SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   St. John's (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=700)
-   -   [St. John's] Retail Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198935)

Crisisnf Feb 8, 2024 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrakis (Post 10139437)
According to Avalon Malls’s Facebook page Lindt Chocolate will be opening a store in March in the the mall.

Can confirm. Saw the signage in the Mall today. Can't quute remember whrre, perhaps near tge Source? This was first announced when the released plans fir the mall reno.

Arrakis Feb 9, 2024 7:44 AM

Yeah I remember seeing the malls renovation floor plans a few years ago with Lindt store being in there. I think the original location for it was around where the Bubble Tea place is now across from Old Navy. Look forward to seeing their selection when they open.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisisnf (Post 10139482)
Can confirm. Saw the signage in the Mall today. Can't quute remember whrre, perhaps near tge Source? This was first announced when the released plans for the mall reno.


Larla77 Mar 1, 2024 1:44 PM

Saw a job ad for a manager for Aritzia in St. John's. Not sure if we're getting that store or if its supposed to be Saint John.

https://www.workopolis.com/jobsearch...5jOirDvpwks_w9

Arrakis Mar 2, 2024 6:10 AM

Body Shop is restructuring and closing a third of its Canadian stores including the location in Corner Brook. Check the Retail Insider link below for story…

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...ST_EMAIL_ID%5D

MelH Mar 6, 2024 1:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larla77 (Post 10155532)
Saw a job ad for a manager for Aritzia in St. John's. Not sure if we're getting that store or if its supposed to be Saint John.

https://www.workopolis.com/jobsearch...5jOirDvpwks_w9

That link is for a job at St. John's Towncentre...in Jacksonville, Florida! :)

Arrakis Apr 4, 2024 7:36 PM

Avalon Mall on its facebook page has announced that Forever21 will be opening soon in the mall. I recently seen Forever21 banners hanging inside of the Urban Planet store. Not sure if Urban Planet is being rebranded as Forever21 or if it’s going to be a separate store.

PoscStudent Apr 4, 2024 7:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrakis (Post 10178233)
Avalon Mall on its facebook page has announced that Forever21 will be opening soon in the mall. I recently seen Forever21 banners hanging inside of the Urban Planet store. Not sure if Urban Planet is being rebranded as Forever21 or if it’s going to be a separate store.

Searched Forever 21 and their website redirects to Urban Planet.

NewfBC Apr 8, 2024 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrakis (Post 10178233)
Avalon Mall on its facebook page has announced that Forever21 will be opening soon in the mall. I recently seen Forever21 banners hanging inside of the Urban Planet store. Not sure if Urban Planet is being rebranded as Forever21 or if it’s going to be a separate store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 10178236)
Searched Forever 21 and their website redirects to Urban Planet.

The company behind Urban Planet bought the Forever 21 name in Canada. It will basically be an Urban Planet store with the same Forever 21.. selling the same Urban Planet crap.

Ron.

NLResident Apr 15, 2024 5:14 PM

Best Buy Express
 
Anyone know if The Source in the Avalon amall will shut down like the one in the village mall? Most of them are closing randomly and rebranding as "Best Buy Express". It would be great to see one of them in a mall so I'm not on the bus for almost 2 hours going to Stavanger. Thanks in advance

Crisisnf Apr 16, 2024 2:00 AM

Can confirm. If you have Source gift cards, consider ysing them.

At this time, The Source gift cards are valid at The Source stores or online at thesource.ca. To check your current gift card balance, visit https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/Gift-cards or phone 1-866-515-5855.

NLResident May 1, 2024 3:02 PM

Hbc
 
Saw a company exploring empty spaces in the village mall near West Side Charlies.

wmemeadusjr May 2, 2024 2:04 PM

I posted this on the Galway thread as well. Under Armour is opening a 10,000 sq ft store in the parking lot across from Marshall's and Dollarama. Basically a large extension to the strip that houses Rogers, Urban Shoe and Rooster's. Construction has already started with footings being poured now. It's possible that they could be open in time for Christmas. The extension will also house another retailer roughly 5000 sq ft that is yet to be named.

Arrakis May 2, 2024 8:44 PM

What is your source for this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr (Post 10197115)
I posted this on the Galway thread as well. Under Armour is opening a 10,000 sq ft store in the parking lot across from Marshall's and Dollarama. Basically a large extension to the strip that houses Rogers, Urban Shoe and Rooster's. Construction has already started with footings being poured now. It's possible that they could be open in time for Christmas. The extension will also house another retailer roughly 5000 sq ft that is yet to be named.


HockeyMan06 May 6, 2024 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrakis (Post 10197461)
What is your source for this?

Telegram just put this out https://www.saltwire.com/newfoundlan...dor-100962491/

PoscStudent May 6, 2024 3:05 PM

I love under armour but only buy it at winners when it’s on sale. Hopefully the under armour store has a big clearance section. :)

Crisisnf Jun 7, 2024 1:52 AM

Danier opening in Avalon Mall. Memories of the 90s.

Mkmw Jun 17, 2024 5:12 PM

Avalon Mall Facebook page posted today promoting a new store being announced later this week - anyone know the details?

NLResident Jun 18, 2024 2:31 PM

I'm hoping it's Spencers. Back when the mall was first being renovated they were looking at opening a spot. But when covid hit they decided to push off the Newfoundland opening and opened another store in New Brunswick.

Also someone who works and helped set it up to open (not owned) the newest Spencers in New Brunswick is also from Newfoundland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkmw (Post 10227306)
Avalon Mall Facebook page posted today promoting a new store being announced later this week - anyone know the details?


PoscStudent Jun 18, 2024 4:43 PM

Never heard tell of Spencers.

DyAm00394 Jun 18, 2024 5:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLResident (Post 10228018)
I'm hoping it's Spencers. Back when the mall was first being renovated they were looking at opening a spot. But when covid hit they decided to push off the Newfoundland opening and opened another store in New Brunswick.

Also someone who works and helped set it up to open (not owned) the newest Spencers in New Brunswick is also from Newfoundland.

Are you confused with Hot Topic? Because Spencer’s hasn’t opened any new stores in NB in over a decade I believe. Hot Topic recently opened a 2nd NB location in Fredericton. They also just recently expanded to Halifax Nova Scotia as well. Them and their sister-brand Torrid and expanding with multiple new locations popping up in Atlantic Canada. My bet is probably Hot Topic.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.