SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

p_xavier Feb 26, 2018 1:44 PM

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...routes-in-s18/

Quote:

Azores Airlines updates A321neo new routes in S18

By Jim Liu
Posted
26 February 2018 11:00
Share this article
Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Google+
2
Shares
Azores Airlines in recent schedule update filed adjustment to its planned Airbus A321neo operation, as the airline adjusts planned destination to North America.

Ponta Delgada – Montreal 07JUN18 – 27SEP18 1 weekly
Ponta Delgada – Providence 08JUN18 – 28SEP18 1 weekly

Previously planned A321neo service on Ponta Delgada – Toronto route from 25MAR18, is now postponed until 31OCT18. Planned A321neo service on Terceira – Lisbon route remains unchanged, with 1 weekly flight from 29MAR18. Between June and September 2018, this route will receive up to 3 weekly A321neo operating service.

G.S MTL Feb 27, 2018 11:40 PM

YUL

January 2018

1,421,794 +5.5%

starting off good ! :)

thenoflyzone Feb 28, 2018 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 8101764)
YUL

January 2018

1,421,794 +5.5%

starting off good ! :)

:tup:

August this year will more than likely break the 2 million mark for the first time. Maybe even July !

G.S MTL Feb 28, 2018 4:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8101789)
:tup:

August this year will more than likely break the 2 million mark for the first time. Maybe even July !

yup !!! things loooking good.... if we manage to hit 20 million for 2018 would be amazing !! but even a little Under 20 million, I would be satisfied, cause that means for 2019, over 21 million ! :). Things should be steady.

thenoflyzone Feb 28, 2018 5:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 8102462)
yup !!! things loooking good.... if we manage to hit 20 million for 2018 would be amazing !! but even a little Under 20 million, I would be satisfied, cause that means for 2019, over 21 million ! :). Things should be steady.

20 mil for this year will be hard. It would require a 10.1% increase. I'm forecasting more a 6-7% increase overall this year.

DrNest Feb 28, 2018 8:16 PM

I flew through CYUL four times last year. I don't have any flights planned this year, that'll bring the numbers down... :runaway:

zahav Mar 2, 2018 5:34 AM

Did ASL Airlines cancel Halifax service for the upcoming season? Nothing is available for booking anymore, and it's taken off their website as a destination? It used to be listed and available on booking, but seems to have disappeared?

ghYHZ Mar 2, 2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zahav (Post 8105036)
Did ASL Airlines cancel Halifax service for the upcoming season? Nothing is available for booking anymore, and it's taken off their website as a destination? It used to be listed and available on booking, but seems to have disappeared?

Yes it's cancelled and ASL will now be flying non-stop between St. Pierre and Paris. This will be St. Pierre’s first ever transatlantic service. Previously, St Pierre residents could connect with ASL in Halifax.

WestJet will now be operating the Halifax – Paris CDG route with a daily 737 MAX.

It’s too bad Halifax loses the once weekly ASL non-stop summer service to Dublin but that is still easily doable via St. John’s on WestJet’s daily YYT-DUB ‘737.

zahav Mar 3, 2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghYHZ (Post 8105134)
Yes it's cancelled and ASL will now be flying non-stop between St. Pierre and Paris. This will be St. Pierre’s first ever transatlantic service. Previously, St Pierre residents could connect with ASL in Halifax.

WestJet will now be operating the Halifax – Paris CDG route with a daily 737 MAX.

It’s too bad Halifax loses the once weekly ASL non-stop summer service to Dublin but that is still easily doable via St. John’s on WestJet’s daily YYT-DUB ‘737.

Thanks for the info! Yes the daily WS service to Paris is definitely better, and with the LGW on WS as well, still a big improvement in Euro servide

thenoflyzone Mar 3, 2018 8:12 PM

YYZ still hasn't published 2017 full year stats :gaah:

thenoflyzone Mar 4, 2018 1:01 AM

Toronto saw a record 43.7 million tourists in 2017, up 3.6% compared to 2016. 28.2 million were same day visitors (+3.3%), and 15.5 million were overnight visitors (+4.1%).

Mexican visitors +72%
India +31%
Brazil +23%
S. Korea +24%

https://globalnews.ca/news/3983802/t...2017-visitors/

Montreal, and in fact the entire province of Quebec saw a tourism boom as well. Quebec City set a record, and Montreal saw the second highest growth in tourists of any Canadian city (article doesn't say which city came in first). Montreal's 375th anniversary attracted more international tourists, and Quebec city saw a spike in S. Korean visitors, mostly due to a S.Korean tv show shot in Quebec City.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4059509/q...m-in-tourists/

According to the following sources from late last year, Montreal was expecting 11.2 million overnight visitors in 2017, up from 10.2 million in 2016, so an almost 10% increase.

