SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mountain West (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Salt Lake MSA Development Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150265)

leerjet Jun 2, 2008 8:52 PM

So how was the Market Station/Elite Models grand opening celebration? Did anybody go???

delts145 Jun 4, 2008 6:48 PM

:previous:

No, but I imagine being affiliated with Elite will bring out a lot of beautiful women. Elite is a very prestigious agency. It will be interesting to see what major agencies open in the area in the next few years. I think that the metro is slated to become quite the little Hollywood before long. There was an interesting article in the Park Record regarding the industry for those who like to follow the entertainment business.

http://www.parkrecord.com/scene/ci_9467831

Elite Model opening office in South Salt Lake

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...230521,00.html

http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/5571413.jpg
An artist's rendering depicts a building that will be located at 2150 S. Main in South Salt Lake. It will house Elite Model Management. (Pulse Management)

delts145 Jun 7, 2008 12:29 PM

posting error

SLC Projects Jun 8, 2008 7:59 PM

RSL Stadium getting seats installed.

This week the stadium has been starting to get the red seats installed.

Photo link.
http://rslstadium.com/construction.html

wrendog Jun 8, 2008 8:19 PM

^^^^^ 400 seats a day. Opening is for sure going to be on October 9th with the match against the New York Red Bulls. It will be on ESPN2.

SLC Projects Jun 9, 2008 5:57 AM

I plan on going to the opening night during the first game in the new stadium.

SLC Projects Jun 10, 2008 4:39 PM

Two and two together?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrendog (Post 3581589)
Just had lunch with a friend and he said that a developer is planning on building an 8, 10 and 12 story towers in south salt lake. 30th south or so. He wants to do it now, so as to get a step on Market Station. We shall see if it pans out.

Hey wrendog, would this be the same project as the one plan for the meadowbrook station at 3900 S? It was on the news last night that UTA wants to start developing around their stations. The news even showed a rendering of what look like a highrise building for that area. Wasn't sure if this was that same project you heard about from your friend or if this was different. :shrug:

SLC Projects Jun 10, 2008 5:55 PM

Proscenium Project

The other night I sent a email to the developers who are planning the Proscenium project in Sandy. As much as I love the project and the idea of highrises coming to sandy I did had some issues just like most of you guys about can Sandy really support this kind of project and that is there really enough demand out there to fill up three 30-story towers with both housing and office space. They wrote back to me today with an answer.

My email,
"Do you guys really think there will be enough demand in the market for both housing and office space to feel up three 30-story towers? It seem like it takes years for downtown Salt Lake to fill up a 20-story building yet alone three 30-story towers in Sandy. What is the time frame of the over all project?"

Their email,
"Thanks for your comment. Very careful studies are always made before tackling any major project and those studies show a tremendous increase in population along the Wasatch Front over the next 20 years. Developers must look to the future, not just the present. In the coming years there will need to be hundreds of thousands of new homes, places to work, transportation alternatives, entertainment options and infrastructure. We have to plan today, for what tomorrow will look like. At the Proscenium we are doing that."

These guys seem really sure of them selfs and I hope this project doesn't turn out to be just a pipe dream. See what happens.

Future Mayor Jun 10, 2008 6:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLC Projects (Post 3604739)
Their email,
"Thanks for your comment. Very careful studies are always made before tackling any major project and those studies show a tremendous increase in population along the Wasatch Front over the next 20 years. Developers must look to the future, not just the present. In the coming years there will need to be hundreds of thousands of new homes, places to work, transportation alternatives, entertainment options and infrastructure. We have to plan today, for what tomorrow will look like. At the Proscenium we are doing that."

Sounds like Developer Speak for "We have no potential office tenants lined up and the market shows absolutely no demand for this particular type of product in this area of the market.

If it looks like a Triad Center, Acts like a Triad Center and Quacks like a Triad Center it must be a Triad Center.

While Brandt Andersons Lehi project is much more aggressive and grandiose, I honestly see it happening before the Proscenium.

Scraperdude801 Jun 10, 2008 7:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Mayor (Post 3604774)

If it looks like a Triad Center, Acts like a Triad Center and Quacks like a Triad Center it must be a Triad Center.

