SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | 1000M (1000 S Michigan) | 805 FT | 73 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218947)

PittsburghPA Nov 2, 2019 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8737071)
^ Bombardier proves his insider creds once again.

Yea no joke..Awesome job, Bombardier. Instantly excited about this project.

Bombardier Nov 2, 2019 9:31 PM

^I figure if I'm not going to contribute to the photos, I should at least contribute to the conversation!

bhawk66 Nov 2, 2019 9:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 8737078)
Nice!

Am I the only one that actually likes the new design a lot? I dig the curves...

I like it a lot, as well. The top 75% anyway. Only part that stinks is the part it goes up and over the neighboring "landmark" building to the south. That looks so retarded, imo.

SIGSEGV Nov 3, 2019 12:41 AM

I like it too. I don't mind the overhang either, it's an interesting feature.

So if this goes up this will light a fire under the vacant lot next to the Johnson Publishing Building.

LouisVanDerWright Nov 3, 2019 1:37 AM

"Michigan Avenues Tallest Building"???

When did they Demolish the Hancock???

SteelMonkey Nov 3, 2019 2:23 AM

^ Fairly certain you could add 900 N Michigan and Water Tower Place also. 4th tallest would be more appropriate

chicubs111 Nov 3, 2019 2:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8737325)
"Michigan Avenues Tallest Building"???

When did they Demolish the Hancock???

perhaps they should say south Michigan ave tallest :rolleyes:

lakeshoredrive Nov 3, 2019 2:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIGSEGV (Post 8737295)
I like it too. I don't mind the overhang either, it's an interesting feature.

So if this goes up this will light a fire under the vacant lot next to the Johnson Publishing Building.

Was that where the Park Michigan tower was supposed to be built?

BVictor1 Nov 3, 2019 3:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive (Post 8737354)
Was that where the Park Michigan tower was supposed to be built?

Nope... That lot is a a block to the north.

kolchak Nov 3, 2019 5:48 AM

If this thing really goes (still waiting to hear that the financing is in place and what percent of the total the initial construction loan will cover) I sure hope the curved glass doesn't get VE'd. Thats an expensive curtain wall they are presenting.

BVictor1 Nov 3, 2019 6:09 AM

Quote:

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/1000m2019
1000M has sold 23% of its 421 luxury residences to date.

That ain't that promising of a figure considering they've been marketing for a bit more than a year now...

They should have never gotten rid of the rental component that was initially proposed for this tower.

kolchak Nov 3, 2019 6:09 AM

and actually on that note I was wondering how many changes they're allowed to make on a condo building. If I was a pre buyer I would expect that what I purchased would be what was presented to me. Anyone here enlighten me?

r18tdi Nov 4, 2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 8737427)
That ain't that promising of a figure considering they've been marketing for a bit more than a year now...

Marketing began back in October of 2017, so it's been TWO years!

SIGSEGV Nov 17, 2019 3:55 AM

I actually someone visiting the sales office for this building today while walking past. There might be hope for this building yet!

Mr Downtown Nov 17, 2019 9:02 AM

Nah, it was probably just BVic going in to see if they'd sold a third unit yet.

cozy Nov 17, 2019 3:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolchak (Post 8737428)
and actually on that note I was wondering how many changes they're allowed to make on a condo building. If I was a pre buyer I would expect that what I purchased would be what was presented to me. Anyone here enlighten me?

I have the same question!

For example: buyer of vista's 71st floor penthouse and roof terrace obviously sees value in the architecture

What if they added the blow-through floor and the buyer said "yeah, nevermind" :haha:

Mr Downtown Nov 17, 2019 8:37 PM

Let's just say those sales contracts were drafted by the developer's attorneys.

You'd have to prove they didn't deliver you the unit you signed for to get out of it. Changes to the units around you won't be enough.

ardecila Nov 17, 2019 9:22 PM

Yeah, condo buyers are buying location, layout, and views, and usually the interior finishes as well. The architecture of the building adds prestige but the developer won't do anything that ties their hands to adjust the overall design as needed.

west-town-brad Nov 18, 2019 6:06 PM

Developer's contracts are terribly one-sided. been through it twice.

even if the unit they build does not appraise by your bank, it's not their problem. you have to find the extra cash.

I'm probably not going to buy new again. Then again I've said that before.

cozy Nov 18, 2019 6:16 PM

sounds about right! thanks guys