Mexican visitors +119% in 2017
Chinese +32% in 2017

Cruise ship traffic rose 20% in 2017 and is expected to increase roughly the same this year.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...2017-1.4177722

http://montrealgazette.com/business/...ar-in-montreal

Vancouver overnight visitors in 2017 was 10.3 million, highest its ever been, but a modest increase compared to 2016 (10.04 million)

https://www.tourismvancouver.com/med...ry-fast-facts/

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-n...sitors-in-2016

Bourkky Mar 4, 2018 5:46 PM

Heard something this week about ADM refusing "flights" this coming summer. Anybody heard anything like this too? Heard it from an ADM Apron controller employee. If true, what flights were refused? New company? Already establish company that wanted to increase frequency? And also if true, ADM needs to hurry up with terminal expansion.

thenoflyzone Mar 5, 2018 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourkky (Post 8107258)
Heard something this week about ADM refusing "flights" this coming summer. Anybody heard anything like this too? Heard it from an ADM Apron controller employee. If true, what flights were refused? New company? Already establish company that wanted to increase frequency? And also if true, ADM needs to hurry up with terminal expansion.

They don't have enough gates at peak times, so this was inevitable. They will start boarding at remote gates this summer. They bought brand new buses for this.

Extensive towing operations have become the norm here (AC and TS). Have a look at latest imagery on Google Earth. ADM built remote parking north of runway 10/28, so that the tows don't go too far (specifically TS, as their hangar is next to the threshold to rwy 24R). This meant we couldn't use rwy 10/28.

Rwy 06L/24R and taxiway B need to be closed this spring/summer, as well as summer 2019, so we need to use rwy 10/28 in order to have at least 2 operational runways at all times. This means that the newly built remote parking needs to be decommissioned. ADM started doing that this week.( Brand new light poles came down.) They had changed all of runway 10/28s lights to blue, as it was going to be a taxiway for the foreseeable future, so the white lights need to return before we can use it. Huge cluster fuck on their part. This is what happens when there is no long term planning at a company.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now.

thenoflyzone Mar 7, 2018 3:28 AM

Norwegian Air Intl has applied with the CTA for service to Canada, commencing July 23, 2018.

https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/2018-a-36

If D8's recent US destinations in New England are any indication, this bodes well for places like YOW, YQB, YYT, YHZ and YQM.

MTLskyline Mar 7, 2018 4:35 AM

The Quebec Government is injecting $800K to study the construction of a terminal at St. Hubert Airport.

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/03/0...re-a-st-hubert

GreaterMontréal Mar 7, 2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTLskyline (Post 8110587)
The Quebec Government is injecting $800K to study the construction of a terminal at St. Hubert Airport.

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/03/0...re-a-st-hubert

mostly for regional flights.

thenoflyzone Mar 7, 2018 1:17 PM

As I said a few months ago, a terminal building was the missing link. With that in place, and proper road access/public transit to make getting to downtown quicker, there is no reason why YHU cannot emulate YTZ.

PD could become a possible candidate that would move from YUL to YHU, as they target O&D, and their interline agreements are minimal, and mostly aimed through American destinations.

This being said, if proper transit options aren't put in place, PD could stay put at YUL. After all, once the REM becomes operational, YUL-downtown will take around 25 minutes.

p_xavier Mar 7, 2018 1:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8110787)
As I said a few months ago, a terminal building was the missing link. With that in place, and proper road access/public transit to make getting to downtown quicker, there is no reason why YHU cannot emulate YTZ.

PD could become a possible candidate that would move from YUL to YHU, as they target O&D, and their interline agreements are minimal, and mostly aimed through American destinations.

This being said, if proper transit options aren't put in place, PD could stay put at YUL. Once the REM becomes operational, YUL-downtown will take around 25 minutes.

18 minutes with express service to the Airport. Hence I don't see the point of catching a plane at YHU. It takes about 20 minutes by car to get there, there's no clear benefit for someone DT.

thenoflyzone Mar 7, 2018 1:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_jeffrey (Post 8110801)
18 minutes with express service to the Airport. Hence I don't see the point of catching a plane at YHU. It takes about 20 minutes by car to get there, there's no clear benefit for someone DT.

There are a few benefits. Cheaper landing fees, no gate hold issues due to capacity constraints at YUL, etc. The domestic jetty at YUL is not getting any bigger, and yet airlines keep adding flights.

Not saying it's a clear cut win for YHU, but there are benefits.

thenoflyzone Mar 7, 2018 11:04 PM

So apparently Norwegian Air Intl (D8) has already contracted ground crew at YHM.

Most likely routes, DUB-YHM or EDI-YHM. LGW-YHM also a possibility, but that's pushing the 7M8s range on the westbound leg.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.