SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Buildings & Architecture (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=397)
-   -   SAN FRANCISCO | Salesforce Tower | 1,070 FT (326 M) | 61 floors (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199946)

boyinthecity Sep 2, 2015 3:56 PM

fyi: here is the actual comparision....

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyv (Post 7150518)
Not only will WG be shorter than salesforce, I will see at as 2nd in LA to the US bank tower.

the wilshire grand will be "massively" taller.
and coincidentally, so will the tower in philly.
just add broomstick.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/SQ...8=w681-h534-no
source: this website.

Kamuix Sep 7, 2015 12:28 PM

From the eyes point of view In my opinion i'de say Salesforce tower is the tallest, Comcast coming in second, Wilshire in third

boyinthecity Sep 7, 2015 4:28 PM

a sarcastic broomstick and relevance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamuix (Post 7155355)
From the eyes point of view In my opinion i'de say Salesforce tower is the tallest, Comcast coming in second, Wilshire in third

honestly, i was being quite sarcastic.

yet, spires and such are controversial because they are considered
part of the building and count in the height.

IMHO, when presented side by side as i did, the transbay/salesforce tower is actually taller and has quite a bit more presence.

San Francisco's skyline is going through quite a transformation while (IMHO) Philly and LA are building one tall building to remain relevant.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/RG...=w1367-h525-no souce: me

SLO Sep 7, 2015 4:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyinthecity (Post 7150849)
just add broomstick.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/SQ...8=w681-h534-no
source: this website.

Kindly add US Bank to the picture for reference

Just-In-Cali Sep 7, 2015 5:12 PM

Funny...I come here to check on the progress of the Salesforce Tower, and I read a page and a half of blathering about LA's Wilshire Grand. Why the preoccupation?
Cant you be happy youre getting a supertall and leave it at that?
Apparently the mods don't care. The merits of what building qualifies for this or that has nothing to do with the hole in the ground that is the planned Salesforce tower.
And then you drag Philly...
" Philly and LA are building one tall building to remain relevant"
Wow...ok. With LA adding its SECOND supertall and Philly having two towers over 900 ft plus a rising super, SF is playing catchup...sorry bout it.

Cant we stay on topic, or will this turn into another 200 Greenwich mess?

timpdx Sep 7, 2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaycruz (Post 7155537)
Well since people insist on bringing up the same old topics and become RATHER ANNYOYING, Let me hurt everyones feelings all at once.

Wilshire Grand will NOT be the tallest on the west and Salesforce will NOT be the tallest on the west either.

That title will remain with the US bank/ Library Tower building in LA which will still have the highest floor occupation between the three buildings. Its actually a real true 1000+ footer where as Salesforce and WG add crowns and Spires just to get to that 1000 mark.

Sorry. If you're going to say "well Salesforce has a crown that adds 100+ feet of bulky useless space so it should be the tallest" well You have to acknowledge the Wilshire grand for doing the same and therefore they're in the same boat. Get over it. This is tired conversation.

And I like how the poster doesn't add the US Bank/Library tower for comparison because they know it still outshines both projects.

Sorry you are wrong, and I HATE the CTBUH decision on the Freedom Tower spire and spires in general, but the rules are the rules, and Comcast takes the title of tallest outside NYC and Chicago and Wilshire Grand takes tallest West of the Mississippi. :runaway:

SLO Sep 8, 2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timpdx (Post 7155721)
Sorry you are wrong, and I HATE the CTBUH decision on the Freedom Tower spire and spires in general, but the rules are the rules, and Comcast takes the title of tallest outside NYC and Chicago and Wilshire Grand takes tallest West of the Mississippi. :runaway:

the same way Petronis towers took the title from Sears tower....unless you actually look at them!! :haha:

summersm343 Sep 8, 2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyinthecity (Post 7150849)
just add broomstick.

This is not a City Vs. City forum. Do not turn it into one.

mt_climber13 Sep 8, 2015 2:33 AM

If spires count, then by that logic, shouldn't the depth of the foundations and piles driven count toward the total building "height?" In that case, this tower is the clear winner. I think the foundation on this is at least 250'.

Plokoon11 Sep 8, 2015 3:40 AM

Wait no, that cant be the case since your measuring from ground level or more specifically entrance lvl. Nice try.

mt_climber13 Sep 8, 2015 4:30 AM

^I'm sorry, I forgot to use the satire font.

photoLith Sep 8, 2015 4:56 AM

Spires shouldn't count for height imo.

fflint Sep 8, 2015 6:01 AM

Meh, it depends on the spire. There is no denying the spire on the Chrysler and Empire State buildings are integral and should be counted, for example.

LAX_Alex Sep 8, 2015 9:30 AM

Is ashamed how this forum has become. Why are people from San Francisco so desperate to have the tallest building. You guys should be happy that you are getting this tower. This is for all of you guys, neither of these 3 wonderful cities are actually building a 1000' tower, all 3 cities are cheating either with a massive hollow crown or a big spire.

Yesh222 Sep 8, 2015 8:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fflint (Post 7156019)
Meh, it depends on the spire. There is no denying the spire on the Chrysler and Empire State buildings are integral and should be counted, for example.

Everyone in the world agrees to that except, of course, the CTBUH. The ESB's spire isn't counted.

viewguysf Sep 8, 2015 8:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesh222 (Post 7156701)
Everyone in the world agrees to that except, of course, the CTBUH. The ESB's spire isn't counted.

The ESB's mast is; its antenna is not.

simms3_redux Sep 9, 2015 2:12 AM

First crane up.

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/a...pswfow6vhx.jpg

SLO Sep 9, 2015 6:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAX_Alex (Post 7156064)
Is ashamed how this forum has become. Why are people from San Francisco so desperate to have the tallest building. You guys should be happy that you are getting this tower. This is for all of you guys, neither of these 3 wonderful cities are actually building a 1000' tower, all 3 cities are cheating either with a massive hollow crown or a big spire.

Yeah especially Philly...;)

SLO Sep 9, 2015 6:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simms3_redux (Post 7157108)

Excellent

Tico Sep 18, 2015 5:50 PM

Anyone knows what's happening in the pit? Looking at the cam, it seems that some serious activity has been happening over the last few days.