SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mountain West (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Salt Lake International Airport Development Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198980)

wrendog Dec 23, 2013 1:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stenar (Post 6382922)
These look great! I also agree that natural wood and copper ought to be used.

Agreed. Especially copper. That would be very unique and local!

Also, to keep with the local theme, they should incorporate sandstone, granite and stucco.

Stenar Dec 23, 2013 2:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrendog (Post 6382997)
Agreed. Especially copper. That would be very unique and local!

Also, to keep with the local theme, they should incorporate sandstone, granite and stucco.

Some of the exterior looks like it's either stone or fake stone. It'd be nice if they included sandstone. Granite would break up the almost too much orange-red in the interior.

N830MH Dec 24, 2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrendog (Post 6381359)
Wow... 3 more cities. Alaska is really coming on strong! Don't be surprised to see some hawaii/mexico flights too.

I don't think they have enough range to reaching in Hawaii. It was out of range. I think you have wait for 737-8MAX/9MAX to come online. The entire 737-8MAX/9MAX has more capabilities, more fuel-efficient, and increased the range. Those 737MAX have to be ETOPS overwater certification by FAA approved.

Plaid Shirts Jan 16, 2014 3:21 AM

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=28372944&nid...&s_cid=queue-1

Delta to expand services, operations at SLC International Airport

New route between SLC and Milwaukee (Delta)
New route between SLC and Houston Hobby begins in June (Southwest)
Also all the new routes and expanded service from SLC on Alaska Airlines begins in early and mid June. Alaska will be asking the airport for maybe an additional gate, as well as for a reopening of the "S" gates. With that, does anyone know where the "S" gates are located?

skyguy414 Feb 7, 2014 3:29 PM

Delta president Ed Bastian spoke to the SLC airport board a few weeks ago. Some highlights of his presentation to the board were:

- SLC is the fastest growing local market among all Delta hub cities.
- SLC is and will continue to be the primary gateway to the Mountain West.
- Delta plans to increase seat capacity 8% over the next five years in SLC.
- Number of flights will increase 1-2%
- To increase capacity, larger aircraft will be used and smaller regional aircraft flights will be reduced.
- New destinations will be added (TBA)
- Delta is fully comitted to the development of the new terminal.

shakman Feb 7, 2014 4:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy414 (Post 6441358)
Delta president Ed Bastian spoke to the SLC airport board a few weeks ago. Some highlights of his presentation to the board were:

- SLC is the fastest growing local market among all Delta hub cities.
- SLC is and will continue to be the primary gateway to the Mountain West.
- Delta plans to increase seat capacity 8% over the next five years in SLC.
- Number of flights will increase 1-2%
- To increase capacity, larger aircraft will be used and smaller regional aircraft flights will be reduced.
- New destinations will be added (TBA)
- Delta is fully comitted to the development of the new terminal.

I wonder how the battle between Delta and Alaska Airlines at SLC will effect the numbers above. Any thoughts?

SLC Projects Feb 7, 2014 5:38 PM

Notice there's a new building that has gone up by the west runway near the road as you're leaving. Not sure what it is. Has anybody also notice it?

Plaid Shirts Feb 7, 2014 5:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 6441461)
I wonder how the battle between Delta and Alaska Airlines at SLC will effect the numbers above. Any thoughts?

I think it can only be a good thing. Alaska Air has a good presence on the west coast. So with them adding Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, Boise, San Francisco, San Jose, Portland, and an increase in Seattle will only help their loyal customers get to SLC and beyond.

Alaska is using Delta's SLC hub to their advantage. They can use their own planes to get people to SLC, but can then rely on Delta to do the rest.

As far as additional cities added to SLC on Delta, I think maybe some cities we can look at are Milwaukee, Santa Barbara, Columbus, Santa Fe, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Bellingham, and maybe even seasonal service to London-Heathrow (to begin in Spring/Summer 2015). I think Paris and London service can coexist in SLC.