LOL

i-215 Jun 10, 2008 8:04 PM

But how else was Kashoggi supposed to retire to his beach house in Dubai? But I do agree ... I'd turn and run! The way we all should've when Dave Checketts kept asking for more money.

wrendog Jun 10, 2008 9:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLC Projects (Post 3604551)
Hey wrendog, would this be the same project as the one plan for the meadowbrook station at 3900 S? It was on the news last night that UTA wants to start developing around their stations. The news even showed a rendering of what look like a highrise building for that area. Wasn't sure if this was that same project you heard about from your friend or if this was different. :shrug:

I don't think so.. This was 30th south and State St. In a trailer park on the east side of State.

SLC Projects Jun 11, 2008 6:05 AM

Proscenium project could be closer then we thought.

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story...5-04fe88b1c7c0

SANDY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - It's an idea that will change Sandy City's skyline forever. Three towers, one as high as 30 stories, are being proposed for the city's commercial area.

The Sandy Proscenium project would be built near 200 West and 10000 South.

"It was not something we had originally anticipated, but the more we looked at it and saw their presentation, the more exciting it became," said Sandy City Assistant City Administrator Scott Bond.

The proposed site of the Sandy Proscenium sits in a commercial zone that's ripe for development.

The first phase of development, during which the first tower will go up, is targeted for 2011.

The project will entail hotels, office space, condos and small shops.

Bond said, "Towards the back of the art walk is where the proposed Broadway-style theater would be along with a 500-seat smaller theater.”

Some small businesses already exist in the proposed site, and they like what's in store.

Dr. Brenden White, owner of Invision, said, "We're excited to be in the middle of it. I hope they can bring it together."

Of course there's some who like Sandy's skyline the way it is, not too obstructive.

“I almost would not like to see that in Sandy, maybe more in downtown where the high rise is and keep it more open this way,” said Sandy resident Peggy Savage.

But some have a different interpretation of the future view and what it means for the area.

"I think it’s great,” said Steve Linn, an optometrist who works across from the proposed site. “I think it will add a lot of businesses. Businesses will come here and people will come and enjoy the theater and shops.”

The planning commission will meet for its first site review of the project next week. Sandy’s building height restrictions will also have to be amended.

delts145 Jun 11, 2008 11:32 AM

Thanks for the update on that Projects. Contrary to what some might think, I feel this development will definately happen. It might take a few years before all three towers are up, and the design aspect could also change, but it will happen. With the Proscenium Project, there is a very aggressive developer, combined with an aggressive city, available, unencumbered land, and very importantly, "an outstanding location."

http://www.abc4.com/media/news/c/f/b...b/Original.jpg
The Proscenium, and ABC 4 News.com

Over the past ten years the metro Wasatch has passed many Metro's in population that have for the last century been much larger than the Wasatch. I think that the Wasatch Front will pass many more metro's over the next ten years in population. Many metro's will continue to shrink or be relatively stagnate, while Salt lake surges in importance, both nationally and internationally.

A few days ago, I took a group of people on a drive around the Metro . Two were from D.C., one was from Chicago and another from Iowa. We drove from the Gateway, down South Temple, through the East Bench, from North to South along 1300 East, Holliday Blvd., 1700 East, up to and around the new Draper Temple(Corner Canyon), and then up to Suncrest and down into and around Alpine. We also took the Alpine Loop, through Am. Fork Canyon, and then back through Heber Valley and Park City. Needless to say, they were all dumbstruck with the dramatic beauty of the Wasatch Mtn.'s and their close proximity to downtown. None of these people are LDS and all are very intent and excited about moving here.

delts145 Jun 11, 2008 2:24 PM

India Center setting roots, Construction to start in late June, opening in spring '09

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9546852?source=rv

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...~1_Gallery.jpg
From left, Selvam Rajavelu, Aditya Vinadhara and priests Satish Kumar and Anantha Rama Krishnan offer blessings around the center's site. (Leah Hogsten/The Salt Lake Tribune)

Although they didn't have their own gathering place, they had a vision of building an Indian campus. They bought 6 acres in the suburb of South Jordan, and eventually consecrated their temple in 2003.

