SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transportation & Infrastructure (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=288)
-   -   Hamilton International Airport (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126720)

fastcarsfreedom May 10, 2007 1:16 PM

Firstly, I would argue, your failure to recall a statement you made doesn't absolve you of it--though the world is filled with politicians who wish that were not the case.

Secondly, I would argue--our airport's terminal is far from pathetic. It could certainly be better, it could be larger, and there could be a wider array of service from YHM--I agree with you there. Folks who live closeby to the airport could also stop driving to Pearson when they could jst as conveniently and econmically fly from here, on the same airlines. I have discussed to the point of exhaustion that the airport was hamstrung by the Liberal government of the early 1980s who designed it to fail. In SPITE of that, it has grown, prospered and thrived. I believe there is also a hint of arrogance in your statements about seeing airports elsewhere in the developed world--I have seen, and used many--everything from the glorious piece of work in Pittsburgh, to the old Terminal 1 in Toronto when it was literally crumbling, to one in West Virigina that consisted of a USAir ticket counter in a trailer. The airport might not be as "pretty" as you'd like--but it doesn't cost you a dime as a taxpayer in Hamilton--and I bet there are a few people who fund the GTAA who think that idea sounds mighty attractive.

The airport is functional, useable and convenient. Your comments serve no purpose other than to function strictly as negativity. USING the airport is what will keep the airport growing, wishing for skylights and ficus trees won't get you anywhere.

raisethehammer May 10, 2007 4:43 PM

whew! I'm glad you cleared that up. Especially since I have no clue what a ficus tree is.
Let's call this the end of that little squabble. We both want a better terminal.
But apparently I'm not allowed to say so. Ok. I'm cool with that.

Hammer Town May 10, 2007 10:33 PM

Raisethehammer
What were you up there last?

raisethehammer May 10, 2007 11:02 PM

hmm...not sure to be honest.
I picked up my uncle last year. don't recall the month. I think it was spring.
so roughly a year ago. I didn't get through any gates though. Just the main area where anyone can go.
I fly out of there whenever possible, but my last few trips have been to Mexico, Colombia and Cuba....all from Pearson.

fastcarsfreedom May 10, 2007 11:17 PM

Okay, squabble ended.

Hopefully the list of destinations available this winter will indeed expand dramatically as Tradeport has indicated and that Globespan launches a winter program. If Tradeport can finally secure service to a big U.S. hub (ORD on United Express would be perfect)--then a big missing piece of the service pie will FINALLY be filled. When USAir de-hubbed their operation in Pittsburgh and henceforth dropped service to places like Hamilton, it was a big blow. Really, the city owes them a debt of gratitude for all the years they stuck around when no one else was there...anyway, getting back on track, a U.S. connection and a route connecting to AC's western/Asia network are on my wish list.

LikeHamilton May 11, 2007 5:01 PM

New Duty Free Facility Open for Business

Thursday, May 10, 2007 – HAMILTON -- Richard Koroscil, President and CEO of the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (hi), is pleased to announce that Hamilton International Duty Free is now open for business.

“We are absolutely thrilled to be offering our passengers full duty free service, for the first time in the history of Hamilton International Airport,” said Koroscil. “We’re offering more destinations and services than ever before and this is a long awaited arrival for the airport.”

Hamilton International Duty Free officially opened its doors to passengers in the newly renovated departure lounge at hi. The facility features hundreds of different items including product lines traditionally only available at exclusive stores and boutiques. Hamilton International Duty Free promises a more enjoyable shopping experience than ever with incredible buys on merchandise for women, men, and children. The store offers fragrances and cosmetics in brands including, but not limited to, Chanel, Lancôme, Clinique, Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Arden. Also available, is a selection of Swarovski jewelry and fashion watches. Hamilton International Duty Free offers top-shelf liquors and some of Ontario’s best wines and icewines. Hamilton International Duty Free offers truly competitive pricing, accepts all major credit cards and is open to service all international and transborder flights.

Hamilton International Duty Free’s philosophy is to make a positive impression on every visitor to Canada, “We take our ambassadorial responsibilities very seriously,” said Chuck Loewen, the store’s general manager. “We want to leave everyone who stops here on their way home with a good last and lasting impression of Canada.”

Hamilton International Duty Free is owned and operated by North America’s largest land border Duty Free store, The Peace Bridge Duty Free. The Peace Bridge Duty Free has been operating since 1986 and recently celebrated its 20th anniversary. You can visit them online at www.dutyfree.ca.

