SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

OneMetropolis Mar 20, 2012 7:14 PM

Central library as seen from January 2012
 
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7065/7...43da2f03e0.jpg

eburress Mar 20, 2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDfan (Post 5631313)
Question, does anyone, know anything about this project? Any updates? I had read somewhere they were building a second office tower comparable in height to the one on the site now, but I have no idea whats going on otherwise.

La Jolla Commons
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3...commonsgq2.jpg

The latest I've heard through a friend who's in commercial real estate is that they've scrapped their former hotel and condo tower plans and are going to proceed with a much smaller office building, similar in scale to the one that was built.

SDCAL Mar 23, 2012 2:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpexpress (Post 5632654)
That parcel falls within the Solar-Access Overlay which governs the height of any structure built there to ensure the park has adequate solar access. If you look closely you will see that the building steps back a few 10 feet on the top floor, this is so it fits in the overlay envelope.

Pardon my ignorance, but what park are you guys referring to??

This is the project in front of Albertson's, right? I'm not aware of a park there.

SDCAL Mar 23, 2012 2:31 AM

Interesting article/video on our airport
 
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/mar/22...e-its-airport/

It seems like we will be stuck with Linbergh Field for our lifetimes anyway. :yuck:

Lipani Mar 23, 2012 12:55 PM

Sad to say, but we'll have "Star Trek" transportation technology before that beast gets nixed.

S.DviaPhilly Mar 24, 2012 4:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCAL (Post 5638200)
Pardon my ignorance, but what park are you guys referring to??

This is the project in front of Albertson's, right? I'm not aware of a park there.

East Village Green is a proposed park on the parcel of land across the street from 13th and Market. It is supposed to be the largest park in East Village!

mongoXZ Mar 29, 2012 11:54 PM

I took a quick drive to downtown on this very beautiful sunny day and had some observations:

*The main supports for the new library's dome have been installed and it looks HUGE from the 5 freeway. Looks like rollercoaster tracks. cant wait to see the final result.

*Broadstone in Little Italy has started construction
http://ccdc.com/scripts/gis/webporta...d.aspx?id=1028
CCDC

*Ariel Suites has also begun!
http://ccdc.com/scripts/gis/webporta...d.aspx?id=1066
CCDC

From the U-T
Quote:

Fat City Lofts may give way to hotels
Planning Commission appeal on hold pending new proposal for site opposite Solar Turbines

http://media.utsandiego.com/img/phot...053cbc530c46a8
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...ive-way-hotel/

mello Mar 30, 2012 2:39 AM

Really upset that the fight for the Fat City property looks like it can't be won. We need more residents in Little Italy to really make it a vibrant neighborhood. Oh well at least something will get built there. Stoked about Broadstone and Ariel, LI is becoming a very impressive hood.

laguna Mar 30, 2012 3:33 AM

It looks just like the Q building that Segal built on India. This guy has only 2 designs in his pea brain, this design and the other cheap-ass cinderblock and stucco look with the steep front steps that he built all over Little Italy. Go inside the Q units and see all the hanging wires and miss-matched crap in them. If you dont see inside the units, walk inside the hallway off India St. by the coffee shop and and walk around to see what junk this dork builds before you sing his praises.

Segal wants to build a hotel! Earth to Jonathan-the occupancy rate in SD hotels is not very good. Its just a ploy to force the turbine companies hand on the condo idea.

LosAngelesDreamin Mar 30, 2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongoXZ (Post 5646731)
I took a quick drive to downtown on this very beautiful sunny day and had some observations:

*The main supports for the new library's dome have been installed and it looks HUGE from the 5 freeway. Looks like rollercoaster tracks. cant wait to see the final result.

TOTALLY!! I had training at Naval Base Coronado and the views of downtown from the bay bridge going back onto the 5 looks soooooo gorgeous... makes u realize how big the city is =D and the dome looks awesome from that view... imagine the impact it would have on the skyline once finished :yes:

HurricaneHugo Mar 31, 2012 10:01 PM

http://i.imgur.com/2mZgo.jpg

Picture I took a couple of days ago.

Wish my windshield was cleaner...

SDCAL Apr 1, 2012 5:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laguna (Post 5647048)
It looks just like the Q building that Segal built on India. This guy has only 2 designs in his pea brain, this design and the other cheap-ass cinderblock and stucco look with the steep front steps that he built all over Little Italy. Go inside the Q units and see all the hanging wires and miss-matched crap in them. If you dont see inside the units, walk inside the hallway off India St. by the coffee shop and and walk around to see what junk this dork builds before you sing his praises.

Segal wants to build a hotel! Earth to Jonathan-the occupancy rate in SD hotels is not very good. Its just a ploy to force the turbine companies hand on the condo idea.

I'm not sure it's a ploy, a Hotel that close to the airport might make sense.

SDCAL Apr 1, 2012 5:13 AM

Liking the library
 
I must admit the models and renderings of the new library didn't do it justice because it was hard to get a feel for the scale of it.

Now that it's taking shape I'm really excited, I think it's going to be a defining piece of architecture for the east village and for our city in general.

LosAngelesDreamin Apr 1, 2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCAL (Post 5649521)
I must admit the models and renderings of the new library didn't do it justice because it was hard to get a feel for the scale of it.

Now that it's taking shape I'm really excited, I think it's going to be a defining piece of architecture for the east village and for our city in general.

I think it's always like that... just like how San Franciscans in the past hated renderings of the Transamerica Pyramid? But once it was built it became loved and is now the landmark of SF. Renderings don't do anything justice just like pics New York City don't do it justice... you have to actually go to New York City in person and see it in the "flesh" to actually get the full impact of the city's awesomeness :P

spoonman Apr 7, 2012 2:52 PM

Anyone have pics of the Aeriel Suites tower, or any other projects in Little Italy that are under construction?

OneMetropolis Apr 10, 2012 9:51 PM

Central Library April 2012
 
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7228/7...be00d458_b.jpg


Honestly this thing gonna be so cool when its finished.

HurricaneHugo Apr 11, 2012 5:30 AM

Petco and the Library

http://i.imgur.com/INgYV.jpg

kpexpress Apr 13, 2012 6:18 AM

Park and G
 
http://www.ccdc.com/images/stories/d...Park_and_G.pdf

We saw this project at Predesign one Tuesday. What does everyone think?

Also, there is a big meeting coming up next month where we will review a Bosa project designed by KPF. I have nothing on it; does anyone know anything about it?

mello Apr 13, 2012 3:40 PM

Only 5 floors? This looks like a decent project for Sherman Heights of Barrio Logan but in my opinion not downtown worthy. Very uninspiring, and dull. I think anything built in downtown should be atleast 7 to 8 stories to get that Madrid/Paris streetscape going.

HurricaneHugo Apr 14, 2012 2:18 AM

Yes please, build stuff in Sherman Heights!


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.