...The state's Indian community has grown to several thousand families, a majority of whom are Hindu, Mahate said.

...The Indian campus is among new homes and alfalfa fields, tucked behind the suburban bustle of 106th South and 1142 West. The 4,000-square-foot temple will share a parking lot with the proposed 6,000-square-foot center.

SLC Projects Jun 11, 2008 4:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delts145 (Post 3606692)

...The Indian campus is among new homes and alfalfa fields, tucked behind the suburban bustle of 106th South and 1142 West. The 4,000-square-foot temple will share a parking lot with the proposed 6,000-square-foot center.

[/SIZE][/B]

South Jordan is becoming the city of temples. They have the two LDS temples ( only city in the world to have more then one LDS temple. )
The Jordan River Temple on 1300 West near 10600 S. and the new one getting built at Daybreak.
And now with this Indian Temple will make it three.

delts145 Jun 11, 2008 4:47 PM

Pretty cool! I think South and West Jordan are going to develop some interesting Urban style projects in the near future also. Speaking of Temples SLCProjects, I was just up around the new Draper Temple on Sunday for a drive. It is a really an impressive piece of development. Very attractive, and infact I think much more so then the earlier renderings I saw. Something else that really caught my eye in that corner of the bench were the unbelieveably beautiful homes. Hey, I'm use to passing through Beverly Hills several times a week and these homes up in Corner Canyon put a lot of those to shame. It was surreal. These homes are very elaborate and detailed in their craftsmanship, (nothing fake-like or disneyewque) Many had elaborate water features in the front also. I just found out yesterday from a neighbor developer, that the French, Castle-like Chateaux being built up in the top southeast corner is the new home of Andrei Kirilenko, LOL.

RC14 Jun 11, 2008 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLC Projects (Post 3606282)
Proscenium project could be closer then we thought.

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story...5-04fe88b1c7c0

SANDY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - It's an idea that will change Sandy City's skyline forever. Three towers, one as high as 30 stories, are being proposed for the city's commercial area.

The Sandy Proscenium project would be built near 200 West and 10000 South.

"It was not something we had originally anticipated, but the more we looked at it and saw their presentation, the more exciting it became," said Sandy City Assistant City Administrator Scott Bond.

The proposed site of the Sandy Proscenium sits in a commercial zone that's ripe for development.

The first phase of development, during which the first tower will go up, is targeted for 2011.

The project will entail hotels, office space, condos and small shops.

Bond said, "Towards the back of the art walk is where the proposed Broadway-style theater would be along with a 500-seat smaller theater.”

Some small businesses already exist in the proposed site, and they like what's in store.

Dr. Brenden White, owner of Invision, said, "We're excited to be in the middle of it. I hope they can bring it together."

Of course there's some who like Sandy's skyline the way it is, not too obstructive.

“I almost would not like to see that in Sandy, maybe more in downtown where the high rise is and keep it more open this way,” said Sandy resident Peggy Savage.

But some have a different interpretation of the future view and what it means for the area.

"I think it’s great,” said Steve Linn, an optometrist who works across from the proposed site. “I think it will add a lot of businesses. Businesses will come here and people will come and enjoy the theater and shops.”

The planning commission will meet for its first site review of the project next week. Sandy’s building height restrictions will also have to be amended.

When I first heard about this project on the radio, and they said 10000 south, I thought they said 100S. For a moment I was very excited about this, but then I realized that was the location of the Salt Palace so they had to be talking about Sandy.
Oh well, I'm still excited about it, I think it will be great for the whole valley, I was just hoping for someting to fill in that big gap in the SLC skyline.

UTPlanner Jun 11, 2008 8:18 PM

I am not against this project at all. I think its great to see the Salt Lake Valley transforming into a multi-nodal urban center, but whenever I see the design for The Proscenium I can always picture it on the 300 West block between 500 South and 600 South. Obviously replacing the old warehouse that currently exist.

Scraperdude801 Jun 12, 2008 4:08 AM

quick question, but a little off topic. - Where is Chinatown and SSL being built at again?