~ fly hamilton, fly easy ~

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5...utyfreehr3.jpg

SteelTown May 11, 2007 6:25 PM

Is that the actualy Duty Free we see in the picture or is it bigger?

None the less it's great news.

LikeHamilton May 12, 2007 7:42 PM

Sunquest Vacations reservation system is showing some of next winters packages from Hamilton. They are showing flights and packages to Punta Cana (PUJ) in the Dominican Republic and Montego Bay (MBJ), Jamaica. Jamaica is a new destination from Hamilton. Both will be on Friday’s starting December 21st using Skyservice aircraft.

:yes:

Hammer Town May 13, 2007 6:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeHamilton (Post 2831080)
Sunquest Vacations reservation system is showing some of next winters packages from Hamilton. They are showing flights and packages to Punta Cana (PUJ) in the Dominican Republic and Montego Bay (MBJ), Jamaica. Jamaica is a new destination from Hamilton. Both will be on Friday’s starting December 21st using Skyservice aircraft.

:yes:

This is Nice to see a new Destination in the caribbean again

Its a llit distraught with Flyglobespan though. They are have some On Time Performace issue big time.

Hammer Town May 13, 2007 8:23 PM

Hey Likehamilton
Where did you see this information?

LikeHamilton May 13, 2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Town (Post 2832699)
Hey Likehamilton
Where did you see this information?

The Galileo Airline Reservation System (competitor of Sabre) that travel agents use. This system is not available to the public. I have connection where I can access it. This is a part of the system called Galileo Vacations. You put in the city that you wish to depart from and then where and the date and it will tell you everything that is available, packages and charter flights. You can then access the tour operator you choose directly from the system to do the booking. They include 16 of Canada’s largest tour operators.
· AIR CANADA VACATIONS (VAC)
· ALBATOURS (ALB)
· CONQUEST VACATIONS (CON)
· FUN SUN VACATIONS (FUN)
· NOLITOURS (NOL)
· RED SEAL / SUNWING (SWG)
· SIGNATURE / ROYAL (SGN)
· SIGNATURE / SUNFLIGHT (SGN)
· SUNQUEST VACATIONS (SQV)
· SUNQUEST WEST (SQV)
· THE HOLIDAY NETWORK (THN)
· TOURS MONT ROYAL (TMR)
· TRANSAT HOLIDAYS (VAT)
· VACANCES SUNQUEST (TMA)
· VACANCES TRANSAT (VAT)
· VARAPLAYA (VAR)

fastcarsfreedom May 15, 2007 12:22 AM

Globespan is having some issues--some are apparently related to Customs clearance at some of the small facilities they use in the U.K. and others are related to them being stretched fairly thin on the aircraft side of the operation. Some of this may be the result of the fact that Globespan is basically a low-fare/low-cost operator in Continental Europe--and they have aircraft utilization that is fairly high as a result--trying to utilize aircraft long haul, with tight turns can be tricky, as has been seen with them since they started. I check IFIDS daily, they had a few disastrous days, but also some days where they are at least in the ballpark in terms of OTP...today for instance looks fairly good--off by 20 minutes on a trans-Atlantic flight isnt all that bad...hopefully they keep improving.

Hammer Town May 29, 2007 6:03 PM

Beleive it or not The Globespan Flight from Manchester is actually early today. They have been improving greatly the past week or so with OTP. This is great news.

LikeHamilton May 30, 2007 11:44 PM

Looks like flyglobespan is staying the winter in Hamilton. They now have in their system and I have received an email notice for weekly service to Hamilton to Manchester on Mondays / Manchester to Hamilton on Sundays and to Hamilton to Hamilton to Glasgow on Mondays / Glasgow to Hamilton on Sundays. I am sure there will be more destinations to come.

And their on time performance has been doing better. They have some fights early in the last week and the late flights have been less than an hour late. Air Canada Jazz from Montreal and Ottawa is later than that on some days.
:D

Hammer Town May 31, 2007 12:29 AM

Hey likehamilton are you RickYHM on airliners.net?

Anyway good news on the GSM flights for the winter.

SteelTown May 31, 2007 1:46 AM

Found the Duty Free logo

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ucci1/duty.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...cci1/duty1.jpg

SteelTown Jun 1, 2007 1:11 PM

Plane makes emergency landing at Hamilton airport

The afflicted jet sits safely on the ground this morning at Hamilton's airport.

