SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Basketball in Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=219504)

Gerrard Jan 31, 2016 3:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319562)
BTW the most popular sport in Canada in terms of paid annual attendance is actually CHL junior hockey. Attendance is over 7 million a year. More than all of the Canadian NHL teams combined, more than the CFL, the Raptors, the Blue Jays. More than anyone.

But how much CHL coverage is there in the national media? A bit during the Memorial Cup and that's about it.

On the other hand we get TSN Sports Radio often doing like I heard them in the fall, giving us those critical early season NCAA basketball scores. UConn beat Boston College at the buzzer on Oct. 15. Woohoo!

They give the scores because people gamble on the games. I have a suggestion: Start a thread about CHL junior hockey. Or start a thread about how TSN doesn't represent homegrown sports.

Acajack Jan 31, 2016 3:05 PM

I get CHCH out of Hamilton on my cable package.

They have or at least had this sports talk show.

The lineup of topics is very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aa1RB7wMjk

Acajack Jan 31, 2016 3:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerrard (Post 7319564)
They give the scores because people gamble on the games.

I'd like to know if there are 7 million individual bets placed on NCAA basketball in a given year in Canada.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerrard (Post 7319564)
I have a suggestion: Start a thread about CHL junior hockey. Or start a thread about how TSN doesn't represent homegrown sports.

You kind of have a point but I've never been into Thread Nazism. The discussion goes where the discussion goes.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 3:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319525)
What's telling about the article on the Ravens is the reporter asks if they should join the NCAA!

I recall someone talking about this once (maybe on PTS) and it is a very involved and next to impossible procedure.

I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me but IIRC this person said you have to have at least ten sports (both men's and women's) to be eligible for the NCAA. How Simon Fraser has done it for the longest time I don't know, but weren't they in the NCAA and then into the CIS or CIAU and back into NCAA again.

Again, I don't know if I have this correct.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 3:29 PM

Funny how when I watched basketball as a kid Laurentian and Lakehead were big teams. Then Lakehead when into the tank and were resurrected by Scott Morrison. Lakehead is not one of those universities that has a lot of exposure nationally (and I lived in Thunder Bay) so for them to have a good program shows the importance of good recruiting.

It would be really interesting if they could come up with a CIS Super League.

Acajack Jan 31, 2016 3:29 PM

For the record, local sports radio stations in Ottawa and Montreal (in English) are just as bad. They heavily cover what they consider the worthy local teams (Sens and Redblacks in Ottawa, but really only the Habs in Montreal), and the NHL in general, and then mainstream American stuff as the ''national'' sports diet.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 3:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerrard (Post 7319563)
Yeah that's exactly it. I thought this was a thread about basketball?

It is, and we're talking about Canadian basketball and not the Raptors which is probably pissing some people off who think basketball in Canada started with the Raptors, so be it.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 3:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319578)
For the record, local sports radio stations in Ottawa and Montreal (in English) are just as bad. They heavily cover what they consider the worthy local teams (Sens and Redblacks in Ottawa, but really only the Habs in Montreal), and the NHL in general, and then mainstream American stuff as the ''national'' sports diet.

You know, I'd love to start an online program catering to Canadian sports, there is an audience that is thirsting for it. They want to know about colleges they are aware of and people they know and knew.

What really bothers me is by giving air time to American college sports (cheaper to pick up feed) that for the most part people don't care about (excepting once a year MM) that they are building an audience just by it being regularly exposed. It becomes the norm and because Canadian college sports aren't exposed then they become "bush league" because they are not aired thus being deemed not worthy of airing.

Berklon Jan 31, 2016 3:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319579)
It is, and we're talking about Canadian basketball and not the Raptors which is probably pissing some people off who think basketball in Canada started with the Raptors, so be it.

A snippet of the first post from the thread-starter:

Quote:

Originally Posted by middeljohn (Post 7223910)
The other sports have threads, so I'm starting one for basketball.

Fresh off beating the Thunder in OKC on a second night of a back to back, the Raptors are now 5-0. In the 12 years watching the Raptors, this is the best I've ever seen them play.

So, no... this thread is about "Basketball in Canada" which includes the Raptors because (big surprise) it's basketball being played in Canada. If the discussion of the Raptors pisses you off, so be it. Maybe you should just ignore those Raptors posts or this thread altogether? If you wan't, you can start a thread entitled "Canadian Basketball" or "Canadian Basketball Leagues and Players". The original poster set the discussion of this thread. Stop trying to take over every thread and shove your agenda down everyone's throat.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berklon (Post 7319589)
So, no... this thread is about "Basketball in Canada" which includes the Raptors because (big surprise) it's basketball being played in Canada. If the discussion of the Raptors pisses you off, so be it. Maybe you should just ignore those Raptors posts or this thread altogether? If you wan't, you can start a thread entitled "Canadian Basketball" or "Canadian Basketball Leagues and Players".

