SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | 1000M (1000 S Michigan) | 805 FT | 73 FLOORS | ON HOLD (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218947)

Daprato Rigali Jun 28, 2019 1:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson11 (Post 8618408)
No, it has holes.

I'll show myself out


please don't.

that was actually freaking gold. :cheers:

UPChicago Jun 28, 2019 1:59 PM

We saw soil testers at One Chicago Center some months before construction, although I'm skeptical its an optimistic skepticism.

MorganChi Jun 28, 2019 10:35 PM

Got a response from the people of 1000M they said construction will start soon ( something they been saying the last year ) but a public announcement will be made soon .

BonoboZill4 Jun 28, 2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPChicago (Post 8618686)
We saw soil testers at One Chicago Center some months before construction, although I'm skeptical its an optimistic skepticism.

The only counterpoint is I remember seen soil testing rigs on certain sites pop in and out for years before anything happened. They've test that site already a few times, so I'm slightly confused why they'd need to again. Anyone have insight onto that?

The Lurker Jun 29, 2019 8:26 PM

I was in town this week and got a shot when I passed by.

https://flic.kr/p/2gnehmn

BonoboZill4 Jun 29, 2019 8:48 PM

^ Nice catch

kolchak Jul 1, 2019 2:37 AM

^^
Obviously this is photoshop ...

gebs Jul 1, 2019 9:11 PM

Condo comeback? JK Equities’ Jerry Karlik predicts rebound in condo market


Via The Real Deal

"Karlik wouldn’t provide sales information for either development. But JK is looking to start construction on 1000M later this year and deliver the project in about three years, a spokesperson said."

kazpmk Jul 3, 2019 1:08 AM

That's a great photoshop image if that's the case!

The Lurker Jul 3, 2019 1:49 AM

Lol. I would never joke about something like that. :haha: I just about dropped all my belongings. My friends didn't get it.

rgarri4 Jul 3, 2019 2:11 AM

Doesn't look like Photoshop to me.

Zapatan Jul 3, 2019 2:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgarri4 (Post 8622368)
Doesn't look like Photoshop to me.

Agreed, it looks pretty real :shrug:

Good news? I guess? This one'll remain a mystery for a while I suppose

Steely Dan Jul 3, 2019 3:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazpmk (Post 8622322)
That's a great photoshop image if that's the case!

Yeah, if that's a photoshop, then the lurker needs to go pro pronto.

I wonder why kolchak made the claim. Perhaps a misguided joke?

kolchak Jul 3, 2019 3:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lurker (Post 8622351)
Lol. I would never joke about something like that. :haha: I just about dropped all my belongings. My friends didn't get it.

LOL right?

Steely It was just an expression of shock. Like I don't believe what I see. At least the poster got it

Steely Dan Jul 3, 2019 4:00 AM

^ gotcha.

gebs Jul 3, 2019 1:52 PM

It's 100% real. Walked by it this morning post-run.

The Lurker Jul 3, 2019 5:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolchak (Post 8622413)
LOL right?

Steely It was just an expression of shock. Like I don't believe what I see. At least the poster got it

I knew you were joking by the ellipses (...) fwiw I thought it was funny

Zapatan Jul 4, 2019 12:06 AM

Even if it's real everything about this project is shady... I don't think it will ever happen, it just has an air of illegitimacy about it. Anyone else feel this way?

killaviews Jul 4, 2019 3:24 AM

Redfin has 79 units showing as pending. Out of 421 units. Not sure how accurate of a measure that is.

I don’t think I would buy a unit in a proposed project. It’s a gamble on what the market will look like in 3-4 years. In the last boom every believed they would make money. People aren’t that eager anymore. If you’re buying here you must really love the building and location.

UPChicago Jul 12, 2019 2:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killaviews (Post 8623351)
Redfin has 79 units showing as pending. Out of 421 units. Not sure how accurate of a measure that is.

I don’t think I would buy a unit in a proposed project. It’s a gamble on what the market will look like in 3-4 years. In the last boom every believed they would make money. People aren’t that eager anymore. If you’re buying here you must really love the building and location.

It is pretty accurate, according to the MLS there are 32 units active and 80 units under contract. The most expensive unit under contract was listed at $3.4m, the most expensive unit active is $8.1m, the median list price for units under contract is $705k, and the median list price for units active is $1m.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.