SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   HOUSTON | Development Thread II (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114123)

Urbannizer Sep 23, 2011 2:57 AM

New Plan for River Oaks District, major downsize. :(

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images...1313000053.jpg

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images...1313000074.jpg

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images...1313000093.jpg

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images...1313000115.jpg

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images...1313000135.jpg

Previous Plans:
http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/h...3_64_34330.jpg

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/h...23_64_2960.jpg

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/h...3_64_12775.jpg

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/h...3_64_58894.jpg

daithi Sep 23, 2011 4:20 AM

Looks a little cheesy. Well at least the empty lot will be filled I guess.

TexasPlaya Sep 23, 2011 4:43 AM

Thanks for the updates. Not surprising it was scaled back.

N90 Sep 23, 2011 7:02 AM

The Horizon- Neartown Luxury Apartment Tower
http://www.gid.com/photos/development/block-d.jpg
http://www.gid.com/development/horizon.aspx
Excerpt:
Quote:

The Horizon is a 290 unit luxury apartment tower consisting of 21 stories featuring panoramic views of the downtown Houston skyline, the Buffalo Bayou, Memorial Park, River Oaks, and the Galleria. The building will be Houston’s most advanced high-rise residential product and is being designed to achieve LEED Sliver Certification.
Source: http://www.gid.com/development/horizon.aspx

N90 Sep 23, 2011 4:57 PM

35 Story Luxury Apartment Tower for Inner Loop Houston:

Excerpt:
Quote:

PM Realty Group LP plans to build a 35-story apartment tower on a prime site inside the Loop, where the Confederate House, formerly State Grille, served diners for more than 50 years.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/p....html?page=all

Reverberation Sep 23, 2011 6:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N90 (Post 5420549)

Wow. Where are they going to put it?

Michi Sep 23, 2011 6:28 PM

Hmm, I thought it was a component of Regent Square, but it looks like one of the articles states West Alabama & Weslayan.

N90 Sep 23, 2011 6:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michi (Post 5421087)
Hmm, I thought it was a component of Regent Square, but it looks like one of the articles states West Alabama & Weslayan.

The towers in the Regent Square development are separate from The Horizon development in Houston.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverberation (Post 5421071)
Wow. Where are they going to put it?

Neartown.

Urbannizer Sep 25, 2011 5:38 PM

Dynamo Stadium - As of Sept 23rd
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...1/IMG_2091.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...1/IMG_2092.jpg

Link

weatherguru18 Sep 26, 2011 2:40 AM

New 35-story residential tower to break ground in 2012 inside the loop!! Apparently it was supposed to be 27-stories when the article was first published in 2008 but has since been increased to 35-stories. See articles below:

2008

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/s...14/story6.html

2011

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/p....html?page=all

dgpatel Sep 26, 2011 5:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nava (Post 5418997)
Saw memorial city hospital area is expanding again infront of the main tower, and phoned the project runners to email me the project plans:

All photos from a pdf MetroNational sent to me...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5768986...th/6170560753/

cant figure out how to put those visually on the site

Great find!

Does anyone know whats happening on the other side of Memorial City mall (opposite to the side of the hospital)? I've seen atleast two cranes there. I think this is the location: LINK

N90 Sep 26, 2011 6:08 PM

147 Unit Multifamily Complex for Midtown Houston [Elgin & Louisiana Streets]:

Excerpt:
Quote:

Well it looks like Midtown will soon be getting another round of upscale apartments. However, this time it’s nice to see they will be being built along Elgin. According to Nancy Sarnoff, Crosspoint sold their lot along Elgin to the Morgan Group and plans are similar to the existing Calais across the street (two levels of parking with four stories of apartments above. Wallace Garcia Wilson designed the project, which won’t break ground until the fall of 2013.
Source: http://innerlooped.com/1291/new-apar...ng-to-midtown/

I like the infill, this multifamily complex will have the same design as the one across the street and will replace a surface parking lot!

