SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Supertall Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=323)
-   -   NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (Nordstrom)| 1,550 FT | 131 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191095)

NYguy Jul 10, 2014 5:44 AM

Ok people, keep the topic on this tower, and save the market forecasts.

forj Jul 10, 2014 5:51 AM

back on topic repost of myself.. image taken from a dude on SSC. it seems a tad tall vs. 432 in this view.. but ive been hearing the elevation above the river is a little higher, and it would be a little closer. this guy is usually pretty accurate and this is what, 1480 to the top of parapet? vs. approx. 1400 for 432? so i guess it must be close

http://i.imgur.com/bQr5m1l.jpg

:cheers:

:slob:

NYguy Jul 10, 2014 12:48 PM

^ It's just a little high, nearly twice the height of One57 in that image.

Danielson27 Jul 10, 2014 2:07 PM

Thanks for posting for me!...Was starting to question myself but I double checked, the model is 1478' and One57 is 1004'; It's just that angle

Submariner Jul 10, 2014 2:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielson27 (Post 6648863)
Thanks for posting for me!...Was starting to question myself but I double checked, the model is 1478' and One57 is 1004'; It's just that angle

We also dont see the bottom 200-300 feet of the tower....that might be throwing us off also.

JayPro Jul 10, 2014 5:06 PM

The antenna looks a bit tall for 304' above the parapet.

forj Jul 10, 2014 5:16 PM

i think the antennae as depicted in the above image is about right.. i for one hope they increase the height of the roof/parapet to over 1500 ft, and reduce the height of the antennae a bit.. kinda ridiculous to have a spire that large in proportion to the building.

JayPro Jul 10, 2014 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forj (Post 6649211)
i think the antennae as depicted in the above image is about right.. i for one hope they increase the height of the roof/parapet to over 1500 ft, and reduce the height of the antennae a bit.. kinda ridiculous to have a spire that large in proportion to the building.

A friendly little bit of putting stuff into perspective is in order here.
Conde Nast/4 Times Square has a 338' spire/antenna on top of an 810' building...that's a bit over 40% of the whole structure. WTC 1 is 1776 (sans ligntning rod so add 11 feet there if you want). Durst's value-enginnered beacon mast is 403' (1776' - 1373' to roof). That's a smidgeon under 23%, or almost a quarter of the total height taken up by that alone.

Imagine, then, if you extrapolated the above-mentioned figures to this tower.


Now consider this: This will, for the time being, be the only tower in this part of the skyline with a spire; so I hardly think that "overdoing it" can be declared in this instance. Also, in the grander scheme of things, assuming that this tower with respect to final design and financing in all respects is ready to go, we're gonna have two monsterf*cker bookends to the skyline (This and WTC1) with Lady ESB almost smack dab in the middle, alongside her new neighbors at Hudson Yards, the Girasole, the Spire, Manhattan West and who knows what else.....

2018 should be the year when it is officially proclaimed from City Hall that the 1930's Reach for the Sky will have been officially put to shame.

Submariner Jul 10, 2014 7:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPro (Post 6649443)
A friendly little bit of putting stuff into perspective is in order here.
Conde Nast/4 Times Square has a 338' spire/antenna on top of an 810' building...that's a bit over 40% of the whole structure. WTC 1 is 1776 (sans ligntning rod so add 11 feet there if you want). Durst's value-enginnered beacon mast is 403' (1776' - 1373' to roof). That's a smidgeon under 23%, or almost a quarter of the total height taken up by that alone.

Imagine, then, if you extrapolated the above-mentioned figures to this tower.


Now consider this: This will, for the time being, be the only tower in this part of the skyline with a spire; so I hardly think that "overdoing it" can be declared in this instance. Also, in the grander scheme of things, assuming that this tower with respect to final design and financing in all respects is ready to go, we're gonna have two monsterf*cker bookends to the skyline (This and WTC1) with Lady ESB almost smack dab in the middle, alongside her new neighbors at Hudson Yards, the Girasole, the Spire, Manhattan West and who knows what else.....

2018 should be the year when it is officially proclaimed from City Hall that the 1930's Reach for the Sky will have been officially put to shame.

This is easily the most skyline-redefining era in the cities history.

This building needs a new diagram STAT!

aquablue Jul 10, 2014 8:27 PM

del

Crawford Jul 10, 2014 8:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablue (Post 6649618)
What's your problem? Everyone in the skyscraper enthusiast world knows that spires are hardly the fair way to count building height. It's common knowledge.

I had no idea you were the official spokesperson for the "skyscraper enthusiast world".

The answer is no. There is no agreement on building height, and 99% of the planet could care less. You can count buildings however the hell you want.

NYguy Jul 10, 2014 8:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forj (Post 6649211)
i think the antennae as depicted in the above image is about right.. i for one hope they increase the height of the roof/parapet to over 1500 ft, and reduce the height of the antennae a bit.. kinda ridiculous to have a spire that large in proportion to the building.

The Freedom Tower's spire is larger.

Now, if they insists on the 1,775 ft figure to go along with the 1,776 ft height Downtown, it would be nice is some sort of laser show between the two spires could be put in place. They would be "twins" of a sort. That's assuming nothing taller gets built between the two of course.

aquablue Jul 10, 2014 8:32 PM

del

NYguy Jul 10, 2014 8:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablue (Post 6649633)
Seriously, do you have a problem with me pointing out how this tower compares to other major world city's towers?

I do, because I've had enough of your trolling and throwing this conversation off base. If you do not have anything to add, just don't post.

aquablue Jul 10, 2014 8:38 PM

del

JayPro Jul 10, 2014 8:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYguy (Post 6649623)
The Freedom Tower's spire is larger.

Now, if they insists on the 1,775 ft figure to go along with the 1,776 ft height Downtown, it would be nice is some sort of laser show between the two spires could be put in place. They would be "twins" of a sort. That's assuming nothing taller gets built between the two of course.

Let's see what Mr. Shvo has to add to this discussion. I hear tell his plans are quite aggressive......

NYguy Jul 10, 2014 8:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablue (Post 6649648)
I don't understand how you would consider that trolling. From my perspective, comparing a tower with other towers in major cities around the world would be on-topic and a reasonable thing to talk about with fellow enthusiasts. You could call my comparison a 'roof-height' comparison since I pointed the fact that it didn't include the spire. However, since you're the boss and the horrific angry unwarranted responses from people that don't like what I post or anything that i post, I'll leave y'all alone.

Don't play the fool. It's trolling, I've seen enough of your posts, and had to delete enough. And I'm telling you that is enough!

supertallchaser Jul 10, 2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPro (Post 6649655)
Let's see what Mr. Shvo has to add to this discussion. I hear tell his plans are quite aggressive......

he better shvo off or ill write him off xD

fleonzo Jul 10, 2014 10:15 PM

Sorry to ask (if not already mentioned)...but is the cantilever still in this current design? If so, is it less prevalent than the design from last October?

hunser Jul 10, 2014 11:05 PM

Hopefully construction (piling) starts soon. I want both Nordstrom and 1WTC in the U/C forums:

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center | 1,776 FT Pinnacle / 1,368 FT Roof | 108 FLOORS
NEW YORK | 217 West 57th | 1,775 FT Pinnacle / 1,479 FT Roof | 93 FLOORS

and ...
NEW YORK | 432 Park Avenue | 1,777 FT Pinnacle / 1,397 FT Roof | 85 FLOORS

surprise! :haha:


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.