Passengers reported seeing flames shooting out the engine of their plane moments before it made an emergency landing at the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport.

A flyglobespan plane from Britain declared an emergency shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday just after taking off from the airport with more than 170 passengers aboard bound.

Staff Sergeant Bernie Mueller said the crew reported the Boeing 757 had mechanical problems and ``they had some concerns about how safe it was going to be to land.''

Hamilton police and firefighters sprang into action. Police officers set up perimeters at the intersections around the airport in the event the plane crashed and firefighters stood by. Fortunately, the plane landed at about five minutes after 11 p.m. and it did not have any problems. ``We're clearing off and it's all over,'' said Mueller.

He said the crew was talking about dumping the plane's fuel, but he said the emergency only lasted 10 minutes and that did not appear to give the crew enough time. flyglobespan, an Edinburgh-based carrier, began flying between the British Isles and Hamilton May 4.

DC83 Jun 1, 2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelTown (Post 2871544)
Plane makes emergency landing at Hamilton airport

The afflicted jet sits safely on the ground this morning at Hamilton's airport.

Passengers reported seeing flames shooting out the engine of their plane moments before it made an emergency landing at the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport.

A flyglobespan plane from Britain declared an emergency shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday just after taking off from the airport with more than 170 passengers aboard bound.

Staff Sergeant Bernie Mueller said the crew reported the Boeing 757 had mechanical problems and ``they had some concerns about how safe it was going to be to land.''

Hamilton police and firefighters sprang into action. Police officers set up perimeters at the intersections around the airport in the event the plane crashed and firefighters stood by. Fortunately, the plane landed at about five minutes after 11 p.m. and it did not have any problems. ``We're clearing off and it's all over,'' said Mueller.

He said the crew was talking about dumping the plane's fuel, but he said the emergency only lasted 10 minutes and that did not appear to give the crew enough time. flyglobespan, an Edinburgh-based carrier, began flying between the British Isles and Hamilton May 4.

Anyone else think the GTAA is trying to sabotage HI!? Or is it just riddled with the worst luck in the history of the word "luck"???

and here's a shocker, the news was all over CH -- the emergency landing couldn't have come at a worst time for the struggling airline which celebrates it's 1 month anniversery in Hamilton...

LikeHamilton Jun 2, 2007 4:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC83 (Post 2872530)
Anyone else think the GTAA is trying to sabotage HI!? Or is it just riddled with the worst luck in the history of the word "luck"???

and here's a shocker, the news was all over CH -- the emergency landing couldn't have come at a worst time for the struggling airline which celebrates it's 1 month anniversery in Hamilton...

Do not worry. Flyglobespan is announcing more winter destinations for Hamilton and will be announcing flights and putting on sale next summer from Hamilton soon.
:fingerscrossed:

SteelTown Jun 3, 2007 4:33 PM

Is Globespan now running at full summer schedule? During May Globespan had 2 arrivals and 2 departures now it looks like 4 out and 4 in, doubled.

Hammer Town Jun 3, 2007 5:59 PM

I don't think its going to increase until July 1st and only to 3 . It may have been showing 4 because of the incident last week with the Engine problem caused a back log.

SteelTown Jun 15, 2007 3:19 PM

FlyGlobespan Status (Item 4.2)

Richard Koroscil reported that FlyGlobespan started operating out of the Airport on May 1, and has been operating at 90%+ load factors. The operations is at a point where Globespan has indicated that it will run year round, with a reduced schedule during the off season, and building back up in the marketplace next summer. Mr. Koroscil acknowledged that there have been some operational issues in terms of on-time performance, and they are working through those issues.

markbarbera Jun 18, 2007 3:17 PM

:previous:
Minutes from what meeting?

SteelTown Jun 18, 2007 4:51 PM

Airport Implementation Task Force Report 07-003

markbarbera Jun 18, 2007 5:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelTown (Post 2904241)
Airport Implementation Task Force Report 07-003

Thanks!

hamiltonguy Jun 19, 2007 1:26 AM

I saw nothing in that article to indicate that Pickering is a for sure thing other than the headlines. The quote was "'Make the appropriate decision when the time comes." Pickering Airport might be built but at least for the first stages (I believe 2020 or so is when they start) it will be general aviation in order that Toronto Island, Buttonville, Markham (located on part of the airport grounds) and Oshawa Airports, which are overcrowded, can be closed. Maybe 10 15 year s after that there Might be cargo and in another 10 15 years passengers. By then Hamilton will be a much bigger hub, Pearson overfull and Pickering will be welcome relief.

