SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (Nordstrom)| 1,550 FT | 131 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191095)

JMKeynes Nov 8, 2017 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBone7281 (Post 7975165)
The earlier version was very... phallic. :uhh:

I don't know any women who would want a slanted edge in their vaginas.

antinimby Nov 8, 2017 5:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetscaper (Post 7979670)
Yes they're lovely pics, but about 2.5 weeks old

Correct. Also, 220 CPS’s crane is currently almost taken down and shouldn’t be visible in that shot anymore.

ILNY Nov 8, 2017 6:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyL (Post 7979657)
^^^These have to be older pics. If you count the number of stories above the currently installed cladding, there are at least 12 in these pics and around 17 in the pics above them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetscaper (Post 7979670)
Yes they're lovely pics, but about 2.5 weeks old

Quote:

Originally Posted by antinimby (Post 7979985)
Correct. Also, 220 CPS’s crane is currently almost taken down and shouldn’t be visible in that shot anymore.

It takes me quite some time to process all my photos and I usually post with 1-3 week delay. If you don't want to see 2 weeks old pictures I will not be posting them anymore.

TonyL Nov 8, 2017 7:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILNY (Post 7980050)
It takes me quite some time to process all my photos and I usually post with 1-3 week delay. If you don't want to see 2 weeks old pictures I will not be posting them anymore.

Post away. It was confusing me which was the only reason I asked. The most pics we have posted the better. I wasn't giving you a rough time at all. ;)

antinimby Nov 8, 2017 7:22 PM

Quote:

No, keep posting your pics regardless of their age. They are excellent. We just wanted to clarify the time frame on some of them for people who may not realize when they were taken.

NYCrules Nov 8, 2017 7:29 PM

Quote:

No dude, the only reason the thread has come back to life after being on coma for 3 days is your post. Please keep them coming as I'm sure many appreciate your post :cheers:

streetscaper Nov 9, 2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Trust me I understand how long it takes to edit the pics :), and yours are especially appreciated:cheers:

mrnyc Nov 9, 2017 12:42 AM

Quote:

aww no, no, no.

post what you want — anytime !!!

i always look forward to your updates. :tup:

ILNY Nov 9, 2017 2:03 PM

^^^^
Thank you all. I still have some 2 weeks old Hudson Yards photos, will post soon.

TonyL Nov 10, 2017 8:55 PM

Trying to determine scale of this one. If Essex House is 461 feet and 503 to the tip, that would place the construction of CTP at or a little over 600 feet at this point IMO.

WhatTheHeck5205 Nov 10, 2017 11:02 PM

Speaking of the Essex House, I think I posted on this thread a long time ago saying I thought CPT was “hideous” and I hoped it would get a height reduction or be canceled outright. At the time I thought it would be way too big in comparison to the Essex House/other buildings along CPS. I have to say though that this tower has really grown on me. Idk if I’m crazy about the idea of NYC one day having truly Coruscant-sized buildings one day as some of you guys have suggested, but right now I’m all for CPT and the whole current wave of supertalls. :tup:

TonyL Nov 11, 2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhyllisJerry71 (Post 7982613)
Speaking of the Essex House, I think I posted on this thread a long time ago saying I thought CPT was “hideous” and I hoped it would get a height reduction or be canceled outright. At the time I thought it would be way too big in comparison to the Essex House/other buildings along CPS. I have to say though that this tower has really grown on me. Idk if I’m crazy about the idea of NYC one day having truly Coruscant-sized buildings one day as some of you guys have suggested, but right now I’m all for CPT and the whole current wave of supertalls. :tup:

That's the same for me with 432. I couldn't stand that building initially but now it's kind of grown on me. I plan on a day trip to NYC once CTP is topped out to see just how dramatic this one is on the skyline. NYC is only 3 hours from the house.

JMKeynes Nov 11, 2017 2:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyL (Post 7982966)
That's the same for me with 432. I couldn't stand that building initially but now it's kind of grown on me. I plan on a day trip to NYC once CTP is topped out to see just how dramatic this one is on the skyline. NYC is only 3 hours from the house.

I agree. 432 is magnificent. I wouldn't want every building in the city to have that design, but it's simplicity is also unique with respect to the other supertalls in or rising in midtown, all of which have unique shapes, such as:

One Vanderbilt,
Verre
Steinway
30 Hudson Yards
The Spiral
ESB
Chrysler
220 CPS
Citicorp.

chris08876 Nov 11, 2017 8:26 PM

https://scontent-lax3-2.cdninstagram...00168192_n.jpg
Credit: killahwave

Dac150 Nov 12, 2017 12:58 AM

Starting to really gain some height … this one will take many by surprise.

NYguy Nov 12, 2017 1:07 AM

^ It's nearly half it's height already, which is hard to believe.

Punkt Aki

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4560/3...951d5310_k.jpg

WhatTheHeck5205 Nov 12, 2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMKeynes (Post 7982989)
I agree. 432 is magnificent. I wouldn't want every building in the city to have that design, but it's simplicity is also unique with respect to the other supertalls in or rising in midtown, all of which have unique shapes, such as:

One Vanderbilt,
Verre
Steinway
30 Hudson Yards
The Spiral
ESB
Chrysler
220 CPS
Citicorp.

Yes. 432’s beauty is definitely in its simplicity. It manages to convey the wealth of its residents without being ostentatious—vs. something like Trump Tower, whose gaudy design is meant to compensate for the fact that its occupants are (relatively) less well off.

TonyL Nov 12, 2017 11:50 PM

That 4874 post is absolutely stunning.

NY guy, would you believe that exact view was my morning view for 6 months following 9-11? We deployed to NYC on a Coast Guard ship and my certification to operate the ship alone with a crew of 16 was there. There was a point that I had 75 moving contacts on radar. I shit you not.

streetscaper Nov 14, 2017 12:44 AM

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4568/...a110d01e_h.jpg
City of Steel by Pixelicus, on Flickr

Crawford Nov 14, 2017 2:11 PM

So the building permits for this tower show 1,556 ft., not 1,550. Mods should probably change.

This may also explain why Extell refers to this tower as "over 1,550 ft." I had thought this was a hint that a spire was coming, but it could just be, that, yeah, it's literally 6 ft. over 1,550.

But I'm still hoping we get a spire. This tower needs it!