SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Proposals (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   PHILADELPHIA | 30th Street Station District | 1,200 FT - 180 FT | 85 - 12 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223554)

gttx Jun 20, 2016 9:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocAwesome (Post 7480268)
This is so so so important. Rarely does a good ground level come out of an idea with so many aerial renderings of pretty glass buildings. What we don't see is where the exhausts, blank walls, utility driveways and such are. Based on the names in the plan and the groundwork that has been done so far I do hope and think we are looking to extend the ideal behind the porch and not the one behind the really awful new Drexel dorms. While those that just care about pretty pictures ooh and ahh at the these renderings, the rest of us are crossing our fingers for a ground level that isn't nearly at monolithic.

Yes, absolutely.

If you look at the plan, there is actually way more attention paid to the public realm and ground level than big towers. It's just that the 6 or so fancy renderings with towers got all the press. There are 20+ eye level renderings in the plan showing various interventions within the station, public realm improvements, etc.

b_ton_ Jun 21, 2016 2:33 PM

My dreams are coming true!!!!!:d:d:d

jjv007 Jun 21, 2016 5:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_ton_ (Post 7481024)
My dreams are coming true!!!!!:d:d:d

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:
Might have to wait a while for those dreams though. :D

b_ton_ Jun 22, 2016 5:23 PM

!!!!!!!:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

TempleGuy1000 Jul 2, 2016 10:15 PM

Sorry to be a little off topic. But I just want to say I hope they build some of this sooner ha. I got the call nobody ever wants to get earlier this week. I went from thinking I was a completely healthy 26 y/o to being diagnosed with a rare form of non hodgkin's lymphoma. So if Brandywine, if you are out there, please convince Vanguard to move to a new super tall and I can watch it as I get treatment at UPenn. Fate has sealed the deal, I won't be making it to the end of this plan.

Plokoon11 Jul 2, 2016 10:22 PM

^ I'm sorry to hear that! You will be alive and well. In the upcoming years there will be a lot of good surprises medicine and treatment wise for various illness, cancer ect.

TempleGuy1000 Jul 2, 2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plokoon11 (Post 7492440)
^ I'm sorry to hear that! You will be alive and well. In the upcoming years there will be a lot of good surprises medicine and treatment wise for various illness, cancer ect.

Thanks man. It's been very tough for my family and especially my fiancé. We have built such a wonderful life in Philadelphia and just moved to Rittenhouse a month ago. I love following all the posts from everyone and I really want to be here to see the city at its full potential. I have faith that Penn will deliver the best care possible.

Knight Hospitaller Jul 3, 2016 2:56 AM

^ Prayers and best wishes.

Cro Burnham Jul 3, 2016 3:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 (Post 7492438)
Sorry to be a little off topic. But I just want to say I hope they build some of this sooner ha. I got the call nobody ever wants to get earlier this week. I went from thinking I was a completely healthy 26 y/o to being diagnosed with a rare form of non hodgkin's lymphoma.

I am so sorry to read this. I wish you an incredibly successful treatment. I am so sorry.

MikeNigh Jul 3, 2016 3:29 PM

B 17 / Laetrile worked for my friend. I think it has to be taken in large dosages. I've almost died many times (in the most horrific way) from UC, you've got this.

Also I'd recommend a very pure diet. Only food from the amish at reading terminal and absolutely nothing with sugar in it. Also only < 15 ppm water from either an in house distiller or RO filter. That's the only thing that works for me.

TempleGuy1000 Jul 3, 2016 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller (Post 7492564)
^ Prayers and best wishes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cro Burnham (Post 7492585)
I am so sorry to read this. I wish you an incredibly successful treatment. I am so sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeNigh (Post 7492763)
B 17 / Laetrile worked for my friend. I think it has to be taken in large dosages. I've almost died many times (in the most horrific way) from UC, you've got this.

Also I'd recommend a very pure diet. Only food from the amish at reading terminal and absolutely nothing with sugar in it. Also only < 15 ppm water from either an in house distiller or RO filter. That's the only thing that works for me.

Thank you guys :)

blorkishdork Jul 4, 2016 3:59 PM

TempleGuy1000, I hope the best to you! I'm not much older than you and my wife got diagnosed with a rare colon cancer 2 years ago (we were 28, worst year of my life), luckily it hasn't spread to our knowledge and everything is in the clear. She got treated at HUP and we loved their care. Good luck, you and your fiance will be in my thoughts and prayers.

TempleGuy1000 Jul 4, 2016 9:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blorkishdork (Post 7493352)
TempleGuy1000, I hope the best to you! I'm not much older than you and my wife got diagnosed with a rare colon cancer 2 years ago (we were 28, worst year of my life), luckily it hasn't spread to our knowledge and everything is in the clear. She got treated at HUP and we loved their care. Good luck, you and your fiance will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I appreciate all the comments. It amazes how many stories I hear of people making good comebacks. Makes me encouraged :) thank you.

Philly-Drew Jul 4, 2016 9:26 PM

TempleGuy1000, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I second what MikeNigh mentioned about diet, and sugar avoidance. I know some people who have had success taking that route.

jjv007 Jul 5, 2016 4:09 AM

Temple1000, don't worry man! You'll make it through, stay positive :)

chris08876 Jul 5, 2016 11:21 PM

Video Link

Quote:

Completed in June 2016, the Philadelphia 30th Street Station District Plan is a long-range, master planning effort led by Amtrak, Brandywine Realty Trust, Drexel University, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, and the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority to develop a comprehensive vision for the future of the 30th Street Station District in the year 2050 and beyond. The 30th Street Station District will become Philadelphia’s next great neighborhood: a place to live, work, learn, and play near one of the nation’s busiest and most important transportation hubs and accessible to one-of-a-kind urban and natural amenities.
Older Draft Info:

Video Link

Urbanthusiat Jul 6, 2016 1:37 AM

The biggest takeaway from the video for me is that it seems like there is favorable politics for the plan. That's a good sign.

chris08876 Jul 25, 2016 11:00 PM

https://cdn-standard.discourse.org/u...6b0057ce5a.gif
Credit: Thomas_Koloski

Knight Hospitaller Jul 26, 2016 12:03 AM

^^I wish it worked like that!

Nick5 Jul 26, 2016 12:37 AM

A nice continuation of Center City into West Philadelphia. Great to see.