SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Great Canadian Sports Attendance, Marketing and TV Ratings Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228928)

Acajack Jan 14, 2021 10:53 PM

TVA Sports reporting over 900,000 viewers for MTL-TOR last night.

thurmas Jan 14, 2021 11:47 PM

not suprising ratings raptors suck no other sports going on other than weekend NFL playoffs right now

JHikka Feb 5, 2021 8:57 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtLMRogX...jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1356371299275333634

Acajack Feb 5, 2021 9:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurmas (Post 9160246)
not suprising ratings raptors suck no other sports going on other than weekend NFL playoffs right now

If you're responding to me, not sure Raptors ratings (even if they were winning like crazy) would eat much into NHL ratings in Quebec.

NFL does OK here and is probably the second-most watched stuff behind the Habs right now.

I'd bet even international combat sports get significantly better ratings than the Raptors here.

They got a bit of a blip here during their championship run but so far I haven't seen anything in terms of durable interest.

thurmas Feb 5, 2021 9:43 PM

I meant in general not to anyone specifically i haven't seen any raptors ratings for this year come out yet which usually means they are terrible if not being mentioned and the team is losing this year instead of the recent success and popularity bump they had.

Denscity Feb 5, 2021 11:56 PM

I blame Raptor's losing on Drake's lack of support compared to their championship year.
I just don't see him out there on the court jumping around anymore.

thurmas Feb 8, 2021 3:53 PM

Canadian sports fans are pissed after TSN breaks up Jay and Dan

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/cana...sn-jay-and-dan

Sports fans are unhappy with Bell Media.

The Canadian media conglomerate let go more than 200 employees this past week, including sportscaster Dan O’Toole, co-host of the popular TSN highlights show SportsCentre with Jay and Dan.

O’Toole and longtime running mate Jay Onrait returned to Canada and TSN in 2017, after four years with Fox Sports 1 in the United States.

Other well-known TSN sportscasters included in the recent layoffs include longtime Ottawa reporter Brent Wallace, and SportsCentre anchor Natasha Staniszewski according to one report.

“We have made some changes at TSN as we streamline the organization,” a Bell Media spokesperson told Daily Hive. “The changes have affected some on-air personalities, who depart with our sincere thanks for their contributions to the network and the sports community.

Hackslack Feb 8, 2021 4:06 PM

They all should end up at Sportsnet. I feel like the personalities at Sportsnet are completely dry and amateurish. Hiring those let go by TSN would be in Sportsnets favour

thurmas Feb 8, 2021 4:23 PM

I will miss Jay and Dan and Natasha too TSN's young pup sportscentre announcers are so bland and annoying but I guess because they are dirt cheap Bell will stick with them.

Djeffery Feb 9, 2021 2:29 AM

Have heard speculation that Kayla Grey might join Jay, I think she has been a fill-in host before. I wonder if Dan being let go is in any way related to his weird tweet last year where wondered where his kid was and hoped she was ok. I never did hear a resolution of that, other than he made it sound like she was kidnapped, when really she was just with her mom. I know a lot of media people jumped on that and thought the worse, and Dan never came back out after and explained or apologized for confusing people.

I don't understand Bell sometimes though with these cuts (especially how they like to do them right after Lets Talk Day). They seem to do these as salary dumps. But here in London, their country station has a morning show host who has been there for 40 years and is in his mid-upper 60's. He has to have had serious salary creep over the years. The producer, who also acted like a third host in the morning, was funny as hell and very popular. He's in his 30's and always seemed like he was being groomed to take over the male part of the morning team. No, Bell turfs him last week, along with another young female host from their Virgin station. But keeps the old high paid guy. Where in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, it's gas all the high salaries. Weird.

JHikka Feb 9, 2021 3:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djeffery (Post 9185064)
I don't understand Bell sometimes though with these cuts (especially how they like to do them right after Lets Talk Day). They seem to do these as salary dumps.

It's 100% salary dumps. I get if you're worried about O'Toole but firing him on the week of Let's Talk is pretty inexcusable...but it makes sense if you consider it as a leadup to fiscal year-end reporting. Guys like Brent Wallace and Kristian Jack, probably on decent salaries, were great contributors and definitely weren't under the chopping block for any discernible reason other than finances. Natasha Staniszewski is another who was better than others they've left behind.