It doesn't piss me off, the title is Basketball in Canada and that includes more than just the Raptors. I figured the American wannabes like yourself might appreciate a little educating on what is going on in this country that you likely ignored. The Raps are just another foreign league team to me (with players whom I cannot relate to) so I have no interest in them.

I guess I'll just keep posting on the many things that are non Raptor related regarding "Basketball in Canada". Sorry if it offends you.

Acajack Jan 31, 2016 3:53 PM

Yes we all know how much the Raptors are in danger of becoming an afterthought, submerged by all the incessant and ubiquitous chatter on the Carleton Ravens and Halifax Windjammers.

Berklon Jan 31, 2016 3:53 PM

Back on topic:

The Raptors won their 11th in a row! They've now tied the Jays for the longest streak streak in Toronto. They have a decent chance of breaking the record - they face the Denver Nuggets who are a 0.375 team... although the Raptors lost to them last month.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319597)
Yes we all know how much the Raptors are in danger of becoming an afterthought, submerged by all the incessant and ubiquitous chatter on the Carleton Ravens and Halifax Windjammers.

Some of their rating numbers aren't even good for the GTA let alone the ROC. But like the Jays if they get a good run people jump on the bandwagon.

Berklon Jan 31, 2016 4:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319596)
It doesn't piss me off, the title is Basketball in Canada and that includes more than just the Raptors. I figured the American wannabes like yourself might appreciate a little educating on what is going on in this country that you likely ignored. The Raps are just another foreign league team to me so I have no interest in them.

No one is stopping non-NBA/Raptors basketball from being discussed... just accept the fact that if people want to discuss the Raptors more.

And STFU with the "American wannabe" nonsense. You have a very narrow definition of it if watching a single American league over a Canadian one is how you define it. By your definition, anyone who watches an American film over a Canadian one is an "American wannabe".

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berklon (Post 7319608)
No one is stopping non-NBA/Raptors basketball from being discussed... just accept the fact that if people want to discuss the Raptors more.

And STFU with the "American wannabe" nonsense. You have a very narrow definition of it if watching a single American league over a Canadian one is how you define it. By your definition, anyone who watches an American film over a Canadian one is an "American wannabe".

Well people seem to want to discuss the Canadian scene more than the Raptors so far in this thread. As for the wannabe thing you have a long history of denigrating things Canadian in this forum so by your definition instead of denigrating those things if you prefer American culture, perhaps you should then just STFU.

Draw results in for FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments to Rio 2016
Press Release 26/01/2016

Draw results in for FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments to Rio 2016
Officials Draws for the 2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments for Men and Women

MIES, Switzerland (2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments for Men and Women) - The Officials Draws for the 2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments for Men and Women to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games took place at the House of Basketball, FIBA's Headquarters, on Tuesday evening.

Here are the results of the draws.

2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments (OQTs)

OQT Belgrade (Serbia) - Group A: 1. Serbia; 2. Angola; 3. Puerto Rico | Group B: 1. Japan; 2. Czech Republic; 3. Latvia.

OQT Manila (Philippines) - Group A: 1. Turkey; 2. Senegal; 3. Canada | Group B: 1. France; 2. New Zealand; 3. Philippines.

OQT Turin (Italy) - Group A: 1. Greece; 2. Mexico; 3. Iran | Group B: 1. Tunisia; 2. Croatia; 3. Italy.

Acajack Jan 31, 2016 4:07 PM

BTW I actually like watching NFL and NCAA football. I just don't think the spotlight should be solely on them and squeeze everything else out in a country where they have no teams.

Acajack Jan 31, 2016 4:09 PM

I also would say that most CIS basketball fans across Canada are Raptors fans as well.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 4:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319611)
I just don't think the spotlight should be solely on them and squeeze everything else out in a country where they have no teams.

Agree

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 4:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319612)
I also would say that most CIS basketball fans across Canada are Raptors fans as well.

Don't know about that re Raptor fans vs other NBA teams.

Berklon Jan 31, 2016 4:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319610)
As for the wannabe thing you have a long history of denigrating things Canadian in this forum so by your definition instead of denigrating those things if you prefer American culture, perhaps you should then just STFU.