N90 Sep 27, 2011 6:36 PM

Winfield Gate in River Oaks:
http://static.culturemap.com/site_me....350w_263h.jpghttp://static.culturemap.com/site_me....350w_263h.jpg
Excerpt:
Quote:

Imagine a cozy townhouse quarter in London where the architecture reflects Palladian influences. That's what the company has in mind for this development, which is not so coincidentally named after Winfield House, the U.S. Ambassador's residence in London. In fact, each of the 10 floor plans is named after a U.S. ambassador. The Farish, the Harriman and the Annenberg, for example.
Source: http://houston.culturemap.com/newsde...y-ambassadors/

weatherguru18 Sep 27, 2011 10:30 PM

From today's Chronicle: More info on the 35-story tower to rise.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...te-house-site/

pacarlson Sep 27, 2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgpatel (Post 5423635)
Great find!

Does anyone know whats happening on the other side of Memorial City mall (opposite to the side of the hospital)? I've seen atleast two cranes there. I think this is the location: LINK

I was told it's being built for Nexen Inc., which is moving their Dallas area office to Houston. I was also told it will be about 15 stories.

Michi Sep 28, 2011 1:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N90 (Post 5421117)
The towers in the Regent Square development are separate from The Horizon development in Houston.

Neartown.

I know. This rendering just looks like the proposal for the first Regent Square parcel to be developed.

I'm with ya.

N90 Sep 28, 2011 10:48 PM

Resurrection of the 23 story Ashbury Apartment Tower:
http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...1/09/Ashby.jpg
Excerpt:
Quote:

The plans represent the same 23-story design that was previously approved by the city in August 2009, according to Houston-based Buckhead Investment Partners Inc. Instead of for-sale condominiums, however, the units will be apartments.

“We are moving forward with a wonderful high-rise redevelopment project because the best multifamily rental market conditions in years, coupled with keen investor interest in this unique opportunity, clearly suggest that now is the right time to do so,” said Buckhead’s Matthew Morgan.
Source: http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...ashby-is-back/

JManc Sep 28, 2011 11:21 PM

^ they need to build this instead:

http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploa...by-cartoon.jpg

and it needs the arms.

weatherguru18 Sep 28, 2011 11:50 PM

Posed this question on another forum: Why here? Love the tower but seems like a very odd place for a highrise---i mean in the middle of a neighborhood with limited access. For some reason i thought this was to always be built right off the SW FRWY....not blocks away in the middle of a residential hood. I guess I never really thought about it until I looked at a map of the location.

mfastx Sep 30, 2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weatherguru18 (Post 5426812)
Posed this question on another forum: Why here? Love the tower but seems like a very odd place for a highrise---i mean in the middle of a neighborhood with limited access. For some reason i thought this was to always be built right off the SW FRWY....not blocks away in the middle of a residential hood. I guess I never really thought about it until I looked at a map of the location.

It's a very good place for a highrise. Right on a major thoroughfare, and in a very desirable neighborhood. Houston is going to get denser, we can't have inner-city suburbs forever. To accommodate this, we need to improve our transit system, but that's another topic. There are many highrises in Houston right next to single family homes.

Urbannizer Oct 1, 2011 6:02 PM

Updates Taken Today by Golyadkin

The Millenium - 237 Unit Apartment Building
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/DSC_0450.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/DSC_0216.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/DSC_0217.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/DSC_0218.jpg

Link

BBVA - 2200 Post Oak - Rendering

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/DSC_0222.jpg

Link

BLVD Place - Whole Foods - Rendering

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/DSC_0195.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/DSC_0199.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/DSC_0200.jpg

Link

N90 Oct 2, 2011 4:15 AM

Some more info bout previous or new projects.

The Horizon- Supposedly the ground breaking is in February 2012.

The Ashby Highrise- Supposedly is breaking ground in January 2012.

La Porte to get a 16 Story Tower:
Quote:

Site work and new construction of a mixed-use development in La Porte. Schematic design plans call for the construction of a 16-story office building including office space, storage space, and restrooms. Plans also include a hotel with guest rooms.
Source: https://www.bidclerk.com/project.1100641.html

I hope his new tower is on the Galveston Bay in La Porte so that way other towers could develop around this one and it can create an emerging skyline, an emerging coastal skyline that continues to elude Galveston.

JoninATX Oct 2, 2011 12:29 PM

New 23-story tower

Quote:

Site work, demolition and new construction of a mixed-use tower in Houston. Working plans call for the demolition of an existing apartment complex to make way for a 23-story tower to house a five-story, parking garage with 460 spaces
Reported 09/30/2011

Status Pre-Construction

Est. Start Date January 2012

https://www.bidclerk.com/project.672794.html#

It seems that there map on there website is misleading it has it pointing at the Houston vistor center? I wonder if this is the Ashby project?

