SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

Airboy Jan 10, 2013 4:22 PM

Gawd No. I will miss that mad dash from the plane to the terminal. and that patch of ice just before the stairs.

Chadillaccc Jan 10, 2013 4:34 PM

lmao! :P

Surrealplaces Jan 10, 2013 10:40 PM

YYC update

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8516/8...38007e6c_b.jpg
YYC terminal expansion and new hotel by LUMIN8, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8072/8...576f9cea_b.jpg
YYC new hotel by LUMIN8, on Flickr

q12 Jan 27, 2013 4:58 PM

Halifax Stanfield photos of the new runway extension:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sites/d...9A25I3O.11.jpg

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sites/d...9A25I3O.11.jpg

http://thechronicleherald.ca/busines...ted-big-planes

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/to..._620x349_1.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/to..._620x349_1.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...extension.html

Andrewjm3D Jan 27, 2013 6:07 PM

The new GO connection from the PATH connection to Union Station that will only service Pearson. This section of the path has been dead for years so it's a good use of wasted space.

http://www.metrolinx.com/en/projects...ng-800x600.jpg

The 2 car trains that will depart Union and Pearson every 15 minutes.
Image provided by metrolinx and posted on U/T
http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2012/08/...ction-underway
http://urbantoronto.ca/sites/default...6286-20184.jpg

isaidso Jan 27, 2013 9:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrewjm3D (Post 5989649)
The new GO connection from the PATH connection to Union Station that will only service Pearson. This section of the path has been dead for years so it's a good use of wasted space.

That thing is packed every time the Argonauts or Blue Jays are playing.

isaidso Jan 27, 2013 9:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 5924918)

Is there one for the Eskimos as well?

Coldrsx Jan 27, 2013 9:27 PM

Yes there is.

Bigtime Jan 28, 2013 3:08 PM

A shot of the new YYC airport hotel from the AC Express gates, took this last week before boarding my flight to YXE:

http://i.imgur.com/MEkI7d5l.jpg

Airboy Jan 29, 2013 12:37 AM

[QUOTE=Bigtime;5990561]A shot of the new YYC airport hotel from the AC Express gates, took this last week before boarding my flight

Last time I was through I thought I saw frames for operable windows on the airside. I would have thought there would be a security issue.

ZeDgE Jan 29, 2013 2:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtime (Post 5990561)
A shot of the new YYC airport hotel from the AC Express gates, took this last week before boarding my flight to YXE:

http://i.imgur.com/MEkI7d5l.jpg

That looks big. Will the Delta hotel still remain open?

Bigtime Jan 29, 2013 2:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeDgE (Post 5991416)
That looks big. Will the Delta hotel still remain open?

I've heard conflicting reports, some saying the original Delta will stay open as a lower cost option, and of course the other rumour that the Delta will close when this one is ready to open up.

SKYSTHELIMIT Jan 30, 2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtime (Post 5991806)
I've heard conflicting reports, some saying the original Delta will stay open as a lower cost option, and of course the other rumour that the Delta will close when this one is ready to open up.

If closure are thinking about removing it to give the garage more space and flow?

Airboy Jan 31, 2013 3:30 PM

The short list for the Iqaluit ATB should be anounced in the next few weeks.

And then this comes across my desk this morning.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/...e-testing.html

Chadillaccc Mar 11, 2013 7:23 PM

YXE by Kalin
 
Saskatooooooon

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalin_10 (Post 6046273)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0815.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0816.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0817.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0818.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0819.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0820.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0821.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0838.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0842.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0847.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0850.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0851.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0855.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73135295/Sa...n/IMAG0856.jpg

I will take additional photo's within the next couple of weeks and post a March update shortly thereafter.


Pavlov Mar 11, 2013 8:09 PM

^ Very nice, Saskatoon. Looks pretty big city. I hated the old terminal but this will no doubt be a huge improvement.

Chadillaccc Mar 11, 2013 8:22 PM

Yeah, I'm quite impressed with the breadth of infrastructure improvements going on nation-wide.

Vancouver recently fully reno-d their airport, built a new skytrain line to their airport
Calgary doubling the size of their airport, built a new LRT line, and proposed an LRT connection to the airport
Edmonton vastly increasing the size of their airport, building new LRT line
Saskatoon vastly increasing the size of their airport, ring road nearly complete, council starting to talk about a future LRT system
Regina ?
Winnipeg vastly increased the size of their airport, constructed first leg of a dedicated BRT
Toronto building a link between airport and Union Station
Montreal ?
Quebec City's gorgeous addition to their airport, council starting to talk about a future LRT system
Halifax increasing size of their airport, council starting to talk about a future LRT system


basically every major city is doing something. When was the last time this happened? The 60s?

Coldrsx Mar 14, 2013 5:10 PM

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/healt...?size=620x400s
(http://www.edmontonjournal.com/healt...?size=620x400s)

Northern Alberta politicians tour new medevac service at Edmonton International Airport


BY ALEXANDRA ZABJEK, EDMONTON JOURNAL MARCH 13, 2013

EDMONTON - Planeloads of northern Albertans flew into the Edmonton International Airport Wednesday to inspect the gleaming white hangar that government officials insist will provide timely medical treatment and transportation once it opens later this week.

The 3,600-square-metre air ambulance base at the EIA opened its doors to almost 200 people, including 14 MLAs, mayors and councillors from northern municipalities, and a slew of media from places such as Grande Prairie who were flown in for the event. The City Centre Airport will stop taking medevac flights on Friday.

“I don’t actually think it’s about politics. I think it’s about demonstrating first-hand for people the care that’s taken to consider quality and to consider patient safety,” Health Minister Fred Horne said about the event.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/healt...166/story.html

jeddy1989 Mar 14, 2013 6:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadillaccc (Post 6046625)
Yeah, I'm quite impressed with the breadth of infrastructure improvements going on nation-wide.

Vancouver recently fully reno-d their airport, built a new skytrain line to their airport
Calgary doubling the size of their airport, built a new LRT line, and proposed an LRT connection to the airport
Edmonton vastly increasing the size of their airport, building new LRT line
Saskatoon vastly increasing the size of their airport, ring road nearly complete, council starting to talk about a future LRT system
Regina ?
Winnipeg vastly increased the size of their airport, constructed first leg of a dedicated BRT
Toronto building a link between airport and Union Station
Montreal ?
Quebec City's gorgeous addition to their airport, council starting to talk about a future LRT system
Halifax increasing size of their airport, council starting to talk about a future LRT system


basically every major city is doing something. When was the last time this happened? The 60s?

St. John's as well is doubling the size of the Airport and upgrading the runway system so that 98% of flights will get in and out no matter the fog ;)

PhotoJim Mar 18, 2013 5:44 PM

Regina's got plans too. Recently a large atrium on the upper floor of the terminal was converted to seating space due to shortages of seating during busy flight periods, and a NEXUS security lane was added. A major terminal renovation/reconstruction is scheduled - I believe it's planned to begin about 2015.

Passenger volume is now over 1.2 million passengers a year and we have scheduled service to YVR, YEG, YYC, YXE, YWG, YYZ, YOW, PHX, LAS, DEN, MSP and ORD plus the usual winter charters.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.