As far as new airlines coming to SLC...
I can see Spirit Airlines adding service, especially now that they want to start adding skiing/winter packages.
Hawaiian Airlines, maybe when they get their A321NEO's, they could add Honolulu.
Long shot, but maybe WestJet adding Vancouver service to take advantage of the deal they have with Delta(yes, I already know Delta serves Vancouver from SLC).
Also another long shot, but maybe even Condor offering a seasonal flight from Frankfurt. The Germans love Utah, and Condor seems like an airline that could offer good deals.

skyguy414 Feb 7, 2014 8:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 6441461)

The battle is much stronger in Seattle than in Salt Lake. One thing Alaska doesn't have is adequate gate space or other facilities to handle more flights. It still remains to be seen how they are going to operate the ones they are currently planning. That is simply because there really are no more gates to be had right now at peak times of the day. They are trying to acquire additional gates or arrange with other airlines to use theirs. So any additional flights they add will have to be at times there is a gate open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLC Projects (Post 6441603)
Notice there's a new building that has gone up by the west runway near the road as you're leaving. Not sure what it is. As anybody also notice it?

The building you are referring to is part of the new de-ice pad development. It will be used by personnel who de-ice aircraft and the coordination of de-ice procedures. There is a similar new building just south of the other new deuce pad built in the center area of the airport.

N830MH Mar 8, 2014 5:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts (Post 6441624)
As far as additional cities added to SLC on Delta, I think maybe some cities we can look at are Milwaukee, Santa Barbara, Columbus, Santa Fe, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Bellingham, and maybe even seasonal service to London-Heathrow (to begin in Spring/Summer 2015). I think Paris and London service can coexist in SLC.

I think you will see SLC-AMS/FRA/ICN/PVG/PEK. You will hear it. Delta hasn't reinstated SLC-NRT for a several years. Delta hasn't reinstating nonstop FLL-SLC, but it is no longer existed.

Quote:

As far as new airlines coming to SLC...
I can see Spirit Airlines adding service, especially now that they want to start adding skiing/winter packages.
Hawaiian Airlines, maybe when they get their A321NEO's, they could add Honolulu.

I have doubt it. They will consider it. Hawaiian will come SLC in 2017 right after A321NEO is delivered. A321NEO has more capabilities, more fuel-efficient, and increase the range, as well.

And for Spirit. Right now, there is no direct flight from FLL-SLC. There is lots construction going on lately. FLL terminal 4 is underway renovated. You won't see Spirit to come SLC for a while. There is no gate space available. It's full. A new second runway will open sometime in September 2014. They will start growth again.

Quote:

Long shot, but maybe WestJet adding Vancouver service to take advantage of the deal they have with Delta(yes, I already know Delta serves Vancouver from SLC).

I don't think gonna happen anytime soon. Right now, there is no gate space available. The gate space is tight.

Quote:

Also another long shot, but maybe even Condor offering a seasonal flight from Frankfurt. The Germans love Utah, and Condor seems like an airline that could offer good deals.

I agree with you. They will consider it. I'm sure those people will find a cheap ticket. I'm pretty sure that they will come to Utah. It will be good time to come SLC for winter time.

ToysNoiz Mar 8, 2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

I'm just curious, what would be an advantage to adding smaller cites? Besides more traffic and diversity.

I've never been to Santa Barbara, all I know is it's beautiful. I've never been to Santa Fe, Tampa, or Ft. Lauderdale. And all I know about Bellingham is that most of the population is college kids and that Death Cab for Cutie was formed there.

delts145 Mar 9, 2014 12:48 AM

Adding a lot of popular destination/second home markets to Salt Lake City Int. would be an excellent sign of it's increasing hub importance. Like Park City, Santa Barbara and Santa Fe get a lot of tourist traffic. It would be excellent to see Salt Lake City becoming a preferred hub. I would imagine that the pressure to get the new airport completed ahead of schedule is an issue now.

SLC Projects Mar 14, 2014 12:08 AM

Last night after leaving work I notice a construction trailer placed on a empty parking lot ( east of where the toll booths are ) as your leaving the airport handing west. Could this be the start of the staging area for the major airport redevelopment? :shrug:

SLC Projects Mar 14, 2014 4:33 PM

Ok, so now there's two trailers set up. Somthing's going on.

joscar Mar 18, 2014 5:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLC Projects (Post 6494359)
Ok, so now there's two trailers set up. Somthing's going on.

Looks like they're taking core samples. And yes they are beginning to set up construction offices!

http://www.slcairport.com/TRP-Progress_Gallery.asp

Also Big-D Construction/Holder Construction, who will be constructing the new airport have put together a website. It doesn't tell us anything new, but it may in the future!

http://www.hdjvteam.com/

wrendog Mar 18, 2014 5:10 PM

Seems like we should have seen full renderings of the new airport by now. Wonder what's up?