JHikka Feb 9, 2021 3:31 AM

Speaking of Bell cutting talent:

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/pr...tv-tsn-and-rds

SUPER BOWL LV Becomes Third-Biggest on Record, with 8.8 Million Viewers on CTV, TSN, and RDS

"TORONTO (February 8, 2021) – After a dominant performance led by the legendary Tom Brady, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ victory in SUPER BOWL LV is the third-most-watched SUPER BOWL ever in Canada, attracting an average audience of 8.8 million viewers on CTV, TSN, and RDS, according to preliminary data from Numeris. The game attracted significant engagement across the networks’ digital platforms, with SUPER BOWL live streaming on CTV, TSN, and RDS growing by 108% compared to last year.

17.6 million unique Canadian viewers, accounting for 47% of Canada’s population, tuned in to watch some part of the NFL’s iconic championship game. Audiences peaked at 11 million viewers at 8:38 p.m. ET during the Pepsi Super Bowl LV Halftime Show headlined by Canadian superstar The Weeknd.

SUPER BOWL LV ranks as Canada’s most-watched broadcast of the 2020/21 broadcast season. CTV and TSN were the first and second most-watched networks in Canada on Sunday."

Denscity Feb 9, 2021 3:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackslack (Post 9184447)
They all should end up at Sportsnet. I feel like the personalities at Sportsnet are completely dry and amateurish. Hiring those let go by TSN would be in Sportsnets favour

Ya lots of knobs on sportsnet like Tim and Sid etc.

Proof Sheet Feb 9, 2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denscity (Post 9185121)
Ya lots of knobs on sportsnet like Tim and Sid etc.

They are the worst. Sometimes I caught a few minutes of them post Champions League/World Cup qualifiers on Sportsnet when they had the rights. Childish banter would be giving them a compliment.

Isn't one of them leaving soon?

thurmas Feb 9, 2021 4:00 PM

Bell is classless in the way they let their talent go in salary dumps though they don't even give them 2 weeks notice so they can say goodbye on air. There is an article in the Winnipeg Free Press this week of how 25 year veteran lead anchor man on the CTV Winnipeg 6 o'clock news Gord Leclerc was summoned abruptly on a friday and told he would no longer be with the company immediately and walked him out the door like he stole something not even letting him say goodbye on air and within a week his mother died. Bell are so cutthroat its really tacky not sure who their HR manager is but its really dumb the way they do their salary dumps.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ar...573730242.html

Hackslack Feb 9, 2021 4:11 PM

Is it not common for how people are let go? I know in my industry when there are layoffs, they have a sit down, say you are being let go, without any reason given, they let you go back to your desk to grab personal belongings, then on your way, this goes for the 25 yr + employee too... pretty sure it’s for liability reasons, like why they wouldn’t the TSN/CTV folk have a week to say goodbye on air, cause damage could be done.

esquire Feb 9, 2021 4:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackslack (Post 9185482)
Is it not common for how people are let go? I know in my industry when there are layoffs, they have a sit down, say you are being let go, without any reason given, they let you go back to your desk to grab personal belongings, then on your way, this goes for the 25 yr + employee too... pretty sure it’s for liability reasons, like why they wouldn’t the TSN/CTV folk have a week to say goodbye on air, cause damage could be done.

Ha... you can imagine how giving O'Toole a platform for a week might go.

Denscity Feb 9, 2021 5:23 PM

TSN 1040 Vancouver just suddenly cut local programming and after a "stay tuned for an announcement regarding TSN 1040" went to CBS or Fox Sports radio programming!
Edit: big voice comes on again saying there will be an announcement at 930am regarding the future of TSN 1040.

Denscity Feb 9, 2021 5:34 PM

Phuk 1040 will no longer be a TSN affiliate!
Format will change and be announced on Friday.
Now they're playing Green Day "Hope you had the time of your life"! Lol.
So lame I've been listening several hours a day foe years!
And now The Wknd so perhaps another music station for Vancouver but one less sports station.
Sportsnet Vancouver radio like on TV is full of knobs won't listen to them.

thurmas Feb 9, 2021 5:38 PM

this is the reality covid has dealt as I beleive ESPN is a part owner of TSN with Bell and ESPN announced massive layoffs last month. No CFL and no curling this past year certainly hurts TSN's bottom line.

esquire Feb 9, 2021 5:57 PM

TSN 1290 in Winnipeg is gone. Local sportswriter Paul Friesen said that some of their staff reached out to him because they were wondering what was going on... apparently they haven't been told anything by Bell.