Incorrect... I have no love for a particular league (it being Canadian has nothing to do with it). You're the one who is making it a Canada/America issue - I'm not. I don't judge it based on nationality - I judge it based on quality. The world is a better place when people stop discriminating. You continue bashing a whole country and many Jays and Raptors fans who you call "bandwagoners". You derailed this thread when you went ape-shit because I compared an artist being too old for a certain audience with the same artist being probably too young for another audience - and then you went all CRTC over it.

What's great about this country is our freedom. The freedom to choose what we want to watch, etc. Many great Canadians died protecting our country's freedoms. Why do you hate Canada and it's freedoms so much? Are you a communist? Are you a Chinese wannabe?
If not, then I strongly suggest you allow people to exercise those freedoms afforded to us by those Canadians who died for them.

http://shop.flagshop.com/media/catal...tional-s_1.gif

Acajack Jan 31, 2016 4:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319618)
Don't know about that re Raptor fans vs other NBA teams.

I will happily be corrected but it seems to me the Raps have been very effective in their branding as Canada's team. The main exceptions are probably Windsor (Pistons) and the Maritimes (Celtics).

MonctonRad Jan 31, 2016 4:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319612)
I also would say that most CIS basketball fans across Canada are Raptors fans as well.

I generally agree with this.

I'm not a passionate basketball fan (for me, hockey & football compete for #1, baseball is #3 and basketball is #4), but I have gone to the AUS final four tournament several times in Halifax, and am an occasional attendee at Moncton Miracles games.

There is no question that basketball, more so than the other sports that I have listed has to be seen live to be appreciated. The whole experience includes the dancers and the mascots and if the game is close, the fans in the stands really feed and build on the excitement on the court. Watching on TV just isn't the same thing.

I appreciate CIS and NBL basketball. It just has to be seen live. I haven't attended a Raptors game yet, but it's on my bucket list. It will be interesting to see what the live game day experience is like at a Raptors game....... :yes:

middeljohn Jan 31, 2016 4:26 PM

Good article on Demar's continued improvement:
http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...f-an-all-star/

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 4:29 PM

Berklon waving the flag, thanks for the laugh, People died defending your love of American culture and denigrating Canada's, that's a good one. I literally have no problem with your American wannabeeism, it's when you shit on Canadian things is when I have a problem. And you started it here with your usual CFL shot. Seriously though using dying soldiers to defend your love of American culture is beyond the pale. It's your right but as Bubbles would say, it's G.R.E.A.S.Y.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319610)
OQT Manila (Philippines) - Group A: 1. Turkey; 2. Senegal; 3. Canada | Group B: 1. France; 2. New Zealand; 3. Philippines

Can we beat all these teams and get to the Olympics? Mission possible I say, but our ranking is lower than I think it should be.

1. USA
2. Spain
3. Lithuania
4. Argentina
5. France
8. Turkey
21. New Zealand
26. Canada
28. Philippines
31. Senegal

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 4:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319624)
I will happily be corrected but it seems to me the Raps have been very effective in their branding as Canada's team. The main exceptions are probably Windsor (Pistons) and the Maritimes (Celtics).

Again, I don't know about that. I've lived in all three Maritime provinces and have never heard of any extra love for the Celts. It's the same as using the historical argument for Maritimers following the Red Sox. Historically, before the Expos that may have been true, and local cable systems carried Red Sox games but the Jays have definately superceded them.

As for a groundswell for the Celtics never heard of it, not saying there aren't pockets of fans but I would say the Raps would have a bigger following than that and they don't have all that big a following. People might wear the bling but I don't think they are engaged in the team in any way (re watching)

Of course if you go to a high school and are involved with basketball you are more likely to be exposed to these things but outside of that in the general community not so much.

Berklon Jan 31, 2016 4:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonctonRad (Post 7319627)
I haven't attended a Raptors game yet, but it's on my bucket list. It will be interesting to see what the live game day experience is like at a Raptors game....... :yes:

I was taken out by vendors on 3 separate occasions to Raptors games at the ACC. Each time sitting in a much different location... centre court half-way up the stands, mid-level box and gondala-level box. The live experience was great - which says a lot for someone who's not much of a basketball fan. The place was packed all three times and the crowd was lively. It was definitely a much younger crowd - didn't see many 50+ year olds at all. The average age was probably early 30s.

Highly recommended especially if you're a basketball fan.

Gerrard Jan 31, 2016 4:45 PM

Well yeah unlike the average age of the average CFL fan (50s) it's definitely a younger livelier and typically more urban crowd. Even more so than baseball which like the CFL tends to attract a older suburban fan.

