SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diagrams (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   koops65's Drawings (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160640)

koops65 Nov 10, 2008 5:06 AM

koops65's Drawings

Here are my latest drawings, uploaded since Oct. 20:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/...f49dcfc2_o.jpg

Herald Square in Calgary is almost completely fictional, the only render I could find showed only the bottom 4 floors of 1 face of the building.

mikeR Nov 10, 2008 11:08 PM

koops 56 leonard st. is amazing I tried drawing that but but just stopped because of the complexity of it

So great job

koops65 Nov 11, 2008 3:50 AM

Thanks Mike, it took me almost 3 weeks to do that one, when I normally only take a day or two. Almost every floor is different. There was no simple cut n paste like many buildings.

vid Nov 11, 2008 9:55 AM

1. Did you need to watermark if they're the same size as the diagrams?

2. Being a JPEG wasn't enough to prevent someone copying them?

3. Your watermark doesn't cover 144 Park.

Good work though. Especially on 56 Leonard Street, that is your best by far. :tup: If we had an annual "best diagram" award, it would definitely be nominated! :)

M.K. Nov 11, 2008 11:29 AM

although the watermark is not covering all spaces to avoid work stolen, the watermark is necessary to avoid a diagram pic (even with 1:1 bldgs) to be used somewhere else without permission, even jpg, because in this case the picture is very easy to be spread somewhere else just saving and uploading again without copywrite requirements and payment to SSP. But maybe Mike can give us a better optimal opinion on this fact.

koops65 Nov 11, 2008 12:57 PM

I would rather not bother with a watermark, it feels like I'm defacing my own work. But the Mods say to do it, so I will...

LMich Nov 12, 2008 6:58 AM

Is the watermark a mandatory thing? I see this issue pop up, a lot, and I'm wondering if its a request or a demand?

M.K. Nov 12, 2008 11:31 AM

It is not a request or even demand, it is a way to protect huge efforts from illustrators and their job and a safe way to keep SSP in the right copyright laws or directions or spreading in web or other media device. It is more like an agreement protection only.

Tony Nov 12, 2008 12:24 PM

Looking good Koops! I like Four Seasons.

koops65 Nov 12, 2008 1:51 PM

Thanks Tony... I'm thinking of doing the Clarica Building in Waterloo. Your drawing has been the Primary for over 5 years now... so watch out! It was one of the first drawings I ever searched for after finding SSP.
The watermark thing isn't mandatory, or an order, but it was STRONGLY suggested.

vid Nov 12, 2008 9:45 PM

But what will stop them from cutting out 144 Park?

koops65 Nov 13, 2008 12:55 AM

Anyone can go to the diagrams section and 'cut out' any drawing they like. Just because it says "NO SAVING IMAGES • NO SCREEN SHOTS • NO USAGE WITHOUT PERMISSION" doesnt mean that Everyone will follow the rules... Murder is illegal, and punishable by DEATH in some places around the world, but people still do it... People do illegal things all the time.

Ramako Nov 13, 2008 9:53 PM

I'm really impressed with your work. It's improved so much over the last few months.

If I might suggest a few things for Trump. It looks as though you're still using the old rendering as a model. The newer render has fewer setbacks.

Also, the base is going to be dark granite now instead of limestone, and the glass will be green (the blue in the renderings is just meant to reflect the sky).

koops65 Nov 24, 2008 3:52 AM

Here are my latest drawings, uploaded since Nov. 11:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/...7f2f7168_o.jpg

Updated the height of World Product Centre.

Kamuix Dec 3, 2008 3:15 AM

Very nice :tup:

Also why did you copy over your old trump drawing?

Skyscraper100 Dec 3, 2008 6:14 AM

nice!
btw what software are you guys using when making this kind of drawings?
tnx

koops65 Dec 3, 2008 6:48 AM

My latest Trump drawing is based on the actual render, right on the hoarding beside the construction site. It's rather different than the earlier version, and IMO looks far worse, but... thats what they seem to be building, so thats what I drew. The editor also thought it was far worse looking too, and put an older version (with blue glass, and no black stone at the base) as the primary. I suppose as the building rises, and the facade becomes visible, we'll really see which render is the more accurate one.
I use Microsoft Paint, and Paint.net, but there are plenty of other good programs that work nicely too. The ones I use are free though.:)

Skyscraper100 Dec 3, 2008 6:51 AM

can i use sketchup for my drawing?

koops65 Dec 3, 2008 2:32 PM

I don't know. I dont think so, because its a 3D render program. But I've never used it, so I'm not certain.

vid Dec 3, 2008 10:46 PM

Some people do, you have to set it to render a certain way.