWarrick Feb 1, 2022 6:34 AM

Off topic but Mac is nextportland still active moving forward?

maccoinnich Feb 1, 2022 5:32 PM

I'm not sure

bvpcvm Feb 1, 2022 5:43 PM

You've done such a fantastic job, it would be a shame to see it go.

CorbinWarrick Feb 1, 2022 7:33 PM

It’s a great site would hate to see it go.. but I can imagine the time it takes.

maccoinnich Feb 15, 2022 8:45 PM

Presentation [200 MB] to the Design and Historic Landmarks Commissions.

maccoinnich Feb 16, 2022 12:25 AM

I think some of your questions might be answered by browsing through the larger package linked here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccoinnich (Post 9517128)
The Design Commission is getting a briefing on the Albina Vision next week. Here's a memo and the supporting documents.

It's worth noting that there are two buildings in the boundaries that are already in development, on parcels M [Albina One] and N [Analog] (ref also pages 6, 19 and 20 of the Site Data Appendix).

I think it's likely that the "Right of First Refusal" referenced in the presentation is Albina Vision Trust's right to buy the PPS Blanchard site, not a reference to who will live in the future developments. With that said, there are policies such as the N/NE Preference policy that are specifically designed to benefit people who have been displaced from N/NE Portland (very disproportionality Black people), while remaining in compliance with the Civil Rights Act.

Lastly... I really don't want to be in the position of moderating a politics forum, so can I ask everyone to please stick to comments that directly relate to this development?

tworivers Feb 16, 2022 2:25 AM

(comment edited by MarkDaMan)

Macco, I agree 100% about staying on topic but you should use your moderator's scalpel and excise bullshit like this; otherwise, you're asking people to stay silent when confronted by manipulative nonsense – something we've never done on this forum, although it was rarely a problem in the old days.

MarkDaMan Feb 16, 2022 4:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tworivers (Post 9538128)
(comment edited by MarkDaMan)

Macco, I agree 100% about staying on topic but you should use your moderator's scalpel and excise bullshit like this; otherwise, you're asking people to stay silent when confronted by manipulative nonsense – something we've never done on this forum, although it was rarely a problem in the old days.

There was a comment that was posted that strayed off the topic of the development of the Albina Vision that I feel is inappropriate for this forum. I have removed the comment and sent a message to the forumer that they are welcome to focus their comment on the development itself and repost, but the first post will be and was deleted.

I am not going to take a scalpel to comments (with the exception of tworivers comment above in order to clean up the thread and provide this explanation) nor will I try and interpret intent of posts. If I believe something is inappropriate I will and have removed the applicable posts (including replies) with a message to the original poster about why their comment was removed. Should a forumer post on topic in the future, no further action is taken. Should a forumer continue to derail or post inappropriate comments for this forum, we do escalate including cutting posting privilege for a period of time and up to expulsion from the forum.

maccoinnich May 27, 2022 4:12 PM

Design Advice Request notice for Albina One, North of 253 N Broadway.