SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   NHL Thread: Season 2018-2019 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234073)

Calgarian Oct 1, 2018 6:20 PM

Flames - Canucks should be a good match-up, Canucks have started the season fairly well the last couple years, and the Flames are hungry after a pretty lousy season last year!

DoubleK Oct 1, 2018 6:53 PM

Thoughts on how many games Tom Wilson is going to get? I'm thinking 3 or 4 and a strong talking too. Missing the banner raising is going to hurt.

Personally, I didn't the hit was that bad itself, but it's completely unnecessary in an exhibition game. I don't know what he is trying to prove running a fringe NHL player who is trying to make the big club.

Pre season for players who are solid in their roster slots is to knock the rust off and get ready for the start of play.

Also, he's getting paid like a 1st line RW. Being a thug isn't his job anymore, leave that to a plug on the 4th line.

Calgarian Oct 1, 2018 7:06 PM

I think he will get 10, the league needs to send this tool a strong message!

CanSpice Oct 1, 2018 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarian (Post 8331963)
I think he will get 10, the league needs to send this tool a strong message!

Looking at the hit, I'd say that's about right too. Sundkvist was in a completely defenseless position, Wilson knew he was going to be in that position well before he hit him. Three suspensions last season, and then this?

Denscity Oct 2, 2018 3:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarian (Post 8331885)
Flames - Canucks should be a good match-up, Canucks have started the season fairly well the last couple years, and the Flames are hungry after a pretty lousy season last year!

You are too kind. It looks like we are gonna be Colorado 2 years ago bad this year.

suburbanite Oct 2, 2018 4:09 PM

I think the buzz around here is even bigger than two years ago when Matthews and Marner were beginning their rookie seasons.

The cheer when Tavares come out of the tunnel on Saturday is going to be crazy. Then we'll somehow manage to lose to Ottawa.

logan5 Oct 2, 2018 4:51 PM

The days of self deprecating for Leaf fans are over. Toronto is an offensive powerhouse. Vancouver's where it’s at if you want to feel pain.

Calgarian Oct 3, 2018 4:43 PM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...57/282/bc3.jpg

Calgarian Oct 3, 2018 4:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 8333095)
The days of self deprecating for Leaf fans are over. Toronto is an offensive powerhouse. Vancouver's where it’s at if you want to feel pain.

I think Ottawa is going to give Vancouver a run for the basement.

TownGuy Oct 3, 2018 4:47 PM

Bummed out Nylander is still holding out. Would've been nice to see the whole offensive juggernaut in action on opening night.

HomeInMyShoes Oct 3, 2018 4:52 PM

About time.

Best/worst from each division:
Metropolitan: Penguins / Islanders
Really expecting a lull from the Capitals for periods of the season.

Atlantic: Lightning / Senators
Although Montreal with an injury or poor season with Price might be close to the Senators, this year is really seeming like going back to the first four years of the Senators and the whole Capital Punishment theme.

Central: Predators / Blackhawks
Weird writing the Blackhawks in that spot, but with Crawford still questionable and a year older lineup the rest of the division is just too tough. I'm not entirely sold on the Connor for Vezina that many of the writers are touting in their predictions.

Pacific: Sharks / Canucks
Okay, this could be the Coyotes. Did they actually improve their team from last year's lousy finish?

DoubleK Oct 3, 2018 5:21 PM

The Coyotes won't be last in the West. Antti Raanta was one of the best goalies in the league after Christmas.

TorontoDrew Oct 3, 2018 5:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes (Post 8334318)
About time.

Best/worst from each division:
Metropolitan: Penguins / Islanders
Really expecting a lull from the Capitals for periods of the season.

Atlantic: Lightning / Senators
Although Montreal with an injury or poor season with Price might be close to the Senators, this year is really seeming like going back to the first four years of the Senators and the whole Capital Punishment theme.

Central: Predators / Blackhawks
Weird writing the Blackhawks in that spot, but with Crawford still questionable and a year older lineup the rest of the division is just too tough. I'm not entirely sold on the Connor for Vezina that many of the writers are touting in their predictions.

Pacific: Sharks / Canucks
Okay, this could be the Coyotes. Did they actually improve their team from last year's lousy finish?

I agree with this, I think if the Leafs can get past the Lightening this year then they have a real shot at the cup. That's not just Leaf fan talk, that could actually really happen this season.

:D

Calgarian Oct 3, 2018 6:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denscity (Post 8332581)
You are too kind. It looks like we are gonna be Colorado 2 years ago bad this year.

Oh they will be bad, I expect them to be at or near the bottom of the entire league. I do expect them to start the season well though, should take a few weeks for the wheels to come off completely.

Denscity Oct 3, 2018 6:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarian (Post 8334407)
Oh they will be bad, I expect them to be at or near the bottom of the entire league. I do expect them to start the season well though, should take a few weeks for the wheels to come off completely.

We have a brutal schedule to start the year. We could be out of it by November.

lrt's friend Oct 3, 2018 6:19 PM

When will each Canadian team win their first game?

I have already predicted that the Senators will not win a game until November. Haha!

Jamaican-Phoenix Oct 3, 2018 6:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarian (Post 8334313)
I think Ottawa is going to give Vancouver a run for the basement.

Yeah, this is going to be a rough year for us Sens fans.

Melnyk is a joke.

Mrs Sauga Oct 3, 2018 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 8333095)

Are you serious? No team has it worst than the Sens.

TorontoDrew Oct 3, 2018 7:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrt's friend (Post 8334440)
When will each Canadian team win their first game?

I have already predicted that the Senators will not win a game until November. Haha!

Well the Leafs and Habs play against each other tonight so I predict tonight the Leafs or Habs to win their first game lol.

logan5 Oct 3, 2018 7:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Sauga (Post 8334511)
Are you serious? No team has it worst than the Sens.

Our D has to be one of the worst in the league combined with no offensive depth (Pettersson has no quality wingers). Still be interesting to watch our young guys and follow draft prospects.

GO CANUCKS!