Chicago3rd Oct 2, 2011 3:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N90 (Post 5426748)
Resurrection of the 23 story Ashbury Apartment Tower:
http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...1/09/Ashby.jpg
Excerpt:

Source: http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...ashby-is-back/

Am for it if it has retail or offices on street level. Putting a one/use type of building in a suburban sort of area does not lead to Urbanism.

Complex01 Oct 2, 2011 3:36 PM

Here are some pics of the Dynamo stadium. It is gonna have some awesome DT views. Looking fancy...

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/p...ex2501/DS2.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/p...ex2501/DS1.jpg

:yes:

TexasPlaya Oct 2, 2011 4:57 PM

Interesting pdf presentation by Houston Tomorrow about our current and future transit situation. Lots of interesting graphs.

N90 Oct 2, 2011 7:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoninATX (Post 5430469)
It seems that there map on there website is misleading it has it pointing at the Houston vistor center? I wonder if this is the Ashby project?

Yeah this is the Ashby Highrise.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasPlaya (Post 5430651)
Interesting pdf presentation by Houston Tomorrow about our current and future transit situation. Lots of interesting graphs.

I remember posting this yesterday on Houston Architecture, no one gave it a second thought at all it seems. That PDF is nice but its just too long term to matter. 2035 is a long time away and most of us will be plagued by old age by then. Hah.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago3rd (Post 5430567)
Am for it if it has retail or offices on street level. Putting a one/use type of building in a suburban sort of area does not lead to Urbanism.

I agree that at the present moment it just comes across as bizarre and estranged. Two things contribute to Houston's awkward way of urbanizing.

1. It lacks zoning, making projects like these possible to get approved without further questioning.

2. Houston is at a mature post in its growth, over the next 35 years it will be doing projects like these a lot and infilling by destroying detached family structures or low rises. Think of this now in Houston as what Chicago was in 1880 or 1890, except Chicago was quite a lot more centralized.

Basically this tower will stick out like a sore thumb when built but 10 or 15 years from now it will be accompanied by more towers near it. Houston is a fast city to destroy older structures in place for newer and larger ones. There is no doubt that if this gets built other developers will swarm to the area like wildfire to do the same. The area is centralized and has a desirable location, it's pretty much just waiting to star digging dirt and turning shovels on these projects.

Chicago3rd Oct 2, 2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N90 (Post 5430806)
Yeah this is the Ashby Highrise.

I remember posting this yesterday on Houston Architecture, no one gave it a second thought at all it seems. That PDF is nice but its just too long term to matter. 2035 is a long time away and most of us will be plagued by old age by then. Hah.

I agree that at the present moment it just comes across as bizarre and estranged. Two things contribute to Houston's awkward way of urbanizing.

1. It lacks zoning, making projects like these possible to get approved without further questioning.

2. Houston is at a mature post in its growth, over the next 35 years it will be doing projects like these a lot and infilling by destroying detached family structures or low rises. Think of this now in Houston as what Chicago was in 1880 or 1890, except Chicago was quite a lot more centralized.

Basically this tower will stick out like a sore thumb when built but 10 or 15 years from now it will be accompanied by more towers near it. Houston is a fast city to destroy older structures in place for newer and larger ones. There is no doubt that if this gets built other developers will swarm to the area like wildfire to do the same. The area is centralized and has a desirable location, it's pretty much just waiting to star digging dirt and turning shovels on these projects.

I find this exciting! But again can you imagine all these towers going in without retail/office to support these new dense neighborhoods. And your point about Chicago was excellent!

Shasta Oct 3, 2011 9:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N90 (Post 5430806)
Yeah this is the Ashby Highrise.

I remember posting this yesterday on Houston Architecture, no one gave it a second thought at all it seems. That PDF is nice but its just too long term to matter. 2035 is a long time away and most of us will be plagued by old age by then. Hah.

I agree that at the present moment it just comes across as bizarre and estranged. Two things contribute to Houston's awkward way of urbanizing.

1. It lacks zoning, making projects like these possible to get approved without further questioning.

2. Houston is at a mature post in its growth, over the next 35 years it will be doing projects like these a lot and infilling by destroying detached family structures or low rises. Think of this now in Houston as what Chicago was in 1880 or 1890, except Chicago was quite a lot more centralized.