In hindsight this wasn't terribly surprising for 1290... they lost the rights to the Jets after last season (apparently a year early given that the contract was originally annouced as being for 10 years), and even though they had a pretty good local morning show and plenty of pre/post game coverage of the Bombers and Jets, it's probably tough to draw an audience when you don't have broadcasting rights for any of the home teams. I guess Bell was getting ready to make an exit.

I wonder if Corus will turn the lacklustre Peggy FM into a standalone sports station now? The Bombers, Jets, Moose and ICE are on CJOB right now... between that and all their sports shows, it's kind of crowding out the news/current affairs on that station.

Acajack Feb 9, 2021 6:10 PM

Does this mean they are shutting almost all of them down? There is a TSN 1200 station in Ottawa too.

Bell Media already did their chopping in the anglo media in Montreal last week. It seems like the TSN 690 station there survived though.

esquire Feb 9, 2021 6:12 PM

I think Hamilton, Winnipeg and Vancouver's TSN radios are gone now (did Van have two TSNs? Is one still left?).

Denscity Feb 9, 2021 6:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esquire (Post 9185669)
I think Hamilton, Winnipeg and Vancouver's TSN radios are gone now (did Van have two TSNs? Is one still left?).

Vancouver did have 2 TSNs but the second one switched over to BNN a couple years ago.

Ignore the red faced guy

thurmas Feb 9, 2021 6:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esquire (Post 9185669)
I think Hamilton, Winnipeg and Vancouver's TSN radios are gone now (did Van have two TSNs? Is one still left?).

TSN 1290 in Winnipeg just got the ax now too. After they lost the Jets rights 3 months ago to CJOB their goose was cooked.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7629725/t...ys-bell-media/

Denscity Feb 9, 2021 6:26 PM

How did Edmonton and Ottawa survive and Vancouver no I wonder.

Andy6 Feb 9, 2021 6:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 9185667)
Does this mean they are shutting almost all of them down? There is a TSN 1200 station in Ottawa too.

Bell Media already did their chopping in the anglo media in Montreal last week. It seems like the TSN 690 station there survived though.

Not the station. TSN 1290 will go back to being CFRW I guess. Presumably far lower overhead in a music format than one with a lot of local personalities. Winnipeg is a pretty small market for two sports stations. Still, it's a little like when the Winnipeg Tribune was closed without warning 40 years ago and suddenly half of the familiar figures in the media disappeared overnight and there was only one choice for everything.

thurmas Feb 9, 2021 6:34 PM

wish they got rid of the toronto one being on tv with o'dog noodles and that chubby guy they are so smug and annoying.

Hackslack Feb 9, 2021 6:38 PM

I wish the Fan 960 was TSN radio in Calgary. I can’t stand the blue jays games being broadcasted over the radio.

Acajack Feb 9, 2021 6:39 PM

The Ottawa TSN station basically has the English radio broadcast rights for all of the Ottawa teams, including the Senators and Redblacks which are the two major ones, plus the CPL team, the CHL 67's and the basketball team if it gets off the ground. So on pretty solid ground.

Another station has the Blue Jays rights in Ottawa, and of course there are French language rights for the Ottawa teams split up among a couple of stations.

Denscity Feb 9, 2021 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurmas (Post 9185710)
wish they got rid of the toronto one being on tv with o'dog noodles and that chubby guy they are so smug and annoying.

Yup noodles ain't bad but...
Nothing Toronto specific should be broadcast across the country anyways.

LakeLocker Feb 9, 2021 7:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheHockeyGuy

Shameless plug for Shannon TheHockeyGuy from Abbotsford.

But seriously sports networks are entirely pointless in 2021.

There's a million people on youtube putting up free content online.

Most of them suck but there's a good number of them that are quite talented.

I'm much rather drop my guy $20 bucks on Patreon than give money to bell or rogers.

I now stream my hockey from nhl.tv.

