SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

Coldrsx Feb 17, 2016 7:54 PM

The massive non-air development at YEG has started...

Machinery is on-site for construction of @FlyEIA's Premium Outlet Collection!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbZFaFbWcAAfVX2.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/BradBosker

speedog Feb 17, 2016 8:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 7339002)
The massive non-air development at YEG has started...

Machinery is on-site for construction of @FlyEIA's Premium Outlet Collection!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbZFaFbWcAAfVX2.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/BradBosker

This almost seems akin to the all the stuff going up in the CrossIron Mills area north of Calgary - out of Calgary's control in the M.D./county but still creating headaches for Calgary. There was even a call for Calgary Transit to provide transit service to all the businesses and industry that has been setting up shop in the CrossIron Mills area but the City of Calgary said no, that this was the M.D. of Rockview's problem and not Calgary's.

Probably worthy of it's own thread, later today I'll build something.

Alexcaban Feb 17, 2016 10:45 PM

Regarding the list on the pervious page.

Air Transat has decide to cancel it's Calgary-Glasgow flight starting May 31st.

Nicko999 Feb 18, 2016 1:07 AM

So will YUL finally wake the fuck up and give us the 2015 results? Wayyyyyyy overdue.

Johnny Aussie Feb 18, 2016 2:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexcaban (Post 7339311)
Regarding the list on the pervious page.

Air Transat has decide to cancel it's Calgary-Glasgow flight starting May 31st.

Yes, so the twice weekly YYC-MAN will just do MAN only. One of the MAN flights was via GLA.

Alexcaban Feb 18, 2016 8:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie (Post 7339612)
Yes, so the twice weekly YYC-MAN will just do MAN only. One of the MAN flights was via GLA.

YYC-MAN will remain 2 weekly, minus the weekly GLA run.

yyzer Feb 19, 2016 5:51 AM

Iran Air wants to fly to YYZ........

http://www.worldtribune.com/iran-eye...-york-toronto/

SignalHillHiker Feb 19, 2016 4:40 PM

VOCM had a story about the airports in St. John's, Gander, and Deer Lake being named among the Top 101 Airports in Atlantic Canada and thought... I'd certainly hope so? Are there even more than 101?

But it was Top 101 companies overall in Atlantic Canada lol

ACT7 Feb 19, 2016 4:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yyzer (Post 7341216)
Iran Air wants to fly to YYZ........

http://www.worldtribune.com/iran-eye...-york-toronto/

That was inevitable. With lifted sanctions and an Irianian diaspora pushing 100K in the GTHA, the timing seems right.

MalcolmTucker Feb 19, 2016 5:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACT7 (Post 7341575)
That was inevitable. With lifted sanctions and an Irianian diaspora pushing 100K in the GTHA, the timing seems right.

Plus like Turkey they have the population base to back up a shot at a super connector. I would run a little quid-pro-quo with the Iranians - buy a reasonable fleet of C-Series and there will be more slots available than initial O&D requires.

G.S MTL Feb 19, 2016 7:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 7339513)
So will YUL finally wake the fuck up and give us the 2015 results? Wayyyyyyy overdue.

I'm
Checking everyday hehehe
I also updated the intercontinental list once again! I will
Post it today.

G.S MTL Feb 19, 2016 9:04 PM

Well, here is the most recent updated list. There are quite some changes... I will constantly update!... Air Transat to Budapest was cancelled and once again Pisa was also cancelled. Air Algerie so far as of now is actually 8 weekly flights.. so yeah! I also checked Corsair to Orly and apparently is 6 weekly! I thought it was 7!! I didn't put AEROMEXICO or COPA Airlines like some did. If anyone has any updated or anything message me thanks!

http://s24.postimg.org/cfv3g3iyd/yul.jpg

Johnny Aussie Feb 20, 2016 3:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 7341907)
I'm
Checking everyday hehehe
I also updated the intercontinental list once again! I will
Post it today.

YYZ is usually the slowest to get numbers out. YHZ is still not reporting its 2015 year results yet either.

Some airports are reporting January results already: YLW, YYJ and YEG.

SkydivePilot Feb 20, 2016 5:47 AM

A small sign-of-the-times results at a couple of smaller airports here for the year 2015. (vs. 2014):

Regina fell by 6500 pax
Saskatoon fell by 41,200 pax

kwoldtimer Feb 20, 2016 2:22 PM

YKF was up 5.8% over the previous year - to a record total of 154,000 passengers.

cyeg66 Feb 20, 2016 6:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkydivePilot (Post 7342528)
A small sign-of-the-times results at a couple of smaller airports here for the year 2015. (vs. 2014):

Regina fell by 6500 pax
Saskatoon fell by 41,200 pax

99.9% oilfield workers...

cyeg66 Feb 20, 2016 6:20 PM

Nice list. Even when you take away the obvious home grown heavyweights AC/Rouge/Transat, that's still a pretty nice mix of tails. And as we all know, those of us in these parts are all about the tail. (Don't tell my wife I said that :))

SkydivePilot Feb 21, 2016 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyeg66 (Post 7342814)
99.9% oilfield workers...

There are oilfield workers who commute out of Regina aussi.

Xelebes Feb 21, 2016 5:04 AM

LEt's steer away from making jokes on sexuality. Not cool.

cyeg66 Feb 21, 2016 6:30 PM

I chuckled...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkydivePilot (Post 7343104)
There are oilfield workers who commute out of Regina aussi.

A much smaller number, and many of them were routed thru YXE...


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.