SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | 111 W 57th St | 1,428 FT | 85 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198228)

Guiltyspark Jun 28, 2015 4:43 PM

The Chrysler is the best skyscraper in the world. This will be the best of our era assuming no major changes are made to the design.

As a side note. I don't know if I would rather live in 111 or One57... 111 is the better building, but if I lived in One57 I could look at 111 in addition to the park. :worship:

JR Ewing Jun 28, 2015 4:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guiltyspark (Post 7078168)
... if I lived in One57 I could look at 111 in addition to the park. :worship:

Once a tower is built on the Baptist Church site, the eastern views from One 57 will be eclipsed.

jsr Jun 28, 2015 7:22 PM

Those side windows look like they may be a PITA to wash.

njcco Jun 30, 2015 5:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guiltyspark (Post 7078168)
The Chrysler is the best skyscraper in the world. This will be the best of our era assuming no major changes are made to the design.

As a side note. I don't know if I would rather live in 111 or One57... 111 is the better building, but if I lived in One57 I could look at 111 in addition to the park. :worship:

I think you make a good point, but something tells me the interior finishes at 111 will be much nicer than those at One57. Just a hunch.

sparkling Jun 30, 2015 6:52 PM

Developers obtain $725 million construction loan for pencil-thin condo tower on Billionaires' Row

Daniel Geiger
June 30, 2015

Quote:

A new super-tall tower will rise along midtown’s so-called Billionaires' Row now that the project’s developers have secured a $725 million construction loan for the $1 billion spire.

A partnership between JDS Development and Property Markets Group has received financing from AIG and Apollo Global Management to build 111 W. 57th St., a 1,438-foot-tall tower that will be the tallest residential building in the Western Hemisphere when it is completed in 2018.

Continue Reading

Vertical_Gotham Jun 30, 2015 7:02 PM

^^ Nice. A SEVEN FOOT height increase!!!! 1438 FT

Oh, the securing of financing is good news too, but it was to be expected. ;)

Quote:

partnership between JDS Development and Property Markets Group has received financing from AIG and Apollo Global Management to build 111 W. 57th St., a 1,438-foot-tall tower that will be the tallest residential building in the Western Hemisphere when it is completed in 2018
Quote:

Now that the loan has been secured, the developers will begin erecting the SHoP Architect-designed 111 W. 57th St. in the coming weeks. The building will be a mere 60 feet wide, making it dramatically slender even among a new crop of pencil-thin condo spires. The exterior of the tower will feature a distinct stepped spire resembling a tilted deck of cards.

CityGuy87 Jun 30, 2015 7:22 PM

Another little growth spurt? This tower seems to really be going through supertall puberty...

Crawford Jun 30, 2015 7:23 PM

Fantastic news. Slight height boost and full construction financing. Bring it on!

JR Ewing Jun 30, 2015 8:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham (Post 7080567)
^^ Nice. A SEVEN FOOT height increase!!!! 1438 FT

Oh, the securing of financing is good news too, but it was to be expected. ;)

I walked by yesterday. A lot of work was going on. So much for the anti-NY contingent who declared this project dead when a de minimis investor pulled out its nomimal share!

SPECTRE000 :haha::haha::haha:

ILNY Jun 30, 2015 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkling (Post 7080554)

Nice, there will be able to hire few more construction workers now.

hunser Jun 30, 2015 10:17 PM

1,438', nice! Approaching Sears ... :D. Also, Steinway is closing the gap on Nordstrom (1,522').

chris08876 Jun 30, 2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunser (Post 7080930)
1,438', nice! Approaching Sears ... :D. Also, Steinway is closing the gap on Nordstrom (1,522').

I wish this was what the Nordstrom design was at that height. This should be the tallest in the U.S.. Its worthy of it, and the best tower of this cycle. But Steinways location is slightly better as it's literally in the center alignment of Central Park.

hunser Jun 30, 2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 7080932)
I wish this was what the Nordstrom design was at that height. This should be the tallest in the U.S.. Its worthy of it, and the best tower of this cycle. But Steinways location is slightly better as it's literally in the center alignment of Central Park.

I agree although one could argue that maybe the tower would be way too thin for 1,522'. But the design is flawless ... a true masterpiece in the making. I just wish Verre would be 1,250', if not taller. :(

BrownTown Jul 1, 2015 8:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 7080932)

This tower already looks horribly out of proportion as it. Making it even taller would only be worse. If they had more land and could scale it up then MAYBE, but just stretching it taller (which is all they can do given the lot they are on) would make it look even worse, not better.

TechTalkGuy Jul 1, 2015 8:54 PM

Am I the only one who likes this design?

I said the same thing years ago with 432 Park and as it turns out, I was right all along!

Just wait until it's topped off and you'll see how awesome this design really is.

In fact, many of you will pretend to forget this conversation completely by 2018.

chris08876 Jul 1, 2015 8:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownTown (Post 7081886)
This tower already looks horribly out of proportion as it. Making it even taller would only be worse. If they had more land and could scale it up then MAYBE, but just stretching it taller (which is all they can do given the lot they are on) would make it look even worse, not better.

That's what I meant with the Nordstrom site. If this was wider, and a tab bit bulkier, than the height would make sense. But yeah, stretching it out that much, it would look a bit silly.

TechTalkGuy Jul 1, 2015 8:59 PM

:previous:

Many of you said the same thing about 432 Park years ago! :???:

pico44 Jul 2, 2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkling (Post 7080554)

Oh this is incredible news! I have to say that I was a little worried about this one. It pushes the limits of engineering and design like few buildings in the world do. The current super tall boom has brought us some great buildings. Iconic even. But as of yet no masterpieces. Verre will be a masterpiece. And now, 111 will be a masterpiece.

Guiltyspark Jul 2, 2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy (Post 7081902)
Am I the only one who likes this design?

I said the same thing years ago with 432 Park and as it turns out, I was right all along!

Just wait until it's topped off and you'll see how awesome this design really is.

In fact, many of you will pretend to forget this conversation completely by 2018.

Have you read even a little bit of this thread? The vast majority of people love this building... so no, you are not the only person who likes the design. Maybe read the thread before asking questions that have been thoroughly answered.

Busy Bee Jul 2, 2015 12:52 PM

Maybe he thinks it's the Nordstrom thread?