This all of course relies that the cost of flying won't skyrocket.

Hammer Town Jun 19, 2007 2:33 AM

Hey Globespan is doing great out of YHM. and things are possibly going to get better I saw on anothere web fourm that they are going to have Zoom Airlines doing some flights from YHM starting wednesday.

markbarbera Jun 19, 2007 5:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Town (Post 2905296)
Hey Globespan is doing great out of YHM. and things are possibly going to get better I saw on anothere web fourm that they are going to have Zoom Airlines doing some flights from YHM starting wednesday.

There was some rumour of Zoom taking over some of the overses flights that flyglobespan operates, but those have turned out to be incorrect. Zoom will not be operating out of YHM and flyglobespan continues as per its operating schedule.

LikeHamilton Jul 6, 2007 5:15 PM

Winter charter destinations to the south out of Hamilton in the reservations system now stands at 5.
They are:

Cancun
Mayan Riviera
Jamaica (new for 2007/08)
Punta Cana
St Martin (new for 2007/08)

SteelTown Jul 9, 2007 10:15 PM

Hotelier sets sights on Iranian tourists
By Eric McGuinness

Hotelier Oscar Kichi is hiring a full-time staffer to bring Iranian tourists to southern Ontario through John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport.

Kichi says there are an estimated 200,000 Iranian emigrès in Toronto and a growing number in Hamilton, but no direct flights from Iran to Canada. Visitors have to make connections in European airports to reach Toronto.

While a few companies offer package tours to Toronto, the Hamilton businessman sees a “huge, huge market” that is underserved and says, “We’re hoping to capture some of that market.”

Kichi said Iranian demand is so high that “you can’t get a flight out of Tehran (to Canada) until September or so.”

His company, Sahar’s Hospitality, operates the downtown Plaza Hotel and developed the Marriott Courtyard on the Mountain.

Kichi envisions biweekly direct flights with Hamilton-based tours to Toronto, Niagara Falls and other attractions.

“We’ve tested the market already. We ran an ad on an Iranian satellite TV broadcast out of Los Angeles and “we were just bombarded with telephone calls (from Iran). We had 10,000 calls in two days or so.”

Although the Islamic Iranian government is accused of supporting terrorist bombers who are killing and injuring Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan, Kichi believes average citizens would feel welcome here, more so than in the U.S.

“The Iranian people have never been terrorists, they never would be. There are one of the most educated people in the Middle East and they love to travel. They love Canada, with its diverse weather and geography.

David Adames, executive director of Tourism Hamilton, who learned of Kichi’s initiative from The Spectator today, called it “an absolutely intriguing” idea and said he would get in touch immediately “to see how we can support it.”

He said, “When Oscar was on the tourism board, he talked about the importance of new multicultural markets, especially for a city situated so close to Toronto.”

Coldrsx Jul 12, 2007 10:41 PM

how was hamilton's june for comparison?

Edmonton's june 2007

dom-434,105 up 20.2%
trans-54,525 up 15.2%
intl 17,487 up 182.9%
------------------------
total 506,117 up 21.7%

SteelTown Jul 13, 2007 1:47 AM

I don't have any stats perhaps LikeHamilton does but it sure would be interesting to see the increase in the international area. Probably going to be the biggest increase in Canada. Went from zero international flights to having Canada's most number of transatlantic fights.

LikeHamilton Jul 20, 2007 8:09 PM

Just received this from the Hamilton International Airport's electronic newsletter.

FLYGLOBESPAN
Flyglobespan’s winter schedule takes effect on November 1, 2007

Weekly flights will operate from Hamilton International to Manchester and Glasgow on Mondays throughout the winter. Morning departures.

Weekly flights will operate from Glasgow and Manchester to Hamilton International on Sundays throughout the winter. Morning departures.

Starting November 1, flyglobespan will be operating a two class service. The new Economy class will include:

Generous seat pitch
25 kg. Luggage allowance
Full meal service
Complimentary drinks
In-flight entertainment
Seat selection – Book early and select standard seat at no charge

FLYGLOBESPAN
Flyglobespan is now operating three flights per day out of Hamilton to 13 destinations in the U.K. and Ireland. There are a limited number of seats available this summer at comparable rates to other airlines. Book through your travel agent or at
www.flyglobespan.ca
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4...obespanks3.jpg

John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport

www.flyhi.ca
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1473/hihp0.png

LikeHamilton Jul 30, 2007 5:01 AM

I was at Hamilton Airport last Tuesday, and I forgot my camera again and it was packed. I was there in the late afternoon into the evening and I do not think they could have taken any more passengers through there.

