SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Urban Art (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Is the Sim City we've always wanted finally here? (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213047)

chris08876 Dec 10, 2014 5:22 PM

In my city, NIMBYS will be relocated near dirty power plants and the pig farms. Can't wait to play this. :D

Nexis4Jersey Dec 23, 2014 12:46 PM

Video Link

photoLith Dec 23, 2014 2:49 PM

This looks amazing. I would probably need a better computer to play it on though.

chris08876 Dec 23, 2014 2:59 PM

I see a bright future for this if they add community mod support or at least provide the source code and some modding tools. Seems like they are focusing heavily on simulation, which is a positive.

MolsonExport Dec 23, 2014 3:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey (Post 6854229)

Please, Santa Claus, please bring me this.

Nexis4Jersey Dec 23, 2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 6854320)
I see a bright future for this if they add community mod support or at least provide the source code and some modding tools. Seems like they are focusing heavily on simulation, which is a positive.

mod Support from the start...special modding tools...

chris08876 Dec 24, 2014 12:09 AM

^^^^

You've sold me. I must buy it when it comes out! Nexus, are you working for them? :haha:

Do you know if they will have it available on Steam?

Nexis4Jersey Dec 24, 2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 6855033)
^^^^

You've sold me. I must buy it when it comes out! Nexus, are you working for them? :haha:

Do you know if they will have it available on Steam?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/

Nexis4Jersey Jan 13, 2015 4:44 PM

Video Link

photoLith Jan 13, 2015 5:35 PM

Looks super sexy and realistic.

KevinFromTexas Jan 13, 2015 8:18 PM

I don't know...the buildings aren't very well detailed. Google Earth looks better than that. Maybe it's just boring building designs.

Mad_Nick Jan 13, 2015 10:36 PM

Looks awesome! And it will be available for Linux. This is a must-buy for me! Finally a worthy successor to SimCity, now that Maxis has essentially been completely absorbed by EA. Now if only I had the time to play it, and the computer, I haven't upgraded my desktop computer in years...

Mad_Nick Jan 13, 2015 11:37 PM

http://www.gamewatcher.com/previews/...-preview/12100

You can define districts of your city where you can implement specific policies! An example they give: ban high-rises everywhere but the central-business district.

chris08876 Jan 14, 2015 2:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad_Nick (Post 6873439)
Looks awesome! And it will be available for Linux. This is a must-buy for me! Finally a worthy successor to SimCity, now that Maxis has essentially been completely absorbed by EA. Now if only I had the time to play it, and the computer, I haven't upgraded my desktop computer in years...

Just like the rape of Command and Conquer. What EA did to that series is a shame. Generals and Zero Hour along with Tiberian Wars (3rd one) where great, and made by EA, but WTF was Command and Conquer 4? Garbage. Red Alert 3 was okay, but you can tell that EA catered to the kiddy gamers and made it to easy. Real games are ball bustingly hard. Make you work at it, and show good skill progression. As a gamer myself, I can say this because I value good games that challenge you and put up a fight along with it.

Similar to how EA messed up the Sims 4. Sims 3 was great, but the 4th one was gutted out. Removed the open world, and catered to the crowds that may not have strong enough PC's for it. :koko:

EA use to be good, but now they are rubbish.

And lets not even get started about the the latest version of Simcity. :(

Mad_Nick Jan 14, 2015 3:11 AM

^ I'm not convinced EA has ever been good. They've been good at buying small studios and subsequently gradually dismantling them, in some cases publishing a decent sequel after the dismantling but mostly due to the people who stayed on. Maxis was never formally dismantled, but over time it lost the people that made it Maxis, and it has become a fully integrated part of EA.

I hear EA is a really shitty place to work, maybe that has something to do with why the games don't last long after dismantling of the original studio, that combined with their obsession with obtrusive DRM, it's like games at EA nowadays have to be designed around the DRM rather than the other way around.

Jasonhouse Jan 14, 2015 5:05 AM

A lot of games have promised to surpass SC4, but none have yet.

Before I waste my time with CXL, which is only useful for graphical mockups of a city, not citysim, I prefer to draw my own shit in Sketchup or ACAD, and import it into Earth.

chris08876 Jan 14, 2015 3:24 PM

If they could just make SC4 in 3D, not 2.5d which is what the original sc4 is, keep the same mod support, and orthogonal and diagonal roads, I'd be perfect.

Same recipe, only one that is made for modern systems. Cities XL tries, and its good, but its missing the zest and addictive nature of SC4.

chris08876 Jan 14, 2015 10:38 PM

Video Link

photoLith Jan 14, 2015 11:49 PM

Holy hell, Im going to have to like buy a gaming PC if this game turns out to be amazing.

Markitect Jan 14, 2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasonhouse (Post 6873879)
Before I waste my time with CXL, which is only useful for graphical mockups of a city, not citysim, I prefer to draw my own shit in Sketchup or ACAD, and import it into Earth.

Wait, what?! You mean you abandoned SCURK?!

I think I probably still have some of your stuff on an old disk somewhere.