StevenF Mar 18, 2014 5:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joscar (Post 6499311)
Looks like they're taking core samples. And yes they are beginning to set up construction offices!

http://www.slcairport.com/TRP-Progress_Gallery.asp

Also Big-D Construction/Holder Construction, who will be constructing the new airport have put together a website. It doesn't tell us anything new, but it may in the future!

http://www.hdjvteam.com/

Projects, can you post that construction link to the first post?

Plaid Shirts Mar 18, 2014 5:27 PM

According to early renderings, I think the new SLC airport terminal is going to be very similar in style, layout, and design, to Detroit's McNamara terminal. That terminal houses Air France and all Delta flights.

If you haven't seen the McNamara airport terminal or its design and layout, definitely check it out. I would expect SLC's airport terminal to look similar to that...obviously smaller and fit to the size and demand that SLC handles.

Old&New Mar 18, 2014 5:46 PM

:previous:

Why smaller? I understood that Salt Lake City International Airport was already a very busy Airport, and it wouldn't make sense to not build a terminal large enough to accommodate future growth.

delts145 Mar 18, 2014 5:50 PM

Agree Old&New, The prognosis for the current and future traffic of SLC Int. is better than most hubs, particularly Detroit. If all of those renderings on the previous page are any indication, then not only is Salt Lake's future airport going to be impressive, it will also be one of the most attractively warm and inviting. I love the design and materials direction they're heading toward.

delts145 Mar 18, 2014 6:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrendog (Post 6499333)
Seems like we should have seen full renderings of the new airport by now. Wonder what's up?

Hopefully Skyguy will chime in soon. He always seems to have a handle on the specifics, when it comes to the airport.

Plaid Shirts Mar 18, 2014 6:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old&New (Post 6499406)

Why smaller? I understood that Salt Lake City International Airport was already a very busy Airport, and it wouldn't make sense to not build a terminal large enough to accommodate future growth.

Because Delta has a say in the future of the SLC terminal. Even though they are "committed" to SLC, I really do not expect a lot more future growth from Delta in SLC. Delta has actually been downsizing SLC by small amount while Delta has been building up Seattle and LAX. Also you have to consider what is going on with Delta and Alaska Air right now and how that could hurt SLC in the future.

Detroit (DTW) is Delta's second largest hub, only behind Atlanta. So that obviously means DTW needs a larger terminal than SLC. SLC is Delta's 5th largest hub. Here is a comparison of the Delta hubs in DTW and SLC. DTW has a separate terminal for all other airlines other than Delta and Air France. Also you have to remember that the majority of the passengers going through SLC are connecting, not staying or leaving SLC (O&D passengers, is what they are called in the industry).

Delta flights only:

Daily departures:
DTW: 450
SLC: 243

Destinations served:
DTW: 132
SLC: 86

Gates (Delta only):
DTW: 121
SLC: 65

Average yearly passengers (all airlines):
DTW has 32 million passengers total
SLC has 19 million passengers total (declined since the previous year).

I believe 2006 was SLC's highest passenger count at around 23 million. Since then, ever year it has been declining in SLC. So actually SLC has been shrinking, not growing.

SLC obviously has a lot fewer passengers than DTW. With that, expect the SLC terminal to be a lot smaller than DTW. DTW also plays a bigger role and is more important to Delta than SLC is on a grand scale, regardless of what delts145 says.

I also hope the new terminal has a warm, welcoming feeling to it.

wrendog Mar 18, 2014 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old&New (Post 6499406)

Smaller than DTW, for sure. Mcnamara has 121 gates, the new SLC terminal will have 75 (all with jetbridges, which is an increase of about 25 from what we have now). But remember, the future has plans for another island terminal (north terminal) when the need finally arises.

Plaid Shirts Mar 18, 2014 8:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrendog (Post 6499557)
Smaller than DTW, for sure. Mcnamara has 121 gates, the new SLC terminal will have 75 (all with jetbridges, which is an increase of about 25 from what we have now). But remember, the future has plans for another island terminal (north terminal) when the need finally arises.