Basically this tower will stick out like a sore thumb when built but 10 or 15 years from now it will be accompanied by more towers near it. Houston is a fast city to destroy older structures in place for newer and larger ones. There is no doubt that if this gets built other developers will swarm to the area like wildfire to do the same. The area is centralized and has a desirable location, it's pretty much just waiting to star digging dirt and turning shovels on these projects.

Nope. This tower is completely surrounded by deed restricted neighborhoods. Everything South of Bissonnet is Southampton. Southampton has fairly strong deed restrictions that limit development to single family homes and it also has very strict height requirements that generally limits structures to two stories. Everything to the North is either Boulevard Oaks or Broadacres. Both of these neighborhoods have deed restrictions. Broadacres is VERY strict. North, South, and West Boulevards are probably the most beautiful in the city, with wide parks down the center with towering live oak trees and houses from the 1920s sitting on full acres. Famous houses like the Wortham House which houses the University of Houston president, will now have a huge tower looking down on them.

Bissonnet is the ONLY sliver in that area that isn't deed restricted because it is considered a major roadway, despite it being just a two-laned road between Main St (to the East) and Greenbrier (to the West). Despite the lack of deed restrictions, the road in this area is still largely residential with no structures over 40 feet tall. The few businesses on that street are housed in single family homes that have been converted (antique stores, doctor's offices, etc...). This is a HORRIBLE location for a tower for everyone but the developers looking to make a buck by either a) ruining stable inner city neighborhoods or b) winning a lawsuit

TexasPlaya Oct 4, 2011 5:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N90 (Post 5430806)
I remember posting this yesterday on Houston Architecture, no one gave it a second thought at all it seems. That PDF is nice but its just too long term to matter. 2035 is a long time away and most of us will be plagued by old age by then. Hah.

Very true a lot of it is long range. However, there's a lot of interesting info on our current state of affairs, especially where the jobs and density are. If we could just actually get the University and Uptown rail going then we would have the beginning of a real system.

Reverberation Oct 7, 2011 3:58 PM

I don't know if anyone noticed, but they have broken ground and the 22 story residential project near Westheimer and Sage (Next to Walgreens) is now under construction.

Renderings (from HAIF):
http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/h...9850_thumb.jpg

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/h...9835_thumb.jpg

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/h...galleria-area/

chrisherber Oct 7, 2011 5:46 PM

Sad that the River Oaks project was downsized, either way it still looks pretty good. Anyone know where it will be located and when they will start construction?

simms3_redux Oct 7, 2011 7:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasPlaya (Post 5430651)
Interesting pdf presentation by Houston Tomorrow about our current and future transit situation. Lots of interesting graphs.

I like. Very informative

Sterling Oct 8, 2011 3:22 AM

I'm glad for the density implied by the Ashbury concept. Deed restrictions may hamper the future for awhile, but time marches on. In the early 20th century 5th Avenue in New York along Central Park was the showplace of industrial age millionaires. Huge ornate single family houses were built, seemingly to last forever. Fights ensued over density and perceived loss of "charm", but the lure of big money won as it always does, and now only a few remain, now repurposed. The Frick Gallery for instance. And in spite of lawsuits, family holdouts and the like, 5th Ave is now home to multi story apartment buildings like the rest of the city. NIMBY is not a new concept.

As cities grow, one generation's "hallowed family hall" becomes the next generations "white elephant". One generation says "you'll get my keys when you pry them from my cold dead fingers". The next generation says "Here are the keys. I always hated this place anyway".

YakuzaIce Oct 9, 2011 4:00 PM

Well I got out this morning to take a few pictures.

Westheimer @ Sage
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC01012.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC01013.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC01014.jpg

2200 Post Oak (really started pouring here, so the pics aren't great.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC01017.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC01019.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC01020.jpg

Bonus Transco in the rain
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC01016.jpg

Complex01 Oct 10, 2011 11:35 PM

Nice, the galleria area will have a few cranes up. Very Kewl...

weatherguru18 Oct 11, 2011 9:10 PM

Looks like The Woodlands is getting another highrise!

