SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

jmt18325 Feb 10, 2017 4:14 PM

Apparently this paint job is far simpler, and will cost far less in paint.

esquire Feb 10, 2017 4:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatnext (Post 7707856)
In celebration of their 80th AC really needs to ain't a retro livery using CP's Big Orange from the Seventies. One of the best ever!

:tup:

CP/Canadian had some awesome liveries. While we're at it, bring back the late 90s goose... that thing was top notch.

begratto Feb 10, 2017 4:29 PM

Good new for Montreal and WestJet ; there will be an announcement on Monday with the Transport minister Marc Garneau.

Quote:

WestJet, Canada's most trusted airline, is committing to serve its eastern guests more than ever before. On Monday, February 13, the airline, along with the Honourable Minister of Transportation, Marc Garneau, will welcome a new chapter in Montreal. We hope to see you on board at the unveiling of this new adventure.

Airboy Feb 10, 2017 6:04 PM

First Air's Tail art and CPs Goose are may favorite.

Bigtime Feb 10, 2017 6:12 PM

The Canadian North livery is very nice too.

Proud Wings with Canadian was probably the best one that came from Canada.

Bigtime Feb 10, 2017 6:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by begratto (Post 7707883)
Good new for Montreal and WestJet ; there will be an announcement on Monday with the Transport minister Marc Garneau.

Rumours? Guesses? What could this be?

jmt18325 Feb 10, 2017 6:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtime (Post 7708021)
Rumours? Guesses? What could this be?

Long haul from Montreal?

Alexcaban Feb 10, 2017 6:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtime (Post 7708021)
Rumours? Guesses? What could this be?

LOL I don't expect much from Westjet in Montreal.... maybe extra flights to YYZ.

But to be serious maybe Paris-Orly

jmt18325 Feb 10, 2017 6:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexcaban (Post 7708038)
LOL I don't expect much from Westjet in Montreal.... maybe extra flights to YYZ.

But to be serious maybe Paris-Orly

I was just going to say - Paris is most likely.

begratto Feb 10, 2017 7:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmt18325 (Post 7708043)
I was just going to say - Paris is most likely.

They would have a lot of competition on that route : there are already 8 or 9 flights per day in each direction between the two cities. 1 Corsair, 2 Air Canada, 2 or 3 Air Transat (depends on the day), and 3 Air France.

FFX-ME Feb 10, 2017 7:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by begratto (Post 7708116)
They would have a lot of competition on that route : there are already 8 or 9 flights per day in each direction between the two cities. 1 Corsair, 2 Air Canada, 2 or 3 Air Transat (depends on the day), and 3 Air France.

Really! That's insane. Why the hell doesn't Ottawa have a single flight then?

wave46 Feb 10, 2017 7:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmt18325 (Post 7708036)
Long haul from Montreal?

With what planes? They're pretty much maxed out using the 4 767s they have on their LGW runs from Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton and Winnipeg.

MalcolmTucker Feb 10, 2017 7:17 PM

Would be out of left field, but C-Series purchase?

Bigtime Feb 10, 2017 7:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalcolmTucker (Post 7708138)
Would be out of left field, but C-Series purchase?

I was just about to post this. Would be a total shocker.

Blader Feb 10, 2017 7:22 PM

Purchase of Air Transat?

esquire Feb 10, 2017 7:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blader (Post 7708147)
Purchase of Air Transat?

Now THAT would be a curveball.

wave46 Feb 10, 2017 7:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFX-ME (Post 7708132)
Really! That's insane. Why the hell doesn't Ottawa have a single flight then?

'Cause there's more money in making people fly out of Montreal.

p_xavier Feb 10, 2017 7:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esquire (Post 7708150)
Now THAT would be a curveball.

In a way it would make sense, domestic combined with international expertise would make a great competitor to Air Canada. But yeah, probably just a new route.

SignalHillHiker Feb 10, 2017 7:30 PM

This speculation had made me so anxious to know lol.

I'd guess it's Paris flights. They seem to be choosing the appropriate symbolic European cities. Dublin for us, Glasgow for HFX. Paris for MTL would align with that cute thing they've got going.

FFX-ME Feb 10, 2017 7:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wave46 (Post 7708156)
'Cause there's more money in making people fly out of Montreal.

How so?


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.