That is true. But the north concourse is planned about 50-60 years after the main terminal is complete, which is planned to be done around 2026 I believe.

wrendog Mar 18, 2014 8:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts (Post 6499789)
That is true. But the north concourse is planned about 50-60 years after the main terminal is complete, which is planned to be done around 2026 I believe.

There is no planned date for the north terminal. It will happen when it is needed (which may be 20 years, 30 years, 50 years, we don't know)

SLC Projects Mar 18, 2014 8:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenF (Post 6499353)
Projects, can you post that construction link to the first post?

Done :tup:

Future Mayor Mar 19, 2014 3:00 AM

Plaid Shirts, what year was your 19 million and 32 million data from?

The most recent data that ACI Airports Council International has is 2011. Which has SLC listed at 20 million, and Detroit at 32

Plaid Shirts Mar 19, 2014 3:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Mayor (Post 6500399)
Plaid Shirts, what year was your 19 million and 32 million data from?

The most recent data that ACI Airports Council International has is 2011. Which has SLC listed at 20 million, and Detroit at 32

I got my info from the RITA|BTS|Transtats government website.
http://www.transtats.bts.gov/airport...=1&Airport=SLC

It was from 2013. Above is the link to the government website. SLC's passenger count (if you wanted an even more accurate round off) for 2013 was actually 18,932,000...I obviously just rounded to 19 million.

This is actually a fun website to mess around with. You can pull up any commercial airport's numbers in the United States, as well as in Utah. The Utah airports you can check out are SLC, St. George, Provo, Ogden, Cedar City, Vernal, and Moab.

Future Mayor Mar 19, 2014 3:45 AM

That really is an interesting website.

Plaid Shirts Mar 19, 2014 5:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Mayor (Post 6500461)
That really is an interesting website.

Yep. One of my favorites.

Zionide Mar 19, 2014 4:41 PM

Salt Lake City airport again leads nation in on-time performance

skyguy414 Mar 20, 2014 2:55 AM

I haven't visited in a few weeks. Sorry.

- The TRP (Terminal Development Project) is progressing. The trailers located out in the parking lot areas are indeed housing temporary offices for the project and more will come. A lot of stuff is going on behind the scenes right now. Stay tuned.

- There are "finalized" renderings of the new terminal, yes. I quote finalized because these are subject to minor tweaks here and there. There are regular meetings between the architecture firm, the airport, and tenants to discuss things that need to be changed or would like to be seen in the project. The previous renderings I posted earlier are for the most part, firm. More renderings will be released as the project continues.

- Keep in mind phase I of the new terminal includes just the south concourse and terminal building. The adjacent north satellite concourse will be built down the road and will add plenty more gates as phase II. Phase II will happen much sooner than you think. Square footage will however increase quite a bit, even just with phase I (because of multiple levels, etc.)

- The new terminal will feature gates that will accommodate a wide variety of aircraft. Where the current terminal has different sized gates for different sized aircraft, the new terminal will allow the gates to be more flexible in their use. So smaller regional jet type aircraft will be able to use the same gates large wide-body aircraft use and vice-versa (with a few exceptions). This results in fewer gates but higher utilization per gate, better efficiency, and lower costs. And again, the north concourse will be able to double the gates phase 1 includes.

- While the number of Delta flights has indeed decreased over the last few years, the number of seats offered has stayed about the same or increased a little. This is because Delta is reintroducing larger aircraft to markets previously served with smaller regional jets. A destination which may have previously had five daily flights may now only have three but because of more seats per flight, there are the same or maybe even more seats total offered. This is happening nationwide. Delta is fully committed to the TRP program and has a very strong voice in the development process. Many of Delta's corporate team including the CEO were in SLC just a couple weeks ago.

-SLC is the preferred hub for many of Delta's frequent travelers to connect in. It is a reliable and efficient hub (#1 on-time airport in the country). SLC also has a very high percentage of Delta premium travelers living here and that results in higher yield on Delta's investment here compared to most cities.

-While Seattle has been a focus for Delta lately, this hasn't affected the SLC operation and still remains to be seen if it will work for Delta or not. They certainly do not have enough gates in Seattle to build a sizable operation there like SLC nor is there much more space (if any) available there. Delta is committed to SLC and has said in their own words SLC is their fastest growing hub market (seen the most demand growth lately) and they will respond in the coming years with more seats added to the SLC market. (See my previous post)

- Not just Delta is committed to this project, all the airlines of the airport are on board with the project and growth from other airlines continues.

