SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   [Halifax] RBC Waterside Centre | 37 m | 9 fl | Completed (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144928)

JET Sep 5, 2014 4:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 6718219)
At least it's not a lighthouse.

Speaking of lighthouses; I was walking by the Trillium today and noted the 'Daleks' standing guard. Any thoughts on the new 'Doctor' ?
Fridays are good days to stray off-topic. :tup:

pblaauw Sep 6, 2014 12:10 AM

There is now a white/yellow EY (Ernst & Young) logo on the south face of the Duke/Lwr Water corner of the building.

MeEtc Sep 6, 2014 6:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pblaauw (Post 6718971)
There is now a white/yellow EY (Ernst & Young) logo on the south face of the Duke/Lwr Water corner of the building.

Yep, they occupy the 6th floor.

counterfactual Sep 7, 2014 5:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pblaauw (Post 6718971)

It looks great. Saw it tonight.

Grav Sep 25, 2014 1:29 AM

Went to the new bank for the first time. Pretty casual compared to the old building. I just came from work and felt over dressed for the occasion! A bank should be clad in expensive marble or other stone, not look like a living room with hardwood floors.

Because CIBC also renovated their bank the only nice bank left is Scotiabanks downtown location. All the rest are living rooms now. :yuck:

JET Sep 25, 2014 1:00 PM

Scotia Bank is an impressive interior. More grand than the 'Elephant and Castle', but the E&C is very nice.

OldDartmouthMark Sep 25, 2014 1:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET (Post 6742777)
Scotia Bank is an impressive interior. More grand than the 'Elephant and Castle', but the E&C is very nice.

I agree. Took a look during Doors Open this year and was very impressed. It is a beautiful building!

A little off-topic, but has there been any word on the status of the 'Elephant and Castle' bank building? I heard another restaurant was going to open there some time ago, but that seems to have fizzled out.

Drybrain Sep 25, 2014 1:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark (Post 6742812)
I agree. Took a look during Doors Open this year and was very impressed. It is a beautiful building!

A little off-topic, but has there been any word on the status of the 'Elephant and Castle' bank building? I heard another restaurant was going to open there some time ago, but that seems to have fizzled out.

I assumed that was on hold after the Commerce Square project was proposed—now that it's on hold, I wonder if occupation of the building is also on hold. Would be a shame to see it go empty for years for that reason, but I understand why a tenant wouldn't want to go in there (and set up in such a big space) just to get booted during a lengthy construction period.

kph06 Sep 25, 2014 1:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark (Post 6742812)

Last time I walked by and looked in the windows it was being used as an office/workshop/storage for the TD renovation. It was weird seeing the old decor but with temporary wood shelving and tools. Hopefully it can be restored after work is complete.

Jonovision Oct 15, 2016 3:56 PM

A giant sticky note billboard has gone up in the windows of Waterside Centre for Nocturne.

https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5560/3...291b7ad1_k.jpg20161014_171356 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

Keith P. Oct 15, 2016 5:30 PM

Who is shown and what is it saying?

Aya_Akai Oct 19, 2016 2:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 7594480)
Who is shown and what is it saying?

#make150count

Initiative run by RBC (search #make150count on twitter) celebrating Canada's 150 years and promoting investing in our country's youth. RBC gives people $150, to do something good for their community. Portraits in post-it notes are pictures of some of the people who have participated.