SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

begratto Oct 29, 2015 2:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoDrew (Post 7214529)
I never knew QC had such a tiny airport.

Montreal is only 2 1/2 hours away, so for international flights most people just drive to Montreal.

Also, people who live in Quebec City (and Quebec in general) have little need for travel within Canada : most of their friends and family live within the province, and within driving distance. A 6-7 hours drive probably allows you to reach 90% of the population. For business, there is a LOT of travel between Quebec City and Montreal, but it's so close that few people travel by plane.

SkahHigh Oct 29, 2015 2:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by begratto (Post 7215669)
Montreal is only 2 1/2 hours away, so for international flights most people just drive to Montreal.

Also, people who live in Quebec City (and Quebec in general) have little need for travel within Canada : most of their friends and family live within the province, and within driving distance. A 6-7 hours drive probably allows you to reach 90% of the population. For business, there is a LOT of travel between Quebec City and Montreal, but it's so close that few people travel by plane.

This is a trend observable in all of Quebec. Just look at YUL which has less domestic PAX numbers than international.

My dad's family is from New Brunswick; they're scattered all across Canada. My mom's family is from Quebec; they're all concentrated in the Montreal area.

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 5:19 PM

Here is the schedule I did for YUL! took me quite some time gathering all the info! I even made it fancy with the airline logos.. hehehe... if anyone has any updates please tell me so I can edit... For royal air maroc I put 7/10 because they have a weird schedule.. sometimes 2 daily and sometimes 1 daily... also they switch aircraft quite often. Air Algerie also has a weird schedule. Last summer I noticed that on some days they had 2 daily but I will keep it at 7 weekly for now. Swiss Interntional Airlines is going to be using a B773 for 2016 ! glad to see a different aircraft. They currently use an A333. I did not include Aeromexico to Mexico city which is 1 daily from YUL. As for Air Transat, some destinations have A332/A333 as aircraft type so I just put A330. Lufthansa has downgraded the flight to Munich from 7 to 6 weekly next summer but they will being using a modified A333 with 20 extra seats onboard. Here are the flights!.

http://s3.postimg.org/tg6nrgk4j/yul.jpg
http://s3.postimg.org/tg6nrgk4j/yul.jpg

Denscity Oct 29, 2015 6:38 PM

And alphabetical even impressive chart. That musta taken a long time!

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 6:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denscity (Post 7216058)
And alphabetical even impressive chart. That musta taken a long time!

hahah it did!!!! but its worth it :)

Bigtime Oct 29, 2015 6:53 PM

So, so jealous of all those international tails at YUL.

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtime (Post 7216096)
So, so jealous of all those international tails at YUL.

hehehe and Sundays is where the majority of those airlines come to YUL :) so international jetty is fully occupied. The international jetty with 6 new gates will be completed by 2016.

SkahHigh Oct 29, 2015 7:31 PM

Great work G.S!

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 7:34 PM

Thanks!

Bourkky Oct 29, 2015 7:47 PM

G.S MTL, you forgot Rome with Rouge.

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourkky (Post 7216201)
G.S MTL, you forgot Rome with Rouge.

Damn!! Ur right.!! I thought I had it I'll edit. is it daily? I think so....

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 8:27 PM

I just checked it! its daily YUL-FCO

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 8:37 PM

pretty cool we have like 58 weekly flights a week to Paris during the summer months!!

SFUVancouver Oct 29, 2015 8:38 PM

Wonderful list! Thanks for the hard work!

I had no idea that Air Transat was such a major player in YUL. That's an astonishing set of destinations for a charter airline.

I flew through YUL this summer outbound and returning to Geneva on Air Canada (code-shared and sold as Swiss).

SkahHigh Oct 29, 2015 8:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFUVancouver (Post 7216279)
Wonderful list! Thanks for the hard work!

I had no idea that Air Transat was such a major player in YUL. That's an astonishing set of destinations for a charter airline.

I flew through YUL this summer outbound and returning to Geneva on Air Canada (code-shared and sold as Swiss).

Transat is a great airline; cheap tickets, interesting destinations, comfortable... Since WestJet is so low key at YUL, AT took advantage.

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 8:53 PM

But then again WestJet until only recently acquired some 767s. But nonetheless they are low key here. I actually was a little surprised at the destinations Transat offers from Montreal... I mean I knew they had flights to many European destinations but I didn't know there were multiple flights a week for certain destinations. Example Lisbon they are increasing from 3 to 4 flights a week. In 2014 I believe they had 1 or 2 flights to Lisbon.. anyway they are a great airline! good service. affordable... just what SkahHigh said!

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 8:57 PM

Video Link

Johnny Aussie Oct 29, 2015 9:37 PM

That is a well presented list!

Good luck to anyone attempting YYZ....

Leftcoaster? Up for the challenge.

YVR, YYC and YEG will need to be updated again after the last few days happenings.

G.S MTL Oct 29, 2015 9:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie (Post 7216366)
That is a well presented list!

Good luck to anyone attempting YYZ....

Leftcoaster? Up for the challenge.

YVR, YYC and YEG will need to be updated again after the last few days happenings.

thank u!! it did take me awhile for sure! :)YYZ would take a while hahah....maybe 2 people can work on it and help each other with the info.

DrNest Oct 30, 2015 1:36 AM

I'm working on one for CYYZ. I have airlines and aircraft used, but not done destinations and frequencies yet.