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...the-woodlands/

N90 Oct 12, 2011 3:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N90 (Post 5423704)
147 Unit Multifamily Complex for Midtown Houston [Elgin & Louisiana Streets]:

Excerpt:

Source: http://innerlooped.com/1291/new-apar...ng-to-midtown/

I like the infill, this multifamily complex will have the same design as the one across the street and will replace a surface parking lot!

More information about these apartments going up in Midtown are available here:

http://ataps1.pd.ci.houston.tx.us/drc/PC+Meeting+Calendar.nsf/WebDocumentOpen/5CE42489235C6019862577FA006DB2E3/$FILE/Draft+Agenda.pdf

N90 Oct 12, 2011 3:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shasta (Post 5432088)
Nope. This tower is completely surrounded by deed restricted neighborhoods. Everything South of Bissonnet is Southampton. Southampton has fairly strong deed restrictions that limit development to single family homes and it also has very strict height requirements that generally limits structures to two stories. Everything to the North is either Boulevard Oaks or Broadacres. Both of these neighborhoods have deed restrictions. Broadacres is VERY strict. North, South, and West Boulevards are probably the most beautiful in the city, with wide parks down the center with towering live oak trees and houses from the 1920s sitting on full acres. Famous houses like the Wortham House which houses the University of Houston president, will now have a huge tower looking down on them.

Bissonnet is the ONLY sliver in that area that isn't deed restricted because it is considered a major roadway, despite it being just a two-laned road between Main St (to the East) and Greenbrier (to the West). Despite the lack of deed restrictions, the road in this area is still largely residential with no structures over 40 feet tall. The few businesses on that street are housed in single family homes that have been converted (antique stores, doctor's offices, etc...). This is a HORRIBLE location for a tower for everyone but the developers looking to make a buck by either a) ruining stable inner city neighborhoods or b) winning a lawsuit

While true, I still disagree to a large extent.

Yes and for a very long time during one of the fastest periods of its growth New York had no zoning but eventually sorted it out as well. Los Angeles during the start of its high growth had lax zoning restrictions.

Houston in the next 40 years wont stay the same, the policies and regulations written on paper today possibly wont exist 40 years from now, nothing is ever written in stone for growth and development is one thing I've learned about cities from their past to their future. Houston's lack of zoning is now because the people vote it down now, its quite possible that in the period of the next 40 years that Houston may adopt zoning and get rid of some regulations and protections altogether. What's historical neighborhoods today through gentrification, growth, and development may end up a string of mid-rises tomorrow.

What I'm saying is that Houston is still dominantly a maturing city now and will be for the next 20 or 30 years, lots of infill will come in, lots of changes, lots of new density and developments. I think we should give the place the benefit of time and let it do its own thing.

N90 Oct 12, 2011 7:07 PM

Merit Medical Campus, Pearland:
http://assets.bizjournals.com/housto...vation.jpg?v=1
Details:
Quote:

The facility will be situated in a business park owned by a Betz Cos. partnership, which retains an additional 23 acres of land on the same lot.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/m...-pearland.html

Then there's also this, which I don't really consider a "true" development because the building already exists but they're renovating it and preparing it for a different use than what it had been in the past. See below.

Former Downtown Houston Cookie Factory to become lofts:
http://assets.bizjournals.com/housto...yLofts.jpg?v=1
Details:
Quote:

City View Lofts is now open after a major transformation that created a downtown residential space out of the 100-year-old former Nabisco cookie factory.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...on-cookie.html

Houston airports selected for Obama's project:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../FlagPosts.JPG
Details:
Quote:

A project involving Houston’s two commercial airports was selected as one of 14 infrastructure projects by the Obama Administration to be expedited.
Source: http://www.mmdnewswire.com/obama-adm...ion-71164.html

N90 Oct 19, 2011 6:08 PM

Westheimer Multifamily Apartments
http://assets.bizjournals.com/housto...Street.jpg?v=1
Details:
Quote:

Construction can commence now that the partners have closed on the acquisition of 6.25 acres at 4410 Westheimer from the Kagan and Rudy families.

Dinerstein will design, build and manage the 340-unit apartment complex, which will be accompanied by a 10,000-square-foot restaurant space and 15,000 square feet for retail shops.

It is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2013.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/m...ject-gets.html

TexasPlaya Oct 20, 2011 5:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N90 (Post 5449741)

So it seems this is part or is all of the High Street proposal that was put on hold?

