SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

dl3000 Aug 4, 2008 7:01 AM

Yeah, otherwise the second city by size is Chula Vista I think, right?

Derek Aug 4, 2008 7:10 AM

San Diego - about 1,315,000
Chula Vista - about 228,000
Oceanside - about 173,000
Escondido - about 141,000
Carlsbad - about 90,000

bmfarley Aug 4, 2008 5:16 PM

I feel I am entering North County when passing the I5/I805 merge.... and the SR 56.

SD-pmbs Aug 4, 2008 9:06 PM

Hello,

I am new to this forum (awesome forum) and found out that the search option is unavailable. I tried looking through the pages but there is so much information (all great information) to filter through. Does anyone know what is going on with the Pier project in Little Italy?

Thanks

bmfarley Aug 5, 2008 1:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-pmbs (Post 3714055)
Hello,

I am new to this forum (awesome forum) and found out that the search option is unavailable. I tried looking through the pages but there is so much information (all great information) to filter through. Does anyone know what is going on with the Pier project in Little Italy?

Thanks

I like that poject and have followed it in the past. Very little has been discussed here. Personally, I do know that construction documents were distributed for project review.... transportation, water, electricity, other departments/agencies for their input. That was several months ago; 6-12. I don't know where it is now.

SD-pmbs Aug 5, 2008 4:04 AM

Thanks bmfarley. I have not heard anything in a while and just assumed that I some how missed it.

Marina_Guy Aug 5, 2008 4:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-pmbs (Post 3714785)
Thanks bmfarley. I have not heard anything in a while and just assumed that I some how missed it.

I understand Citymark has the land up for sale...

HurricaneHugo Aug 6, 2008 2:47 AM

pier project?

Jobohimself Aug 6, 2008 3:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laguna (Post 3712935)
I always feel like I am getting into north county when I pass Del Mar Racetrack. I think Carlsbad is the real powerhouse economically in the north.

Escondido and Oceanside definitely eclipse Cbad.

I am from Escondido, and we continue to grow, economically and by population.

mello Aug 6, 2008 4:46 AM

Ok guys here they are, my dream towers for downtown
San Diego perfect for the Marriot site. They are almost
twins but not really. Circle on Caville -- Gold Coast. Another
forumer had a night time shot of these a couple pages back
but here is what they really look like.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/...48ce6404_o.jpg
:righton:
This could even work on the NBC or Lane Field site in my
opinion if they were placed back far enough from the bay
then you could have open space in front of them. I think I would
be satisfied if San Diego got these towers and no other talls for
a couple years. :cheers:

sandiegodweller Aug 6, 2008 5:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobohimself (Post 3716862)
Escondido and Oceanside definitely eclipse Cbad.

I am from Escondido, and we continue to grow, economically and by population.

As an interested party who owns two rental properties in Escondido, I will say that Escondido is the biggest cesspool in the region. To compare it to Carlsbad is a joke.

The dregs of society that congregate there are alarming.

If you don't believe me, come along next time I go and collect rent.

SDCAL Aug 7, 2008 7:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegodweller (Post 3717035)
As an interested party who owns two rental properties in Escondido, I will say that Escondido is the biggest cesspool in the region. To compare it to Carlsbad is a joke.

The dregs of society that congregate there are alarming.

If you don't believe me, come along next time I go and collect rent.

not surprising - wasn't Escondido ranked one of the top 10 most conservative/Republican cities in the country a year or so ago?

laguna Aug 7, 2008 4:52 PM

Actually, Carlsbad is mostly conservative and Escondido is mostly democrats. Take your political crap to Daily Kos.

SDCAL Aug 7, 2008 7:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laguna (Post 3720232)
Actually, Carlsbad is mostly conservative and Escondido is mostly democrats. Take your political crap to Daily Kos.

care to site your source?

from the UT

"A new study, which ranks the largest U.S. cities from most liberal to most conservative, dubbed Escondido the 11th most conservative city in America.

The city of 140,000 joins a list topped by red-state stalwarts Provo, Utah, and Lubbock, Texas.

Oceanside ranked 46th and Chula Vista landed 78th on the conservative list. The moderate award, however, went to the city of San Diego, which ranked 119th – smack in the middle of the 237 cities examined"

That was from 2005, but I doubt Escondido went from being the 11th most conservative city in the nation to "mostly Democrats" in 3 years

I didn't mean to offend anyone by mentioning something political, but compare skylines in the liberal cities - Seattle, SF, Chicago, NY, etc, then look at it here in this conservative city

sandiegodweller Aug 7, 2008 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCAL (Post 3720540)
care to site your source?

from the UT

"A new study, which ranks the largest U.S. cities from most liberal to most conservative, dubbed Escondido the 11th most conservative city in America.

The city of 140,000 joins a list topped by red-state stalwarts Provo, Utah, and Lubbock, Texas.

Oceanside ranked 46th and Chula Vista landed 78th on the conservative list. The moderate award, however, went to the city of San Diego, which ranked 119th – smack in the middle of the 237 cities examined"

That was from 2005, but I doubt Escondido went from being the 11th most conservative city in the nation to "mostly Democrats" in 3 years

I didn't mean to offend anyone by mentioning something political, but compare skylines in the liberal cities - Seattle, SF, Chicago, NY, etc, then look at it here in this conservative city

Per your own source, San Diego is moderate.

Escondido probably does have more registered Republicans because illegal aliens, unemployable minors, the homeless and methamphetamine addicts don't vote (but they love breaking into my properties and tagging my exterior walls).

Bottom line: Escondido sucks.

Fusey Aug 7, 2008 8:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCAL (Post 3720540)

You are aware of height limits due to downtown San Diego's proximity to the Lindbergh Field, correct? Keep in mind that San Diego is also a very young city compared to NYC and Chicago -- not to mention huge land-wise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegodweller (Post 3720624)
Bottom line: Escondido sucks.

National City is much worse. At least Escondido has nice beaches.

sandiegodweller Aug 7, 2008 8:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusey (Post 3720691)
You are aware of height limits due to downtown San Diego's proximity to the Lindbergh Field, correct? Keep in mind that San Diego is also a very young city compared to NYC and Chicago -- not to mention huge land-wise.

National City is much worse. At least Escondido has nice beaches.

Downtown Escondido is about 14 miles from the coast along the 15 freeway.

Encinitas has nice beaches.

Fusey Aug 7, 2008 10:29 PM

Oops, my bad. Brain farts.

Derek Aug 8, 2008 2:09 AM

:jester:

SDCAL Aug 8, 2008 2:29 AM

[QUOTE=Fusey;3720691]You are aware of height limits due to downtown San Diego's proximity to the Lindbergh Field, correct? QUOTE]

yes, because our conservative military town won't move the airport and voted down the proposal of using Miramar