All three FlyGlobespan flights arrived early and the departing ones where on time and all where full. All of the Air Canada’s Jazz and Westjet flights where on time and full. There where extra flights that day. VIA Rail had a derailment on the Trans Canada line and had charter two WestJet flights to Winnipeg to move the passenger to meet up with the train. The passengers where bussed into Hamilton Airport and both flights where full. There was also a charter with a Mexicana B737 to Mexico City that was also full. They have a charter on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and two on Sunday. The passengers either fly into Hamilton and take the bus tour to Quebec City or fly into Quebec City and bus tour it to Hamilton and fly out of here.

The place was crawling with passengers, people dropping off and picking up passengers, airport staff etc. The parking lot and out front of the terminal was alive, with car, taxis, limos and a constant stream of busses and people. This a welcome change from a number of years ago when there where less 75 people a day going through the airport. I figured there was at least 3200 passengers going through the terminal over a few hour period. At this rate, they will have to start some kind of expansion soon!

raisethehammer Jul 30, 2007 12:36 PM

you're right LikeHamilton. The biggest complaint I'm now hearing about the airport is the small size.
People are getting frustrated waiting in long lines, being crammed in like sardines etc....
the airport should address this immediately since their biggest selling point is 'hassle-free' compared with Toronto.
At some point they'll have to put up a nice, modern terminal with expansion capabilities instead of these sheds they're using.

HAMRetrofit Jul 30, 2007 10:58 PM

Build a Terminal. ASAP!

markbarbera Jul 31, 2007 9:00 PM

The thing is, expansion has to be kept at a slow pace so as to prevent landing fees from skyrocketing. flyglobespan was attracted to Hamilton mainly due to the cheap landing fees compared to Pearson. The cost of airport expansion is always passed on to the airlines via landing fee increases, and to passengfers via airport improvement surcharges. Increases in these charges will make the airport less attractive to low cost airlines and their passengers.

The current terminal design accommodates about 15 flights a day. I believe this meets current flight levels. Of course, this is also the heavy summer travel time. Come October, flyglobespan is drastically reducing its overseas flights to just two weekly (as opposed to its current 15 weekly flights), which is a significant drop in overall traffic for this airport. Moreover, flyglobespan's expansion into long-haul flights has gone anything but smoothly this summer, so they may be a little less ambitious with next year's summer schedule.

YHM did have terminall expansion plans all drawn up a few years back, which called for two phases of terminal expansion. The first phase was to see a seven-gate rampway built (wow, imagine boarding a plane via a rampway in Hamilton!). However, these were drawn up in the heady days of 2003 when WestJet was still using Hamilton as its eastern hub. Phase one was supposed to begin in 2005, with a target completion date of 2009. Phase two, 12 additional gates, was scheduled to take place between 2010 and 2014, dependant on additional lands being acquired for displaced hangars. The plans are now two years behind schedule (typical for Hamilton projects), and, when they do start, will most likely be less ambitious in scope and timing. Should anyone know of, or have a copy of the revised expansion plans, it would be interesting to see them.

DC83 Jul 31, 2007 9:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markbarbera (Post 2982706)
Should anyone know of, or have a copy of the revised expansion plans, it would be interesting to see them.

I'm pretty sure if they surfaced, the GTAA would smyte anyone who's eyes came across the documents! Lightning Bolts, Boiles, The Plague... the whole deal!

SteelTown Jul 31, 2007 10:54 PM

Wait until the winter once flyglobespan comes out with plans for the summer '08 schedule. If it's the same then we'll probably see improvements made to the terminal.

markbarbera Aug 1, 2007 2:26 AM

And we need to see if other airlines watching YHM in the wings come on board. I have heard rumours about other low cost airlines like Zoom, Southwest, even Ryanair watching how flyglobespan does this summer out of Hamilton. I'd love to see more destinations from YHM, and most likely it'll be the low cost airlines offering them. And not just overseas flights, I'd love to see a reasonably-priced flight out west from here. NYC would be another great destination.