You can select your broadcast, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you can integrate your favorite youtubers commentary into the stream.

thurmas Feb 9, 2021 7:50 PM

I usually watch Rod Pedersen's show on youtube for CFL content daily out of Regina as Western Canadian sports broadcasting options has gone down the tubes this past decade. TSN CFL offseason content is so small and non existent which makes no sense to me as its their top 3 sports property that they spend over $40 million a year on but ces't la vie.

jonny24 Feb 9, 2021 8:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeLocker (Post 9185803)
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheHockeyGuy


There's a million people on youtube putting up free content online.

Most of them suck but there's a good number of them that are quite talented.

I'm much rather drop my guy $20 bucks on Patreon than give money to bell or rogers.

So how will youtube give me live Ticats discussion the morning after the game on my way to work?

SHOFEAR Feb 9, 2021 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny24 (Post 9185870)
So how will youtube give me live Ticats discussion the morning after the game on my way to work?

Yeah.

I listen to TSN 1260 during my commutes and while sitting in my office. I fail to see an alternative for me to get my sport fix. Even with TSN (or prior to that, TEAM 1260) never having broadcast rights for the Oilers or Eskimos i wouldn't switch the dial to the right holders.

jonny24 Feb 9, 2021 8:18 PM

This fucking blows. TSN Hamilton was awesome, covering tons of local stuff from Ticats down to junior B hockey. I was already pissed when they cut our local afternoon programming and piped in Toronto talk instead. This brutal for coverage of anything that isn't "mainstream" Big 4 leagues.

esquire Feb 9, 2021 9:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurmas (Post 9185833)
I usually watch Rod Pedersen's show on youtube for CFL content daily out of Regina as Western Canadian sports broadcasting options has gone down the tubes this past decade. TSN CFL offseason content is so small and non existent which makes no sense to me as its their top 3 sports property that they spend over $40 million a year on but ces't la vie.

Losing TSN 1150 in Hamilton is bad for CFL coverage in Southern Ontario. I'm sure there were probably more than a few CFL fans in the GTA who listened to Hamilton's TSN because of their top notch coverage.

Oh well, no time like the present to hop on board the Rod Pedersen train!

Acajack Feb 9, 2021 9:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esquire (Post 9185962)
Losing TSN 1150 in Hamilton is bad for CFL coverage in Southern Ontario. I'm sure there were probably more than a few CFL fans in the GTA who listened to Hamilton's TSN because of their top notch coverage.

Yes, I agree.

I am 100% sure a station will pick up the Ticats games at least but that's not the same as also having a sports station that talks about them on its daily programming.

LakeLocker Feb 9, 2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny24 (Post 9185870)
So how will youtube give me live Ticats discussion the morning after the game on my way to work?

Download the podcast version. Mind you the CFL is shit out of luck if its fans can't figure out the technology.

CFL has a radical amount of potential, the American potential for the CFL in this day and age is huge.

If you focus more on streaming etc, I'm sure you could crack into football fans wanting something different during the summer.

The CFL if serious could be exactly what the XFL was trying to be. A faster spring league alternate to the NFL.

I take it as a point of interest that Dwayne the Rock Johnson an exCFL player bought the XFL.

Any CFL fan should be wondering the Rock didn't have his own CFL team.

Denscity Feb 9, 2021 10:45 PM

Surely 5 million people in BC is a large enough market to start up an independent BC only sports station of some sort. No Toronto sports teams allowed.

Djeffery Feb 10, 2021 12:26 AM

I was surprised to see US ratings down. I figured with the pandemic that parties and bar viewing would be lower and more people would be watching at home. I'm guessing that is in part why Canadian ratings were up.


Quote:

Originally Posted by JHikka (Post 9185109)
Speaking of Bell cutting talent:

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/pr...tv-tsn-and-rds

SUPER BOWL LV Becomes Third-Biggest on Record, with 8.8 Million Viewers on CTV, TSN, and RDS

"TORONTO (February 8, 2021) – After a dominant performance led by the legendary Tom Brady, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ victory in SUPER BOWL LV is the third-most-watched SUPER BOWL ever in Canada, attracting an average audience of 8.8 million viewers on CTV, TSN, and RDS, according to preliminary data from Numeris. The game attracted significant engagement across the networks’ digital platforms, with SUPER BOWL live streaming on CTV, TSN, and RDS growing by 108% compared to last year.

