SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   [Halifax] Bloomfield Place | 26 m | 8 fl | Completed (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=203047)

Jonovision Jan 29, 2019 10:46 PM

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7829/...56ba83fe_b.jpg20190129_153320 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

Jonovision Feb 18, 2019 9:55 PM

The crane came down this weekend and a lot of precast panels have gone up. I guess the colour was changed from a brick red to this lighter panel.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7895/...bca2160d_b.jpg20190217_133921 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7842/...7a4f8385_b.jpg20190217_134153 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7897/...4cfd40ec_b.jpg20190217_134354 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

Keith P. Feb 19, 2019 9:53 PM

Drove past this today. It looks worse in person than in the pics. The field color of the panels appears to be natural raw concrete gray. The contrasting decorative strips do little to improve it.

Jonovision Feb 22, 2019 4:56 PM

I saw from the ferry this morning that the crane was going right back up today. Not sure which project it was for though.

kph06 Feb 23, 2019 5:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonovision (Post 8483549)
I saw from the ferry this morning that the crane was going right back up today. Not sure which project it was for though.

That was for the site almost kitty corner to this on Bilby. It has had a white crane base in place for a month or so.

Dmajackson Jun 5, 2019 11:19 PM

LIFE AT BLOOM (website):

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1278be30...jdq8o1_540.jpg
Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

someone123 Sep 29, 2019 11:09 PM

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...fe&oe=5E36C9D2
Source

Dmajackson Oct 19, 2019 8:03 PM

https://66.media.tumblr.com/94b0f460...jdq8o1_540.jpg
Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

HalifaxRetales Nov 24, 2019 8:17 PM

folks start occupying apartments Dec 1

someone123 Jun 21, 2020 7:39 PM

Bloom on Gottingen Street (this one must have a thread somewhere..?):

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a4&oe=5F159D5B
Source

I was under the impression it was complete but looks like it isn't quite finished yet.

Keith P. Jun 22, 2020 10:19 AM

The "Bloom" wordmark looks like a permanent feature of the cladding. Unfortunate kerning though, apparently to ensure that letters on each panel did not spill onto the next.

Citizen_Bane Jun 22, 2020 11:03 AM

Directly across Gottingen from Blo om it appears the earth moving machinery is digging deep. Perhaps Stadacona is getting another new building?

IanWatson Jun 22, 2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone123 (Post 8958244)
Bloom on Gottingen Street (this one must have a thread somewhere..?):
I was under the impression it was complete but looks like it isn't quite finished yet.

It's been occupied for quite a while but has lots of minor exterior work still to be done. Also, the ground floor commercial is still a shell. Rumour is it's slated to be a Bulk Barn, and I imagine they hit pause for a little bit with the pandemic.

mleblanc Jun 22, 2020 3:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanWatson (Post 8958733)
It's been occupied for quite a while but has lots of minor exterior work still to be done. Also, the ground floor commercial is still a shell. Rumour is it's slated to be a Bulk Barn, and I imagine they hit pause for a little bit with the pandemic.

The ground floor is supposed to be a gym I thought.
Souce: currently leasing :)

Dmajackson Jun 22, 2020 11:02 PM

https://66.media.tumblr.com/5b9f6061...d26f863b10.jpg
Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

The commercial space is divided up into multiple units. No evidence of what future tenants might be right now.

*Note I moved the five posts above from the General Updates & News thread to this thread.

Keith P. Jun 23, 2020 10:34 AM

The units on the first 4 floors on the NW corner must be really interesting given the lack of windows thanks to the ugly little building adjacent.

IanWatson Jun 24, 2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 8959831)
The units on the first 4 floors on the NW corner must be really interesting given the lack of windows thanks to the ugly little building adjacent.

Looks like they've single-loaded the hallway through there. The only units that touch that fire wall also front on Almon or Gottingen. You can see the floor plans on their website: https://www.lifeatbloom.ca/copy-of-third-floor

With Centre Plan approved, I wonder how long it'll be before that little building gets redeveloped.

eastcoastal Jun 24, 2020 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanWatson (Post 8961059)
... With Centre Plan approved, I wonder how long it'll be before that little building gets redeveloped.

That little building can't be that old... like, I'm pretty sure I remember it being built within the past 15-20 years. I realize that's not young, but it's pretty soon to be a redevelopment, no? If the economics support a significant redevelopment of that corner, I would suggest that says something about the increasing viability of the neighbourhood.

Dmajackson Jun 24, 2020 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastcoastal (Post 8961300)
That little building can't be that old... like, I'm pretty sure I remember it being built within the past 15-20 years. I realize that's not young, but it's pretty soon to be a redevelopment, no? If the economics support a significant redevelopment of that corner, I would suggest that says something about the increasing viability of the neighbourhood.

I'm not sure of the age of the building but ~10 years ago it was home to Needs Convenience. I think that was open for a good decade before it was closed around 2013. It then became a Subway and last year that closed. It got a commercial revamp. A barbershop and non-chain coffee shop both opened earlier this year. Twenty years is probably a solid estimate. The new tenants suggest redevelopment is unlikely in the short-term.

Given the high amount of residential and commercial space under construction in the area right now I don't see any reason why this building should be redeveloped soon. It's not a great looking building but it is a solid use of the land.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.