SteelTown Aug 1, 2007 3:19 AM

Obviously if YHM was to make some improvements it would be mostly on the international side. They really need to get things going and make the airport run smoother, yea it wasn't the airport fault but YHM could have help with a kitchen.

I remember a few years ago JetBlue looked at YHM. That would be a dream come true.

neilson Aug 8, 2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelTown (Post 2983562)
Obviously if YHM was to make some improvements it would be mostly on the international side. They really need to get things going and make the airport run smoother, yea it wasn't the airport fault but YHM could have help with a kitchen.

I remember a few years ago JetBlue looked at YHM. That would be a dream come true.

jetBlue, Southwest, AirTran, the American Cheap 3.

Hammer Town Aug 9, 2007 2:57 AM

http://www.flyhi.ca/pdf/amp_update.pdf

Some pretty good stuff in here if it ever comes to reality.

markbarbera Aug 9, 2007 8:32 PM

flyglobespan started issuing its Summer 2008 schedule today. No sign of YHM flights, but it is early in the game.

Hammer Town Aug 14, 2007 9:47 PM

I was talking withg a couple from England who were going to a town up near Barrys Bay (past Toronto) and flew out of YHM. They are spending there last 2 days at the Marriot on Upper James and come into my work today and spend about $350 so it shows you in a small but practical way that the airport will add $$$ into out city. Kinda neat so i thought I would pass it along.

LikeHamilton Aug 15, 2007 1:53 AM

I was at Hamilton International Airport today (14 August) and I noticed a few new things. First there was an article in the “Hamilton Spectator” on August 10th titled “Fifty defibrillators donated” (AED’s). The opening line of the story was “There will be no defibrillator at Hamilton airport.” It did not go on to say why but here is a picture of one of the AED’s hanging at Hamilton International. I know I have seen them there in the passed, so I know they are not new. I guess they could not what for the city to supply them.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7450/img3586pc2.jpg

They have not started on the new entrance to the new international arrivals area. I believe they are waiting for the summer rush to end and do it in the lull before the winter charter season starts.

Hamilton International now has a currency exchange both. It opened today and is open from 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Business was brisk.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9905/img3587ff7.jpg

They now have video signs over the baggage carousels announcing what flights are being served on what carousel.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6971/img3594sg9.jpg

And last. They are bulldozing the large property on the corner of Airport Road and the East Cargo Road (north east). They’re where 4 or 5 large building there and they are even removing all of the trees as if they are getting it ready for a development. This would be across from (east of) the Warplane Heritage Museum and at the entrance to the road to the UPS building and the WestJet and CargoJet Hangers. Anyone hear anything that might be going in there?

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3360/img3595bm7.jpg

:)

LikeHamilton Aug 15, 2007 4:34 AM

Also.... all of Flyglobespans flights where early today.

GreatTallNorth2 Aug 23, 2007 12:23 AM

I thought Flyglobespan was going to be cheaper to fly to the UK, but Zoom and Transat out of T.O. is much cheaper even with the taxes.

markbarbera Aug 23, 2007 3:12 PM

GreatTallNorth2, I found flyglobespan to be much cheaper than Zoom. I am flying out to Manchester on October 24th, returning via Glasgow on Nov 4. I got my ticket from flyglobespan for $495. Zoom would have been $590 for the same flights. Plus, I don't have to deal with the hassle of getting into Pearson and dealing with those crowds.

As far as Air Transat goes, they don't fly europe past October so I couldn't compare prices. Even if they did, I had such a bad experience with them several years back I am not likely to ever fly them again.

LikeHamilton Aug 24, 2007 1:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 (Post 3025683)
I thought Flyglobespan was going to be cheaper to fly to the UK, but Zoom and Transat out of T.O. is much cheaper even with the taxes.

Flyglobespan flights out of Hamilton are more expensive right now for the fall because they are getting close to being sold out. There are a lot of seats out of Toronto so it is cheaper. When you look at a price out of Toronto you have to add more soft costs such as transportation to and from Toronto, travel time to and from Toronto Airport (You have to leave hours earlier to go to Pearson), parking costs at Toronto, shuttle cost and time etc. Parking at Toronto is $65.00 (at the discount lot and take the monorail…this takes time) to $120.00 per week with short term right in front of Terminal 3 being $92.00 per day. Hamilton’s short term in front of the terminal is $65.00 per week and $50.00 per week if you have to walk about 100 metres further.
I believe the airport says that the extra cost per person per flight is about $125.00. This is what you should add to the cost out of Toronto.