SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   St. John's (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=700)
-   -   [St. John's] Retail Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198935)

PoscStudent Jun 4, 2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker (Post 6152944)
Victoria's Secret tends to have a more MILFy clientelle in my experience. I've rarely seen teenagers/20-somethings in there.

Please don't share your experience! :)

Marty_Mcfly Jun 4, 2013 11:14 PM

Now now, don't be hating on those MILFS. Some of them are more than welcome to wear whatever that please :naughty:

PoscStudent Jun 5, 2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly (Post 6153074)
Now now, don't be hating on those MILFS. Some of them are more than welcome to wear whatever that please :naughty:

It's not the MILFs I'm concerned about!

KAO79 Jun 10, 2013 3:44 AM

Intersport in the Avalon Mall is now open for all of your athletic shoe and apparel needs! Grand Opening sales start this coming Wednesday, but amazing opening deals have been going on since we opened the doors Friday!

Come on in and check it out!!

jeddy1989 Jun 10, 2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAO79 (Post 6159145)
Intersport in the Avalon Mall is now open for all of your athletic shoe and apparel needs! Grand Opening sales start this coming Wednesday, but amazing opening deals have been going on since we opened the doors Friday!

Come on in and check it out!!

I sense you're involved? hahaha

good news :)

ThisIsJustePourDire Jun 10, 2013 4:21 PM

New Retail Stores in St. John's

Hello Everyone,
My name is Patrick and I have just joined SkyscraperPage. I was wondering if someone would be able to type a list of stores coming to the St. John's area in 2013/2014 (similar to the 1st post under St. John's Retail) so I can get a better understanding of what's going on in the city. I can tell you that Moxie's will be opening here by the end of 2013.

Thanks!

SignalHillHiker Jun 10, 2013 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 6153003)
Please don't share your experience! :)

:haha: Be nice!

Arrakis Jun 10, 2013 6:22 PM

Welcome Patrick to the blog.

I dont know if there is a definitive list of future retail stores on this site or not. I just listen throught the grapevine, newspaper and the city's agenda listings on their website and post what is newsworthy on here.

So where did you hear about Moxie's? Is there an official announcement anywhere?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsJustePourDire (Post 6159548)
Hello Everyone,
My name is Patrick and I have just joined SkyscraperPage. I was wondering if someone would be able to type a list of stores coming to the St. John's area in 2013/2014 (similar to the 1st post under St. John's Retail) so I can get a better understanding of what's going on in the city. I can tell you that Moxie's will be opening here by the end of 2013.

Thanks!

mrjanejacobs Jun 10, 2013 7:35 PM

Isn't Moxie's a restaurant?

As far as I am aware, there is no easy way of tracking new commercial activity like that.

Arrakis Jun 10, 2013 7:39 PM

Yeah, all i hear is the rumours and hear-say on here regarding Moxie's. I am sure though once Empire Theatres starts building there will definitely be other restaurants in the area along with Harvey's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjanejacobs (Post 6159795)

As far as I am aware, there is no easy way of tracking new commercial activity like that.

Marty_Mcfly Jun 10, 2013 7:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsJustePourDire (Post 6159548)
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!

I can work on my list when I have some free time from work. I've been very neglectful I know :haha:

ThisIsJustePourDire Jun 11, 2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjanejacobs (Post 6159795)

Actually, my dad works for a company that is working on the Field Power Complex and the one in Glencrest! He is positive that there is a Moxie's coming here.

Also, a new Swiss Chalet will open in the West Side Charlies building in Mount Pearl, WSC is moving right next to Carlson Wagonlit Travel. (There all in the same complex)

ThisIsJustePourDire Jun 11, 2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly (Post 6159813)
I can work on my list when I have some free time from work. I've been very neglectful I know :haha:

Thanks!

statbass Jun 11, 2013 1:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsJustePourDire (Post 6160490)
Also, a new Swiss Chalet will open in the West Side Charlies building in Mount Pearl, WSC is moving right next to Carlson Wagonlit Travel. (There all in the same complex)

I believe someone posted previously that Swiss Chalet will be setting up a location in Mount Pearl. Two sources makes it an even stronger possibility.....:cheers:

Arrakis Jun 11, 2013 6:34 PM

Where exactly is West Side Charlies in Mount Pearl?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsJustePourDire (Post 6160490)
Actually, my dad works for a company that is working on the Field Power Complex and the one in Glencrest! He is positive that there is a Moxie's coming here.

BigRedSpecial Jun 11, 2013 11:29 PM

Next to Dominion; in the strip mall between it and Shoppers

Arrakis Jun 12, 2013 6:05 PM

Odd to see a Swiss Chalet go into a tacky strip mall like pearlgate. They usually build stand alone restaurants these days. Though they were in another tacky strip mall on Kenmount Road too before they vacated that place due to rodent infestation. LOL. I thought they would take the old Rogers Video building as that is vacant right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedSpecial (Post 6161233)
Next to Dominion; in the strip mall between it and Shoppers

BigRedSpecial Jun 13, 2013 1:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrakis (Post 6162037)
Odd to see a Swiss Chalet go into a tacky strip mall like pearlgate. They usually build stand alone restaurants these days. Though they were in another tacky strip mall on Kenmount Road too before they vacated that place due to rodent infestation. LOL. I thought they would take the old Rogers Video building as that is vacant right now.

I thought the same thing... there is a ton of room in that parking lot to build a standalone though. Or, like you said, they could use the Rogers building. I thought someone had mentioned that previously?

Townie709 Jun 13, 2013 2:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedSpecial (Post 6162594)
I thought the same thing... there is a ton of room in that parking lot to build a standalone though. Or, like you said, they could use the Rogers building. I thought someone had mentioned that previously?

No, it is going in the old West Side Charlie's building in Mount Pearl.

BigRedSpecial Jun 13, 2013 12:54 PM

Well that places it in the strip mall. lol