17.6 million unique Canadian viewers, accounting for 47% of Canada’s population, tuned in to watch some part of the NFL’s iconic championship game. Audiences peaked at 11 million viewers at 8:38 p.m. ET during the Pepsi Super Bowl LV Halftime Show headlined by Canadian superstar The Weeknd.

SUPER BOWL LV ranks as Canada’s most-watched broadcast of the 2020/21 broadcast season. CTV and TSN were the first and second most-watched networks in Canada on Sunday."


Djeffery Feb 10, 2021 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurmas (Post 9185461)
Bell is classless in the way they let their talent go in salary dumps though they don't even give them 2 weeks notice so they can say goodbye on air. There is an article in the Winnipeg Free Press this week of how 25 year veteran lead anchor man on the CTV Winnipeg 6 o'clock news Gord Leclerc was summoned abruptly on a friday and told he would no longer be with the company immediately and walked him out the door like he stole something not even letting him say goodbye on air and within a week his mother died. Bell are so cutthroat its really tacky not sure who their HR manager is but its really dumb the way they do their salary dumps.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ar...573730242.html

It's pretty standard in media to let people go like that. It's the ultimate in cancel culture, it's like you never existed. I'm actually surprised the few times I hear of someone being let go and they get to have a final show. Bob McCown, who reportedly was the highest paid radio host in the country when he was let go in the summer of 2019, was allowed to finish out his week on Prime Time Sports on Sportsnet and Fan590. And he handled it like a pro, didn't talk about himself at all, which was rare for him. He probably had a clause in his contract that if he went out in a blaze of glory, he wasn't going to get any money after. You'd think that would be a thing for all of them, really. Most of them aren't exactly wealthy and don't want to blow a nice severance package just to shit talk the station.

I remember one talk show host in London about 15 years ago, the news came out in May that his contract wasn't being renewed and he would be leaving the air at the end of June. The deal was he wasn't allowed to talk about his status at all on the air. And sure enough, every time a caller said something about it he shut them down and said he appreciated it but he wasn't allowed to talk about it. Finally, a few weeks goes by, and he's had enough of shutting everyone down, so he basically says "Fine, the situation sucks, I hate that I'm losing my job and I hate even more that I can't talk about it whenever a caller says something. So I'm not shutting anyone down, what are they gonna do to me anyway?", and that was his last show lol. I don't know if it cost him his package, if he even had one.

jonny24 Feb 10, 2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeLocker (Post 9186071)
Download the podcast version. Mind you the CFL is shit out of luck if its fans can't figure out the technology.

CFL has a radical amount of potential, the American potential for the CFL in this day and age is huge.

If you focus more on streaming etc, I'm sure you could crack into football fans wanting something different during the summer.

The CFL if serious could be exactly what the XFL was trying to be. A faster spring league alternate to the NFL.

I take it as a point of interest that Dwayne the Rock Johnson an exCFL player bought the XFL.


Any CFL fan should be wondering the Rock didn't have his own CFL team.

What podcast is going to have three hours of content posted at 7am the day after a night game?

What about the day after that?

What about the day after that?

TSN1150 obviously isn't all-Ticats all the time, but in season it dominates the conversation. And it's not just the CFL-focused segments, references are made throughout the show to Ticats/other Hamilton things in a way that some Toronto or American show never will. Hell, TSN1150 covered the rest of the CFL more than probably any other station out there. Same goes for the Bulldogs during hockey season.

What about college sports? Regular updates on Mac football during their season. "Players of the week" throughout the year based on local college and amateur sports

All of these things are not able to be replicated by very specific podcasts, that at best come out once a week.

And for the record, I don't download shit. I buy CD's for my truck, or listen to the radio. If I'm at my computer for work, then I can find podcasts and listen to them - I'm already consuming all that content the CFL offers, so, I gotta spend time downloading a non-existent podcast late at night or early in the morning before my drive.... only to now have a hole in my listening content later in the day?

Don't spin this any other way, this absolutely sucks for the CFL, its fans, college sports, and other local sports.

