SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | 1000M (1000 S Michigan) | 805 FT | 73 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218947)

BonoboZill4 Sep 20, 2019 1:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 8691999)
^ Come October:

"We are breaking ground this November!"

Come November:

"We are breaking ground this December!"

Come December:

"We are breaking ground like NEVER!"

Right... I'm happy someone got it in writing at least. If they don't start then, I think we should put the thread into hibernation mode

Unless they mean October 2020 lol

Dylan Dude Sep 22, 2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrinChi (Post 8692254)
I'm still disappointed they won't build the original design, and I'm constantly reminded by the thumbnail image above.

What is the current design?

Ricochet48 Sep 23, 2019 12:48 AM

Their marketing budget seems alive and well. Anyone else getting targeted a lot?

SIGSEGV Sep 23, 2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet48 (Post 8695200)
Their marketing budget seems alive and well. Anyone else getting targeted a lot?

Yeah I see their ads all over instagram.

Steely Dan Sep 23, 2019 1:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet48 (Post 8695200)
Their marketing budget seems alive and well.

For real. if the reports of slow sales are true, it's certainly hasn't been from a lack of advertising effort.

BrinChi Sep 23, 2019 3:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Dude (Post 8695175)
What is the current design?

Go to Page 1 for the latest renderings. I think there are others within the past 10 pages as well.

Kenmore Sep 23, 2019 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrinChi (Post 8695547)
Go to Page 1 for the latest renderings.

and prepare to be disappointed

Bombardier Sep 24, 2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOgc (Post 8692264)
Is a GC officially selected for this? Are drawings out to subs, etc.?

GC is McHugh. I heard they have a hard requirement of breaking ground this year so are targeting a December ground breaking. I'm unclear on whether this is due to a city requirement or some other hard deadline, but the project team is allegedly working towards a December start.

BonoboZill4 Sep 24, 2019 3:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombardier (Post 8696191)
GC is McHugh. I heard they have a hard requirement of breaking ground this year so are targeting a December ground breaking. I'm unclear on whether this is due to a city requirement or some other hard deadline, but the project team is allegedly working towards a December start.

So, lie number 1000 confirmed from the 1000M marketing crew lol

MorganChi Sep 24, 2019 3:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8696341)

Should go on gram and put them on blast

ThirdCoaster Sep 24, 2019 7:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8696341)

This does seem to be lie #1000, but does anyone really care if it ends up being December? I had almost counted this one out earlier in the year and now feel so excited that we're getting a unique, 800ft+, skyline-changing tower with perma views of the lake/park. Even if this gets delayed again until 2020, I'm so excited for this one!

Donnie77 Sep 24, 2019 8:12 PM

Looking at it I think it will fit nicely with the ever growing South loops skyline.....

BonoboZill4 Sep 24, 2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdCoaster (Post 8696941)
This does seem to be lie #1000, but does anyone really care if it ends up being December? I had almost counted this one out earlier in the year and now feel so excited that we're getting a unique, 800ft+, skyline-changing tower with perma views of the lake/park. Even if this gets delayed again until 2020, I'm so excited for this one!

Until this thing is 25 floors up, I'm not convinced it'll be finished. Too much deception

ChiPlanner Sep 25, 2019 4:58 PM

Saw they responded to another instagram post yesterday that they're breaking ground in October

Steely Dan Sep 25, 2019 10:24 PM

^ it is possible that the sales team's report of an october groundbreaking and bombardier's indsider info of a december start might both be correct.

they might indeed be planning some kind of ceremonial "groundbreaking" in october with the dignitaries, gold shovels, and all of that circus, and actual construction work (ie. caisson drilling) might not commence until december.

it still seems a little hard to believe with what we've heard about sales on this project, but time will tell.......

feynman Sep 26, 2019 11:00 PM

Is there a real estate development or architectural equivalent to the term "vaporware?" Maybe a "phantom project?" Regardless, that's how this sucker feels. It's the new worst project in Chicago.

spyguy Oct 1, 2019 2:23 AM

On the Oct Landmarks agenda for renewal. I remain hopeful.

Quote:

1000 S. Michigan 4th Ward
Historic Michigan Boulevard District
Renewal of expired approval for a new 73-story, 832’ residential tower with ground-floor
retail and a 10-story parking structure at the base and consideration of proposed exterior
cladding materials.

Staff Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Committee find that the project, with the
following conditions, meets the criteria set forth in the
Commission’s Rules and Regulations, the Commission’s
Guidelines for Alterations to Historic Buildings and New
Construction and the Design Guidelines for the Historic Michigan
Boulevard District therefore, the project will not have an adverse
effect on the significant historical and architectural features of the
landmark district and approve the project with the following
conditions:
1. As proposed, staff recommends that the exterior changes
outlined are minor and may be approved as submitted per
drawings dated 7/18/19;
2. As proposed the cladding samples for the tower spandrels and
parking enclosure will be mill-finish aluminum (5005
Aluminum Mill Finish produced by Peterson Aluminum), the
window frames and passage screens shall be a matte steel
finish (1078-47 MTA Fluoronar, Dark Steel, 49644B produced by
TNEMEC Co.) and the glass shall have a grey color (AGC Interpane
Ipasol neutral 48/27) per submitted samples; and,
3. Any major changes to the proposal will come back for review
and approval by the Permit Review Committee.

BonoboZill4 Oct 1, 2019 3:14 AM

Lol, imagine if they get turned down

bnk Oct 2, 2019 12:08 AM

I personally don't care about the reduction in architecturally quality at this location.

For the skyline this would be a major player regardless of quality as long as it stays as tall as it is supposed to be.

Tourists are not going to go in and take a piss.

They will see it from Grant Park and see the gap in the tooth filled further south.

To me that's the most important part of this project. Plus its a Jahn project so I

will take anything he has left in him at this point. Especially at this location.

RedCorsair87 Oct 2, 2019 1:06 AM

I hate the parking podium. I would love if they continued the tower facade all the way to ground level.