SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

SkydivePilot Jun 4, 2016 1:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmt18325 (Post 7456107)
That 1" width difference per seat is pretty big for me. I'm a little worried that I might have trouble with the new 3-4-3 777, as it's the same width as the 737. Maybe it's more about the shoulder room, I'm not sure.

I found the Rouge 767 interior to be very tolerable. I haven't yet tried the 319 or 321 yet though. I know you lose an inch of pitch over the 767, but gain a half inch of width.

Rouge's '319s are HORRIBLE!!!!! (Especially if one is 6' 4"" like I am.) ESPECIALLY on a 4+ hour flight.

Never again.

SkydivePilot Jun 4, 2016 1:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinus (Post 7453852)
Funny, a mere few hours ago there were zero, zilch, nada flights from Toony to MSP.

Something odd seems to be occurring. That being said, I too believe Toony will get the axe from Delta within the year.

Regrettably, it'll likely happen in Saskatoon as well

"Where there's smoke, there's fire."

G.S MTL Jun 4, 2016 3:28 PM

Sata international YUL-PDL will
Now use A333 to Montreal and not the A310 ....I will Update the list soon and if anyone has any updates please let me know thank you

thenoflyzone Jun 5, 2016 4:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourkky (Post 7462438)
Qatar Cargo to commence Halifax in July. Guess all those Lobsters going onto the YUL-DOH flight will now be loaded on the new Halifax flight!



http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...rom-july-2016/

KE Cargo last year. Now QR Cargo. Nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 7463153)
Sata international YUL-PDL will
Now use A333 to Montreal and not the A310 ....I will Update the list soon and if anyone has any updates please let me know thank you

Nice upgauge.

G.S MTL Jun 5, 2016 6:27 PM

sorry its A332 Sata International (Azores Airlines ) and Air France will not use the A343 this summer... 772-772-773 for their 3 daily CDG-YUL.

G.S MTL Jun 5, 2016 6:39 PM

updated YUL
http://s33.postimg.org/s55uqy60v/YUL.png

SFUVancouver Jun 6, 2016 5:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmt18325 (Post 7456107)
That 1" width difference per seat is pretty big for me. I'm a little worried that I might have trouble with the new 3-4-3 777, as it's the same width as the 737. Maybe it's more about the shoulder room, I'm not sure.

I recently took an Air Canada 772 from YVR to SYD and it was one of the new 3-4-3 interior 777s. Avoid the middle section! The seat pillars seriously get in the way of leg room. Definitely stick to the aisles if necessary and avoid E & especially F seats like the plague. The reduced knee room is definitely noticeable, too. I did not enjoy my 16 hours in an F seat with both a seat pillar and an in-flight entertainment system box sitting right where my feet would go.

LeftCoaster Jun 7, 2016 11:24 PM

Xpost from the Van local:
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster (Post 7466703)
YVR just released their April stats, coming back down to earth a bit:

Overall up 5.4% an increase of 82,041 over April 2015

Domestic up 4.3%
Transborder up 1.9%
Asia Pacific up 13.8%
Europe up 2.7%
Misc Int'l up 14.6%

Ttl Int'l up 11.2%

A little disappointing, but I don't think there were any new services starting in April so not a ton of room for growth.

Transborder continues to struggle, hopefully the summer tourist season can perk it up a bit.


Alexcaban Jun 8, 2016 1:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster (Post 7466719)
Xpost from the Van local:

AC just announced a reduction of service on YVR-PHX and YVR-PSP.

Thats adding to the already reduced service in YUL/YYZ-FLL and YYZ-HNL

G.S MTL Jun 8, 2016 2:26 AM

Air China has reduced HAV via YUL to only 1 weekly from
July 15 to October 29

Johnny Aussie Jun 8, 2016 6:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexcaban (Post 7466818)
AC just announced a reduction of service on YVR-PHX and YVR-PSP.

It's just a reduction of frequency but not "service." Both routes are being up-gauged to a 763 from the 319. Still rouge.
So seat count actually goes up on a weekly basis although only marginally.

zahav Jun 8, 2016 7:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster (Post 7466719)
Xpost from the Van local:

It is a breather in some ways, but massive growth in Asia Pacific and Misc., and still up a healthy 5.4% overall. Just for comparison in April, Edmonton declined 9.8%, Calgary declied 2.2%, and Montreal only increased 1.5%. So all things considered, quite respectable. Looking to summer #s when the additional services kick in

nname Jun 8, 2016 9:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie (Post 7467041)
It's just a reduction of frequency but not "service." Both routes are being up-gauged to a 763 from the 319. Still rouge.
So seat count actually goes up on a weekly basis although only marginally.

2x weekly 763
5x weekly 319

isn't that quite a big increase compare to last year?

Johnny Aussie Jun 8, 2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nname (Post 7467074)
2x weekly 763
5x weekly 319

isn't that quite a big increase compare to last year?

PHX is going to 4x weekly 763
PSP is going to 3x weekly 763

Last winter both were daily 319.

So combined 7 weekly 763 vs 14 weekly 319 last winter.

Don't forget rouge closed their 319 base at YVR and YVR rouge is now 763 Exclusive.... so any 319 flights would have to rotate through with YYZ base.

thenoflyzone Jun 8, 2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 7466863)
Air China has reduced HAV via YUL to only 1 weekly from
July 15 to October 29

Honestly, surprised they didn't cancel that leg to Cuba altogether. What's the point of flying one weekly.

PEK-YUL must be doing ok, as they didn't reduce frequency there.

nname Jun 8, 2016 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie (Post 7467082)
PHX is going to 4x weekly 763
PSP is going to 3x weekly 763

Last winter both were daily 319.

So combined 7 weekly 763 vs 14 weekly 319 last winter.

Don't forget rouge closed their 319 base at YVR and YVR rouge is now 763 Exclusive.... so any 319 flights would have to rotate through with YYZ base.

Weird... AC booking system still shows daily mix of 319 and 763 through most of the winter... its not updated yet? :shrug:

LeftCoaster Jun 8, 2016 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexcaban (Post 7466818)
AC just announced a reduction of service on YVR-PHX and YVR-PSP.

Thats adding to the already reduced service in YUL/YYZ-FLL and YYZ-HNL

Here's the release for PSP. Not sure where the PHX info is coming from.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...routes-in-w16/

Like others have said 7x 767 service is an increase of 56 seats per week over 14x 319 service.

G.S MTL Jun 8, 2016 7:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 7467131)
Honestly, surprised they didn't cancel that leg to Cuba altogether. What's the point of flying one weekly.

PEK-YUL must be doing ok, as they didn't reduce frequency there.

Yeah looks like PEK-YUL is doing fine....any news on PVG-YUL with Air China? Last I heard they wanted to start in September 2016 7x a week ! What are the chances?

LeftCoaster Jun 8, 2016 8:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 7467780)
Yeah looks like PEK-YUL is doing fine....any news on PVG-YUL with Air China? Last I heard they wanted to start in September 2016 7x a week ! What are the chances?

Chances it launches 7x per week in September? I'd say roughly 0. Getting a little late for a September launch at all at this point.

Air China will go 7x to their Beijing hub long before they run 7x to China Eastern's Shanghai hub.

Johnny Aussie Jun 9, 2016 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nname (Post 7467374)
Weird... AC booking system still shows daily mix of 319 and 763 through most of the winter... its not updated yet? :shrug:

Yes very strange huh!?

Watch those 319s disappear in the next few days...

All very mysterious... waahhahaaa

Sorry to be posting minor YVR specific stuff in the Canada section, just wanted to point out PSP and PHX are not being "reduced."


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.