Berklon Jan 31, 2016 4:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319629)
Berklon waving the flag, thanks for the laugh, People died defending your love of American culture and denigrating Canada's, that's a good one. I literally have no problem with your American wannabeeism, it's when you shit on Canadian things is when I have a problem

I shit on things that aren't quality - nationality has nothing to do with it.
If you can't accept that and stop discriminating - then it's your problem. Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing... this isn't China.
Stop trying to be the great defender of all things Canadian - no one hired you for the job and no one signed up for the lecture. Get over yourself.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 4:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerrard (Post 7319645)
Well yeah unlike the average age of the average CFL fan (50s) it's definitely a younger livelier and typically more urban crowd. Even more so than baseball which like the CFL tends to attract a older suburban fan.

Seeing as you and your American cousin Berklon have upped your CFL shots (Berklon your trolling (sig and avator) is oh so subtle) you should at least be informed about baseball. But as usual the ignorance is deafening. Who goes to Jays games these days? 50 plus? I think not, but an audience closer to this...

Video Link

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 4:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berklon (Post 7319651)
I shit on things that aren't quality - nationality has nothing to do with it.
If you can't accept that and stop discriminating - then it's your problem. Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing... this isn't China.
Stop trying to be the great defender of all things Canadian - no one hired you for the job and no one signed up for the lecture. Get over yourself.

It gives me hope that you protest so much as it's painfully obvious deep down you know you are not doing right.

And how can you talk about quality when you know nothing about what's going on here because your head is so far up American ass.

You know you love to troll the Canada hate stuff (you can't help it) and you know you'll get a response when you do it. I'm more than happy to oblige and set the record straight. Don't do it and you don't hear from me, it's really, really simple.

Berklon Jan 31, 2016 4:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerrard (Post 7319645)
Well yeah unlike the average age of the average CFL fan (50s) it's definitely a younger livelier and typically more urban crowd. Even more so than baseball which like the CFL tends to attract a older suburban fan.

Yes, urban - that's definitely a great way to describe a lot of the crowd.
Another word to describe them is diverse - a lot of non-white people at the games... many Asian and African-American.

Berklon Jan 31, 2016 5:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319653)
But as usual the ignorance is deafening.

Video Link

Speaking of ignorance... you do realize that these girls who are taking selfies are part of a contest at the game where you tweet your fan photo, right? It's right there in the video too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319655)
It gives me hope that you protest so much as it's painfully obvious deep down you know you are not doing right.

:haha:

Says the person who stalks me looking for things to fault. I remember a few years ago you wound up in the Hamilton section countering something I said - a section you really had no reason to be in since you're not in Hamilton (or even close to Hamilton).

It's weird because I only see you in the sports threads. You do realize there are much more important things in this world than sports, right? Certainly not something to go on constant rants for.
I think you really need to step away from the keyboard and not take things so personally. Relax, it's only sports. You must leave a charmed life if sports is the only thing you have to worry about. Go outside and enjoy the weather. Spend some time with friends and family. Breathe - everything will be OK.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 5:19 PM

Uhh no, I was exposing the myth of the audience in baseball being older and that MLB has probably the best on line presence of all major league sports.

Berkie boy, you can try and deflect the argument all you want, when you stop shitting on things Canadian and promoting the USA, you don't hear from me. It's so simple even you can understand it.

I can't post in a Hamilton thread? Didn't you just say people died for my right to free speech? You're confusing me now. :)

mistercorporate Jan 31, 2016 5:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berklon (Post 7319651)
i shit on things that aren't quality - nationality has nothing to do with it.
If you can't accept that and stop discriminating - then it's your problem. Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing... This isn't china.
Stop trying to be the great defender of all things canadian - no one hired you for the job and no one signed up for the lecture. Get over yourself.

+1 well said.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 6:01 PM

^
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berklon (Post 7319651)
I shit on things that aren't quality

mistercorporate, you do realize he includes TFC in that

mistercorporate Jan 31, 2016 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN (Post 7319544)
Really, are you that thinned skinned?
Fact: Media Centre of Canada is Toronto
Fact: Sports Media Centre of Canada is Toronto
Fact: What we see on network TV is decided in Toronto
Fact: All CIS sports take a back seat to NCAA

Result: I would like the media deciders in Toronto to give the homegrown Canadian college teams a little love once in awhile.

If you dont like it then watch local tv, local Saskatchewan movies and local sports, noones forcing you to watch Toronto productions. Cut the cable and watch over the air stuff locally.

Xelebes Jan 31, 2016 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berklon (Post 7319651)
I shit on things that aren't quality - nationality has nothing to do with it.
If you can't accept that and stop discriminating - then it's your problem. Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing... this isn't China.
Stop trying to be the great defender of all things Canadian - no one hired you for the job and no one signed up for the lecture. Get over yourself.

