SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (Nordstrom)| 1,550 FT | 131 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191095)

Vertical_Gotham Aug 19, 2015 1:24 PM

^^ Totally agree. Gary's reps are definitely playing games.

As per Real Deal

Quote:

A spokesperson for the developer said no final image of the planned tower is available, and all previous renderings of the building can be safely ignored.
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2015/08/....ks03hFyn.dpuf

babybackribs2314 Aug 19, 2015 1:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR Ewing (Post 7134077)
I don't think that this design has changed at all but for minor variations in nearly two years. Gary is just playing games.

he is rude

http://maya.tase.co.il/bursa/report....69-00&Type=Pdf

JR Ewing Aug 19, 2015 3:38 PM

The design leaked by Yimby is clearly what will rise. Many senior looking guys at the site have confirmed it when shown photos. Minor changes may occur with respect to the parapet height and the possible deletion of the spire, but no drastic changes will occur. Gary is full of it.

WIGGLEWORTH Aug 19, 2015 4:23 PM

^I guess we will see

babybackribs2314 Aug 19, 2015 5:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR Ewing (Post 7134784)
The design leaked by Yimby is clearly what will rise. Many senior looking guys at the site have confirmed it when shown photos. Minor changes may occur with respect to the parapet height and the possible deletion of the spire, but no drastic changes will occur. Gary is full of it.

yep

sparkling Aug 19, 2015 6:52 PM

City defends supertall towers near Central Park

Joe Anuta
August 19, 2015

Quote:

Supertall is superfine in the eyes of the de Blasio administration.

In a written response to elected officials, the city’s planning czar last week defended the slew of supertall towers rising in midtown.

And while the administration committed to monitoring effects such as shadows on Central Park, it has no plans to reduce the allowable size of buildings in one of New York's densest districts.

“Given the important role midtown Manhattan plays in the city’s economy, we have no immediate plans to reduce the current as-of-right density or bulk requirements,” Carl Weisbrod, director of the Department of City Planning, wrote Aug. 12.

Buildings such as the 1,003-foot condominium and hotel One57, on West 57th Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues, and the proposed 1,428-foot Steinway Tower condo down the street have alarmed groups such as the Municipal Art Society and Community Board 5's Central Park Sunshine Task Force, and have even spurred a bill in the City Council that would create a task force to address shadows. Critics have urged the city to implement a number of measures, including height limits and a moratorium on new towers until impact studies are done.

But Mr. Weisbrod’s letter, an answer to officials who had urged him to consider the groups’ concerns and recommendations, said the supertalls comply with laws governing density: The same amount of square footage could be built on each block anyway, and instead of being spread over the block, the floor space is distributed vertically.

And that can actually help preserve older buildings, he said.

Continue Reading

chris08876 Aug 19, 2015 8:59 PM

^^^^

Great news. DeBlasio is Bloomberg 2.0.

While some might not like Bloomberg, I still say he was the most visionary mayor for sealing the city as the mecca of the world in the 21st Century. He set the stage for this grand boom. Cleaned up the streets, made it easier for pedestrians, improved traffic, provided the nice incentives for developers, and increased tourism to record numbers.

DeBlasio is continuing the legacy, and so far, he has been great at it. Unlike other world mayors, he is saying no to making the city a museum, and instead, looks to the future, not the past.

Foosh Aug 20, 2015 1:18 AM

I'm so happy to be alive and witness this building boom in New York this time around, once I am done my program I am really considering making the trek east, wish I was done at the start of the boom, I could have been designing all these new interiors...would've loved to design Nordstrom :yes::yes::yes::yes::notacrook:

JR Ewing Aug 20, 2015 1:35 AM

I snapped this yesterday.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5802/...92f53a65_b.jpg

gramsjdg Aug 20, 2015 3:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR Ewing (Post 7135756)

Looks like its on hold until Gary makes up his mind what he's going to build... :rolleyes:

JR Ewing Aug 20, 2015 10:29 AM

There's tons of work going on. Gary is building what Nimby showed us.

Hypothalamus Aug 20, 2015 3:08 PM

It's only up from here!

ILNY Aug 20, 2015 3:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR Ewing (Post 7135756)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramsjdg (Post 7135872)
Looks like its on hold until Gary makes up his mind what he's going to build... :rolleyes:

No, Gary just realized that 220 Central Park will cover views for most of his building. ;)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/whaaa.gif

chris08876 Aug 20, 2015 6:00 PM

^^^^^

Thus he needs to make it taller to lower the percentage that is covered.

gramsjdg Aug 20, 2015 9:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 7136557)
^^^^^

Thus he needs to make it taller to lower the percentage that is covered.

Amen to that!

Zapatan Aug 21, 2015 5:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILNY (Post 7136280)
No, Gary just realized that 220 Central Park will cover views for most of his building. ;)

That's why the cantilever is there.

McSky Aug 21, 2015 7:52 PM

Nordstrom will cantilever up to 30 feet over the Art Students League building. In addition, the tower portion of 220 CPS tapers as it rises (compared to the base), and most of the width of the "villa" will be part of Nordstrom's viewing space toward Central Park.

The views from Nordstrom of the Park will be just fine.

ILNY Aug 21, 2015 9:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 7137784)
That's why the cantilever is there.

Right, 30 feet of the building will have some views of Central Park. Great.
That's why 220 is selling so fast. If you are spending millions of dollars and have an option to live in a place with full unobstructed views or some limited views, its no brainer which building you will choose. Unless you have double or triple of that money and can afford top floors of the CP tower.

timpdx Aug 22, 2015 12:32 AM

Yeah, but 220 will be blocked to the South, which is IMO just as killer a view.

McSky Aug 22, 2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILNY (Post 7138163)
Right, 30 feet of the building will have some views of Central Park. Great.
That's why 220 is selling so fast. If you are spending millions of dollars and have an option to live in a place with full unobstructed views or some limited views, its no brainer which building you will choose. Unless you have double or triple of that money and can afford top floors of the CP tower.

No, more than the cantilevered portion will have a direct view of Central Park. Almost all of the space between the Gainsborough Studios building and the 58th Street side of the Art Students League Building will also be open to direct views of Central Park from Nordstrom above 250 feet or so.