- Numbers/stats (passengers, destinations, flights, new airlines, etc) will likely stay somewhat stagnant/increase only slightly for a while. The lack of space to lease to airlines and the overcrowding is a large reason for this. The demand in SLC is increasing. This can be seen with the growing percentage of origin/destination passengers vs. connecting passengers. Load factors (percentage of seats filled) are also higher than they have ever been. It will be very challenging over the next few years trying to accommodate the current and near-future demand. The airport is very crowded right now.

Thanks for the interest! Again, while it may seem like not much is happening right now, a lot is going on behind the scenes and as time goes on the airport will become more of a messy construction site. I will try to keep posting what I know.

Plaid Shirts Mar 20, 2014 3:51 AM

deleted

SLC Projects Mar 20, 2014 5:21 AM

Who cares what Seattle is doing. You always have to go out of your way to find other cities that one up us don't you?

Plaid Shirts Mar 20, 2014 5:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLC Projects (Post 6502310)
Who cares what Seattle is doing. You always have to go out of your way to find other cities that one up us don't you?

Nope. I am just pointing out the other side of the story. There are two sides to every story and I am pointing out that Seattle is actually taking passenger traffic away from Delta's SLC hub....regardless of what people believe or want to hear. Seattle is slowly becoming Delta's main western hub, and this has an impact on SLC.

Actually people in Utah should care what Delta is doing up in Seattle because obviously Delta has a major impact on the economy in SLC and Utah. If Delta decides to do a full hub in SEA, expect SLC to be extremely downsized, or even dehubbed, and financially hurt because of that. Like I said with the future bookings out of SEA, the SEA impact on SLC is already starting to happen.

wrendog Mar 20, 2014 6:09 AM

SLC is safer than you want to admit, plaid.

SLC will be just fine. Skyguy knows his stuff.

justiny Mar 20, 2014 6:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts (Post 6502325)
If Delta decides to do a full hub in SEA, expect SLC to be extremely downsized, or even dehubbed, and financially hurt because of that.

Based on the website you provided, Delta has a 46% share of SLC vs 10% share of Sea-Tac. I understand Sea-Tac is bigger, but not by much, and certainly not enough for Delta to "dehub" SLC.

SLC is the perfect hub and spoke airport with equal distribution to nearly every western city in the U.S... A big reason why Delta bought out Western Airlines in the late 80's. LAX and SLC were the two main hubs for Western at that time... Delta phased out LAX and built on SLC.

Why would Delta dismantle a major hub in SLC of over 27 years for a gamble in Seattle? I honestly don't understand your use of "scare" words like "extremely downsized", "dehubbed", and my favorite... "financially hurt".

:titanic:

SLC isn't Memphis. Delta isn't going anywhere.

Plaid Shirts Mar 20, 2014 6:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrendog (Post 6502345)
SLC is safer than you want to admit, plaid.

SLC will be just fine. Skyguy knows his stuff.

Yes, Skyguy does know his stuff. But his information is coming from one side of the topic. :)

Hahaha, um... actually it's not as safe as you think wrendog. Trust me, I work for Delta here in their SLC office. I am working close to the Delta buildup in SEA and I am also well informed with what Delta truly has in mind for SLC in the future. So I know exactly what is going on. :rolleyes: :)

US Airways said Pittsburgh was safe...
American said St. Louis was safe...
Delta said Memphis was safe...
United said Cleveland was safe...
American said Nashville was safe...
American said San Jose was safe...

Those cities all got dehubbed even though the airlines said they were safe. Pittsburgh actually got approval and financial help from US Airways when they were a hub and when they were building their new airport terminal. Years later, US Airways pulled the plug on its Pittsburgh hub and now their terminal is pretty much a ghost town. Just saying. :tup:

Anytime an airline has to reaffirm people that a hub is safe from being dehubbed is never a good sign. Delta is saying SLC is safe and they are committed. I hope SLC is not dehubbed, but you just never know. The airline industry in constantly changing. What ever is going on and what ever happens between Delta and Alaska Airlines is going to have a major impact on SLC. That impact could be good or it could be bad. Hopefully it's a good thing. :cheers:

skyguy414 Mar 20, 2014 6:40 AM

So are you saying what the president of your company, the president of Delta, said to the airport board of directors (that SLC will see approximately an 8% growth in seat capacity over the next several years) that it was a lie?

