SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

Derek Oct 21, 2007 9:58 PM

How bad is the smoke in your part of town?

bmfarley Oct 21, 2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek loves SD (Post 3118495)
How bad is the smoke in your part of town?

At 3pm... smokish haze just krept over Banker's Hill and appears spreading southward to downtown. No ash... just the orange glow of sunshine.

bmfarley Oct 21, 2007 10:23 PM

It's not that bad now. Must have been a semi-slim trail of less dense smoke that passed over. It's mostly blue skies over Banker's Hill now. I suspect the same for Mission Valley and Qualcomm, although that location is probably 5 miles closer to the Santa Ysabel fire.

Derek Oct 22, 2007 6:42 AM

This is horrible.

keg92101 Oct 22, 2007 2:17 PM

Thomas Jefferson Law School
 
We just received a "Public Notice" that the Thomas Jefferson School of Law is planning to build an 8 story building on the south side of Island Avenue, between 11th & Park Blvd. Great news for the community, and it looks like the VOA site will actually be cleared soon.

sandiegodweller Oct 22, 2007 2:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg92101 (Post 3119570)
We just received a "Public Notice" that the Thomas Jefferson School of Law is planning to build an 8 story building on the south side of Island Avenue, between 11th & Park Blvd. Great news for the community, and it looks like the VOA site will actually be cleared soon.

That is interesting. I was with the guys at Barratt Homes a few months ago and they had basically pulled the plug on the condo portion (above the Thomas Jefferson Schoool). I wonder if Barratt is selling the site to TJ or another commercial developer?

keg92101 Oct 22, 2007 3:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegodweller (Post 3119596)
That is interesting. I was with the guys at Barratt Homes a few months ago and they had basically pulled the plug on the condo portion (above the Thomas Jefferson Schoool). I wonder if Barratt is selling the site to TJ or another commercial developer?

The public notice says that it is a "commercial building" housing classrooms, offices, a library, cafe, and bookstore. It will also have 178 bellow grade parking spaces (gotta keep Gary Smith, the parking police officer happy!)

bmfarley Oct 22, 2007 4:21 PM

The news is almost 11 hours old as of 9:15am Monday morning, but, here's a burn area map as drawn up be the San Diego County GIS folks. of the Harris Fire near Tecate. T

his is a screen capture I grabbed from a ST Tribune link and uploaded to my photobucket account.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...HarrisFire.jpg

bmfarley Oct 22, 2007 4:27 PM

And the Witch Fire near/in Ramona as of Sunday Night at 10pm.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...0WitchFire.jpg

stockjock Oct 22, 2007 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmfarley (Post 3119759)
And the Witch Fire near/in Ramona as of Sunday Night at 10pm.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...0WitchFire.jpg

Do you have a link to these maps?

bmfarley Oct 22, 2007 9:41 PM

^^^ Actually, the site I pulled them from was so slow, probably from being busy, that I did screen captures to save and upload and whatnot to provide here.

I uploaded a more recent image to the California forum and Wildfires thread.

keg92101 Oct 23, 2007 9:31 PM

Here's the view down Island, after the Thomas Jefferson Law School is built...[IMG]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w.../tjslarial.jpg[/IMG]

Derek Oct 23, 2007 9:41 PM

Me gusta. :yes:

bushman61988 Oct 24, 2007 3:55 AM

Ooh...si si, me gusta MUCHO. I really like this tower, and it definitely adds some nice density to that area...yes, me likey!

Derek Oct 24, 2007 4:56 AM

That picture made me realize how skinny and compact those Fahrenheit units must be.

mongoXZ Oct 24, 2007 5:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg92101 (Post 3122575)
Here's the view down Island, after the Thomas Jefferson Law School is built...[IMG]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w.../tjslarial.jpg[/IMG]

it reminds me of the new tower built on 3rd Street in Chula Vista. Any info on when it'll start construction?

bmfarley Oct 24, 2007 6:13 AM

^^^^ Yes, that looks nice.

keg92101 Oct 24, 2007 4:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek loves SD (Post 3123337)
That picture made me realize how skinny and compact those Fahrenheit units must be.

That's acutually where we live, and the North Side units (orange side) are 2 stories, each floor plate roughly 20x30 (1200 SF). You'd think they feel small, but high ceilings do wonders.

Derek Oct 25, 2007 2:03 AM

As I was watching the news earlier, somebody stated San Diego as being a "suburb of Los Angeles". Oh boy did I want to smack them upside the head so hard. :)

I have never actually even heard anything remotely close to the above statement. Have you guys ever heard that?

bushman61988 Oct 25, 2007 2:51 AM

Echelon
 
I believe this is the property where the 8-story "Echelon" condos were suppose to go.
I definitely like this project better...it's much taller, gives the area more offices, classrooms which diversifies the area and makes it much more mixed-use.
The architecture isn't that bad...it's okay...unique kind of. Definitely reminds me of that newer Chula Vista office building on 3rd Avenue like someone said earlier.
But the most important thing is it the density & height it adds to the area.

I just wish that they could build lots more actual TOWERS instead of all these dull mid-rises in the East Village, especially that particular part of East Village.


That's why we have the new 7th & Market tower at 470 feet:D
I just wish there were more, clearer pictures, b/c I think it got approved by the CCDC and it looks like it's one of those projects that's not affected by the housing slump right now.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.