As for all that American focused nonsense. The CFL doesn't need to be "a faster spring league alternate to the NFL" It's already a faster, summer+fall alternate to NFL. You know, when it's actual fans want to watch football, not changing its identity to be be non-fans second (more like 4th or fifth) favourite league, if that.

jonny24 Feb 11, 2021 1:03 PM

Like many other Canadian teams, the Toronto Arrows will begin their season playing home games in Atlanta. Training camp will happen in Toronto before the season kicks off on March 20th. Hopefully we'll be allowed border crossings and fans in stands by the end of the season - the final is August 1st.

https://torontoarrows.com/news/toron...f-2021-season/

LakeLocker Feb 14, 2021 2:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny24 (Post 9186476)
What podcast is going to have three hours of content posted at 7am the day after a night game?

What about the day after that?

What about the day after that?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Truenorth00 (Post 9190367)
TSN1150 obviously isn't all-Ticats all the time, but in season it dominates the conversation. And it's not just the CFL-focused segments, references are made throughout the show to Ticats/other Hamilton things in a way that some Toronto or American show never will. Hell, TSN1150 covered the rest of the CFL more than probably any other station out there. Same goes for the Bulldogs during hockey season.

Radio is a dying medium, this lack of a replacement is a problem for the league.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Truenorth00 (Post 9190367)
What about college sports? Regular updates on Mac football during their season. "Players of the week" throughout the year based on local college and amateur sports

All of these things are not able to be replicated by very specific podcasts, that at best come out once a week.





Quote:

Originally Posted by Truenorth00 (Post 9190367)
And for the record, I don't download shit. I buy CD's for my truck, or listen to the radio. If I'm at my computer for work, then I can find podcasts and listen to them - I'm already consuming all that content the CFL offers, so, I gotta spend time downloading a non-existent podcast late at night or early in the morning before my drive.... only to now have a hole in my listening content later in the day?

Don't spin this any other way, this absolutely sucks for the CFL, its fans, college sports, and other local sports.

It's a far bigger issue if the CFL can't generate online content. Podcasting etc isn't a fringe idea. It's dominating growth is radically outstripping radio.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Truenorth00 (Post 9190367)
As for all that American focused nonsense. The CFL doesn't need to be "a faster spring league alternate to the NFL" It's already a faster, summer+fall alternate to NFL. You know, when it's actual fans want to watch football, not changing its identity to be be non-fans second (more like 4th or fifth) favourite league, if that.

"actual fans" are aging out.

jonny24 Feb 16, 2021 2:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeLocker (Post 9190612)

"actual fans" are aging out.

You've misquoted, I said the part about actual fans, not TrueNorth00




I'm 27. I've been a season ticket holder since I was 23. I sure as fuck hope I'm not "aging out" anytime soon. There is a huge young crowd at THF.

JHikka Feb 24, 2021 7:07 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuYNKAiX...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuYNK-9X...jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/SportsnetPR/stat...91189272428549

Acajack Feb 24, 2021 8:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny24 (Post 9191972)
You've misquoted, I said the part about actual fans, not TrueNorth00




I'm 27. I've been a season ticket holder since I was 23. I sure as fuck hope I'm not "aging out" anytime soon. There is a huge young crowd at THF.

Lots of young fans at Redblacks games in Ottawa as well.

I think the average age of the crowd might be as young or younger than at Senators games.

esquire Feb 24, 2021 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 9199838)
Lots of young fans at Redblacks games in Ottawa as well.

I think the average age of the crowd might be as young or younger than at Senators games.

Similar to what we see in Winnipeg too. There is pretty broad age representation at Blue Bombers games. It's not that unlike Jets games where the prime seats are taken up by older long-time season ticket holders and then you have a lot of younger people in the less expensive seats.

JHikka Feb 24, 2021 8:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 9199838)
Lots of young fans at Redblacks games in Ottawa as well.

I think the average age of the crowd might be as young or younger than at Senators games.

You need a car to get to Sens games, so between that and being unable to drink and get safely home that bumps the age up a bit. Not so much that young people don't go to Sens games and more that it leans older crowds by default due to location.

RB tickets can be gotten pretty cheap, surrounded by bars and restos, and is in a central enough part of the city that grabbing an Uber home isn't $40. OSEG was actively aiming for university-aged consumers for all of their teams pre-COVID.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.