CofIKid Mar 20, 2014 6:46 AM

Delta Expanding SLC

My several sources that work at Delta, confirmed the build up of SEA, but also the expansion of Delta Services at SLC. That the intention is for Delta to better serve international flights having a west coast hub and some domestic market share that would be better served from SEA, and also be better able to compete against United and American.

SLC is a very profitable hub for Delta, and a natural hub to serve the mountain west, without much competition. Delta is expanding service by at least 8% over the next 3 years, and making the hub an all two class operation.

Plaid Shirts Mar 20, 2014 6:58 AM

That is true. Delta is simply adding seats and replacing smaller aircraft with larger ones out of SLC. My opinion and what I am looking at is down the road in about 15 years or so. Obviously Delta isn't going to dehub within the next 1-12 years (the time between now and when the new terminal will be built). I believe Delta would not make that big of a commitment to an airport to only drastically downsize it or dehub it. I am sure they have, and are still learning that lesson, thanks to Cincinnati. :haha:

If you look at the history of the US aviation industry, mergers and buyouts happen every 15-20 years between the major airlines. I personally think that around 2030, the US will have even less airlines. By that time Delta could have a full on hub in Seattle thanks to Alaska Airlines or by their own personal growth. SLC, SEA, and DEN are going to see major changes when it comes to hub status and what airlines actually call those airports hubs.

I am not calling anyone a liar. Duh. :cool:

justiny Mar 20, 2014 7:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts (Post 6502358)
Trust me, I work for Delta here in their SLC office. I am working close to the Delta buildup in SEA and I am also well informed with what Delta truly has in mind for SLC in the future.

The old saying remains true...

Those who know, don't speak. And those who speak don't know.

Plaid, as much as I appreciate the dialogue and your "two sides to every story" bit, you're bordering on troll territory and you clearly have an agenda to deliver here that no one is buying.

skyguy414 Mar 20, 2014 7:09 AM

Well for being someone who tends to look much further into the future in the airline industry, you seem to be looking way too near-term for this new venture in Seattle. Much of which is just in the planning stages (most of the flights haven't even commenced yet and haven't proven they will be succesful). You seem very quick and keen on its success and at SLC's disadvantage theory.

I am not against Delta developing a hub in Seattle. But they haven't even done it yet. Most of these routes/flights haven't even started yet and it is too early to say if they will be successful or not. Even if they are successful in developing a a Seattle hub, SLC and SEA could operate separately as hubs just fine.

Plaid Shirts Mar 20, 2014 7:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy414 (Post 6502379)
Well for being someone who tends to look much further into the future in the airline industry, you seem to be looking way too near-term for this new venture in Seattle. Much of which is just in the planning stages (most of the flights haven't even commenced yet and haven't proven they will be succesful). You seem very quick and keen on its success and at SLC's disadvantage theory.

I am not against Delta developing a hub in Seattle. But they haven't even done it yet. Most of these routes/flights haven't even started yet and it is too early to say if they will be successful or not. Even if they are successful in developing a a Seattle hub, SLC and SEA could operate separately as hubs just fine.

Well I apologize if you feel that way. I am completely done with this forum. It is nothing but drama and people getting butt hurt with whatever I say.

Adios, you all! :notacrook: #richardnixon

CofIKid Mar 20, 2014 7:25 AM

Best Day Ever!

justiny Mar 20, 2014 7:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts (Post 6502380)
I am completely done with this forum. It is nothing but drama and people getting butt hurt with whatever I say.

Don't feed the troll.

Plaid Shirts Mar 20, 2014 7:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justiny (Post 6502386)
Don't feed the troll.

My reign of terror is officially over.

It was real ya'll, but not real fun. :haha:

:runaway:

:titanic:

delts145 Mar 20, 2014 1:37 PM

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks................................................................................................................................................................................................ :fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

jedikermit Mar 20, 2014 3:06 PM

SkyGuy,

Thanks for the information. Good to know that work is progressing behind the scenes, even if we can't see it from here. :cheers:

tygr Mar 20, 2014 3:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts (Post 6502380)

:koko:

#SighOfRelief