SouthmoreAve Oct 21, 2011 12:14 AM

New Dynamo Stadium Renderings:
http://assets.bizjournals.com/housto...wntown.JPG?v=1

http://assets.bizjournals.com/housto...moclub.jpg?v=1

http://assets.bizjournals.com/housto...olobby.jpg?v=1

Houston Buisiness Journal
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...o-stadium.html

New Houston Dynamo Stadium Updates,
courtesy of the Dynamo website.

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k...ayoukid/D1.jpg

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k...ayoukid/D2.jpg

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k...ayoukid/D3.jpg
http://www.houstondynamo.com/news/20...s-matt-doffing

N90 Oct 21, 2011 1:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasPlaya (Post 5450654)
So it seems this is part or is all of the High Street proposal that was put on hold?

Yes. Something is better than nothing though. I just passed by the development site today, seems to be headed into brighter days.

TexasPlaya Oct 21, 2011 4:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N90 (Post 5451682)
Yes. Something is better than nothing though. I just passed by the development site today, seems to be headed into brighter days.

Definitely. Personally, I like all the infill that is happening, even if it's mostly 4-6 story apartments.

N90 Oct 21, 2011 6:12 PM

Katy Area 129 Acre Multiuse Project
http://assets.bizjournals.com/housto...dering.jpg?v=1
Details
Quote:

The Houston-based developer and real estate investor is creating Katy Ranch Crossing, designed to have 750,000 square feet of retail, medical and restaurant space; 500 luxury apartment units; and a 150,000-square-foot office building. Development is expected to occur in phases during the next five-plus years. Baker expects the office component to cost more than $10 million
Source http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/p...-multiuse.html

Dylan Leblanc Oct 23, 2011 5:52 PM

Luxury high-rise apartments planned inside the Loop

PM Realty Group LP plans to build a 35-story apartment tower on a prime site inside the Loop, where the Confederate House, formerly State Grille, served diners for more than 50 years.

More - http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/p...s-planned.html

N90 Oct 25, 2011 8:14 PM

An update to the Pleasure Pier in Galveston. They now have their own official website, http://www.pleasure-pier.com/ and Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galves...77272299004361

It's well underway with construction and is looking towards a summer 2012 opening. Really exciting stuff, a pier is just what the Houston Metropolitan Area was in need of. Now if they can get that theme park underway it would be something else!

Here are some construction photo's via its Facebook page:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...26566327_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...14933605_n.jpg

N90 Oct 26, 2011 10:17 PM

Buffalo Bayou Master Plan moving forward in phases:

Details:
Quote:

The Buffalo Bayou Foundation is proposing a 158-acre park near the DePelchin Children’s Center as well as renovated trails and new pedestrian bridges.
The improvements will also include returning the area to a more natural state, the report said.
Link: http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/m...t-efforts.html

3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands:
http://assets.bizjournals.com/housto...dering.jpg?v=1
Details:
Quote:

A 192,000-square-foot office building that will soon be under construction in The Woodlands. The office structure will be finished in early 2013.
Link: http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...woodlands.html

TexasPlaya Oct 29, 2011 4:16 AM

More details emerged about the Buffalo Bayou master plan that N90 posted previously:

Swamplot: More Pedestrian Bridges and Other Twists and Turns in the Plans for Buffalo Bayou Park

Quote:

Part of the $50 million plan to turn the banks of Buffalo Bayou west of Downtown from Sabine St. to Shepherd Dr. into a single, continuous linear park: a new entry plaza on Sabine St. at the city waterworks station (near the skatepark, above), a small lake at the end of Dunlavy St., and 3 new pedestrian bridges. One of the bridges is planned for a site just east of Shepherd; another across from the police officer memorial; and the third at Jackson Hill St. Also: lighting, new water features, public art, renovated trails, and a dog park....More than half of the money for the project has already been donated by the Kinder Foundation; the Buffalo Bayou Partnership is hoping to raise the remaining $20 million. Target completion date: 2015.
http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploa...-park-plan.jpg

This is approximately 2 miles in length. I can't wait to watch this progress, Buffalo Bayou has so much potential and now it can be realized.

Light rail update:

Saw this on Swamplot:

East End: Intersection at Harrisburg and Lockwood
Video Link


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.