And what if we reject your notion of inferiority and just want to watch games that we can relate to? How about you try something completely different and avoid this thread if this notion of inferiority is sacrosanct to you. Just a hint.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 6:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistercorporate (Post 7319714)
Cut the cable and watch over the air stuff locally.

??? Are you familiar with how a network operates?

mistercorporate Jan 31, 2016 6:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319709)
^mistercorporate, you do realize he includes TFC in that

Keep trolling dude, he can watch what he wants, i dont care, its the height of insecurity to piss on another mans taste because of your fear that your own preferred mode of entertainment will get overshadowed.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 6:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelebes (Post 7319715)
And what if we reject your notion of inferiority and just want to watch games that we can relate to? How about you try something completely different and avoid this thread if this notion of inferiority is sacrosanct to you. Just a hint.

What also bothers me is this notion of inferiority is based on myth from 30 years ago and they judge "inferiority" without a clue to what is and has gone on in this country.

Acajack Jan 31, 2016 6:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berklon (Post 7319657)
Yes, urban - that's definitely a great way to describe a lot of the crowd.
Another word to describe them is diverse - a lot of non-white people at the games... many Asian and African-American.

I would surmise that few black people in Toronto are African-Americans!

mistercorporate Jan 31, 2016 6:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319716)
??? Are you familiar with how a network operates?

Yeah i am, if you dont like toronto productions or channels then dont sign up for a toronto based service. That includes Rogers, Bell Media, etc. Simple.

mistercorporate Jan 31, 2016 6:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319721)
I would surmise that few black people in Toronto are African-Americans!

You'd be surprised. A good amount of US immigration is black, but yeah they are a minority of the afro-Canadian crowd.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 6:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistercorporate (Post 7319718)
Keep trolling dude, i have better things to do with my time than getting into a long exchange with mouth breathing grade 6 educated insecure trolls from the sticks.

For a guy with a supposed masters you sure seem insecure. I attended the oldest chartered university in Canada but old is no good. It's no insult to me that you call anybody else not from the great metropolis, hicks and hillbillies. I consider it a complement to be differentiated from you. I'm not familiar with disrespecting women and the peeny insults that you and your intelligentsia buds deem so important.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 6:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistercorporate (Post 7319723)
Yeah i am, if you dont like toronto productions or channels then dont sign up for a toronto based service. That includes Rogers, Bell Media, etc. Simple.

Over the air, I believe you suggested.

Acajack Jan 31, 2016 6:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistercorporate (Post 7319723)
Yeah i am, if you dont like toronto productions or channels then dont sign up for a toronto based service. That includes Rogers, Bell Media, etc. Simple.

There are no Canadian anglophone sports networks that are not based in Toronto.

elly63 Jan 31, 2016 6:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319721)
I would surmise that few black people in Toronto are African-Americans!

Reminds me of that classic line in the film gem "Pray for me Paul Henderson"

Woman (in Toronto) to black kid: Where are you from Russell?
Russell: Halifax, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Woman: No, I mean before that, what island are you from?
Russell: Cape Breton, Cape Breton Island

lol

mistercorporate Jan 31, 2016 6:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theman23 (Post 7319392)
Looking at CIS attendance figures for proof of Toronto being a "real" basketball city doesn't make any sense. College sports are simply not a big part of the culture here.

I think a better barometer would be participation rates in the sport, particularly amongst those who play it competitively at the high school level. Would anyone have any numbers for that?

In the city of Toronto, basketball courts are ubiquitous, in the suburbs, soccer fields, with the occasional baseball diamond in public parks. Football fields exist in some schools but are usually used for soccer or cricket outside school hours.

mistercorporate Jan 31, 2016 6:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 7319727)
There are no Canadian anglophone sports networks that are not based in Toronto.

Theres a reason for that, people would rather watch Toronto based cable networks. Imagine a Regina based network like elly63 fantasizes about, all Rough Riders, high school sports and curling 24-7. Noone wants to see that in this country outside of a few online fanboys. If people dont like Toronto based networks theyre free to start their own, this a democratic capitalistic society, theres any number of western based cable companies such as Telus and Shaw, if there was a demand nationwide it will be served. Crapping on Toronto is a cop out and obstinate denial of a fundamental reality.

mistercorporate Jan 31, 2016 6:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elly63 (Post 7319726)
Over the air, I believe you suggested.

Over the air channels sure, if you dont like cable channels based in Toronto. But i take it your local over the air channels dont have what you want either? But then youncouldnt call other people wannabes could you.


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.